youtube.com/watch?v=IcrxaS0iCv8
youtube.com/watch?v=eE-_kNWJXNw
youtube.com/watch?v=ehmKsPWYttY
youtube.com/watch?v=ckMvj1piK58
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*toink*

>this plays

>youtube.com/watch?v=E1wcuoxs4mU

When they cut away to it, is that a sex reference?

It keeps tigers away.

I wanna get me one of these

*doink*

*di-duk*

Is this another epic shit thread you're going to make every day?

actually meant for deer/boar it's in the name

Are these suppose to simulate frog croaks?

I'm actually a different person than the last guy.

pictured: traditional japanese man contemplates the shame he has brought onto his family after watching Boku no Pico

YOOOOOOOOO

youtube.com/watch?v=kuJfNBmF5C0

bullshit, everyone knows that's an anti tiger devise

*clunk*

what the fuck are these stupid things anyways and how do they even work?

dud was going on in the tread

you put them in the yard to scare tigers away

No. It's meant to startle Herbivores (Deer,Boars and the like) and stop them from grazing the plants.

*tik*

fuck off, then yow do you explain the boars and deer in the island but the absolute lack of tigers?

*fart* ...oops, I mean *bonk*

I saw so many of these things in Takayama. They all had pumps though, how do they work traditionally?

*tuk*

>THERE ACTUALLY ARE NO TIGERS IN JAPAN

W-wat? HOW?

*biribiribiriririririririri*

flowing water gradually fills the bamboo tube which is mounted on an off-center pivot. When the water level reaches a certain point, the tube tips over and dumps out the water and goes *DONK*
It then tips back into position to be filled again.

I would love one of these for my backyard if they didn't immediately give away how much of a faggot I really am. and if I had a backyard

I think having a koi pond and a thing that goes donk would be perfectly acceptable and not raise any eyebrows unless you are surrounded by poor people.

*toonk*

>caring about other people's opinions

I mean why

There's a 'burb neighborhood somewhere where all the backyards have donkers, each of them donking at a different rate, all night, every night. Police are puzzled by the concentrated suicide rate.

I always imagined that noise is just saved as "cicada.mp3" on someone's computer and added as needed.

out skilled

*tak*

I was just talking about this the other day to a friend. Say I straight up stole Kyoani's cicada.mp3 sfx and used it in my for profit project. Who the fuck would know?
I suspect that there is only actually one cicada.mp3 and it's passed around like the wilhelm scream.

Because Japan is filled with watertippers. They don't dare getting close.

It all makes sense now.

If they don't like deer, why don't they use the white man's method of keeping a pet in the backyard?

I'm honestly curious, what is the purpose of these things?

*slish*

You put noodles on the top and use chopsticks to take them out all hot and steamy down the pipe

Japanese Scarecrow.

This is the superior garden ornament
youtube.com/watch?v=IcrxaS0iCv8

*ponk*

this is a make believe manga and both people in this fight have some unrealistic anatomy. But its worth noting why the dodge is the "Perfect" counter to the swordman's "part the river" swing. Normally an unarmed person would either have to back up, move to the left, or right. The slash is meant to, no matter what, force his opponent out of his center of balance by vertical bifurcation. But the defendant, does an impossible dodge that allows him to keep his center of balance AND not move. If the dodger was using a weapon, the swordsman would be in a terminal position right now.

WEEEEEEEEE-A-WEE-A-WEE-A-WEE-A-WEEEEEEEEE

EEP. EEP. EEP. EEP.

EEEHEEEEHEEEEHP.

* wiwiwwiwwwwiwiwww *
youtube.com/watch?v=eE-_kNWJXNw

No, It's WEEEHEEWEEHEEEHEEE

*criiiiii~ criiiiii*

Someone explain how water travels up and out of that.

Sounds exactly like a leaky urinal directly above a floor drain with no grate on it.

Same way water travels up any fountain: pressure.

Everyone already knows you're a faggot.

*ba-doink*

*donk*

Reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=ehmKsPWYttY

鹿威し shishi-odoshi

The kanji mean "deer intimidator", because deer are pussies, so something like this would work. You can't intimidate a tiger except with a bigger tiger.

Would a funhouse mirror work? Is that why tigers never go in funhouses?

Can you guys explain rock garden next. Is it just another form of modern "arts".
Was japan too advanced ?

You ever see a shishiodoshi run away, need food or get fleas?

Something something zen horseshit
They're supposed to be islands

What Fishmans song is that?

If you tend to your rock garden, eventually, it'll grow more rocks. Count them to be sure.

Nostalgic as fuck

They're weighted so that when empty the capped end is heavier, but as water pours in and fills them up the open end becomes heavier. So they tip over and empty out the water, which causes them to return back to the initial position and start filling again.

they look kinda ice

Dumbass, you can't grow more rocks unless you plant more rock seeds. The rocks just get bigger.

>You can't intimidate a tiger except with a bigger tiger

Then why don't they domesticate the biggest tigers?

Because the big tigers are all dead and there are less than 4,000 regular tigers left in the wild.

Came here to hopefully see this.

Thank you user.

*bow wow*

>not *wan wan*

Mfw I found out how much these costs..

It's just a bunch of sticks. Build one yourself

3 minutes of your own time to make one out of bamboo? the hardest part is having hydroponics in your backyard already

Someday, when I'm rich and not a faggot, I'll have one of this. Someday.

Extreme autism and love of work, so they replace a nice green garden with stones that need to be raked a lot and god forbid a bird lands in it.

>pictured: traditional japanese man contemplates the shame he has brought onto his family after watching Boku no Pico
and not being able to fap and cum to it.

Berry shaimufuru, disuonahooru sudoku!

*caw caw*

*donk*
youtube.com/watch?v=ckMvj1piK58

*bunk*

>every once in a while all the donks synchronize and the resulting DONK sets off someone's car alarm

They really should have been scared of more things.

to keep the tigers away from the deer eating your garden

Wait what.

I thought these things were put at the mouth of a small stream, as a fancy way of diverting the water. You mean people waste their energy pumping water up out of the ground just for this?

*caw caw*
*flutter*
*tree rustling*

*nookem*

*yaa gomen gomen*

This is the most stupid thing ever, what's the point? It does absolutely nothing of value at all!

The stream was diverted for it, the tipper itself was not a integral part of the device to divert the water.

As others mentioned, its originally just for keeping pests out of the garden. Now its a decoration for gardens.

I'm confused Sup Forums, what sound does this thing make?

you forgot your picture there

IT FUCKING LOOKS NICE

NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO HAVE A FUNCTION FOR FUCK SAKE