The great debate

The great debate
strawpoll.me/12510982

The girls in PW are like a million times hotter than the entire Dragon Maid cast.

the one of the right doesnt even have a story

It clearly does

I liked Phantom World, but this isn't even a contest.

Phantom World is irredeemable shit, so Maid Dragon wins by default

phantom world is absolute trash

any votes for it are trolls or retards

Literally the only good thing about phantom world was Ruru. It was a piece of shit overall, though.

The only good thing about Phantom Worlds is visuals. At least Maid Dragon has a comfy SoL atmosphere

>Phantom Worls was bad
When will this shitty meme end?

Its not a meme. You just have terrible taste.

Why the fuck would anyone choose Phantom World? Leaving the shitty plot and characterization aside, the girls are no where near as cute.

Maid Dragon is on the same level as Phantom World, but Hipsters defend it because it's airing rn. Make this thread in a year OP and it'll be roughly even, because both are trash.

both are shit desu

I would say Maid Dragon is better but Lucoa and Shouta exist so I really don't know what to pick

Says the guy typing like he's texting someone. Fuck off.

>no new IP

Maid dragon is by Cool kyou so it has that advantage, I don't think it will be seen as bad in the future.
Phantom world on the other hand has nothing.

Mayonnaise-sama and Reina can't hold a candle to Lucoa

>Says the guy typing like he's texting someone
>a written post looks like it was written
Autism

Yep, I feel kinda bad because we're always complaining that all Kyoani does is anime with cute girls doing cute things. So when they do something different (even if it's haremshit) it makes me want to support it, but I just can't. Musaigen is just mediocre, and they perfected the moe SOL.

>hey guys look at me! I'm so edgy and above it all.
If you can't something nice, then suck my cock nigger. How about you

Not all forms of writing are equal. Maybe you're too underage to understand.

Take your own advise.

Being by Cool is a handicap though.

Meme Dragon

shut up

How?
The man is a genius.

I don't think so. People have been (unjustly) shitting on Phantom World since episode 1 or 2, while Maid Dragon's reception was much more positive.

I find his art simply revulsing, and there's nothing special about his writing.

>unjustly

Phantom what? Anyway
>90% dragons

PW win, because hippy said so. Anything that win in a poll are shit. Here some example god tier anime like PW:
>Hyouge Mono
>Tatami Galazy

Or you're just retarded, because "typing like he's texting someone" means nothing here.

Kill yourself.

Phantom World has pretty girls but it's just dumb chuuni harem bullshit. Maid Dragon is actually funny and can even tuck your heartstrings from time to time, I also like the way they visualize certain scenes.

An assload of people shitted on Maid Dragon Episode 1 though when it came out.

>"typing like he's texting someone" means nothing here.
Spot the newfag. Kill yourself back to Sup Forums kid.

>unjustly

Phantom world. But only because of ruru.

reina and kurumi are worst girls

>says something that makes no sense
>y-youre just new
Pathetic.

>Sup Forums
stop projecting

People unironically like Phantom World?

Are you going to whip out some smileys next? Just go back to wherever you came from.

Stop trying to fit in, it makes you look like a manchild.

Yet you look like a literal child.

People voting for PW only hate it less than DM.

It had Mai, who is KyoAni's best girl and one of the best anime girls in general.

>no u
Cry more.

How is it "no u" when I called you something different? Thanks for affirming your underage status I guess. Better luck hiding it next time kid.

>you're x
>n-no you're Y!!
I said cry more.

Left: Dropped.
Right: Not dropped.

Bullshit.

It introduces a new theme every episode, and the phantoms are actually relevant and interesting instead of just being copypaste villains; and every time the protagonists have to figure out a new way to deal with them instead of mindless fighting.
That already makes it better than the average action/school setting.

People complaining this hard about PW are just fanboys mad that Kyoani made something different for once, instead of the xteenth SOL.
Teel me one(1) concrete thing that is wrong with Phantom World.

>doubling down on being wrong
ok kid

>misunderstanding "no u"
Degenerate

Delusion.

see

>Characters being hot is what makes a series good.

KyoAni hasn't made a good anime since Hyouka.

Watch more than 5 anime before posting.

>being gay
interesting

I don't want to gang up on you or anything, buddy, but from what you said, it just sounds like a typical monster of the week sort of deal. The series itself wasn't very memorable either.

>Teel me one(1) concrete thing that is wrong with Phantom World.

well i dont dislike the show, but

theres a lot of fights and there are pointless fights. they are pointless because it never feels for a second like the characters are actually threatened or might lose. which is how you define a pointless fight - it cant engage you emotionally. and many episodes are built on the characters facing these trivial challenges.

Not as much as they did with Phantom World, which never had the support Maid Dragon has now anyway.
Yes, unjustly. It's not half as bad as people make it out to be, and it pretty much redeems itself in the last few episodes.

It was established early that Phantoms don't usually harm people and mostly cause trouble.

Correct.

ok sure but theres no reason to create conflicts that dont feel like conflicts, they are just dead air time. its not unlike what goes on in a lot of superhero movies lately. directors lose sight of why you have battles to begin with. its not just to make the characters look cool. that doesnt work on most of your audience that isnt 12.

Put some effort into your bait next time

The earlier interviews state PW is meant to be a silly comedy anime. Taking it seriously is watching it with the wrong mindset.

You can enjoy the action scenes while knowing the good guys aren't actually threatened, and more generally you can enjoy something even if the resolution of the conflict is predictable. Otherwise nobody would read battle manga. It's about the journey dude, not the destination.

so whats the plot been so far senpai?

Personally I'm pretty jaded with action stuffs, unless it's absolutely bonkers or if there's any real consequences to be had.

Maidragon easily
Even as a silly comedy show, Phantom World was goddamn boring, the whole cast was extremely bland except Ruru. Enigma best girl

Neither is the one in the left.

good taste

DAMN
People really don't like Phantom World.

Both are shit.

>Maid dragon is by Cool kyou
woah, hadn't noticed

>Hipsters defend it because it's airing rn
Except that this didn't happen when PW aired at all.

what debate? Phantom World is shit. The anime barely made a dent into the LNs. Maid Dragon wins.