Does Russia still have a problem with barbaric hazing rituals inside it's military?

Does Russia still have a problem with barbaric hazing rituals inside it's military?

>daily beatings
>made to clean toilets and then immediately brush your teeth

Or do you think extreme hazing improves the quality of a soldier?
>amp.businessinsider.com/hazing-is-holding-back-russias-military-2014-5

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dx_XZ0hzy38
pravdareport.com/society/stories/15-02-2007/87441-army_prostitute-0/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hazing is a useful tool if it is done well, and if it has a real purpose - ie, helping to inure someone to discomfort, building camaraderie, etc. "Hazing" as lazy sadism is pointless and counterproductive.

For example, when I was a teenager joining my school's (US) football team, there was some hazing - we had to get sprayed in the face with mace and then do a full workout without washing out the spray; we had to get tossed into a pool of water full of ice with a weighted backpack and free ourselves before we drowned; we had to "gang-tased" in the nude by several guys with tasers in front of a group of laughing girls, etc. But none of these things cause permanent damage. They all teach important lessons in becoming tough.

If you "haze" someone by hitting him in the shin with a baton until his shin breaks, then what the fuck is the point of that? It puts you out of commission for a while and DIMINISHES your ability to train/become stronger/etc. It's just aimless sadism.

Yeah the majority of young men filled with testosterone are spastic and totally fucking retarded.
They need a strict social group with hierarchy and authority to straighten them the fuck out.

>implying giving the scrawny bitch wedgies is a problem

Either you've never served or you don't know how bad the Russian conscripts have had it. They've been sold off as prostitutes, hazed to the point where they kill themselves and even beaten to death by their older comrades. It has absolutely nothing to do with toughening one up, it's simply wanton cruelty.

Barbarism is the essence of what it means to be Russian.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dx_XZ0hzy38

Most hazing is done by chechens and dagis against Russians.

This.
Russian hazing is just aimless and counterproductive sadism.

Let's all talk about something we've read on Daily Mail.

Hello, Russian.
Do you know anything about hazing the Russian Armed Forces?

Russkie denies the problem!

pravdareport.com/society/stories/15-02-2007/87441-army_prostitute-0/

It's a lot more than just hazing, but we all knew slaves are homosexual subhumans

Russians are sick bastards.

Was Hitler right when he said the Red Army was an institute rotten to the core?

I honestly don't know that there is a problem. Spetsnaz are some of the toughest sons of bitches there are.

American doesn't know.

If only we breed like barbarians and not like whites

The toughest hostage killers around

>Does Russia still have a problem with barbaric hazing rituals inside it's military?
No. According to many stories of my friends who were served.

>Or do you think extreme hazing improves the quality of a soldier?
Maybe hazing improves something but if it's not extreme. like this user said

I've heard like millions of stories about prostitution and gay rape system in russian army. Also I've seen a video where recruits beat their officer almost lifeless

It mostly died by itself after conscription time was reduced to to 12 months and number of conscripts was reduced in general.
I guess there is still some individual cases of bullying or murders, but problem is mostly in quality of conscripts, some of them is legit retarded.
Also is heavily depends from branch of military.
I spent my service wearing polo and staring at monitor for 8 hours.

This, old hazing culture had a lot to do with 2 years of service.
Those serving the second year would bully the newcomers.

Now i imagine everyone starts and ends at the same time so it would only be a few asshole officers and the odd dickhead recruit picking on peers.

>daily beatings
Not really. No daily beatings anymore, you would got your beating if you fucked up something tho.
>made to clean toilets and then immediately brush your teeth
Cleaning of toilets is a disciplinary punisment, only dorks and shitheads would do that, if you are a disciplined serviceman, you are completely free of this.
Never heard that someone brushed teeth after this, lmao, it's too hardcore to be true.
See, the compulsory service in Russia is mandatory and not all of dudes in your regiment would do stuff willingly, so to ensure that order would be executed you had to give a kick to your subordinate and promise even more, you know.

Pretty sure denying a recruit a big mac a day in America is hazing there.

>No daily beatings anymore,
Pretty sure this has been claimed for years and years and then they beat someone on the head to much and kill him.
Besides the charities helping these soldiers are still running so i doubt it stopped.

Russian army is hit or miss, you can end up in a good unit and have a decent interesting experience with new military tech and stuff or end up in shit useless unit full of churkas, you won't learn anything and will probably have a bad year Considering that you have no influence in deciding where you serve it's a risk I wouldn't take myself.

>we had to "gang-tased" in the nude by several guys with tasers in front of a group of laughing girls, etc.

Why are American 'frat' groups so homo erotic. That's fucked.

See, to kill someone by beating you hadn't to do it daily, one hit may be enough for soyboy.
You can also die in a fight outside of military service as well, and I can bet that your chances for that are significatelly lower when you are in military.

The difficulty in understanding the Russian is that we do not take cognizance of the fact that he is not a European, but an Asiatic, and therefore thinks deviously. We can no more understand a Russian than a Chinaman or a Japanese. In addition to his other Asiatic characteristics, the Russian have no regard for human life and is an all out son of bitch, barbarian, and chronic drunk.

>we had to "gang-tased" in the nude by several guys with tasers in front of a group of laughing girls, etc.
Looks like a great marketing scheme for getting some pussy in school.

You forgot Chinese face.

>Stop with holding the Earl gray Gerald I will report you to the fucking commander

These measures ensure that a confrontation soon to come between the modern amxrxcxn transwomyn xperator and rossiyan blyatnik cyborg computer commander will end in a very predictable manner.

you can't say patton wasn't right.

Doesn't breaking someone's shin help them to become tough like tasing them would, or throwing them into a pool of ice water while being weighed down?

This, our army is very “diverse”

The prostitution will continue until morale improves

Difference is tazing, pepperspray, and hell even drowning simulations might hurt but you can still get up out of bed (maybe ) the next morning. Breaking your shin puts you on your ass and behind training schedule

>we had to "gang-tased" in the nude by several guys with tasers in front of a group of laughing girls

that'd be hawt if it was girls doing the tazing

Makes sense, still i wouldnt line up to serve.
Having hear what some people have to deal with, would rather find a normal job at that point.

>Does Russia still have a problem with barbaric hazing rituals inside it's military?

Without any doubt. They have unfucked their army a lot since worst days after collapse of SU, but there is still lot of things to be fixed. They are likely 30 or 40 years behind west when it comes treating conscripts, cadets or enlisted professional soldiers as human beings.

They have at least partially fixed that thing and most fucked up cases of hazing will fuck up entire command structure to battalion level.

t. Someone who used to be in regular interaction with former Russian conscripts on intertubez from 90's and 2000's.

They still build their fighter jets like fucking tanks. Wild animals and scrap metal litter their airfields.

... I'm a USAFag so I know mostly their air power. They are prepared for warfare as it was done scores ago.

>t. Someone who used to be in regular interaction with former Russian conscripts
Stories?

See, it's illegal to skip compulsory service here, so you had to cheat or bribe some medical commission members.
If you got good health and no monies for bribe, you will hide from police and military recruiters untill you reach 27 years without any official job with contributions to the pension fund and stuff.
So it's kinda hard to make proper decision about it.
My point that it's better to serve, atleast it's good for health with constant physical exercises, clean air and army diet.

I ment i wouldnt become a professional soldier, i heard about conscription and people hiding from it though has to suck.
It would be fine and a good experience if you reached a good unit but if you just get fucked with and have your money taken then that would suck.

Does Russia have a foreign legion like the french? I want to move to Russia but i'm not sure how it's possible.

Its a giant homo orgy prison. Officers even pimp out the privates to gays.

Never was a serious issue to the level that western propaganda tried to make it
>businessinsider
Into the garbage it goes

>Never was a serious issue to the level that western propaganda tried to make it
Fucking slavboo, do some research they used to do some sick shit and even bashed people's skulls in.
I bet you would love to be forced to do humiliating shit, have no money for food and then to have the shit beaten out of you.
Of course there are exceptions but this is what it was like and is to some degree.

Yes, it's called "dedovshina" - it originated in the Red Army and carries on strong to this very day.
Obviously not, it exists due to Russias low morale combined with mandatory concription: it perpertruates a cycle of "letting off steam" among the officers, who in turn make conscripts their personal playthings.

>Stories?

Nothing too extreme, even from guys who served in 90's, usual bullshit from older conscripts like getting beaten couple times and getting issued gear swapped to ruined equipment from older conscripts. Boots and so on. One guy was basically """employed""" as unpaid labor on construction site near their base for few months, with paycheck going to company commander instead half dozen """workers""" he arranged for the site. Digging dirt, carrying concrete bags and other simple labor. That ended when one of involuntary workers got in contact with his uncle who was pretty high up in prosecutors office or something and had contacts on all kinds of ministry of interior people. Their company commander ended up in prison for that. Basically they spent half of the time they were supposed to train for deployment in Chechenya doing something completely unrelated to military training. While that guy was in Chechenya, he spent essentially all that time in artillery fire bases surrounded by plenty of wire and sandbags. There are stories of conscripts getting forced into sexual slavery, that are probably true, but those cases are pretty fucking far from common.

When they cut service time to year in 2007 (?) the worst cases of abuse have nearly ceased to happen. The fact that there aren't senior conscripts around as much as there used to be has reduced physical violence and usual bullshit. The fact that country isn't in ongoing economic collapse probably has reduced how much officers can abuse conscripts.

>Hazing is a useful tool if it is done well, and if it has a real purpose - ie, helping to inure someone to discomfort, building camaraderie
Boot camp does the first one by design, and the second is just retarded. If everyone else in my "sekret klub" forced me to suffer, I'd just despise them.
>we had to "gang-tased" in the nude by several guys with tasers
And you see nothing wrong with this?

>none of these things cause permanent damage
I think all that hazing has damaged your cognitive capabilities.