Why is sports the best genre for anime/manga?

Why is sports the best genre for anime/manga?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qguW7qj0t9c#t=15m15s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah

I said "why"

> no eyeshield 21

>no chihayafuru

because bold, high-risk, high-reward decision making is so exciting
youtube.com/watch?v=qguW7qj0t9c#t=15m15s

As I get older I prefer shounen esque/sports anime to everything else.

>watch the opening for Yawara!
>not a single thing hints at it being related to judo
Is it actually good?

Thats the minority tho, most are all the fucking same and completely mediocre

>No Akagi

Because sports seriss force a level of character development, and growth.

Because the people who write sports manga have an actual passion for the thing they're writing about. Its easy to look back at all the fun I had playing sports as a young man and apply that to a fictional story. Plus it just works well with the format. Animation can turn a simple play into something really intense and exciting.

I mean it's more focused on relationships I suppose, but Judo is the thing that ties them together.

Natural and realistic progression (from beginner to pro). Sports are played by a wide segment of society so more people can follow along and relate to it since its grounded in reality (even if it's presented in fantastic ways). The drama is multi-faceted since the protag has to battle against himself to become better as well as other players, sometimes even his family/friends/coach.

>cross game
it's a good love story that has nothing to do with sport practically

That's actually Touch. But it's an easy mistake.

>Because sports seriss force a level of character development, and growth.
Tell that to Hajime no Ippo.

Is Touch worth 101 episodes?

I enjoyed it. Reading the manga would be just as good, though.

touch is forgettable

>not posting the best basketball series ever
cool story, cucks

Would you say the same thing about Cross Game? Because I really liked that.

Yeah maybe I'll go that route.

I didnt read Cross Game, as for touch the story isnt impacting, it doesnt give you anything for you to remember it by. I didnt forget the main characters though, mainly because one of them dies and becomes a major driving force of the plot and they are all in general very frustrating.

they're the fucking same.

>mainly because one of them dies
wow fuck you for spoiling that

It doesn't attract retards like everything else.
Anyone like giant killing by the way?

>no Keijo

>No Sport shows for Spring.
>All out ending soon.
;_;

I remember.

Because it appeals to human passion!

happens pretty early on if i recall correctly and im pretty sure its in the summary for it

> it's an easy mistake
It's really not, the coloring on that image looks nothing like the Cross Game anime, and that hair is not modern, especially Minami's (which is completely different from Aoba's).

Because they are just great

One thing that was weird about Cross Game is that it was modern but not really. Things like cell phones and the internet only made very brief appearances, it felt like it jumped between 1980 and 2010 at random. The time setting really has no effect on the story at all.

I've been reading the one outs manga and every time tokuchi explains something my dick gets wet its amazing. I think sports anime/manga handle intensity and logical thinking a lot better than other genres some handle shonen troupes a lot better to they can get pretty hype. anybody read babysteps should I just read the manga or is it possible it could get another season.

I think Adachi just can't be bothered to fit in all this newfangled modern youth shit into his vision of schoolkid life. MIX also involves kids sending physical letters and an MC who doesn't own a phone (though his brother does).

H2 was always my favorite manga by Adachi. Followed by Rough.

Maybe for gays and fujo. Nice deflection though with posting mostly older shows without the extreme faggotry.

It's not the series' fault that it attracts a certain audience.

That's literally just some guy's list of favorite sports anime, which either he or someone else have now taken to using to start threads. It's not deflecting anything.

I want to make Hiromi stronger through bullying.

Adachi pisses me off

They are all same.

That's pretty weird.

His art I mean. Dude draws same people since forever.

I mean, at least it's memorable.

where the hell, is someone really taking the time to give her some new fanart?

I don't really have an issue with it. It works, and the characters in a given series are easily distinguishable from each other. Tezuka did the same shit.

Probably has something with it being boring.
The characters are just good at it and you don't feel the progress or them trying as much, unlike with what he listed.

Cross Game isn't about Baseball, either.

To be honest, Ping Pong really isn't about ping pong either.
It seems the best sports anime/manga use the sport as a vehicle to express character development/relationships etc.

That's not really limited to sports stuff, in my opinion.