Why do childhood friends never win?

Why do childhood friends never win?

Oh, you again, lurk more.

If you're friends with someone from young childhood and see them constantly, you're likely to view them more of a sister than a love interest.

its kind of how humans evolved to not immediately fuck their sisters at every opportunity.

its a subtle form of NTR and I love it

It's really hard to impress someone who remembers you dressing in diapers, freaking out in the dark, or making fart based soap bubbles in the tub.

That doesn't mean shit in fiction.

People can't remember stuff that happened when they were that young.

Percia is better.

>make best girl
>she wins by half the series
>viewership goes down after "win"
>lose sales because of this
OR
>make best girl
>make MC an absolute scientific theory level of density
>milk the cash cow for as long as necessary
>give less polarized/bland girl the win to offend as little people as possible

If I ever watch or read something, I don't care how far I have invested into it, I will drop it if a childhood friend character is ever introduced because she will ALWAYS be best girl and she will ALWAYS lose. Childhood friend is the only archetype that can still lose despite being the first female character introduced into the cast.

I can assure you that Hazuki is not best girl. In fact, she's worst girl. MC and main girl have been dating since chapter 1 and when MC told Hazuki (childhood friend) since he felt guilty about keeping the secret, she tried to spill the secret which would have not only caused MC and main girl to have to break up but gotten MC kicked out from the school.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa. Mikan wasn't best girl.

>ALWAYS lose.
But that's wrong you fucking newfag.

It also had the main couple get together 100 chapters before the series ended with no status quo reset.

MYTH!

is that the one where they do nothing but fuck once they get together?

It doesn't count in this scenario because the MC like Perucia since they were kids as well.

Because they're shit.

>childhood friends never win
Toppest of kek
How new are you?

Not him but while I know some childhood friends do win, they're the exception rather than the rule. "Never" here is just hyperbole.