I'm at 19 ep and I'm beyond mad

I'm at 19 ep and I'm beyond mad.

>Taiga is a bitch to MC
>MC get hit but it's okay
>MC is doing shitload of chores for her for kicks in the face, and insults but it's okay
>Only common interest is "How to get these other people to like us" and it's basically it
>90% of the time "Ryu you're mutt, Ryu idiot"
>Taiga have her father issues and stuff what is very important
>Ryu have his father issues but this is irrelevant fuck him whatever
>So overall he does all the things for getting kicked and insulted and something nice happens on occasion......Truly a real Love.
>Kyoshi is nice, she tries to help her friends and considers other before herself.....lol fuck her, we need to give her a breakdown.

Just end my suffering

Toradora is an embarrassment.

You're right that it's a tremendously overrated show.

It is often mentioned here and there so i figured what the heck, i can give it a try.

Only good thing to come out of this train wreck.

Well if it makes you feel any better her personality is really suppressed in the following episodes.

It's pretty staggering if you see the characters at the end vs. how the began. The "lets get our friends to hook up with us" thing is gone by episode three or so, really, other than a side thing.

It's a classic with genuine feels and also an unusual ending (for animu).

Eh I will finish it. Even despite the disappointment. It's just few eps i guess. But kushieda getting cucked and taking it for the team is beyond maddening.

Taiga is cute

CUTE

I wholeheartedly agree.

I dropped it after episode 1.

Ryuuji was literally asking for it though for not calling the police on her crazy midget ass on her first intrusion.

Kushieda was the character that irritated me the most by far. Always putting on a smile and always trying to preserve the status quo really annoyed me.
If she had just had the guts to either answer a clear "yes" or "no" to Ryu instead of the vague "don't ask me this" bullshit everyone would have been able to move on much faster.
I really like her in episode 23 though, which is my favorite episode.

I felt like everyone lost in this show.

Was an emotional rollercoaster though, I enjoyed it

>Muh anime isn't realistic

It's an exaggerated stereotype. How have non of you people heard of Tsunderes? How did you not know any of this going in? Are you all new here?

No, the show isn't for everyone. Though if you look past the Tsundere archetype the characters and development of them all feel really good. Ryuji knows that Tagia depends on him, but she doesn't want to always have to lean on him. Her whole character arc is her wanting to solve her own problems. She wants to be equal to Ryuji, not above or below. The state this in the first episode and the whole anime is about it. The Tiger and Dragon.

What did you want from it? You should know from looking at the box art that Minori and Ari are side characters. Minori also has a lot of development and her character is not forgotten about and all the characters have an important role and teach a different lesson.

Watch White Album 2 and Golden Time.

That was difficult to read and I'm not sure I fully grasp it. But yeah Taiga a cute bitch and Ami-chan a busty best girl.

Ami is the only one that understands that if you try to please everybody then you won't only hurt yourself, but you'll hurt them too.
Truly best girl.

ryu dies

Taiga supporting Minori despite her own feelings means that "she is letting other people stay in the way of her dreams".
Minori rejecting Taiga's support and instead support Taiga despite her own feelings means she is "carving her own path"
Somebody explain this.

There is a lot of truth and bullshit in this comment. Yes, anyone watching this and expecting anything other than Taiga and Ryuji getting together is retarded.

Then again, just the fact that you have to ignore the annoying tsundere antics just so the show can become watchable is basically proof that it is overrated garbage.

I'm okay with It being unrealistic. Problem is that in my eyes things that happend are unfair.Good characters are on the losing side. Characters that i see as deeply flawed get what they want.This is not something that i expected or wanted to see.

but it's the greatest love story ever told and shit, m8

Hi Max, u fucken weeb.

shut your mouth

Not that same user, but I just looked up White Album 2 and apparently its originally a visual novel. Usually VN anime adaptations are worse than the source material, is that the case here or is the anime better?

fucking this

>he hasn't gotten to the train wreck of an ending
OP i'd stop watching right now

wait until the ski trip lad
I think toradora is better when you know the ending but maybe thats me

Toradora may be a bit overrated but it was cute and had a few really sweet scenes that made it all worth it

Vending machine ghosts lolol shit man that was DEEP

One of the best romance anime out there, you guys need to pull that massive stick out of your asses. Sure as hell wasn't perfect and the end was kinda "what...?" but it certainly wasn't as bad as most people here say it is.

>all those flaws
>best romance anime out there
Romance sure is a shit genre huh?

>Romance sure is a shit genre huh?
It really is. It's probably because japs have a very weird view on "romance". Toradora is really realistic and down to earth if you compare it to most others of its kind.

I found the ending to be all over the place but the ski trip was where the story excelled. That part was almost perfect and did wonders for some of the characters in hindsight.

Okay finished

>kushieda gets rejected, is sad, but sucks it up........
>Ami arc is handed in a shitty way in like 2 minutes
>Taiga goes somewhere to become better, because becoming better here is not ok....Gets back and headbutts MC. Good change
>MC is like neutral all the time. But i liked his interaction with Yasu a bit
>oh yea Yasu arc was kinda good tho. I liked all that family subplot. Of course it was short and not expanded. Also not touched earlier. Because no good things for me.

So characters I generally like end up sad or rather bittersweet......

Now maybe someone gonna call me out for this opinion so i explain.

Yes I knew that MC gonna end up with Taiga. It was like 95% sure with cover and all. I picked it up expecting and wanting such story. Problem is that I ended up liking side characters more. Kushieda especially, and I kind of disliked Taiga at the beginning and it never really changed. So when I see her getting happy ending and not the character I liked I'm simply disappointed.

This how I would describe my experience with a show. Disappointment.

>kushieda gets rejected, is sad, but sucks it up........
I mean, considering you knew she would never win she did get a relatively decent ending. She really had a good moment when she confronted Ryo about his bullshit too.
>Ami arc is handed in a shitty way in like 2 minutes
Ami shines after her arc. Pushing the other characters to actually tell each other how they feel is what she does best.
>Taiga goes somewhere to become better, because becoming better here is not ok....Gets back and headbutts MC. Good change
Agree. Ending is a mess. There is way too much happening in the last two episodes. The scene at the bridge where all their suppressed emotions where supposed to be released also felt a bit underwhelming making the proposal feel a bit cheap to me.
>MC is like neutral all the time. But i liked his interaction with Yasu a bit
That's kind of the point, and people do call him out for that.

You do state yourself that you don't like Taiga much, and as long as that's the case you can't really like Toradora that much. Personally I found her to be fine after episode 3 or so.

>not wanting to be abused by cute tsundere loli

what a fag

>I mean, considering you knew she would never win she did get a relatively decent ending. She really had a good moment when she confronted Ryo about his bullshit too.
For me it was just sad watching this thing happening to her. Problem here is that I liked her more than Taiga I guess. Maybe it's just my specific taste. But this ruins it for me.
>Ami shines after her arc. Pushing the other characters to actually tell each other how they feel is what she does best.

When I meant her arc I was talking about quick "it's okay that you don't love me ryu" in the gym magazine. And he just goes "huh". She never really has a dialogue, she just monologues to herself mostly. It should be expanded IMO.

>Agree. Ending is a mess. There is way too much happening in the last two episodes. The scene at the bridge where all their suppressed emotions where supposed to be released also felt a bit underwhelming making the proposal feel a bit cheap to me.

Yeah it was the mess at the end.

>That's kind of the point, and people do call him out for that.

I hoped that he gonna be more active at the end. That his character will also change, but he have this moment with Yasu and the family and that's all I guess. But even tho he was ok i think. Not great but not unlikable.

>You do state yourself that you don't like Taiga much, and as long as that's the case you can't really like Toradora that much. Personally I found her to be fine after episode 3 or so.
yes this is the main problem. I don't want to sound like I'm stating that the show is an abomination or something.It doesn't work for me, but i can see someone liking it.

Disappointment comes from the fact that I picked such a story to lighten the mood and it done the opposite. But what can you do. Happens.

>Then again, just the fact that you have to ignore the annoying tsundere antics just so the show can become watchable is basically proof that it is overrated garbage.
>ignore
You shouldn't have to ignore it, they shouldn't be an issue for you unless you're new to anime and/or autistic to the point that you can't treat fiction separately from reality.

You have to be new to anime to NOT be pissed off by tsunderes, considering how formulaic and overused they are.

Just because someone is a tsundere doesn't mean they have to be bland characters.
Taiga's behavior during the ski trip is very atypical of tsunderes for example.

I can really see what you're saying OP, and to an extent I agree with you. But ultimately I think this series is mostly about these two people just slowly realizing their feelings, as cheesy as that may sound. Taiga readily admits that she's often confused about her emotions herself, which is why I think it takes her so long to realize her priorities in love have shifted

I personally rate Toradora an 8/10, I think the ending is lacking and some of the characters are meh, but I find it to be pretty genuine. I can see what you mean about characters acting irrationally, and this may be kind of a cliche answer but they ARE all teenagers. Sometimes they act stupidly and they don't really know what they want until it's right in their faces

Believe it or not, the reason archetypes hang around is because a lot of watchers aren't pissed off by them.

Also the archetypes were not as overused when it was being made

He stops acting like a bitch later on

It's a mediore story with tons of plot holes and bad writing. Sup Forums loves to use it as baby's first troll bait. It's ignorable otherwise.

Go fine translation of the psp VN which is much better if you enjoy any of the girls other than taiga.

I think Minori saw that Taiga and Ryuj were "meant for each other".

Although to be fair, most of us don't necessarily have someone we are meant for, and instead we just learn to adapt to each other.

Minori and Ryuj didn't interact nearly as well as both of them thought they would. But honestly, it's probably just because Taiga bumped into Ryuj at the right time and place while Minori didn't.

Yeah, but that alone's not enough to have them last and develop for 30+ years. If everyone who watched a lot of anime grew to hate tsundere, or harem MCs, or whatever, they would obviously stop being popular.

Show was more of a comedy for me in the first half, Taiga was annoying, and Ryuj was way too accepting of it. Ami was my favorite character for awhile. Kitamura was decent but living a lie.

Second half was much more serious, Taiga grew up some, Ryuj grew a pair, Ami matured but didn't really get happier, Kitamura accepted his true self and had the balls to tell his love, Minori realized she and Ryuj weren't meant for each other.
The ending was rushed, but the romance/comedy was really unique for Japan/anime. Some of the scenes were amazing and perfectly placed (skiing, Ryuj running to meet Minori and then Taiga, first kiss, and the locker).

All in all, it was a romantic comedy I haven't seen yet in anime. I wouldn't call it realistic, but it definitely resonated with my teenager self and I haven't found the same feeling since.

Oh and sometimes bittersweet endings are the best, OP user.