Just started Gunslinger Girl

Just started Gunslinger Girl
Feels like it could easily be an edgefest, but I'm dying for this kind of action/drama.
I dropped Jormungand because of the wasted potential in developing Jonah as a character.

Should I hang on? If not is there a series that hits these notes, but properly?
General /ak/ thread as well I suppose. Nothing jives better than anime girls and guns

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eIfZZ1cQZss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Has no one seen this or what?

It's all just edgy try hard crap with forced drama.

Save yourself the effort and drop it now.

Season 1 is great, Season 2 isn't so great, and is a brainless idiot.

It's been fairly predictable so far.
Killing the bellhop in a single episode took all the impact out of it.
But the level of dread and flatness in the characters is compelling
That and the dub is decent. So I may just have it run in another window while I work

>run in another window while I work
Please go.

The MC drives a fucking 911 cabrio
It's like this show is catering to my autistic hobbies directly
I'll give it my fullest until I have no reason to

Oh, fuck off.
I thought is was legitimately beautiful. It starts a little bit rough - if I recall the second episode is largely a rehash of the first, using the same footage (I presume this was a production deadline issue), but It had me in tears by the end. Legit science fiction of the "what does this scenario reveal of the human condition" variety. I recommend it. Dropped the second season halfway through the first episode when it became clear that whoever was doing it didn't understand what made the first season special, though.

it's cute girls NOT doing cute things

The OP is already a favorite.
The conversations between the girls alone hits you in the heart.

I really liked it. The music was very good.
It took sort of a premise that I would scoff at (Girl orphans recruited to become robotic assassins), and actually put some thought into it.
I was expecting more action, but instead got a slower show that it was much more suited for and that I much preferred.

The girls are sort of invincible, so having them focus on the more physiological/character side of things was much more interesting. The Girl and Handler relationships were also very good and interesting without ever feeling too cliche too.

I haven't seen the second season though, and it seems that I should avoid it.

read the manga

>So I may just have it run in another window while I work
Please do not post on Sup Forums.

Should i rewatch season 1 then read the manga wherever season 2 stops?

It's a great manga. The first few chapters (season 1) are mostly an introduction to the characters, then there's several missions and stuff throughout the story and the overarching plot is always building up in the background. The gunslinger girls' relationships with their handlers are explored and they are all unique and interesting. It's generally both really cool and kinda fucked up at the same time. Eventually the plot comes to a climax, then a denouement; the narrative is well constructed and tied up nicely (though the final chapter was a bit weak). The art improves significantly throughout the manga and is pretty great by the end. The setting (Italy) is really well depicted. Overall it's one of my favorite manga.

Season 1 is a really good adaption. The visuals and soundtrack are excellent and the direction is solid throughout. I didn't bother watching season 2 (I generally prefer manga) but it sounds like it's just OK, production values are lesser and that arc doesn't work as well as a standalone as the first season.

I'd like to hear from people who dislike Gunslinger Girl - what did you dislike about it?

The anime is beautiful and works well as a standalone. I recommend watching it, and then going through and reading the manga from the beginning.

Don't watch season 2.
Watch season 1 and then read the manga if you want continuation, but be warned, you will cry. A lot.

Is it weird that I find this show strangely comfy? This might be because I find early-mid 2000s anime in general comfy, no matter the genre.

>Dub
>Another window
>Work

Please leave this place.

The first season of the animu is much more grim than the mango. The second season takes the kawaii ugu a bit too far from the mango.

in the end, the mango is the better alternative

Also, one day i'll own an SBR'd PS90

youtube.com/watch?v=eIfZZ1cQZss

That's all