Current anime film director rankings

Hayao Miyazaki > Masaaki Yuasa > Sunao Katabuchi > Keiichi Hara > Mamoru Hosoda > Naoko Yamada > Wataru Takahashi > Hiromasa Yonebayashi > Yasuhiro Takemoto > Shouko Nakamura > Tatsuya Oishi > Makoko Shinkai

upvote

>Satoshi Kon isnt even on the fucking list
for shame, OP

Other than the first I don't know none of them

I'd move Yamada up to #2.

He's dead, Jim.

This is taste.

literally whos

where is imaishi?

Has he done a film?

Yuasa hasn't released a film since 2003. You can't rank him as a "current anime film director" based on two films that aren't out yet. Satoshi Kon died 7 years ago and he still has a film released more recently than Yuasa.

>Naoko Yamada
Nice meme.
He did actually.
But why should only movies count?

>enter the thread
>start reading
>Hayao Miya...
>leave the thread

where's akiyuki shinbo? Kizu films count, right?

I have no complaints

so you are retard

The Kizu films count, that's why Oishi is on the list. Shinbo isn't a director in the way the role is usually understood (since he started working at Shaft, at least. Before that he was a "normal" director), so he tends to be left out of lists like this.

Hosoda doesn't deserve to be that high considering he's only made two films worth a damn.

>miyazaki
man hasn't produce a good film since 1997

Spirited Away and The Wind Rises are better than Princess Mononoke

The ranking is bad based on the fact that most of those directors are bad, and the power gap between Miyazaki and the rest is just too large. Anime isn't really the type of thing where you can have these conversations.

Pleb list for not including Takahata.

>most of those directors are bad
If you believe this then you must only like 4-6 directors at best.

>not even rating Takahata
Just fuck off.

He's retired

I was trying to be inflammatory, mediocre would be a more appropriate word. Is liking 4 to 6 directors too little?

You know you didn't have to make such an elaborate thread just to shitpost Makoto Shinkai. You could have just called him a faggot.