Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with isekai anime?

Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with isekai anime?

Sup Forums is full of underage plebs from MAL.
It can't be helped

But MAL hates isekai.

Sheer numbers of retarded people.
As a comparisong, even Sup Forums very rarely has actual threads with good taste, but what you see on the surface is pure garbage.

neo/a/

Because they're pic related in anime form.

It's what's in right now, back before complaining about high school battle harems was all the rage.

I thought VRMMOs were all the rage.

Those are also isekai.

>Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with isekai anime?
>picrelated is comedy and parody.
That is not how obsession works.
When arifureta anime airs we will take over.

So comedy or parody cannot be isekai, mr. genius?

While ironic shitposting and actual shitposting is still same shitposting, they are quite different.

>When Death March anime airs we will take over.
FTFY

Because anime is perfect for escapism, as is Sup Forums. Isekai is literally everything we want.

Speak for yourself you degenerate.

I'm only obsessed with big fat dicks.

I speak for the majority, not even for myself. FAGGOT.

Isekai is a setting and a trend, but not a genre, so they're not mutually exclusive. Neither series is a parody, either.

Konosuba is a pretty straightforward Isekai that differs by not taking itself seriously at all and by having been written by a very silly author. It's a comedy twist on the formula but not a parody, despite the occasional referential joke. (Similar jokes are present in pretty much any comedy work out there.)

Re:Zero is also just another twist on the standard isekai formula, but done by an author who's a bit edgy. It's not parody either, and I reject the "deconstruction" thing you hear thrown about so often, it's just a different take on the setting.

>Re:Zero
>parody
>comedy
???

>isekai is a genre
>VRMMO is an isekai
Every time.

It's a distraction from a deep down existential dread.

It's a comedy based on the theory that a series taking itself so ultra serial is nothing but a bad joke.

So instead of Allah, Sup Forums believes in catgirls and half-elves?

>want to die
>promice of a good afterlife with cute girls and adventure
kinda like the appeal of religion

pretty much

>be a sinner
>end up in hell with pure maidens like Vigne and Satania
>be virtuous
>end up in heaven with turbocunts like Gabriel and Raphael
I don't understand.

Main character is hilariously retarded. Secondary characters are walking caricatures and villains are lolsorandumxD evulz. And storytelling resembles some stoic stand-up comedian telling joke with stone face.

japs are trying to trick westerners into wanting to go to hell
and it's working

>some stoic stand-up comedian telling joke with stone face.
So Jimmy Carr?

both rezero and konosuba are shit. so dont worry much about it.

Because Japos can't into good angelic characters without making them mindless drones and excused homicidal jobbers. All hellish creatures are "I can understand feelings so I am more human, therefore better."

Bitch, there's a reason why you're a hellish creature. You cause evil and relish on negative emotions. That's you're sustenance.

Let's be honest here. Japan's introduction to Christianity was through missionaries crazy enough to travel across the world to tell short yellow people that their way of life was wrong. It also introduces concepts that are fundamentally wrong in their culture such as light being good and dark being bad and light should destroy dark. That kind of fucked up logic is pure insanity when you believe in the opposed but balanced struggle between Yin and Yang.

YHWH would effortlessly btfo the shinto """gods""" though

Doesn't matter, since they're both fictional characters anyways.

But can he defeat super saiyan prismatic angel shard Goku XI?

Fuck arifureta, it's hot ass. Comedy isekai are the future, Lazy dungeon master anime will solidify this.

Ah, right, Yang (black) is good and Yin (white) is bad to them. Well, if they're making this kind of comparison using the Christian faith as base for your characters, stick with the Christian faith.

Don't forget the generations of distortion that Christianity in Japan went through while it was banned and practiced in secret, too.

>Jesus had a brother that was crucified in his place
>Real Jesus died of old age in Japan
Makes me laugh every time

It's just a comedy, yo. Crazy christian fanatics are not a rare trope in Japan.

Father Anderson is fucking fantastic.

>Success of Knights and Magic will promt more narou authors to go mecha isekai that doesn't solely rely on mecha autism and has actual characters
I can't wait.

Why doesn't Takahashi Rie get more roles?

Why hasn't Shield Hero gotten an adaption yet?

>Lazy dungeon master
is shit.

So Muv Luv?

She's still pretty new. Before 2016 she was a literally who. Her big roles in 2015 were the slut from Comet Lucifer and Futaba from Sore ga Seiyuu. It's amazing how far she got in just one year.

It's incredibly ironic how Futaba exploded in popularity and left the other two in the dust.

Why is isekai considered as its own genre. All they have slightly in common is a single element, namely the backstory of the protagonist. Everything else is just a fantasy setting which varies a lot from show to show.

Everyone likes isekai.

It's easier to shitpost about it.

Ringo deserves better.

Just because it's a "comedy" doesn't mean it isn't an isekai dipshit. Dumb konosuba fag.

keit-ai

The point he's trying to make is that most popular isekai anime these days don't really have serious stories. They're just parodying the tropes of LN isekai, the real medium where Isekai is popular.

>Why is mecha considered its own genre. All they have slightly in common is a single element, namely that the protagonist pilots a giant robot. Everything else is just a sci-fi setting which varies a lot from show to show
>Why is magical girl considered its own genre. All they have slightly in common is a single element, namely that the protagonist is a girl who has magic powers. Everything else is just an urban fantasy setting which varies a lot from show to show
>Why is netotare considered its own genre. All they have slightly in common is a single element, namely that the protagonist is a beta cuck. Everything else is just a love story which varies a lot from show to show

>Overlord
>Log Horizon
>No Game No Life
>not playing the idea of isekai completely straight

And they're all shit.

so are konosuba and re:zero. what's your point?

You mean Japan

Overlord does not play anything straight.

I hate isekai with passion, but konosuba surprised me by actually being funny
and self aware

Idea:
A guy dies, reborns as player character in Not-VR MMO.
Everybody else are just players playing the game or NPCs.
Bonus points if MC never played mmos.
Extra bonus points if MC never played any games at all.
More extra bonus points if MC used to be old person, so he talks and thinks in different way than youngsters now.

>K-Konosuba is good guys!

And Alucard shits on everybody else, we know.

>faggot vampire
vs
>Omnipotent God that can destroy the Universe with a blink of an eye if he wanted to
Try again.

there are shinto gods that have powers similar to the christian god, they are simply not worshiped as gods of that level have no reason to interact with human beans

I was kind of ironical, though, they're all more or less fictional or uncorfirmed characters.

>God is fictional
don't make me kick your ass bitch.

I don't know how people can shit on isekai and then praise konosuba.

>I don't know how people can shit on a tired genre and then praise a show that parodies these tired conventions

truly a mystery

Like anywhere else this board talks about the popular anime more obviously, because it has more funs.

It's the same as any other isekai but it subverts tropes for laughs. Big fucking deal.

Some of the recent isekai anime were good.

If he is real, then it proves he is a huge asshole.

He made humanity to be capable of all that hsit what is happening now.

I like isekai and I want more.
I'm not sorry.
I will devour anything that has isekai in it.

That's far from all there is to the show, but whatever. Doesn't seem like discussing this would be fruitful.

That's pretty much the entire anime's shtick.

>Konosuba is a parody
Love this meme.

Start with Samurai Jack

But that's just time travel. Still a good idea to watch it, though.

But isekai have all of those. It has mecha, it has otome, it has adventure, netorare, senki, harem, triangle, comedy, parody and so on.

>time travel
Time travel is so hard the world doesn't look like previously at all.

Bonus
Season 5 is being aired

No, it's a sitcom. The entertainment and humour is derived from the cast of characters having chemistry and being funny just by being and acting around one another.

You can have works that fit into multiple genres you know.

Like a historical fantasy with mechas and a reverse harem.

>konosuba
>funny
good joke.

>anything that exists
>funny
your joke was also shit.

Because anime is already mostly escapism where life is awesome and all the girls in your life want your dick inexplicably . Isekai is simply taking that one step further.

>implying I cant enjoy it for the world building that makes me wet
Literally all I want from an Isekai is to the MC to keep exploring. The moment a "serious plot" that seems like it will be long hooks in is the moment that i'm most likely out.

Is Sup Forums really obsessed with isekai? It seems no one genuinely likes the works and I just see it get shit on all the time.

>Is Sup Forums really obsessed with isekai?
Not really. It's just a bunch of retards absolutely want to have an "isekai general" thread up 24/7 on Sup Forums.

because it's a good genre for people who enjoy anime with their brains turned off

I want to lick Emilia's anus.

An excuse to have an isekai general honestly.

>It seems no one genuinely likes the works
This is wrong. Though most peope who get into narou isekai want something you can't find in anime or manga medium, but honestly the narou stuff created their own specific cliches. Some are not fine with this and others just don't care.

Then you'll probably like Faraway Paladin especially after vol 1 once the adventure begins. Vermillion is also a good one.

This, its so comfy to just see the MC interact with the world, learn stuff and slowly grind. I always love the start of every isekai when its exactly like that, for example Kumo just exploring her dungeon.
But then they always have to put in some serious and mediocre plot to please plotfags and break the comfy and it goes to shit.

You need to watch more serious isekai like digimon or re zero.

>An excuse to have an isekai general honestly
>Konosuba/Re:Zero image
>GOD does anybody else fucking hate isekai? It's ALL the SAME SHIT
>that being said let's talk about some good isekai series
Every time.

>REEEE:Normies
>serious
Oh I am laffin