What does Sup Forums think of the bible?

What does Sup Forums think of the bible?

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.org/program/last-days-jesus/
youtube.com/watch?v=g36D7BMCkpc
philipstallings.com/2015/06/the-biblical-flat-earth-teaching-from.html?m=1
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

a very good book

a jewish tool against the goys

God's word

Good toilet paper.

according to Luke, John etc

Bringing up the Bible on Sup Forums is a good way to really see how many 15 y.o. edgelords are really lurking among us.

the only ((jewish)) tool here is you

There is nothing more Jewish than hating Christ.

Yeah that john was quite the zionist huh

>Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

its great! grew up on it, very thankful for that. The feeling of being saved is a wonderful feeling. repent today and accept Jesus into your heart if you haven't!

this is my favorite passage Matthew 7:7-12 NIV

Ask, Seek, Knock

7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

>my (((people)))

this is why jesus the jew was killed
pbs.org/program/last-days-jesus/

>"which say they are Jews, and they are not"
that means that the synagogue of satan is the goyim acting like jews.
>AND THEY ARE NOT (jews)

what group today calls themselves jews and meet in a synagogue? (hint: jews)

To be honest, I think religion is created to not have to directly confront the fear of nonexistence. I think the Bible is the result of that fear. While it does teach good morals, I believe the teachings can be carried by man.

In fact, I hypothesize that the morals can be carried out just as healthily (if not more so) without a deity involved.

What do you think?

the only reason people believe in any religion is because of fear to question.

how's 7th grade going

The fear of nonexistence, actually. The fear to question is enforced through leaders in the religion, rather than the book itself.

the term "synagogue of satan" is clearly a metaphor. Why did you change the terms to "today".
do you understand my point though, that he is saying the metaphoric synagogue relates to fake jews "and are not real jews". Jesus is upset that the jews were not "real jews"?

Is there a Spanish equivalent to the King James version?

I know more about your religion than you Mr flat earth book

Christ hated the hypocrisy of the pharisees because they purposely mislead people and worshiped satan..Besides christ is king of the jews, and instituted the roman catholic church, so catholics are his people and the real jews, while this (fake) jews claim to be, but dont worship christ.

Not entirely sure. A quick tab-swap would clear that up though. Too lazy.

nothing factual

because revelation is prophetic, so the events are in the future
>I WILL make them of the synagogue...

I reject that it is metaphor. I just got an A in hermeneutics so you have to listen to me

highly unlikely, what are your credentials?

We'll, come now, the Bible has a lot of good teachings. Teachings that can be shared without religion.

so why is god/jesus so upset and constantly making everything about jews ("my people") since he knew 99% of them will deny him?

the reality of the matter is, the existence of physics already proves it's impossible for any diety to have control.

Pleb here. It seems really impressive when youtubers like Jordan Peterson, Vox Day, and Duke Pesta ramble on about it. Then I refer to my own bible and realize they've been waxing masturbatory sophistry over some biblical story that's only like 4 sentences long.

So I guess as a launch pad for philosophical conversation it's great, but it takes a certain type of autist to read 20 words in the bible and interpret it as an infinitely detailed roadmap towards your own personal spiritual fulfillment

Let's be serious for a second.

Religion, whether factual or fictitious, is a genius way to spread the ideals you have. Whether the ideals are to follow (a humans) commands (because they "speak what god wills" or something), they spread easily through the enforcement of religion.

This also leads to heated disputes, and even wars.

I personally believe the world would be better without religion ever existing (not now, though, it'd fall apart).

But, to return to the original idea, religion has good morals and ideals (mostly) that can be shared without religion, though not as easily.

does the bible insinuate the flat earth theory? yes or no

yes but not an argument

>be me
>start doing research on political events in history
>start doing research on history
>slowly but surely events throughout history and events going on today made me realize that the bible is a history book.

the bibles correct because it makes rational sense.
b-but modern (science) and (scientists) said so, so it must be correct, they would lie to us!!!

pic related is a literal meme on wheels
your average intellect.. DUUUURRRRR

he wrote an entire book (Revelations) which was completely useless for 2000 years?!

so you believe the Earth is flat I assume?

If you have to ask the intent of Revelation it sounds like you don't know more about my religion than me

well technically speaking your world can end at any moment.

It is a veiled allegory for truths deeper than the surface stories and has nothing to do with 99.99% of what 99.999999% of people think it does.

Your average bible reader thinks a story about a whale is a story about a whale, while Newton writes a 7200 page 14 volume analysis of encoded symbolism and predicts the date of the apocalypse. Goes to show. Noobs.

KJV perhaps because its missing 7 books. The Protestants took the Jewish version of the old Testatment. A lot of material in those books the Pharisees would hate. Duey Rheims B ible is legit and looks like a real Holy Book should.

thats a mason lie, the catholic church knew the earth was is a sphere, even greeks knew it, something with the measurement between an obelisk shadow and the sun..

Word of God

he did much of his work before the genetic disorder. You might as well go dig up the corpse of Newton, and say "these bones are your average intellectual".

can you please inform your fellow believer that the Bible does in fact insinuate the flat earth theory

but the things written in Revelations were in fact practically useless for the majority of people from the time it was written until at least today (assuming we are living in "the end times")

a series of long winded sticky notes

most of his bullshit was done before he became his final ultimate form .. you follow a literal handicapped retard.

Jesus can succ my ass

Firmament is solid, earth is God's footstool and set unmoving on pillars

catholicism is heresy

Scriptures concerning the nature of the heavens/sky above and their relationship to the earth:

Job 9:8 Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.

Job 22:14 (HCSB) Clouds veil Him so that He cannot see, as He walks on the circle of the sky.

Job 37:18 Hast thou with him spread out the sky, which is strong, and as a molten looking glass?
Genesis 1:

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Psalm 104:

1 Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.

2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:
Proverbs 8:27 (ESV) When He established the heavens, I was there, When He inscribed a circle on the face of the deep.
Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

his physical disability did not impair him. What does that say about your contributions to society considering you're completely normal physically.

at least you're honest.. I don't intend to get a denomination war going but he doesn't know the teachings very well

says the heretic, bruh go study some tradtional catholic theology before posting heresy, the earth is round the church has already confirmed this.

the way the bible uses language and memes makes it a deeply educational thing to study. It's historical and cultural impacts makes it a deeply important thing to study.

Just don't be irrational about it. It IS the literal word of god. the problem is, most people don't know what that actually means.

the Earth is round but the Bible says it's not. Either provide proof that those verses are inaccurate or you are technically the heretic. It doesn't matter what the Church changes about God's word, it's not God's word than, it's the Church's

Contributing heresy, doesn't mean shit..
keep following your handiecaped looking god, and i'll follow mine!

>the church says so
If my pastor said it he'd be wrong too, the bible is the ultimate authority

Hawking literally has contributed nothing to society apart from easily debunked theories bordering on schizophrenic insanity that would have been laughed the hell out the door by the likes of einstein or tesla.

Oh and atheism. He has contributed atheism

I'm agnostic and I don't agree with him on everything (Hawking). I don't understand what your obsession is with him, easy target maybe

muh talking snake

why is everyone obessed with Hawking ITT?!
Usually it's Darwin that gets people going

That its true ! Praise Christ !

>The church that Christ himself instituted says so
Your pastor will always be wrong because hes a heretic, the bible is the ultimate authority, and the holy ghost through the saints and popes interpreted it.
youtube.com/watch?v=g36D7BMCkpc

that was clearly a metaphor user but you could point to many literal fallacies (creation process, flood myth etc)

What makes the creation story a metaphor, "modern science disproves it"?

>taking things literally
go eat some more glue, you numpty

oh, though hes was considered the modern mans smartest.. go wheels, also agnositcism is condemned user.
That was possessed by the fucking devil himself, some crazy shit is bound to happen with that creep around.

I understand, I believe in a spherical earth. The bible however clearly mentions dozens of times points insinuating flat earth concepts.
my point was that you claim to believe the bible but believe in contradictory ideas (spherical earth)

you can't find one passage in the bible regarding a spherical earth.

sounds gay

Cite me a few verses, my good fedora?

If it wasn't treated so damn serious most of the time, the stories are pretty funny and have a lot to say about the world you live in. There's plenty of good lessons that you can take from it, but if you consume enough non-degenerate literature you'll get the same stories and lessons, just told better. It's better to read when you're older and in need of guidance when you're getting shit on by life. Just don't become a filthy Catholic or Proddy.

no, I said the guys post about talking snakes was a metaphor I said the creation etc were literal

let's begin,
the physical Sun/moon as we know today were created on the 4th day while vegetation which requires the Sun's energy source for existence (photosynthesis) ... was created and existed on the 3rd day

tldr : Plants could logically come before the creation/formation of the Sun (but the bible states it did)

Sup Forums is looking high energy tonight

give me them verses, ill use a catholic bible to interpret this.

I thought "literal fallacy" implied a belief that the creation narrative was metaphor, to include the snake in the garden

Why do you think the snake speaking is metaphorical? Nothing in the text implies this

read that he's a true believer. Since you think it's non believers making things up.

oh and here
philipstallings.com/2015/06/the-biblical-flat-earth-teaching-from.html?m=1

in the link

It has many good lessons in it, but they're obscured by a pile of shit.

I guess I assumed ..lol (you technically are correct that there's nothing in that passage about it being a metaphor)
I mean, that's probably the most contentious debate in all religions really, what's metaphoric and what's literal.

Yeah I don't understand this. The NT was composed in Greek, by apostles living in culturally Greek areas like Ephesus. The Greeks knew about the Earth being round because Orpheus likened it to a ball and Eratosthenes guessed the size of Earth on the premise it was round. I don't know if there were all that many flat Earther during NT times but in OT maybe?

pile of shits modernism and its lies.
verses pls, links not giving

LONDON

"to interpret" ..uhm that's not how "belief" works. Either you believe it's literal or you are the luke warm spoken of in the Bible.

say the verses already

>"to interpret" ..uhm that's not how "belief" works. Either you believe it's literal or you are the luke warm spoken of in the Bible.
The Bible isn't a textbook. It's part history, part philosophy, part genealogy,and yes it has what can only be termed "childrens tales"(be respectful or that bald guy might call upon the wrath of God!). There's nothing wrong with that. In fact it's a good thing.

it's not my subjective interpretation, its the holy ghosts, and how god interprets, is how it goes.

Badly written fiction

Nice book, as a reading material

"He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved. (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 104:5)"
"The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty; the LORD is robed in majesty and is armed with strength. The world [The deceiving translators should've said "earth", not "world"] is firmly established; it cannot be moved. (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 93:1)"

"Say among the nations, "The LORD reigns." The world [Again, the deceiving translators should've said "earth", not "world"] is firmly established, it cannot be moved; he will judge the peoples with equity. (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 96:10)"
"The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises. (From the NIV Bible, Ecclesiastes 1:5)"

that it might take the earth by the edges and shake the wicked out of it? (From the NIV Bible, Job 38:13)"

"He unleashes his lightning beneath the whole heaven and sends it to the ends of the earth. (From the NIV Bible, Job 37:3)"

"for he views the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens. (From the NIV Bible, Job 28:24)"

"Their measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea. (From the NIV Bible, Job 11:9)"

it doesn't take much research unless you fear what you find

Read it when I was in elementary school, decided not to follow any of the abrahamistic religions. God and the jews are all petty savages in the old testament. Jesus' teachings were a force of good in the new testament, but then Paul went and corrupted his legacy.

My memories are pretty hazy concerning the rest of the book, but I remember thinking that the book of revelations was pretty cool.

Funnu tales

well, I guess I misunderstood you then because you appeared to say you'd be interpreting the bible.

if you want to answer, if God created the vegetation before the Sun, how did the vegetation survive without photosynthesis? Also, astronomically speaking, how do you answer the questions surrounding the evolution of a solar system, ( a star is formed and from the remaining matter, planets after*)

old testament is madness

new testament is manipulated and tells an incomplete story after the council of Nicaea.

Most successful meme of all time

ultimately I think it was good people finding good things in a misguided and very factually inaccurate (in terms of science) collection of books. Good people exist without teachings.

The reason I think all religions (that are taken literally) should be eliminated is because evil people have divine inspiration/justification they are good/doing "God's work"
such as this en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War

There is nothing more Jewish than Christ.

who would of thought flat earth would have silenced religious discussions?!

take care anons, have a blessed new year and wish everyone happiness/progress

and yes I know the intent of Revelations (to let his followers know when the end of days is upon them).
except Revelations was really in regards to the Roman destruction of the Temple of the jews.

The worst collection of novels I've ever seen with predictable endings and twists that would make Shyamalan blush.