End of Evangelion

It was all about escapism, wasn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mTdkrxuKCik&t=4m26s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's about learning to accept others and yourself.

the idea is that forming connections with other people is worthwhile despite the fact that they come at the risk of pain

This.

"You're late!!!!"
"Lol sozza"
From this brief interaction between Asuka and Kaworu, how can we imagine what their relationship would be like?

It's about giant fucking robots fucking each other up. What anime were you watching?

This

in my humble opinion based on my one viewing

The imagery of the live action theaters and the talk about not running away from reality seemed like a jab at escapists to me.

It's about WAIFUS

Anno said it's okay to run away sometimes.
He's a huge shoujo fag, he's the biggest escapist of us all.

Friends with benefits

In the drama CD Asuka called him a homo boy and he called her fat.

A component of coming to terms with your position in life, and life itself, is necessarily learning to accept things as they are.

Shinji was an escapist. Shinji had to be shown that his way of escaping reality wasn't a solution to any problem.

If you inverted that across the 4th wall as some kind of attack at possible audience members, that's entirely on you.

And?

You think they would want to fuck each other?
Kaworu is gay anyway.

Yeah, I do.
And Asuka can cure his homosexuality easily.

Wew thinking about this actually made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Kill yourself.

Kek, you wish.
Kaworu is a blushing homo whose only desire is to drink the cum of cute Japanese boys.
He will never, ever be interested in your waifu.

>If you inverted that across the 4th wall as some kind of attack at possible audience members, that's entirely on you.

That's what's so great about interpreting art.
The whole scene felt to me like it was speaking to the audience who is represented by Shinji.

B-brutal

Kaworu doesn't even blush and he got dirty with Asuka in the movie

>the only way I can impale you is this, little shit

>Kaworu doesn't even blush
youtube.com/watch?v=mTdkrxuKCik&t=4m26s

It's probably a mix of all the above, EVA isn't a show with one big meaning to it, it's a jumble of lots of things with varying levels of connection and coherence. That's not to say it's meaningless, just multifaceted and possible to interpret in different ways - part of what makes it good.

For me it was mostly about loneliness, depression and the inability to connect with others. I saw a lot about the human condition in it generally.

He doesn't blush at boys in the show or movie, so he's straight.

He'd ditch Shinji for Asuka in a heartbeat.

4:26

That said, I do think it took some jabs at otaku culture generally. People have this dichotomy where Anno either hates otaku or is the biggest otaku, but at the time it was both. He was super depressed and self-hating, and Evangelion functions a bit like a mutilation of imagery and tropes he himself developed in Gunbuster. Again though it's not got a universal message of being an otaku is bad, just something that may have fed into it.

Yep.
Fucking Asuka, man. How can she handle all these men.
Everyone wants some of this pussy: Shinji, Kaji, Kaworu, Mari, hell I bet even Rei wouldn't mind. Add there all the 3dpd waifufags.

Poor girl, man, she's only 14, how will she get a room for all these dicks?

Fuck off Reifag

I wish this meme never took off.

Asuka is the best girl. Kaworu admitted it so it must be true.

S-so cute!

Why is that Shinji always gets all the blushing? Not fair!

I deleted that post for a reason, fuvk off.

R e i f a g

Rei Q best girl!

Asuka is best girl.
Kaworu is best gay.
Shinji is best wimp.
Kaji is best boy.
Misato is best cake.
Rei is best robot.

I agree with this

Kaworu loves cock. He'd rather kill himself than get near a roastie.

Fuck off Reifag, stop bumping the thread

the moral of evangelion is "escapism is fucking radical and cool, real life sucks ass and you'll probably just mess things up and ruin everything so don't bother"

You fuck off, I'm lonely.

Reminder that Shinji is canonically straight

In Freudian theory we are all born bi. Shinji hasn't ruled out the opposite sex as an interest in his development yet.

>Eva ended without solving all of the problems, so isn’t it kind of like running away? Some people think that even though you say “I mustn’t run away”, in the end you still run.
>Anno: Why would you think the theme is“you mustn’t run away”?
>What? If you say so. (laugh) Yeah, Shinji is not always right.
>Anno: Why do people always think that the main character’s thoughts and actions are always right?
>So it is. The main character did say “It is ok to run away.”
>Anno: Yes, this is the theme. Running away is not bad.