The Death Note requires you to write a person's name correctly, any spelling errors and it won't work...

The Death Note requires you to write a person's name correctly, any spelling errors and it won't work. To kill a Japanese person you write their name in Kanji, to kill an American you write their name in English. Does that mean that Light had to learn how to write in Arabic in order to kill Middle Eastern criminals? As well as all the other local writing systems throughout the world?

He used Wikipedia to find out how each name was spelled in their language

It's not obvious that "correct" excludes a romanised version of someone's name. You could just as well ask if he needs to know middle names, which would be much harder for him to discover.

Why not just indirectly kill people by making America and China throw nukes at empty regions to start wars?

He would still have to learn how to write in Arabic, even if he didn't learn the language itself.
For instance, here's Osama Bin Laden's name: أسامة بن محمد بن عوض بن لادن‎‎
Even though you have it right in front of you, you'd still have a hard time actually writing it down on paper since to you or to a Japanese High School student it just looks like scribbles.

What if someone legally changes their name? Which name would be the one to write? Birth one or current one?

What if a baby was born and never received a name? Are they immune to the Death Note?

Raito didn't want to indirectly kill people by making America and China throw nukes at empty regions to start wars.

No Deathnote user had any reason to do that unless they're a politician.

Birth one obviosuly

Was looking up the correct spelling of a name online part of his keikaku?

>To kill a Japanese person you write their name in Kanji
but he didn't do that in the anime. is this manga exclusive?

I'm pretty sure we only saw Japanese names written in Kanji, never in hiragana or katakana. Light even went out of his way to find out how Naomi Misora's name was written in Kanji.

Completely unrelated, but did you know that there's a certain group of people who don't use their "true name" in public and reserve its use only for private meeting at their place of worship?

He also wrote down multiple combinations for the biker.

hush, goy

Okay guys your question is bullshit anyway (yeah, it's not hard to literally copy some lines that you see written down).
But more importantly, what about middle names? In some countries (Japan, Germany) it's normal to have just one first name and a last name. But in America, virtually everyone has a middle name. Would the Death Note still work if i just write "Anna Smith" as opposed to "Anna Ann Smith"? I think in one episode, i saw him write Ray Penber, but Ray is American and should have a middle name so that made me think about it

also should he write the first and last name (عشيرة) and the father and the grandfather's names ? if he did it with their names wouldn't they die with him ?

Oy vey

what if someone doesn't have a name (spy)?

So print it out and trace?

You can learn how to write the Arabic abjad (alphabet) in like a week. The letters share many of the same patterns but differentiate using dots.

t. someone who can write and read Arabic letters

Did we ever see him kill any Arabs? We only ever saw the Death Note kill Americans and Japanese. Like 99% of the names written in the Death Note were in Japanese, which seems kind of disproportionate given crime rates.

Tell me right now who in either the US or China would be capable of launching nukes by themselves.

Hint: it's not the president.

The Death Note warps reality to make the outcome possible.

>lind l tailor

so that means that this entire show makes no sense?

If the President of the USA orders a nuke launch, it'll happen. It's why so many people are scared of Trump's cavalier attitude towards nukes.

No it doesn't

It's stated that the Death Note can't make impossible things happen or force people to do something they won't reasonabally do.

Can't use the Death Note to make someone kill others. In the manga, Mello (after acquiring the Death Note) threatened the president of the USA to make him use a nuclear bomb, unless he cooperates with him. Light then says that won't happen because of the rules, the president would just die of a heart attack instead.
The Shinigami is able to see "the name that is necessary to kill the human", whatever that means. I think it's implied that the name is the birth name, so changing your name won't work, e.g. if you marry and have your last name changed. Not having a name seems unlikely, people will always call you something, even if it's just a nickname.
You actually can't kill anyone under 3 years old, that's also one of the rules.
if something is impossible, the victim dies of a heart attack instead. but the victim will try really hard to make it happen. Light wrote that a japanese prisoner will die in Paris in 6 hours, and the prisoner went crazy trying to get out of the prison, and then died of a heart attack. So the president would try really hard to get the nukes launched somehow

Did you people even watch/read the series ? You have to visualize the person's face in your mind to kill them. Writing down "John Smith" doesn't instantly kill all John Smith on the planet.

Could he cause the president to drop a nuke on himself, indirectly killing others?

No.
>How to Use: XXVI
>2. Even though only one name is written in the Death Note, if it influences and causes other humans that are not written in it to die, the victim's cause of death will be a heart attack.

I'm Jewish and idk wtf you're talking about

Using it widespread is fucking ridiculous. It's better to use it to get really close to some rich old guy, have him basically "mentor" you in public and become his closest confident for up to 40 days and have him write in his will that you get all his inheritance. Then just have him have a heart attack while he's doing something active.

Not that Im saying he's right, but if he was, you WOULD say that wouldn't you

Or you know, you can make a rich guy throw a huge amount of money to a random place and have him die of cancer or some disease.
Rinse and repeat however times you want and you're rich.

And then what, you just hide all that cash in your closet? You couldn't buy any major things like cars or houses with straight up cash because the tax departments would find it really fucking suspicious and you'd probably get audited. You can't deposit it in a bank for the same reason. Not to mention that if you got broken into it'd all be gone.

Then we can break it down to all the other variables, like what if some stranger picked up the cash before you got to it? What if investigators were hired to see why all these rich people were draining their bank accounts before they mysteriously died, etc.

There are jews and then there are (((JEWS)))

Personally, i would go to a job interview at a big company, and write the interviewer's name, specifiying that they hire me and write up a contract that says to give me 100,000 a year fixed salary, and i can't be fired or forced to work overtime.

You can alsi write "user's friend bought the winning lottery ticket and gave it to user as a gift. Died in a traffic accident later."

"If a Death Note owner accidentally misspells a name four times, that person will be free from being killed by the Death Note. However, if they intentionally misspell the name four times, the Death Note owner will die."
"Shinigami who die are reduced to dust, and their remaining lifespan is given to the human they saved."
So how would you use the death note to become immortal, Sup Forums?

>decide to kill two person
>both are piloting an airplane
So do they not die? Would their time of death be changed in order to prevent other deaths? Or would the universe make it so non of the passengers die.

maybe the death note will get angry that you're trying to trick it and kill you instead

It probably starts spitting out null pointer exceptions or something.

You'd kill your friend for money?

You wouldn't?

>implying money can't get you more friends

Both pilots just have heart attacks. Yes, their death causes others to die, but according to that's not illegal

that is actually what might happen, since the rules are most probably decided by the shinigami king and what does he care about you dying

Death Note is overrated.

what if you're piloting an airplane WHILE you're writing the name of another airplane pilot?

They'd probably get a heart attack only after landing.

this is how blackholes are formed

no shit, dunce. that doesn't mean it's bad. though, it's quality did turn down when L died. Light should have officially won or at least lost to anybody who wasn't an L clone made to make light lose.

Are the live action movies actually any good? I watched up to episode 30 before I realized that the ending was probably going to be garbage and I heard that the live action movie actually ends better.

>write a Korean name that ends in Kim.
>half the population dies.

You have to picture the specific person's face when writing the name.
Seriously it really does feel like you faggots haven't even watched the show.

I read the manga and that's a lie, gtfo casualfag.

this is advanced shitposting

Could you force the person whose name you write to beat the ever loving crap out of someone as long as he doesn't kill him? Or maim him in a non-lethal way?
Or tie them up and lock them in a cellar with no means of escape? Or abandon them in the middle of a desert?

He's a top student in nippon, that's his excuse.

I-it was the japanese version! Believe me!

The better question is how could he see that tiny TV in his bag of Potato chips from the angle at which he was sitting? You'd think if it was visible to him, it would also be visible to one of the cameras in his room.

They all look the same user

Keit-Ai Death Note when?

Light Yagami falls in love with L Lawliet.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by the shinigami Ryuk with the boy's phone number. The Desu No. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the master detective, he only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the boy he called is not the same boy he fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is L's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of JUSTICE.

>President gets tipsy
>Orders nuclear launch
>World destroyed
Oh wait except this isn't the case because the government isn't retarded. You need the official go ahead of two people to fire the weapons and another two unofficially for the codes to usable.

Light would have know the names of all these people and their faces for this go off properly.

Did anyone else prefer reading the manga over watching the show?

I really like the art to it.