ReLIFE

What is Sup Forums consensus on ReLIFE? I just finished it and to my surprise I enjoyed it a lot. Characters were pretty nice, especially MC. I laughed a lot. Drama parts were believable. Music was great. And the ending really made me want to pick up the manga (webcomic?) version. I heard anime adapted over 100 chapters in those 13 episodes - that's a lot! Was much stuff skipped?

How did anime sell? What are the chances of getting second season?

I was able to connect well with the wish to go back and the general autism

anime was good, second season most likely never.
If you want to pick up the manga wait until the current arc is over, i don't think the content is bad but is just too slow paced.

The manga got boring as shit. Literally nothing happens.

I still don't know why they decided to release all the episodes in one go.

Fuck, what a disappointment

He's exaggerating a bit. The manga has always been slow paced, but still interesting shit always happens on a fairly regular basis to keep you going. The current arc has admittedly been sucky, but you could just take a break and finish it once the arc is completed in one go like I'm planning to do.

Looking back on both the anime and the webcomic it's pretty mediorce, the saving grace is that both the main characters are actually alright. Especially Hishiro who is cute as fuck.

Where it lets itself down is cliches and very bad writing in places, and it makes the mistake of thinking we give a fuck about, or want to see the sidecharacter or their romances (the two exceptions are An and the other two when they confessed and weren't being full retard for once). But it will forever be marred by things like the volleyball arc and this current arc in the webcomic.

Also I hate the webcomic phonefag with the force of a thousand suns. It was even improved by these shitty 'tank' releases. But needless to say this would be better with drawn art instead of this ugly shit, and actual manga format.

They need to hurry up and just focus on the main characters now, they need to get closer and there needs to be a lot of nice romantic moments between them (since that's basically what people read a romance for), they need to find out about eachother, they need to explore the memory wipe issue and they need to wrap it all up one way or another. The longer they draw it out the worse it will be, current arc being the prime example. There's nothing else they need to show in the series now except the main story, and they need to get on with it.

Agreed.
The writer seems to have gotten the story stuck in a very weird spot (neither Arata nor Hishiro can confess to each other because they think the other is a high school student and its immoral for a 28 year old to date one). Their relationship can't really progress at this point.

>(neither Arata nor Hishiro can confess to each other because they think the other is a high school student and its immoral for a 28 year old to date one)
I would like to see one or both of them stop giving a fuck about this since they should truly love eachother. It would make more sense to me if what was stopping them was fear of getting hurt once one have to go and remember the other.

What I liked about ReLife is that main boy and girl are pretty much adult, pragmatic characters in high school setting.

So... can you guys recommend anything similar?

>...
>rec me
I recommend you lurk more until you actually know about Sup Forums.

T-thanks.

Shit that sucks

Any slice of life ever?

A certain red haired girl ruined this completely

She wasn't THAT bad.

It's just the current arc. It's a ridiculous issue. Once it gets back to Hishiro and Kaizaki it's going to get better.

That said, I'm starting to understand its purpose. It suits the format of the previous non-Hishiro/Kaizaki arcs since Kaizaki and Hishiro are much older and thus basically acting like parents teaching their kids how to handle what life throws at them.

It's still the worst arc in the series so far, and I think it's completely unnecessary - in my view the author is much better off focusing either on Kaizaki and Hishiro's love drama or on Onoya and Yoake's work-related issues and thus build things up for the finale. It's also cringey as hell. But I've come to understand its purpose a bit better now.

Plus, past a certain age, you're going to see these kids' actions as being ridiculous. It's natural, since many of us have developed past them, but they certainly have not. For their age and given their culture, these issues are decently understandable. It makes things more realistic, and given the current trend for fictional works (not even just anime), I can appreciate that.

People like to whine about her, but I like her. She breaks the usual "sole charadev arc" trend nicely by being fucked up to such an extent that she needs 2. Or 2.5 if you count her being involved in Ohga's issue.

She's not on par with Hishiro by any stretch of the imagination, but she's a good girl. Certainly better than the majority of recent anime characters.

My current concern is that she'll drag things on even longer by focusing on Honoka and her friends after this. After all, if Ohga got this big of an arc, what's stopping her friends, who have very little characterization so far, from getting one too? Even worse, she could also focus on the teacher after this.

As much as I said I appreciated the series' desire to be more realistic, it's still easy enough to see that this doesn't make for very interesting reading unless you're really keen on it, and the author's been struggling with putting her readers in that state of mind quite a bit in recent times.

>Was much stuff skipped?
just some minor stuff like preparation to the festival and some kairu ogha development so they could actual have a climax at the end if your going to start reading the manga dont skip to 100 skip to somewhere in the 90s

Not a huge fan of kuuderes but Hishiro was pretty cute. Had some good feels. Not bad/10