Why can't so many millennials tell time on a regular clock? Some are into their 20s and still can't tell time...

Why can't so many millennials tell time on a regular clock? Some are into their 20s and still can't tell time, when out generation learned this before 1st grade.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0URxyAKXZxo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice wrist fedora.

Everyone and their grandma has a cellphone on them at all times which happens to have a clock on the outside.

Probably because our technology advanced and we have faster ways of reading time now
>Why are so many people using emails? They should at least know how to write a letter

It's honestly a shitty way to display time.
HH:mm:ss is superior in every way.

If only we could move toward eradicating time zones and daylight savings, it would be perfect.

>not wearing a watch
>white

Elegir uno pablos

I don't know.

We had only analog clocks in my high school/college, and I've worn an analog watch every day for the past 5 years, yet I still can't read the time on my own watch at a glance. Takes a solid 10 seconds to figure out the time, which is more than most people are willing to spare.

that's fucking weird if true. it's not rocket science.

this. I prefer digitals these days.

Time zones at least have a legit reason to exist. DST can fuck right off though.

Sorry to be the one to tell you this son but you might be retarded.

Merry christmas.

everyone knows panerai are the fedora of watches

>Takes a solid 10 seconds to figure out the time

kekd hard

They're retards. I'm a millennial and I can read analog clocks, I even wear a wristwatch that's analog.

If you can't read a clock and you're over the age of 15 you should be put into a camp.

>tfw I have my great grandfathers gold pocket watch but I cant use it without looking like a total autistic

>carrying around a tracking device

>wear roman numeral faced analog chronometers
>write exclusively in cursive
>own at least one pair of very nice casual leather shoes
>drive a manual transmission auto
>abstain from public transportation entirely
>drink only water, whole milk, tea, whiskey, stout beers
>eat at least 5 paleo meals a week
What other ways can we express and advertise our white superiority?

Also let's remove retarded AM/PM amerilard format

>when out generation learned this before 1st grade
Millennial here. We learned just the same.

I have the same problem, but the watch stopped. I should get it fixed.

>panerai
They might be garbage, but I don't see how they're fedora

It's nice. You can just use it without drawing attention to it if you like. No large, conspicuous watch chain.

The average Swiss is far more swarthy than myself.

Do you want to compare nips to see which one of us is truly white?

>he doesn't even have light pink nips

kek

>Everyone and their grandma has a cellphone on them at all times which happens to have a clock on the outside.
Neet detected. When you dress professionally for your work, constantly pulling a cell-phone out of your pocket to check the time can be annoying at best - rude at worst (if you are dealing with clients).

I think it's because I didn't grow up with them. I never really saw an analog clock until high school. Also my watch is very "minimalist" with no numbers on the face which at a glance just looks like a bunch of lines. Takes a moment to figure out which is the hour and minute hand because they look almost the same and another moment to tell the hour markers apart because they have no numbers. Then it takes another moment to think about how the hour hand is closer to the upcoming rather than current hour if the minute hand is past the halfway mark. Honestly it does take like 10 seconds.

I know how to tell time on a normal clock

I also know how to adjust the tracking on a VHS tape

Why would I do either of these things now, though?

>put in a camp

why are millennials so authoritarian, can't just some people be stupid.
All authoritarianism is henceforth leftist.
ur a leftist cuck, hah

Hiking, walking, running, biking, fencing, shooting, use your imagination. Studying classical Greek and Latin, also.

>constantly pulling a cell-phone out of your pocket to check the time can be annoying at best - rude at worst (if you are dealing with clients).

This.

Glancing at a watch is less conspicuous. Looking at a cellphone people assume you're distracted and dicking around.

>assume you're distracted and dicking around
probably a correct assumption
>millenial attention span ~15 seconds

Don't even wear a watch or anything, but not being able to tell time on an analog means you might be clinically retarded.

>Studying latin
as painful as my latin classes were most times, I can't recommend this more strongly.

If we're butchering the 12 hour system then we might as well go full metric and have 10 hour days with 100 minute hours and 100 second minutes.

This
I fucking hated always trying to pull my phone out, just to look at the time
Also i always have like 2 hands full of 2 or 1 euro coins in my pockets, because i have that thing where i rather pay with paper than with coins, so if i try to get my phone out it sounds like a jew rubbing some shekels, so i bough a fucking nice watch for half a grand or so, nothing fancy, but looks really great

Some of my coworkers are really bad, it's pathetic.

They can't even sit still, they have to fidget. What the fuck happened?

>mfw when some nouveau riche friend of mine spend $2k on a quartz watch

>running
>biking
fuck off faggot, that's some vain Gen X "look at me" exercise

>I never really saw an analog clock until high school
wew

pic related white man's every day watch

>they have to fidget
an now fidget spinners are selling at astounding rates

> white man
There’s your problem.

nope. the fad is over. I can buy liquidated boxes of the things by the thousands for pennies a piece.

>tissot
>shitter

Eh no, Peg.

As a small child you don't really spend much time looking at people's watches.

you're only an attentionwhore faggot if you buy a $1000+ bike and the spandex to match

>his dad never showed him his watch

>look at me im wearing mine bicycle racing uniform
i hate bikies so god damn much

Fuck that, base 12 is better.

For one moment I forgot I am talking to Amerimutts kek

Whatever you say.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0URxyAKXZxo

Also, I can't believe that I forgot rowing. That is a redpill and a half, especially if you do it scholastically.

I hate the faggots who constantly mention and brag about their Rolex and Gucci watches.
We dont fucking care

Archie is pathetic though. that guy has to sell shit in his house just so he can afford his timepieces and he has children as well. he's a racemixer too. fuck Archie. that's why the cheap Casio memesquad always thrives because you still got that money in the bank and not on your damn wrist like a total fool.

>I hate the faggots who constantly mention and brag about their Rolex and Gucci watches.
>We dont fucking care
Those people are faggots who only care about having the brand, not the actual craftsmanship.

Most places have clocks on the wall or on whatever other screen you are near.

>t. poorfag who will never be able to afford an analog watch

This guy looks like the personification of a Midlife Crisis.

Suggest a cheap wristwatch for me to buy that won't get me laughed at.

Your retarded.

Rolex is like babby's first luxury item. It's what you buy when you want to buy something expensive, but have no knowledge of premium time pieces. Gucci is literally for niggers and whores to spend their tax return checks on.

Not that a Gucci watch has any craftsmanship.

>paying 800€ for a watch

Good goy

citizen eco-drive tachymeter

Of course, the people who buy it because it says "Gucci" and probably never heard of Patek Philippe and would likely turn that down instead for the Gucci watch.

seiko 5 are like $50

Because everything went digital. The time is every where now

Add appreciating classical too that list. It is truly the white man's music.

Swiss bias

>Quartz

Rolex makes a watch design that has gold hands backed by a gold face. Fucking brilliant design. So easy to read quickly.

Yes, your battery powered device is sooo much more reliable than something that will work just fine a hundred years from now

>implying that's a lot

Wait I forgot this is your income in one year

>your

the fact that they were ever a thing is still sad

to be honest it is far more efficient to just read a digital clock because you are immediately provided with the information rather than playing a mini-game to add up the hands especially if it's a tryhard watch without the actual numbers on it and it doesn't work for 24 hour time either

nigger please, I'm 24 and I can tell the time just fine. I just need 5 seconds instead of the 1 second it would take to look at my fucking phone.

Fuck you.

>let's throw away aesthetic beauty for the sake of utility.
24 hour clock is an abomination.

>1 second to read time
>forgets the 5 additional seconds to pull phone from pocket to face
is it still quicker than reading a watch?

in reality there are probably things you can't use that your grandparents can and they think you're a useless faggot for it. but reading a clock should be universal I think...

Pre-Adelard of Bath ages.

Quite often you're too far away to see a clock, or the clock is behind you. Sometimes, there is no clock. In white-collar jobs, there are many meetings to be had, and you are not always in your own office with your phone on your desk.
With a watch, you know the time with a discrete flick of your eyes.

Stop being so butthurt that you outed yourself as a neet, and go ask mummy for some tendies.

When you think about how its something your great grand kids will still have I am pretty cheap but could easily see myself spending $5k on a watch

Reminder that BASED Britannia rules time.
GMT

It was really interesting to watch roll out, though. A very synchronous effort across advertising and distribution channels. Youtube played a huge part in it, that's where I saw them first. A month later and every gas station had a box of them by the counter.

You can buy better things with that ammount of money.
You cant ignore this.

Whats the point of buying a highly expensive analog watch that only does 1 job which is checking time,when you can buy a phone or a smart watch with the same ammount of moneyand you get more options and things available to do on both.
Unless you just want to wear the watch to attract thieves and gold diggers.

>far more efficient to just read a digital clock
people who actually read a clock see the time just a quickly as you
>knowing a second language is when you don't translate in your head

What a fucking pleb. Probably buys leather shoes with rubber soles too huh?

>phone or a smart watch with the same ammount
because those items have a lifespan of 2-3 years compared to 100+ for a watch

> he needs a clock to keep track of time

What other things? The newest Nintendo? Apple Watch? Sorry I don't buy that shit

>Whats the point of buying a highly expensive analog watch that only does 1 job which is checking time,when you can buy a phone or a smart watch with the same ammount of moneyand you get more options and things available to do on both
A watch keeps the value and works for ever. Your phone loses 50% of its value after turning it on the first time.

>mfw I buy vintage Bulovas and Hamiltons at yard sales for a dollar

Still doesnt make sense. You can get a cheap,nice quality analog watch if you want to have it alive for years to come.
Paying more than 100€ for analog watches is pushing it as it's just luxury and showing off at that point.

A chronometer isn't just a watch. If you don't understand the beauty and engineering behind horology I will not be able to explain it to you. Also, a premium time piece is made by hand. Every piece is the result of decades of skill, and many hours of labor by as many as 100 different people. The movement is weighted by perfectly cut gems, gem stones that you are never meant to see, running a tourbillion which literally negates the effects of gravity on the escapement as your body moves.

>Why can't so many boomers not do laundry without a washing machines? Some are in their 70's and still can't use a washboard, when the greatest generation learned this before 3rd grade

A watch is really the only tasteful way for a man to show of a luxury item

>Whats the point of buying a highly expensive analog watch that only does 1 job which is checking time,
What's the point of buying an original work of art that only does one job which is looking nice on your wall
>because I CAN

nigger tier

The Timepiece Jew shills his wares shamelessly

true enough. I downloaded Bach's complete works some time ago and have enjoyed them immensely. In fact, I've acquired a strong taste for harpsichord music from listening. Of course, youtube has a lot of good material as well. Anything baroque is alright with me.

More ideas: wearing good woolen clothing (10x better than cotton, especially socks), practicing carpentry, ballroom dancing, and swimming.

That watch is beautiful but that band has to go.

That way is just old fashioned now. Everybody having cell phones is what caused it.

>You can get a cheap,nice quality analog watch if you want to have it alive for years to come.
Sometimes it's nice to have things.
Sure a cheap $10 quartz can keep time, but does it give you pleasure to look at?
Can you relax just by admiring the fit and finish that went into it's construction?

Certainly these are not things of great necessity, but little luxuries do wonders for your internalized sense of dignity, even when they are secret luxuries that only you know of.

Pocket watch superiority

Wristwatches are also jewellery