Does KyoAni have anything to offer besides cute/fuckable girls and pretty looking frames?

Does KyoAni have anything to offer besides cute/fuckable girls and pretty looking frames?

Other urls found in this thread:

u.pomf.is/llmyot.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what else could you want?

No they don't and Kyoanifags still defend this

Animation that is fun to watch, interesting themes, strong characterization, exciting action, cool character design, inventive worldbuilding, compelling storytelling.

Did you enjoy Kyoukai no Kanata?

Does OP have anything to offer besides outdated picture and memes?

You could ask the same thing about anime in general

In the sense that whatever you feel is the answer regarding Kyoani, will be the same for every studio

Why would you look for action in a kyoani work when it's obvious they mainly do slice of life.

That's what I'm asking. Are they capable of doing anything else?

I cant name any other studio that uses like 4 faces for every character they have

They made Munto which has action.

Other studios outsource designs to freelancers so the sameface is not as noticeable, but individual designers also have issues with sameface. Watanabe for example has literally only 3 types of face designs.

>fun to watch, interesting themes
highly subjective
>strong characterization
thats actually one of the things sol anime really cares about and almost all successful ones are pretty good at.
>exciting action
wont be found in kyoanis work but is also not necessary for every format
>cool character design
well they dont look 'cool' like in having exotic sunglasses and long capes but the character design is actually really solid. for example just compare how unique the k-on cast looks compared to the standard anime character
>inventive worldbuilding
cant be expected from sol by definition
>compelling storytelling
well you could have said that they lack original stories, yes, but not compelling?

i get the impression that you are just throwing buzzwords around and have in fact little to no clue about the matter. and im not even an kyoani fan

Wow so unique

When any other studio adapts unique designs by different authors properly, Kyoani shoehorns them into their "iconic" style and calls it a day.

Shaft is the only one that's consistently inconsistent here

>I don't like KyoAni so I watch all of their shows, collect hundreds of images of their work, and repeatedly post about them on an anime imageboard
You see how this might be counterproductive, yes?

Well none of those are original designs nor made by shaft staff so giving them credit for that seems inappropriate

>inventive worldbuilding, compelling storytelling.
They're an animation studio. If the world-building in K-ON wasn't inventive enough for you, guess what, it wasn't because of KyoAni.

Actually more than half the entire series was anime original.

And? It's still not their story.

Keion is a 4koma. There really isn't much worldbuilding or characterization in the manga, most of it comes from the anime

>K-ON
>worldbuilding
Yeah, truly fantastic setting with a lot of nuances we have here. I think we need K-ON fluff bible now to understand it better.

PA Works?

--> sorry but they are at least somewhat individual

Not really. Uchouten is their only unique show.

Uchoten: Kumeta Koji
NagiAsu: Buriki
Shirobako: Ponkan8

At least they're finally making their eyes smaller, Nagi no Asukara was disgusting

>there are more faces made in a single episode of Konosuba than KyoAni has made in their entire history

Not only does DEEN changes character design styles between shows, they have multiple sets of character designs in one episode!

Truly the innovation we need!

Exactly what? Pardon my autism, but I don't see what's wrong with that image?

World building doesn't only apply to fantasy anime. The way it is present in Keion is with things like all the background characters having their own design and even names, how the MCs casually interact with the environment or the attention to detail put into the backgrounds makes the world feel alive.

u.pomf.is/llmyot.webm

This. Tamako Market has good worldbuilding too.

But >muh expressiveness!

KyoAni are exceptional at animating movements. In every single anime they made you had occasionally scenes like pic related where there's a short and difficult to animate movement that looks very natural.

Who animated that scene?

This is another example. Most people simply ignore that kind of stuff which is really a shame. In most anime actual animation is limited to very simple movements and doesn't go beyond walking, running and eating with chop sticks. More complex movements look very unnatural and clunky. On top of the obvious movements like pic related or the one with Touka KyoAni adds a lot of little subtle movements that most people don't even notice. Like in Hibike there was a scene with Reina in Kumiko's room, when she hands her a pudding you see for a split second a close up of Reina's hand and how her hand and her fingers are influenced by the pudding's weight. This is a rather complex animation since all the joints need to be accounted for and I guess barely anyone noticed that but that's the level of dedication and effort KyoAni puts into their work. If you can't appreciate that I wonder if anime is even the right medium for you.

It doesn't matter. It's not an actual action show to pay so much attenation to animation and movements. It adds nothing to the show and deserves to be called forced animation.

Yamada in particular amazing at making her characters feel fluid in personality. They always have a sense of unpredictability yet not acting totally out of character.
A scene that pops into my mind is in Tamako Market. Tamako is a pure fucking angel, yet that one time Tamako's idea for the market is thrown out by her dad, she straight up calls him a baldy in anger. The context of her really caring about the market and being really close to her dad makes the scene both surprising and believable.

Kyoani in general is great at having the characters express what they feel indirectly realistically, like Haruhi putting her hair up in a ponytail when her and Kyon are fighting, or stopping herself from putting Asahina's hair into a ponytail in the baseball episode.

Do you have a webm of the pudding scene?

That looks rotoscoped.

Kyoani make Sento.

Maybe KyoAni is just shit at designing girls. If you look at the guys in Free!, they all have different faces.

I dont want to say that you are gay but you really are.

>It adds nothing to the show and deserves to be called forced animation
See
>If you can't appreciate that I wonder if anime is even the right medium for you.

I don't see how animating something doesn't add anything to anime. Even if it serves ultimately no other purpose than the animation itself, so what? Next thing you want to tell me that music without context is "forced sound" and worthless because it has to serve a particular purpose like setting the mood as BGM? People also draw painting for the sole purpose of the painting itself so why is it bad in the context of anime, I don't follow this logic at all.

>Do you have a webm of the pudding scene?

No, as I said almost nobody cares about that. I've seen one user point the scene out when that particular episode aired and checked it myself.

Free's designs are terrible.

>No, as I said almost nobody cares about that.
See? Because it doesn't really matters. People like you make me sick. "Good animation by itself makes it better than other anime" logic is weird.

kyoani is wasted talent: the studio

>wasted
Nah.

This.

It never ceases to amaze me how much skill and competence some animators have when most of their fanbase is too retarded to appreciate their work.

Calm your kyoaniboner.
It's just an animated picture of a girl climbing into bed and nothing fucking more. Why the hell should I care about how fluid animation is or something or even praise anyone for it? Why do you guys treat things like this as though its goddamn second coming of Christ?

>People like you make me sick.
Likewise.
Most people also don't care about classical music, science etc. but a small minority does and thank god for that, otherwise our world today would be quite different. By your logic we should scrap all that simply because the masses don't care, right? Why is it such a problem for if there are some people that care and enjoy something?
>Good animation by itself makes it better than other anime
Yes it does, animation quality isn't the only aspect that determines the overall quality but a major one. If there's one thing KyoAni is known for it's turning utter shit as source material into something at least half way decent.

This. It's not an action scene for christ's sake. It doesn't hold my attention.

Why not just have one frame with her outside the bed and one frame with her in it then? What's the point in putting effort into animating anything at all? Why not just have every show look like Inferno Cop or Ninja Slayer since it's enough to get the point across? Why put effort into animation in animation?

>It adds nothing to the show
But it does you retard. Paying attention to fine details in movement and expressions breathes life into the character. You're no longer looking at a drawing with mouthflaps but rather an illusion of life. That's the goal of good character animation. Just like how acting is important in live-action, character animation is what brings a character to life(combined with voice acting of course).

>It's just an animated picture of a girl climbing into bed and nothing fucking more.
And it's extremely well done.
>Why the hell should I care about how fluid animation is or something or even praise anyone for it?
Because animation is a major part of anime, hence the name?
>Why do you guys treat things like this as though its goddamn second coming of Christ?
Nobody does that, we simply point something out we like and for some reason some people take offense to that and start throwing insults because god forbid someone likes something you don't like.

As I said before, animation doesn't mean you need to overanimate every damn thing. If you can raise your hand to took a glass of water from the shelf, please do it - you don't need to do triple roll over the head with camera overflying around three times. It's not how it works. Overanimating every scene to death doesn't make it look good - it makes it look stupid especially in shows about everyday life like Nichijou.

Character animation is the hardest type of animation to pull off because a little mistake can make mundane movements that we take for granted in real life to look unnatural. That's why the greatest animators, be it in the west or Japan, are known for their character animation.

Kadowaki is missing from the list

It's an old list. Horiguchi isn't even working at KyoAni any more.

How the fuck is that scene overanimated? If there were any less animation in that scene it wouldn't get the action across. You need that level of animation to show how cautious she's being with her movements in order to not wake the cat up. If you just lazily animate her into the bed the entire mood of the scene is completely lost, as is all relatability from the audience. That's the entire reason that scene is entertaining, because it makes the audience think "Oh yeah, I've moved slowly and deliberately to get into bed before and not wake the cat, it's so funny how humans will walk on eggshells for their pets". If you don't understand why such animation was needed to effectively pull that off I think you might actually be autistic.

Also Nichijou's entire point is exaggerating every day situations into things that are completely absurd, no fucking shit its animation exagerrates everything.

KyoAni works are far form overanimated though so it's like you're bitching about a problem that doesn't exist.They pay attention to subtle details but it is purposeful. If you want to talk overanimation, try this one instead.

>no more Kyoani Horiguchi

Man, Nishiya really dropped the ball with Free.

>If you can raise your hand to took a glass of water from the shelf, please do it - you don't need to do triple roll over the head with camera overflying around three times.
That's not what KyoAni does, see the gif with the sleeping cat or the one with Touka or the pudding example. Those are very simple things but done with a lot of attention to details and that's the whole point of KyoAni's work. It's not the over-the-top ridiculously exaggerated animations but rather simple things with attention to detail (like how the characters in Hibike play with proper fingerings).
>it makes it look stupid especially in shows about everyday life like Nichijou
Have you read the manga? Nichijou is not that ordinary despite its name. The mere fact that one of the main characters is a robot proves that.

KyoAni shows are the anime equivalent of a tech demo.
They look pretty cool but are devoid of any semblance of soul and at the end are nothing but a forgettable wank.

That's pretty much the opposite of true, you will only find soul in a GodAni anime these days.

>or the one with Touka or the pudding example.
This is the perfect example of what I am talking about, thanks for proving my words.
People usually jump over the head too while coming out under the bed, it's pretty common, right?

That's part of her character's quirk you dunce.

>finding substance on LN and yonkoma adaptations

nope

Take something mudane and expand it into INSANITY.
And yes, this is Nichijou.

>cool but forgettable
If there's something that KyoAni did and it was forgettable it's because of the source material, there are limitations to how much you can actually polish shit. If the source material allows it (and that's the case for Nichijou) it won't be forgotten so easily. Nichijou may not be super popular with everyone but it has its devout circle of fans. And they most certainly appreciate scenes like the one with the sleeping cat.

Can't remember this in the novel. Guess why?
Because it's just typical Kyoani autofellation.

How many Kyoani fans have read the untranslated Kyoani novels?

>Guess why?
Because you didn't read it. She's an original character.

>action is the only legitimate genre
Kill yourself

Absolutely not. It's the most shallow studio in professional anime.

so what's the deepest one?

>kyoani makes a show of some unknown picture book
>suddenly Sup Forums is full of hardcore fans of that unknown picture book
Every single time.

KyoAni

It has to be Shaft, right?

DEEN

Yes, totally what they did with Maidragon manga from some obscure author. No one knows it and no one will notice all animeoriginal and totally necessary scenes with fighting and sakuga.

>People usually jump over the head too while coming out under the bed, it's pretty common, right?
That's part of her character, she poses a contrast to Rikka in terms of personality and this includes, of course, Rikka's clumsiness and Touka's agility. Also, it adds a comedic effect to the scene. You may not like the Touka shenanigans and that's OK but many enjoy them and I personally like her the most out of the entire cast because of those small acrobatic scenes.
>Can't remember this in the novel.
See >If there's something that KyoAni did and it was forgettable it's because of the source material

The novel isn't just that good, most light novels are utter shit and you know that. Here I'd say it's one of those cases where KyoAni managed to get something enjoyable out of a mediocre original.

It has pretty much never been mentioned on Sup Forums before kyoani picked it up, no. You're really going to run with this?

The fight scenes are in the manga. COOL is also pretty known on Sup Forums.

>show goes bad
>waah, that's because source material is shit
>show goes well
>thank you based Kyoani for adapting this shit from talentless hack into something decent
Love this.

this Just put the shovel down and step away from the hole, user

Honestly, no one is stupid enough to fall for your bait. It's just satisfying to correct retards who are wrong. Stop embarrassing yourself. Yes, you're anonymous, that doesn't mean you should abandon all self-respect.

I was reading Maid Dragon and actually most of Cool Kyoushinsha's manga since Ojoujojo started being scanlated. And so where tons of other anons since I discovered it here

Ojoujojo anime by KyoAni when

Yeah, one of the best animators in the industry with raw talent and skills. They are doing mostly comedies, because Takemoto likes to do this and Yamada likes to do coming of age stories about adolescence girls. They are good at this stuff. No need to do some forced action anime.

The things that KyoAni does well is: direction (most other shows dont come close to it), strong characterization, the grasp of realism with all the little movements and attention to detail, amazing cinematography. The framing of characters and use of camera angles. Great use of bokeh technique and compelling visual storytelling all around.

KyoAni studio consist of mostly females. KyoAni is the only studio that has a school for teaching animators and other things. KyoAni has well established schedule and the people there dont stress or work overtime like in most of other studios. Everything is taken care for. The animators are paid for their work and not by the numbers of cuts they do. If other studio's would have the same mindset as KyoAni there wouldnt be so many problems with money, depression and overworking.

t. Kyoani shillbot

>KyoAni studio consist of mostly females.
That's not true.

KyoAni is at a comfy place doing comfy animu.

There are other studios for everything else.

why would you want more? at least I can watch most of their works with peace at my heart that they won't fuck up girls I like with "le character development XDDD" meme

Well, it's not wrong, is it? When a show goes bad it's only then most certainly the studio's fault if the source material is very popular before its adapted (like in Berserk's case). You can hardly blame someone for making shit if the input is shit to begin with.

Kyoani's like 60% male, 40% female.