Just finished nekomonogatari

Just finished nekomonogatari
Definitely the best arc of the series so far.

But why did Rrrg convince himself that he didn't love Hanekawa, I finally understand why they belong together, and yet he sticks with crab? Why?

Why does Niseoisin do this

Other urls found in this thread:

openings.moe/?video=Opening1-MonogatariSeriesSecondSeason
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I didn't really see it explained, though I stopped watching after the time travel arc in S2.

From what I understood it was some combination of perhaps only being in love with the ideal of her being some kind of perfect woman, to it coming down to the simple fact that crab asked him out first and they're committed now.

But what do I know, I didn't finish the show yet.

Combination of low self-esteem, exaggerated opinion of Hanekawa and the fact that he's already committed to a relationship and doesn't want to admit he fucked up

I'm just starting S2
It just seems so strange, that they've both now saved each other and understand one another on a much deeper level.
And they've always been attracted, emotionally or otherwise to being with eachother.
It seems so strange to deny himself
Neko comes before Bake, he hadn't met Senjougahara yet when Neko ends and the crisis is resolved. He decides before he's committed.
But I think the low self-esteem part is probably a huge part of it for both of them

exactly this

But before he ever meets Hitagi, he's confronted by Meme who says he should just marry the class pres. to which Ragi says he couldn't, doesn't love her, and that she was his first love, but also the first love he lost.

But he didn't lose her, not until he chose to see crab weeks later.
He pre-preemptively ended it, and I don't know why

If Hanekawa was as adorable and flirty in the rest of the series as she was in Kizu, Nisio would piss too many people off. But he makes her into a bland and boring megane to give Araragi a reason to not be interested in her.

He doesn't love Hanekawa, he loved the idea of Hanekawa, but the actual person was different from his ideal.

It's like the Great Gatsby.

Watching even the first episode of S2, Hanekawa has an interesting character, and her motivations and identity still seem fairly complex. She's hardly a boring character, just a lot less tropey than the others, she seems to be the best written character in the series
Just seems immature of him, I feel like in time they'll inevitably drift together. I haven't finished the series so I don't know if that's the case. But if they never do get together, it will have been from Koyomi's lack of maturity I think. Actually, I think Hanekawa probably deserves better, but I think it's that same issue of self esteem, she's fallen for him, and that's what will make her happy, so I guess it's the right course of action, but Ragi is a major scrub, maybe he does deserve to end up teased and mistreated to death

So the male cat is just lying dormant inside Tsubasa now right? I want a reappearance.

S2 Hanekawa is much more 萌え than any previous Hanekawa

私の口にたわごと

:(
何故ですか?

>私

lol online translator-fag

It's a cop out, the author couldn't retroactively match him up with Hanekawa when he already started dating Crab in the future.

He wanted to die for her. Repay her. Not love her.

No he definitely loved her. This is made very clear in his conversation with Meme.

And what happened? Where is his love gone? He didn't think about Hanekawa when Crab confessed in Bake.

Because he wasn't thinking at all, let alone about Hanekawa when Hitagi confesses. He, like Hanekawa, Is surrendering to stronger forces in his life and forgoes what is likely destiny for the forces that he probably regards as fate that he and Hitagi be together. It goes back to Ragi and Cat's fundemental commonality of a lack of self esteem, surrendering their own happiness to the tide of life that sweeps them away from one another.

Wow
Infamous catfaggotory and mental gymnastic

>butthurt crabposter doesn't refute any of the points made

Sasuga crabby

>She's hardly a boring character, just a lot less tropey than the others, she seems to be the best written character in the series

I agree with this. In fact I remember being upset with with the way that Aragagi and his mentor were talking about her in Neko acting as if she deserves getting slapped for no reason or acting as if she isn't asking for help, because she has a maladaptive way of coping. I hated it. How can you know that you are handling things in an improper way when you haven't been taught differently? I liked Senjogahara, but I think Hanekawa is one of the better written characters in the series.

Basically, he saw that she was a flawed human being and ran away with his tail between his legs? It just makes him seem like fucking piece of shit.

Araragi has a canonical terrible Inferiority Complex, he deems himself inferior to Hanekawa in every sense and not worthy of pursuing a relationship with her.

Whether he will free himself from those shackles one day, only Nisio knows.

A bit off topic, but the perfect slumbers OP might be the best of the series

i love cat's op's, they're a nice mix of bittersweet and comfy

this one's my favorite though if i had to choose openings.moe/?video=Opening1-MonogatariSeriesSecondSeason

Just to put a measure out.

How big and encompassing is Hanekawa's Love for Araragi?

how about against the other girls?

because crab is 2nd best girl after bat.

he already had a mother, what he needed was a girlfriend.

All encompassing

Hitagi is emotionally fragile and emotionally stunted, her conception of love is the same: fragile and stunted
Kanbaru is a flirt, maybe curious, but ultimately has an undying love for Hitagi
Nadeko is extremely immature, and insecure and so is her love for Koyomi
Bat is jaded, ancient and her relationship with Koyomi is complex, but not "loving" per say
Snail is snail, it's more friendly, if anything
The imoutos love him as their older brother, maybe a little more with Karen, but that's largely chalked up to youth and confusion

Tsubasa's love for Araragi is the only one that is pure, that makes sense, and that is motivated entirely by a mutual attraction they both feel, it isn't forced, it isn't unnatural, it is simply right.

Not to freud it up, but what's the difference when finding desirable traits in a partner?

Treating someone badly isn't a sign of maturity or of mature love, nor is taking advantage of a less mature person.

Addendum: His mom is a lot more like Hitagi (cold, straight up, critical, severe) than Hanekawa when she confronts Hanekawa in S2

> Bat is jaded, ancient and her relationship with Koyomi is complex, but not "loving" per say
It's more than mere love for sure. Crab and Cat can only dream about that kind of intimacy with Araragi.
Wait. Cat has no intimacy with him at all. Ka-ka! Since Neko Kuro she is just a friend.

nice digits
fuck, i cant wait to go see kizu part 3

>Tsubasa starts to lose her mind over time that Ragi is too thick or beta to realize she loves him
>Starts losing her goddamned mind because she can't vocalize her affection

Wow, I'm feeling some 200% mad vibes, it's no wonder why Black Hanekawa manifests itself so often.
I guess they've spelled that out all along, but I'm starting to empathize with what kind of bitterness comes with being a repressed doormat

Yeah. The best part of the best story about the best girl.

>not loving relationship with bat
>Cat's love is pure

Catfags can be even more delusional than Crabfags sometimes

>this is a japanese medium-sized high-schools athletic field

Remove cat-tats.
Right now.

Crabfags have reasons at least. Crab is Araragi's future wife.

Hanekawa fucking loves Araragi. Araragi seems to have an extreme respect for Hanekawa, so much so that he finds it impossible to be on the same tier as her.

うるさい!

i think that love is a more complicated emotion and doesnt just rely on compatibility.
cat is his "perfect" girl who he put on this pedestal, but he just cant actually love her for what ever reason. the monogatari series in general seems to take a romantic look on life, so i dont think there's a clear reason for his feelings about hanekawa other than that he just doesnt love her.

Here

He conveys that later in Neko Kuro adaptation too, how he looks up to her and respects her way too much.

I don't understand.
All of that build up in his head is based on an unrealistic impression of Hanekawa
He saw how flawed she was, how hard her past was, how violent and hurt and imperfect her tendencies were when she lashed out.
He saw that she wasn't the ideal he had envisioned, and she loves him so deeply it's painful.
He knows that she's as human as anyone, how can he hold onto that as his justification for not returning her affection.

I feel like I'm getting to understand what she's thinking, at least how it's written and adapted

Araragi is a pretty complicated person. A lot of what Araragi does and thinks involves feigning ignorance to shit around him and himself, including Hanekawa being reduced from her pedestal. His respect will never die down but his self-esteem will never bring him to her level. It is pretty depressing Hanekawa and Araragi never do anything about this weird relationship even in Musubi, she still loves him and he still thinks of her as a god among men.

It seems like they will all take his D nonetheless that's for sure, but will they all stay with him? No.

Bakemonogatari was the first novel written in the series. Because of this, Araragi already agreed to go out with Senjougahara before the massive amount of development he had with Hanekawa. So the author has to make up some excuses for why Araragi didn't just fuck Hanekawa and it's all pretty wonky. What's basically suggested is that Araragi saw Hanekawa as too good for him. So he didn't want to go out with her because she was like an angel or something. Also, in a different arc it's suggested maybe he just lusted after her but didn't love her, but that's pretty ridiculous considering the developments in some of the arcs.

In Kizu he initially lusted after her, everything past that he just put on the air of wanting to lust after her but doesn't actually mean it.

>He knows that she's as human as anyone
She certainly has flaws, but it's understandable Araragi sees her as an oddity beyond any human, and certainly beyond himself, when she is repeatedly shown to be capable of doing what no other human can, and not only in terms of her intelligence.

I'm just starting to think that Ragi just doesn't love her, nor did he ever.
The love he felt, as mirrored by Tsukihi and underlines the idea that his love for her was an immature puppy-love that unfortunately was so real to Hanekawa that she's tortured by it, while Ragi is just sort of bumbling along, all the while thinking of Hanekawa with the nearly child like wonder of her superiority, kept down by his inferiority complex, something stimulated by Hitagi.
Hitagi shakes him out of his immaturity a bit by hitting him over the head with more adult themes, Kanbaru does the same, and he matures fairly quickly after shit starts going down with vamp/cat/crab etc.
By the time he realizes his mistake, he's with crab, and doesn't mind, it's a big change for him anyways, novel in a lot of ways to have a girlfriend for the first time.

I think he's just immature, and will have to grow into it, but that there's always going to be a place for their relationship (rrrg and cat) someday, in the future

Yeah, the guy with a girlfriend who doesn't cheat on her with the only person who might be a real threat to that relationship is being beta.

That's what beta is. Sure.

He probably never did love her, he was just awestruck by how kind she was to him during Kizu and for being his ties to humanity during that time.

Araragi mentioned Golden week in the first arc of Bake. So there was something about him and Hanekawa in Nisio's mind from the beginning.

>He probably never did love her, he was just awestruck by how kind she was to him during Kizu and for being his ties to humanity during that time.
You mean like every other girl he ever met?

Neko is pretty meh dude, probably second worst after Snake, get some taste.

By beta I meant that he thought of her too highly to pursue her, prior to the relationship
Nothing worse than NTR

When did Sup Forums become Sup Forums
Thanks for your input, I'll surely change my ways to come around to your superior brand of thinking

Pretty much.

He has a wife. What the fuck are talking about.

He really is a much less mature and developed character than I thought
I CAN DREAM NIGGA

Araragi barely has a stable relationship, let alone marriage.

He intends to marry, they haven't yet
>inb4 STOP THE WEDDING

Please dream in your head instead of throwing it into threads like it's canon and people are supposed to take you seriously.

>Being taken seriously
>On an anonymous anime imageboard
Uh huh

He has plans to marry Hitagi. I mean there is no place for Hanekawa in his life anymore. Just catfags wet dreams.

Araragi should just take the singles life.

Kaiki really is best girl

Math will strangle him if he does.

He already elected for the never alone lifestyle.

Well, then she'll feel very awkward when he doesn't die.

Is Math end possible? Nisio writes a lot about her.

No one other than Crab can win now, but she might have been the closest by college. But neither see the other in any vaguely romantic way, they are just a tsundere bros.

What is the state of Crab and Araragi's relationship as of this point?

>No one other than Crab can win now
I wouldn't word it that strongly, but I'd be less surprised to see a new character come along and start dating Araragi than I would if Sodachi did.

Two breakups over stupid shit. One breakup over logistics that they just managed to overcome. Araragi thinking to himself that he wants to marry her. Myself, kinda skeptical of how smoothly that will go.

Crab is very unstable. 3 break ups in 5 years. It's not healthy.

Highschool relationships sour fairly quickly once you're out of a stable, wrote environment, your priorities change, your world changes.

People change so much between 16 and their early twenties that it'd be no wonder if they split for real

rrrg foresaw the future in which cat quickly proves herself to be worst girl by barging into other, better, girl's screentime

also glasses and braids are shit and yet when cat changes her style she gets progressively worse

REMOVE CAT ONLY GAEN AND SNEK ARE WORSE AREEEREEEEREEEEEEEE

FIGHT ME MOTHERFUCKER
I'LL KNOCK YER FEKIN BLOCK OFF YA DUNNIT NOW BRUV
DERE GON' NEED A FLEETA BOBBIES TO PULL ME DICK OUT UR ARSE
I SWEH ON MI MUVVA

Those breakups look like a lazy writing.
Hitagi is a fucking yandere. How could she break up with Araragi over simple misunderstandings? I can believe that they didn't manage to find a way to settle problems with work abroad. But Sodachi? Really?

Just fukkin' try it m8 if u fink yer so fukkin' hard

>lazy writing
>Hitagi is a fucking yandere.
Not lazy writing, you're just lazy watching if you think you can boil her character down to 'yandere'

yanderefags project their fetish because they're mad thirsty, don't believe their memes

And thus the eternal struggle between Crab Fags and Cat Fags rages on, never to be resolved and to take many lives in the process.

Imouto fags quietly gain ground in the shadow of their eternal ignorance

He was literally spending in secret basically every hour of his life with another girl, living together, studying together in college and even spending the time together in his yellow beetle going to and back from college. And a girl with history with him that goes from before she met Araragi, and also a girl she seriously dislikes in the first place.

Hitagi is also at most poser yandere, like tsukihi is yandere as a joke.

The only good thing about Bee is the toothbrushing meme (NOT her scene, just OTHER characters getting memed into fanart of similar scenes) and sweaty spandex

The only good thing about Bird is being very important and the first 18 seconds of Platinum Disco

Go back to the shadow, fire-sister of rrrg-kun!

Ok she is not actual yandere but she is really crazy about Araragi. You know what I mean. She can't break up with him so easily.
She did the same in Koi. With Araragi's enemy. And she continues to keep it in secret.

Seems like she could from the latest LN. Just need to put in a reason.

t. never had a gf

Karen kinda low-key secured her place in the Araragi bowl. She's living with him, frequently his only housemate, and they do all sorts of sexual shit together to the point that there are weird rumors going around. Tsukihi is still better.

>Cat is now a commie world peace no borders terrorist
>she came back and took back her panties to wipe her last links to the past and cut off contact with Araragi

I was never a admirer of cat as she rubbed I off the wrong the way from ep 1 of Bake, but her character development of the series is amazing.

I went through that shit boy.
I even dated a similar girl.
She wasn't the first, or the first to threaten to kill herself if I left. So I left

It's been a year and she still texts me.
You have to know when shit is gonna get bad and pull the ripcord before she's wrapping it around her neck

Knowhatimsayin holmes

Her character has been pretty static, but she has gone some fucking places.

Short hair bat>long hair bat

and become a bitter and dead inside old man like kaiki?

They even say that they're boyfriends are just like araragi when theyre talking to tsubasa.

It's pretty cute how much he's rubbed of on them
Hopefully not in the other sense of that phrase

Or maybe hopefully, it's anime after all

It's not a very good idea to marry her.

Yes

Notice how almost every character, even Senjougahara herself, thought that Araragi was with Hanekawa or will be with her in the end?

Nisio is a hack and troll who wants to keep blue balling the readers or he's ultimately setting her up to be the winner in the actual finale.

nisio please fucking deliver

Araragi would need his waifu to die and then have her sister make his life miserable as well.

In no way is koyomi and hitagi's relationship unhealthy. The fact that they are still together after so many conflicts only supports that they should marry.

Breakups will be more hurtful after marriage.