Is America such a great power because of its natural beauty?

I have received a pretty good book about long distance trekking in America. The pictures of the PCT, AT and CDT as well as the other trails described in there are just amazing.

I watched a few youtube videos from the trails and have to say, gosh, your country is amazingly beautiful and so large. It is ridiculous. I mean you can walk 3000 miles and still are in the same country. My country feels insignicant and tiny compared to it. Also, we have lots of people everywhere, even in the Alps there aren't really massive stretches of wilderness left - lots of skiing resorts are everywhere. But in America you walk through 10 times the area of my home country and still are in the same state.

Is this vastness and emptiness of the natural beauty of America what made it the super power that it is today?

Other urls found in this thread:

volcanoes.usgs.gov/observatories/yvo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kind of. The immense wealth of natural beauty and resources, as well as space to grow, is what led America to be great.
People severely underestimate the social benefit of being able to spread your population. It also helps to keep the government decentralized (not lately though), which helps stem corruption.

All in all, the abundance of natural resource and space combined with a refined European structure is what led America to be great. Hopefully we can salvage the ship before the greatness is a figment of the past.

The land itself makes you feel free,

America, as raped as it has been, is still a place of overwhelming physical beauty.

I hope you get to visit sometime and appreciate it for yourself.

Feel free to visit us anytime. Our parks in both in the east to the west are very nice.

Why did Indians live in huts and shit then? America is awesome because we're the cream if the crop. The very best humanity has to offer. No other nation will ever come close to our power levels. All you chinks, poos, europoors, ruskos, sandniggers, and beaners can't even relate. Aussies get a pass, were basically brotier. I omitted Canadians for obvious reasons.

It's still incredibly wild here. You can toss your backpack into your car, drive a few hours and be out in the wild. Nothing recharges you like some alone time out in the woods. America is good for individuals that requires such downtime. It is still quite wild in places, I'd still hike with a .44 S&W revolver. I'm in PNW, still have deers walking across my lawn, bunnies everywhere, two families of foxes and a bunch of raccoons. My friend out in the peninsula has to deal with black bears.

The size of the country also means that an eighteen year old with a car can get him/herself across the country and start fresh somewhere else. In many places, your word and handshake still carries weight.

Best part for me is all kinds of climate and environments, also keeping what you make/come up with on your own is a fundamental aspect.

>The land itself makes you feel free
Yes, I think that is it. I felt this just looking at footage from the trails.

DAS RITE

I used to be inspired and go trekking alot as a rugged individual in the harsh backcountry and cozy mountain towns.
Then I realized global warming + other industrialized militant nations was about to kill us all so I chose a less desolate location with at least some chance of survival.
No Red Dawn bs, here. LOL

>It's still incredibly wild here.
It really feels like it.

Only Russia and South America probably compares. But they have lots of unappealing wild too, but America has by majority absolutely stunning wild.

It's not that pretty anymore due to geoengineering.
Best thing that could happen is if Yellowstone popped.
I'm dead serious.

Sorry mutt, but you are not even 3.world, compared to some european countrys.

>butthurt mutt
>mutt memes

I'm concerned about the consequences of this. Are Americans going to become the next India and just leave for several months until the scent of poo/genocide is carried away on the winds?

Seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time with clouds in the sky during sunset is a goddamn religious experience.

NH here, I've noticed we get a TON of german tourists. More germans than any other group. At least they seem to appreciate the scenery.

>Additionally, the figures from 2012 show that 34.7% of the permanent resident population aged 15 or over in Switzerland (around 2.33 million), had an immigrant background.

Those were probably chemtrails.
I know you were taught they are (((clouds))) in school, kiddo, but that's wrong.
You're dead wrong.
I'm the biggest environmentalist ITT.

If you come visit, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon and Mount Rainier are all beautiful. I live near Mt. Rainier and go there every once in a while. Also a drive out to the coast to just sit under the stars on the beach is pretty awesome.

There's a program that allows foreigners to come and work in our national parks, might try to look into that.

Somewhat. It was having more cheap land than we knew what to do with, combined with an almost implausably convenient isolation from European conflicts during the whole of Industrialization that allowed unfettered growth after our civil war.

Emersonian Transcendentalism is still America’s great contribution to the world. It’s also a made-to-measure guide to appreciating your country’s sublime natural beauty.

The future is food forests but I'm too lazy for that T B H. Gotta detox these N A N O PARTICLES.

Had two most memorable meals ever. First was Grand Canyon at sunrise with pop tarts and Dr. Pepper. Second was takeout egg foo yung and Mountain Dew in Arches National Park.

Thay graph is the terribly misinformed, the graph wouldn't look like that as any magma to be erupted wpould all be contained within yellow stone. The ash would reach newyork but would only be deadly within the first hours of the eruption and within yellow stone aswell. It is nowhere close to eruption even though the erruption point is "past due" it isnt put of the norm.
volcanoes.usgs.gov/observatories/yvo/

>NH here, I've noticed we get a TON of german tourists. More germans than any other group. At least they seem to appreciate the scenery.
Isn't your state like 99% white and 0% Muslim? I think the German middle class appreciates this very much. NH seems to be a safe state to stay for holidays, especially with kids.

Come to Texas. We have hills, rivers, beaches, big cities, small towns, farms everything.

California is unironically better for its scenery including those things you listed.
I mean we got a rain forest too.

Have you no understanding of history? Its purely due to ww2 that europe was in shambles allowing usa manufacturing to thrive and supply europe rebuild themselves almost allowing power to rransfee to that part od the world
Of course theycouldnt have done that without their immense natural resource