twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Where is Lola right now?
Water 7
>When will the Strawhats reach Elbaf?
May 2019

Water 7

>May 2019
We won't even have entered the final battle at Wano by that point

More Caesar and more Bege and I'll be happy.

ODA, WHERE'S MY NIGGA ZORO?

>tfw you're hyped for Elbaf more than Wano

>Watching the anime scene when the Strawhat grand fleet is formed on youtube
>Everyone is having tons of fun drinking chatting and eating
>Bellamy is alone in a corner of the room with a litte glass of drum smiling wryly all by himself

>he thinks we'll even reach Wano by the end of the year

>When will the Strawhats reach Elbaf?
Assuming its the arc right after Wano, which may or may not be the case, probably 2019.

I don't expect Wano to be 100 chapters like Dressrosa was, because unlike Dressrosa practically all its major players are already introduced. Dressrosa was a slog because it was simultaneously introducing Law's backstory, the King Riku subplot, the formation of the Grand Fleet, Sabo and Fujitora ending the Warlord program all at once. I can't see it being longer than a year and a half, and it's likely starting by the Fall.

I'm pretty sure we'll get a breather arc and some setup between it and Elbaf though, so in actuality Elbaf's probably happening closer to 2020.

>he wishes he was drinking and hanging out with Doffy by his side
bellamy needs a hug

>I don't expect Wano to be 100 chapters like Dressrosa was

That's very optimistic.

Dressrosa was the exception to the norm, not the standard.

The second longest arc after it was Skypeia, which was only 66 chapters compared to Dressrosa's 102. That's closer to what I'm expecting for Wano, since so much of the setup is already done.

Chiffoin a cute
I hope she has a happy life with her son and husband

user Wano will be 80 chapters minimum.

The amount of cluster fucked characters we have there already is insane.

Samurai
Wano Citizens
Shogun
Beast Pirates
Heart Pirates
Strawhats
Minks
Marco and Whitebeard Pirates
Kidd's Crew
Apoo
Hawkins

All of them will get the spotlight at some point.

Wano will be a shit arc like Marineford, too many characters, not enough screen time. Fights will be brief and shitty "clashes" because it's a war arc and not enough time to flesh out fights into any depth.

And Marineford was only 30 chapters.

But you need to consider Marineford was mostly a battle more than a story arc.

Oda needs to flash our many of the characters on the list I just mentioned. Kidd and Kaido especially.

Is this the saddest moment in One Piece?

>He thinks Kaido arc is going down at Wano
Kaido fight is going down back at Zuneisha fool.

no

>source
>my ass

No but Brook is one of the best characters in the entire series.
Its honestly criminal how little non-comedic relief time he gets.

Dereshishi is the saddest.

Followed by pic related's

Then Brook's

Why did they die again? I don't remember them having a battle, and the my didn't die of old age.

Someone please refresh my memory.

But they did have a battle against a crew that apparently had poisoned weapons or some shit.
They lost.

They had a battle with some dirty fighters who used poisoned arrows.
They decided to go out smiling.

I think he will kill Zunisha

They didn't lose, they got a Pyrrhic victory. Fought down the other guys, but the shitheels poisoned their weps and I think maybe killed the doctor or something? So everyone on the ship was hosed.

Or Zunisha will kill him. At the Command of Momonoske so Momo can be the one to get his revenge.

Will Oda ever do anything sadder than Robin's back story? Sanji's was horrific, but it may not even be top 3.

He's gotten more than Chopper and Franky

No One Piece episode today?

I didn't care for Robin's backstory to be honest. Between Saul dying, Clover dying, her mom, the evil step mother and the genocide it felt like it was trying very hard to one-up the ones that came before it.

It does a good job contextualizing why Robin ended up where she was as a character pre-Enies Lobby but it doesn't come close to Nami, Chopper, Brook or Norland's flashbacks.

ThisThe doctor got killed and they were all poisoned.

I used to think they were annoying but reading it again every time Brook breaks off onto a dumb random tangent it just makes me think that he's gone a little cuckoo from the 50 years he spent on that boat. After everything he's went through Brook could really use a therapist, I'm surprised he never considered trying to just end it all by jumping into the sea. Though maybe that wouldn't be able to stop him.

>Be an unhappy child with a dream
>Mentor/friend dies
>Mother dies
>work harder to achieve the dream
>Join Luffy
most of Odas back stories use the same formula

you better slow down that reading before you crash
Brook himself said at the end of Thriller Bark that listening to his crews final recording barely kept him sane, and he stayed alive Yohoho to finish the promises he had with Laboon and his dead friends

A Carrot a day keeps SaNa posters away

>Luffy awakening his DF, possible 1v1 attempt/fight against kaido
>Zoro training with samurai, possibly 1v1ning the shogun
>Nami & Robin in traditional clothing

>still being more hyped for Elbaf
You should go see a doctor

2 Carrots a day Btfo Monet

3 Carrots in the thread and Jinbe is dead

Do you love next nakama?

Death to all carrot lovers

You forgot Drake.

4 Carrot posts they leave Clown on a coast

Yes, but I don't see how your pic is related

He still spent 50 years with no sign of help on a ship full of his comrades bodies with just a single recording and a promise to a whale he didn't even know would still be alive, let alone waiting for him. Brook states that he had even lost hope. Some slightly off social interactions just seem like a natural consequence of all that isolation.

5 carrots submitted
caesar clown will be acquitted and join with pedro and carrot

Two Caesar posts they make a Carrot roast

Wrong pic, my apologies. Can't wait to see what GG's crew role will be

Year of Jinbe's death

One Inurashi-sama Carrot will be Nakama

kek

Only Vegapunk can awaken a fruit.

No

Why would he do it for Doflamingo

Daily reminder that Caesar cucks and Carrot shitters are eternally BTFO.

Because until recently he was a Shichibukai.

Did Oda post this or something?

That chapter was so much fun, filled with the kinds of moments that makes the series so special

I think you're applying your own bias in determining Robin's backstory is trying to "one up" the preceding ones. I could say the same about every one after the first and I'd be dumb.

Oda said he multiple members are joining and one was a former foe
All 3 are joining.

>one was a former foe
The statement was pre-Impel Down, and it's generally considered to be about Luffy allying with Crocodile and/or the rest. And even if it somehow wasn't, it would be pretty weird to talk about a 'former foe' in context of a character not yet introduced for 3 years.

Also, the argumentation for there being 11 SHs at the end is pretty good. And even this is overkill, adding more wouldn't benefit the manga.

I don't think you realize how pathetic you sound, but by all means keep grasping for straws, it's way too entertaining.

Please not Jinbe Oda. Anyone else. He is not funny or entertaining and doesn't have any gimmicks or anything for ship shenanigans.
He is boring. If he joins the crew he will just sit there like an occasionally say something really serious.

Show me one time Jinbe wasn't serious as fuck about everything.

>Jinbe fag trying desperately to troll because he is buttmad for being marginalized in the threads
Even if Jinbe is the only one to join he is the worst by far. You probably just like him because you are fat so you self identify.

>Episode 780 was postponed until March 19 2017 by Japan TV.
well fuck, I was actually looking forward to the filler episode.

youtu.be/U86HXsYVkgE

>2007
Please not Brooke Oda. Anyone else. He is not funny or entertaining and doesn't have any gimmicks or anything for ship shenanigans.
>2006
Please not Franky Oda. Anyone else. He is not funny or entertaining and doesn't have any gimmicks or anything for ship shenanigans.

This happens every time someone joins and then you'll get used to them and wonder why didn't they join earlier.

I dont think anyone ever said Brook and Franky had no potential for shenanigans. Brook was making Oh but I don't have eyes jokes and asking for panties right away.

And Franky was always
>SUUUUUPER
But at least Paulie had a gambling problem. Jinbe has no character besides. I'm a fish and shit is serious around here

To be fair Jinbe is always around when times are very pressing. I be if he was to join Oda would let him lighten up.

>I dont think anyone ever said Brook and Franky had no potential for shenanigans
You obviously weren't here back then. People were against them joining for several reasons...all of them just as stupid as the reasons people don't want Jinbei to join

>Too over the top
>Not enough chemistry
>One-note gag characters
And worst of all
>They weren't female

Though people were more excepting of Franky given Water 7/ Enbies Lobby pretty much kept pushing him as the next member with all the damn hints throughout the arc but people were saying he would play dual roles as the shipwright and Luffy's long sought after musician and then Brooke came out of nowhere and claimed the role.

>MUH SHENANIGANS

Why people think a character needs to be goofy for there to be shenanigans when Oda has shown he doesn't give a shit and we have the cast break character for a gag once in a while?

I didn't know that happened

That ship sailed a long, long time ago and there was no catching up. 4kids buried any hope for a serious, ongoing English adaption that would become popular and air consistently. The sheer scale and length of the series and the immense effort and cost to provide a cast for all the characters and keep with it is an incredible task.

Just getting the series back on air at a point hundreds of episodes in was asking for trouble. They'd have to start from the beginning to foster a brand new fanbase but it would take years and years to even get to the timeskip while maintaining ratings.

For native English speakers, following it of your own accord, with subtitles if you watch the anime and the manga, is how you keep up with the series consistently.

For Brook ok but thats just because he popped out of nowhere and was on the crew immediately. It felt sudden. And the fact that he is a skeleton honestly took some getting used too.

Franky oozes character and even as a villain he was likeable. People not wanting him to join were primarily Pauliefags who is another man.

We have Zoro for that.
I guess I could see Jinbe just sitting there next to Zoro and Robin all quiet well everyone else fucks around

Part of his potential appeal (he hasn't been explored that much) is his seriousness being applied to situations that really don't warrant it, like when he tried to think of a name for the operation to rescue Neptune.

A lot of the Straw Hats required further exploration and refining of their characters to actually become truly appealing, and much of that happens after their initial recruitment arcs.

>Franky oozes character and even as a villain he was likeable.
Yet only has chemistry with Ussop and Robin. If that's actually one thing I don't like about the expansion of the members is that the crew feel less like an ensemble now compared to the original five. Chopper and Robin were fine because they had two arcs to settle in to the crew to interact but Brooke and Franky never got the same breathing room since they were instantly separated in the arc following Brooke's introduction.

>Zoro

That guy is always goofy even more so now that he's taken his role as firstmate seriously and has made everything a competition

Franky is 36. He is much older than the rest of the crew besides Robin. And Usopp he took under his wing at Water 7 so he is Usopps aniki.
Besides that he is way older than the other members so it makes sense if he doesn't have much interaction with the others.
Besides Luffy. He trusted his dream of taking the Sunny around the sea to Luffy and has great respect for him despite him being much younger.

Jinbei is a leader, a captain, not a crewmate. He'll join the Strawhat Grand Fleet with a bunch of well-fuckable fishmen.

That's why Gastino can't join either despite all the other signs being there, he's clearly not the kind of guy to take orders from a little boy.

Think about it though. All the speeches Jinbe gave to Luffy throughout Impel Down/ 3D2Y. Those were Zoro speeches. He was literally a placeholder for Zoro that entire time think about it.

>Franky oozes character and even as a villain he was likeable
Oh yeah Franky was a villain, hard to believe too.
At least Franky has something, Brooke doesn't have anyone to get chummy chummy on the crew.

This falls apart on two different points.

1) Zoro has constantly been commented on by others to basically be exactly what you describe, yet he is, if such a thing can be determined, probably the most loyal of all of Luffy's crew.

2) Jinbe will follow a man if he respects him enough. Remember, he was not the original captain of the Sun Pirates, but instead was a crew mate to Tiger Fisher.

1) Zoro aimlessly wandered around fighting random pirates, how is he a leader of any kind?
2) Everyone was a crew member once, even Shanks. Things change.

Luffy - Ussop and Chopper
Zoro - No one
Nami - Robin and Ussop
Ussop - Luffy, Chopper, Franky
Sanji - No one
Chopper - Ussop and Luffy
Robin - Nami and Franky
Franky - Ussop and Robin
Brooke - No one

>all these fatassfish lovers
The true nakama is right here. Get over it.

They were talking about Zoro's bounty being as high as a captains bounty. None of those people even knew Zoro beyond his wanted poster.

Plus, if you think about it, he was into his 30s when he 'died' so that would make him at least 80, of course he's going to be a socially inept, crazy and lewd grandpa cracking stupid jokes but I believe that his age give him a lot of depth considering that old people instead of looking fowards they are stuck with regrets and memories from their pasts...
That's why it is so important for Brook to meet Laboon again, to fulfill a promise he made 50 years ago, that's what kept him alive.

>Zoro has constantly been commented on by others to basically be exactly what you describe
Zoro never really does anything with that since him and Luffy are always on the same wavelength and only occasionally will he speak out to remind people of their roles and the only time he's taken a leadership position was when he faced Kuma while everyone was incapacitated.

No, they say he is like a wild beast and find it hard to believe someone like that could follow someone else.

1) He has the presence to make people follow him, leading to people initially thinking that he as the captain of the crew.

2) Yes, but in Jinbe's case we have no evidence of him not being willing to be a crew member again (something he himself seemed to want) while we do have evidence that he can and has been a crew member under a captain before.

I don't even like her sexually. She's just as cheerful as pre-TS Luffy was which would provide some variety to the screaming and crying from most of the SHs.

No matter how weird it may sound, I'm pretty sad about how overused Enelface become after the timeskip. It was one of the most iconic gag scenes in the manga, and replicating it (with basically the same context) with Perona was just glorious. And now it's basically Oda's generic "super-shocked" expression. And because of it, it just stopped being funny.

>Expressions
>"Enel-face"

Not everything is a meme. Wapol had a funny expression before even Enel.

It was best when it was used as.
>MY UNSTOPPABLE ABILITY HAD NO EFFECT!!
Enel v Luffy
Perona v Usopp
Mihawk v Buggy
Jinbe literally killed the gag right there. Jinbe is the hacky post timeskip parts of One Piece incarnate.

>Jinbe literally killed the gag right there. Jinbe is the hacky post timeskip parts of One Piece incarnate.

This is getting ridiculous.

>Perona v Usopp
>Mihawk v Buggy

>1) Zoro aimlessly wandered around fighting random pirates, how is he a leader of any kind?
Many characters including supernovas were surprised that he followed orders, Bonnie, Killer, Kidd, Law, Capone and Hawkins mentioned it in Sabaody.
Do you think a man like Zoro couldn't lead? He's a vicecaptain for a reason.
>2) Everyone was a crew member once, even Shanks. Things change.
While I agree that many captains were subordinates before, Jinbe has displayed a huge sense of honor and respect towards people he deems worthy and he specifically stated several times how he believes in Luffy becoming the Pirate King.

I'm not even sure if you're just being contrarian for fun or a dumb speed reader

People make funny faces in One Piece. That's a fact. But this one was unique enough to be widely recognized as a callback during Perona fight. Anyway, it's not really worth discussing.

Now man, you're overdoing it. Jinbe is awesome. Bear that in mind.

>Perona v Usopp
It's literally what happened.

Zoro was dead meat. Finished by Helmeppo in the East Blue.
He was forced to swear an oath to Luffy in exchange for his swords. He is first mate because he is a founding member of the crew. Everyone after him was recruited by him and Luffy together.

its a bad idea to follow zoro m8, will def get lost