What anime has the worst dub in history? Ghost Stories doesn't count as it's supposed to be bad...

What anime has the worst dub in history? Ghost Stories doesn't count as it's supposed to be bad, and Garzey's Wing is cheating.
>inb4 all dubs are shit
okay fine, but which ones are like nuggets of shit in a pile of shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mgKR_igClAo
youtube.com/watch?v=1T_TLBZxY4U
youtube.com/watch?v=nLmsVBgZiak
youtube.com/watch?v=O4Gq2NxTvak
youtube.com/watch?v=CnRgPN-ECB4
youtube.com/watch?v=_SyWm37vXzs
youtube.com/watch?v=ipxqz7vb2S4
youtube.com/watch?v=82347rgAJRU&t=6m4s
youtu.be/MwhgHz3Fm3o
youtu.be/rO_Vk6vrXRw
youtube.com/watch?v=7kscfb9XzPs
youtube.com/watch?v=oZ45c-bpaFo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Beating a dead horse at this point, but 4kids One Piece takes the cake. I can't really think of anything worse

A lot of the 4kids shit is absolutely awful

Hunter x Hunter 1999 was incredibly bad. Probably the worst I've ever heard.

YGO dub was hilarious, but back then nobody cared for some reason, even when it was pretty much a different series

Not even the worst from that studio honestly.

youtube.com/watch?v=mgKR_igClAo

Eh nobody expect series made to market toys/trading cards to get faithful uncut dubs. At least the original Yugioh and even GX could be entertaining with it's localization.

I wouldn't call it bad performance-wise. I actually liked what they did to Kaiba's character.

Anything hentai.
Seriously. Japanese girls can fake sexy/cumming voices perfectly. In english, these dubbers sound like tortured cows.

fucking Dragon Ball, Piccolo monologues for like 30 seconds after having his entire insides removed

youtube.com/watch?v=1T_TLBZxY4U

eh I love hentai dubs. They're usually pretty hilariously adapted, and chock full of stupid one-liners. Then again I don't find animated hentai particularly arousing so anything making fun of it is fine by me

youtube.com/watch?v=nLmsVBgZiak

Cross Ange or AKB0048. I'm lookin' at you Carli Mosier and Molly Searcy.

>Most girls wouldn't be so understanding after being raped.

Holy shit my sides are in orbit

Pegasus was great.

>mfw some of those one liners

eh if were gonna do european dubs Dragonball definitely had some winners

youtube.com/watch?v=O4Gq2NxTvak
youtube.com/watch?v=CnRgPN-ECB4
youtube.com/watch?v=_SyWm37vXzs
youtube.com/watch?v=ipxqz7vb2S4

youtube.com/watch?v=82347rgAJRU&t=6m4s

>MINÄ RATSASTAN (I am riding a horse)
>Actually was bike

Every time.

eh I don't hate it. They don't even try to make Naruto and Sasuke sound 12, but the acting doesn't seem too bad. I always found Junko Takeuchi to be pretty grating so it's kind of refreshing to hear the character with a male voice. Can't say anything for the script though since I don't speak the language.

youtu.be/MwhgHz3Fm3o
youtu.be/rO_Vk6vrXRw
The trainwreck just kept getting more and more out of control

that's almost Ghost Stories tier

Death Note is super bad but i might be the only one who thinks this cause everyone i talk to says its fine.

Portuguese dub of Dragon Ball would be the same as the American dub of Ghost Stories. They just did whatever the fuck they wanted.

Just like the Greek, Big Green and Malaysian dub of Dragon Ball, at least it's hilarious and entertaining to hear.

THEN there are dubs that not only are bad, but also boring. Those are the worst ones. European Spanish Dragon Ball suffers from this, but I think part of the blame is on the French because the Spain studio used the French dub as base instead of the Japanese one. Don't know if the French dub of DB was actually good or not, forgive me if I'm wrong.

Ocean Dub Dragon Ball was pretty bad, too. That censorship, that music and thise voices were dull. Brian Drummond as Vegeta was kind of hilarious because of how out of place it was.

Only good part of the dub was the potato chip.

DEAR BOY

I hope anime becomes more even more mainstream to the point where dubs can actually get some good voice actors.

Funimation is so fucking terrible.

And it's not like there isn't great english VAs either.

youtube.com/watch?v=7kscfb9XzPs

Imagine if anime could get talent like that.

Ironically I found the Ika Musume dub charming in it's own way, overall obviously inferior but the way they transitioned her untranslatable speech patterns into silly squid puns made me smile. The chick who did her voice is just about the only English VA I can admit to finding her voice cute.

on that note why do western VA's never do anime
tara strong and others like here would be perfect for anime

I like Cindy but there is no doujin about her

Except Ghost Stories actually managed to be funny at times because it was so blatantly and intentionally conflicting with the source material. Danganronpa dub is a tryhard fuckfest where they're trying to be funny while fitting the tone of the series by injecting tons of reddit tier dialogue and grating millennial mannerisms.

Same. I was actually kinda disappointed they didn't dub season 2.

Did they seriously get John Dimaggio to voice the joker? I mean I actually really like him as a VA, it's hard to hate Bender and his work as one of the announcers in Madworld was phenomenal, but as the Joker it seems an odd choice.

The English episode would've been impossible to dub anyways.

K-ON!! Movie dub disagrees.

Kobayashi may be a runner up, so long as you don't slutshame her.

That was different, they were just visiting a different country, whereas Ika and the gang were actually learning to speak English and most of the jokes were how Eiko's Japanese sounded like awkward English phrases.
And while I'm here I should probably also mention something about how I want to penetrate these two supple little girls, as is traditional.

jesus christ

When I think of people watching dubs I think how can you prefer some shitty paid VA from Texas over the natural sounding Sugita/Fuk Jun/Hayami or whoever.

Why would you put yourself through that.

American and russian dub.

All of the GREATEST GREATEST dub videos from hentai are more entertaining than anything from the past few years.

>Ghost stories
>bad

why do germans have zero emotion?
youtube.com/watch?v=oZ45c-bpaFo

One Piece was so infamously bad that it almost single-handedly killed the medium of anime as children's programming in America. If not for Pokémon that would've been it.

Even to this day I'm stunned just looking at stills. Like what the fuck. It was so bad that 4kids literally seriously fucking died.

LELOUCH, what the fuck? first thing in the morning I swear to god I hop into Sup Forums for the first time in months and I see your ugly mug making some shit ass post about nothing. What the fucka re you doing? I thought we had a silent agreement in which I told you what to do and then I fucked off because my words were the only reasonable course of action anyone who makes the slightest pretense at being human would have agreed to. what the fuck do you want from me man? I fucking told you to fucking drop the name. I gave you explicit instructions of how to not fuck up but you went and did it anyway. I want to babysit you but I'm all out of training wheels. I seriously don't know what to do with your retarded ass.
I'm just gonna leave now.
Fucking ruined my morning.
cock sucking asshole.

Dude, Lelouch has been around for literally a decade. Where the fuck do you think you get the authority to tell him to fuck off?
Yes, he's retarded. That's why he's still here. That's why we all treat him like our retarded uncle who we keep locked in the basement.

Is this pasta?

>listening to an argentinian

taiga you are a cuck

I'm going to don my trip to put you in your place, little boy.

Where the fuck do you think you get the authority to tell my friend anonymously posting Taiga to lecture her about any form of authority? Especially as someone who's so new that he can't even recognize Taiga's posting style even when she posts anonymously? Lelouch hasn't been posting for a decade, he's been Lelouch for 6-7 years. If years on Sup Forums were dog years, we were double teaming your mum while you were pooping in your diapers and I swear to kami-sama if I see you young'uns walking around like you own the place I'm going to bring the paddle, you hear me? Not the paddle I make pizzas with, the paddle I use to destroy the butts of silly little boys like YOU.

Sit the F*CK back down young man, grownups are talking now.

Do I look like I give a shit about how long some cheesewipe spent on this glorified loo? Shit ass cunt you want to talk seniority I've been here longer than whatever crusty old dickcheese your mom managed to squeeze up your dad's dried up weiner to birth your retarded ass.
You want to talk respect you piece of shit then you're better off starting with me than with that mongoloid. Fucking alpha and omega and some times the beta if it need be of fucking Sup Forums and you want me to bend a knee for some B lister tripfag like Lelouch? I'm fucking Marlonbrandoning all over this shit and you want me to boot lick Bill Paxton? What you don't know who that is? Neither do I, but he fucking died the other day and there are good chances he was worth more than you and this shit tard tripfag lelouch.

>thread went from halfway decent to irredeemable garbage in 7 posts
The only thing that will never ever change with time, tripfags and their retarded circlejerks will always be pure cancer. Fuck your illusions of seniority, fuck how you ruin absolutely everything by dragging your autistic ranting and whining into innocent threads, fuck how you think Sup Forums is your blog and that the whole world revolves around you, fuck all of you and everything you've ever stood for. I hate you. I truly hate all of you. I would honestly rather the modern reddit-browsing Sup Forumsirgin newfaggot infestation keep me company over you lot in this living breathing hell from which I cannot wake and that's just about the lowest bar you can crawl under. I want you all to die so miserably I'm almost willing to beg for it. To beg you to hang yourselves in your basement. To discover you have stage three rectal cancer. To bury your head in a sandbox. I would wish that you all choked to death on nigger cock if it weren't the way you all dream of exiting this world. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you all so fucking much. I hate you.

I know you secretly love us, user.

We love you too.

Madoka Majika had a horrid English dub.

>You gutless wonder Jotaro, i have seen worms with more backbone than you.
>You got less spine than a spina bifida victim.
>Stupid faggot lil' cocksucker
My sides.

Also me irl.

The two bottom rows.

On the Allied Mastercomputer's very worst day it might be the only sentient being capable of understanding how much I hate you and your ilk. If there exists any concept of goodness or justice in this existence, to even the most pitiful and minute degree, you will die as soon as feasibly possible. I no longer care how, what goes through your heads in your final moments, how many mourn you or praise your passing with unabashed exaltation, I just want you to fucking die. For your legacy or lack thereof to come to a grinding and permanent halt, for the meme that is your entire existence to be wiped from the face of the earth, for you to fucking die and stay dead forever. Only then will I be able to claw my way back up to the eighth circle of this hell to which I'm bound.

People that were familiar with the show were furious, for understandable reasons. The people that didn't care were those who first found the show through the dub and thought that's just what it was like.

This happened with One Piece too. None of the kids that first heard of that when 4Kids' dub starter were raging over how bad it was, the complaints all came from existing fans

Dubs have razor thin profit margins, so they get cheap on the voices.

Gosh, your love is overwhelming.

We should talk in private.

>Don't know if the French dub of DB was actually good or not, forgive me if I'm wrong.

It was really fucking badly translated, but it was bad in the "retarded errors everywhere" sense rather than the "everything is really stupidly written" way the English one was. Better production values too.

>"Saiyan" was translated as "Space warrior" and "Super Saiyan" as "super warrior"

Death Note is one of those shows that an extreme amount of newfags had never heard of before it got dubbed. A lot of bad dubs are considered "fine" by people that got introduced to the show dubbed.

I hope anime becomes less mainstream so dubs die and we get less normalfags.

Holy fuck user I can't be grateful enough for posting this. This shit only gets better.

I use you got less spine than a spina bifida victim at least 4 times a week in my daily life

Dimaggio did a good job I think

Real answer: Hentai

Shows people care about: 4kids One Piece and Cardcaptors.