Log Horizon

Where the FUCK is season 3?

Not enough source material.

The tax is all gone

Still being written by Marmalade, another 2 or so volumes to go to have enough material.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!

Pay your taxes kids

It'll happen just after kin-
Just after despera.

Does this have fan fiction like konosuba?

Not anymore.

This has got to be the most memorable OP song In existence.

Much like the second opening to Psycho Pass people will never forget it.
It stays relevant too thanks to r/a/dio and mogra.

/thread

resume DATABASE

I want to marry a chuuni pocket ninja.

>ywn sip tea in the database

>ywn adjust glasses in the database

What makes this different to the usual isekai shit? I'm interested

They game the system for the first couple of weeks. Think Runescape stock market
Then it becomes Dark Souls as it turns out that players are going Hollow.

Excellent world building, not just in the anime, but all the side material.

The video game systems are thought out well and given quite a bit of attention. They don't feel half-assed like in some other series.

It's great if you have fond memories of playing MMOs

The supporting cast is fantastic.

Catchy OP.

Rather than being trapped in an MMO, the characters find themselves transported to another world that works like the MMO. While most video game isekai series use the game world as an excuse for the setting, Log Horizon spends a fair amount of time dealing with MMO mechanics. It's probably the only series that actually feels like an MMO.

Further, it doesn't deal too much with general combat or an ultra powerful MC. He gets by more with his keen mind and his vast knowledge of the game. There's a large focus on teamwork and such. The MC is an Enchanter (a straight buffer) so might of the battles he engages in involve him directing and supporting his friends and guildmates.

Overall it's not terribly action focused, but deals more with politics and economics, though there is a big war against goblins in the first season and two raids raids that occur in the second season, so it's not like there isn't any action at all.

I hope Mamare gets along well with his imouto.

She's just a bit tsun is all.

Second season was a mistake.

Is there even anything to adapt?

Colors and TTGL's OP were memorable too.
Also KIMI TO

its in the DATABASE

Log Horizon and Overlord are similar in that they focus heavily on setting development and the game-like parts of the world are literally part of the world's physics, with interesting consequences besides games.

>spoiler

I heard it

Carnival/Grand Order when ;_;

Fucking Kino got another season user.

>animated Scathatch never

It's like they hate money

What happened to it?

The data's all gone

It stopped once it was picked up officially by Yen Press. Support the official release and all that.

Overlord was alright, but I preferred Log Horizon where there were a lot of players and the MC, while smart, wasn't completely unstoppable and couldn't just steamroll over the opposition.

Hopefully soon. It's one of the better isekai out there.
Jewpress strikes again.

Don't forget

NOW I'VE LOST IT

IT'S BEEN LITERALLY YEARS.

WHY ARE THERE NOT MORE VOLUMES BY NOW?

Season 2 went past the source material. Each season used 5 volumes of source material not counting volume 9. They only skimmed over that one.

We still need more material for another 26 episode season.

The anime went up to volume 10, Marmalade was writing volume 10 at the time. He is writing 13 currently.

This shit always happens.

>This new anime I'm watching is fucking awesome
>Oh sweet, it's got a second season
>Man, this second season seems a little light on substantive content...
>Find out it's an LN that exhausted its content, and there won't be another anime season for 5+ years, which means everyone will have lost interest in another season by then.

So many series like this.

People lost interest because of DEEN and Jew Press.

did he finally manage to get out of prison?

P R I S O N
B Y
T A X
E V A S I O N

Have hope. Miracles do happen and have been happening noticeably as of late.

If Spice and Wolf can get new LN volumes, and possibly a new anime, then anything can happen.
I'm not talking about their daughter either. The original series will continue.

I like Minori.

You have shit taste

Marmalade never went to prison and had already paid the back taxes before the tabloids ever got wind of it.

He never went toprison.

>ywn realize your old dream of enjoying three days of such laziness that you don't even take a bath

>If Spice and Wolf can get new LN volumes, and possibly a new anime,
u w0t m8?

...why not? It doesn't even sound hard.

I do that for weeks on end, it's nothing special.

I'm sorry. I wouldn't wish a fate like that on anyone.

I still remember people posting it will be 10 years before ten press caught up with fan translation.
They have literally caught up now.

But the whole point of the show is that they're not trapped in an MMO.

My bad. A magical realm that a lot like the mmo they were playing. So it's an anime version of Dungeons & Dragons. Totally not the same thing. :^)

Never ever the author got arrested for tax evasion or some shit.
pic related.

I know you are trolling but just in case someone else is confused by this, no he did not go to prison. He had to pay a fine and is on probation.

It's actually completely different, because when you're trapped in a game, the point is to escape.

No he didn't.

Lenessia rules over Akiba as the new chairwoman of the Round Table.

It's still an unfinished mmo anime.

Yeah but it's actually a LN, and actually not an MMO.

>MMOs are D&D
mhmm

its not very popular so its okay to like it

The WN is still in progress.

Didn't Overlord slowly morph into being bad because it got popular and also because the general became a toxic cesspool?

mmos exist because of d&d and are based on the same mechanics

the criticism of isekai has nothing to do with whether or not there is motive to escape

>mmos exist because of d&d and are based on the same mechanics
So does literally every other rpg, but they're not the same.

The criticism of isekai is generally because they're extremely poorly written, not because of isekai itself.

yes its ok to like any isekai so long as its not popular like konosuba or SAO

When people stop memeing about taxes.
In other words, never, because it's impossible to clear misinformation up.

There's nothing wrong with Konosuba though
How is that Aliceaztion arc or whatever the fuck for SAO? Is it still garbage or is it good now, I heard a few people say it was good.

First of all, it's not isekai.
And holy shit did Sup Forums's quality go down even further when the average faggot learned about that word. It's kind of amazing.

they are the same for the purposes of story telling in another medium, yes. as their differences are not relevant except on a surface level outside of their medium

It was kind of like 'cuck', but used like 'shonenshit' or 'moeshit'.

>WoW is the same as 3.pf
End yourself you tremendous faggot

The world building is top notch
The author actually has alot of experience with MMOs

Never, the author was listed in the tax evader database wow wow.

No he isn't

The author came here a couple of times and that's why Sup Forums likes it.
In reality it's more boring and the author doesn't know what to do with the story compared to other isekai.

There is literally nothing wrong with tax evasion. Politicans do it all the time.

>isekai "fans" on Sup Forums in a nutshell: the post

The imouto is probably a cake since he's actually in his 30s.

A LN based on an mmo setting.

Pointing out to him that his sister was clearly tsundere was great is still some of the most fun I've had on Sup Forums.

It's pretty unique in a way. I think stories can generally be divided into two different types: plot focused stories and character focused stories. A plot focused story is something where what's happening in the world - events, conflict, twists, etc. are the focus of the story. A character focused story is something where the plot doesn't really matter and the focus is put on character interaction. This includes slice of life, harems, comedies, etc. Log Horizon is a third type of story, something you see extremely rarely which is a setting focused story. Neither the plot or characters are the focus. The focus is mostly on the world in which the story takes place. Each arch is designed to reveal more of the setting to you. Everything that happens is to expand on that setting. Honestly, I think it's an inferior style of story. It's extremely slow paced and not very entertaining. But it's unique so it might be worth it if you want to try something new.

Aside from all that there's also Akatsuki who is very fuckable.

Is Shiroe's 30s foresight/1% margin of error MP monitoring realistic for a raid coordinator?

It's written by someone who grew up playing oldschool MMOs (UO, EQ-generation, etc) and tabletop RPGs, who has a history of writing stories from a unique perspective (same guy that did Maoyuu).

The story in Log Horizon is less about personal conquest and glory like a typical chuuni indagame series and more about exploring intriguing philosophical, social, and economic ideas in a framework of "well, what WOULD happen to society if such-and-such online game mechanic were suddenly injected into reality?"

We're getting new Kino and Index, so I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

>Politicans do it all the time
Politicians more often than not successfully evades them.
The average joe cannot.

you're a fucking retard that doesn't know what isekai means. are characters from one world put into another unfamiliar one? then it's isekai, not whatever stupid definition you've made up from your 2 years of watching anime experience

Yes, kinda.

I mean, all they are are people who know the game mechanics and fight mechanics of the raid bosses off by heart. In the top guilds where you can rely on every party member knowing their role and generally executing it near perfectly it means that the raid leader can look ahead and anticipate where large quantities of damage will come from

Season 2 was so shit because of them.

Somebody has to, I guess

Kirito goes into a coma because of the evil NSA.

The surviving Law guys try to train up a peasant army in preparation for the Chaos invasion (Chaos are led by the literal God of Darkness who is also an evil NSA agent who eats souls like rape).

They get rekt, but Kirito's harem save them with GM accounts and deebeezeee powerlevels.

NSA connect UW to the internet and get 50,000 American players to connect (it was advertized to them as a beta test for a new AO-rated VRMMO where you're allowed to slaughter anything and everything you like, with blood and guts), they mass murder UW residents and think it's hilarious.

To defeat them the main characters get 2,000 Japanese VRMMO players to connect. Despite the difference in numbers the Japanese are superior and win because Asian gamer damashii.

Then PoH (who is also an evil NSA agent) unleashes a zerg rush of Korean and Chinese gamers who were recruited by being told this is the a Korean VRMMO that's in beta test but evil Japanese hackers broke into the server, turned off pain dampening and are torturing their countrymen.

Even when some Japs who speak Korean try to explain the situation to them they don't listen because hurr japanese

The other NSA guys are surprised this works, they thought it wouldn't be worth it because they didn't think Japan is more different from Korea/China than European countries are from each other (hur)

Koreans and Chinese overwhelm Japs because this is every Jap's worst nightmare.

Kirito wakes up (thanks to the literal POWER OF LOVE from his entire harem) and wipes them all out in one attack though.

(Also PoH's motivation is that he's Korean and he hates Japanese so when he got stuck in SAO he decided to set up Laughing Coffin and have them and the clearers kill each other for shits and giggles because Nips killing each other is hilarious.)

Kirito and Asuna become gods because of x10000000 acceleration.

The AIs explore VR space with rocket dragons.

So...it's like GATE or something but even worse?

What's wrong with her? I unironically think she's a good character.