Netflix Devilman is Devilman: Crybaby

Directed by Yuasa. This more than makes up for Vs. 009 being watered down slop.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iyO6hdw6IzU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtu.be/iyO6hdw6IzU

PV

>Devilman
>Masaaki Yuasa
>Ichiro Okouchi
>Netflix

>Vs. 009 being watered down slop
Fuck you, the 009 crossover was fantastic. Sorry it didn't have enough demons ripping off titties and eating them for you.

What the hell? Source?

>the 009 crossover was fantastic
I love this meme

The video.

Devilman May Cry

I thought it was gonna be live action? Or did I dream that?

Are you fucking retarded?

The format was never stated, people just assumed it was live action because of Netflix.

Please save anime, PLEASE

Don't feel safe posting here, The menace busterbeam is lurking. I'm frankly shook.

>Yuasa for Devilman
Why such a bizarre decision? This was a project for Imagawa. Or even Imaishi.

Yuasa is more talented, so they chose him. Also I'm pretty confident in his ability to follow the artstyle of the original comic.

Netflix saving anime as usual

>a full adaptation of Devilman
>the last volume will have an adaptation
>by Yuasa

best anime ever

please say 2 cour and my dick is hard!

Is this a movie or a series?

>— Oshiyama and Yuasa are currently working on what seems to be a TV series, to be announced sometime in March (likely at AnimeJapan). They wouldn’t be surprised if it were rated R considering all the sexual content in it.
Presumably this is what they were talking about.

I don't think this'll be a straight adaptation of the manga.

>Imagawa
kek
>Imaishi
If you want a caricature of the source material, yeah.

In that single video I see more of the spirit of Devilman's visual inclinations than in anything both those directors have worked on. I believe in Yuasa.

>Yuasa
>Ōkouchi
Just another pretentious trainwreck. Move along folks.

stick to the same old slice of life.

It was okay. Worse amines exist with bigger budgets.

>gaijin streaming service is trying to save anime

>Yuasa Devilman
THIS IS WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR ALL MY FUCKING LIFE

>not watching both
You're a bigger pleb than he is.

There are people on Sup Forums depraved to the point of shitting on Imagawa? Jesus.

Don't forget
>Crybaby

What in the literal fuck.

The last Go Nagai adaptation was Cutie Honey Tears.

Did Nagai go full emo or what?

But will Ryo be in it?

>more yuasa overrated garbage
T-thanks

>What is space dandy
>FLCL s2
>Blame! anime

By the way, what the fuck happened with Perfect Bones? That was announced a year ago and we haven't even seen a key visual, let alone a trailer or release date.

So is it going to be as shit as Flip Flappers or with Yuasa in charge Oshiyama will not be able to ruin it?

I'm not shitting on him sperg, but what exactly are you hoping from him in 2017?

No Nagisaposting allowed.

>tfw you fucking love devilman but you hate yuasas shitty pretentious trash series.
fuck.

Faggots detected

>Crybaby

Go back to your maidragon thread please

>This more than makes up for Vs. 009 being watered down
If you consider it as a Cyborg 009 anime, it's perfectly fine.

It wouldn't feel fair if Devilman was the main show. Remember, Nagai was an assistant to Ishinomori, so the sensei should obviously have his work be put in the lime light before the kohai.

Jun Kawagoe understood that and gave us a wonderful 009 OVA.

>What is space dandy
Anime of the century.
>FLCL s2
It's going to be garbage.
>Blame! anime
It could be either the savior of anime or a shitty half-assed CGI adaptation.

Ōkouchi's obsession with ruining the main character's life will actually probably be a good thing this time around.

Francois is an underrated cywaifu

Why don't any modern 009 anime try to capture the appeal of Ishinomori's original art?

Pretentious =/= shit that doesnt look like generic shit

Why do I not have any hope?
>as shit as Flip Flappers
Fuck you

Why, do you think the inability of having one of his usual projects with zero commercial appeal funded for years somehow made him lose his talent?
And judging from the rest of your post, you believe he is not capable of capturing the spirit of Nagai, which is just ridiculous.

>What is space dandy
Random nonsense
>FLCL s2
Sequel to an arthouse passion project done by different people. It's gonna be shit.
>Blame!
The manga is a turd and only Oshii polished a turd into gold thus far.

It's funny that these "mature" anime fans always use the same argument. You're all a joke, just like Yuasa and his shows.

>filthy gaijins meddling with anime
That's it, anime is over.
Weren't two nukes enough? Why are you also corrupting and taking anime away from us?

I don't think Imagawa fits Devilman.

Imagawa's stuff almost always goes to shit during the second half I don't understand why /m/ loves sucking him off so much.

They did for the 2001 anime.

>pretentious
>messages are ultra simple and straightforward

Ded director, deal with it. I'll eat my words when he makes a comeback, until then you can keep masturbating to decades old work and what ifs wishful thinking.

Because the 2001 show did it better than anyone ever will. Just look at how thick the outlines are, it's fucking glorious

Not too impressed with Yuasa's recent adventures to be honest. Let's see what actually comes to fruition but I have a feeling it's not gonna be too good.

does ryo ever show up in the toei series?

Yeah, I know. That's also 16 years ago, not exactly all that modern.

Holy shit. Anime has been saved.

Because business. They see a potential market and they are investing in it.
Streaming and online shows seem to be the future.
You have amazon funding stuff, just like Netflix is doing with shows and movies or YouTube with youtube red (even if their work sucks).

Besides, foreign people financing anime is not that uncommon. Italy recently funded the new Lupin show.

I wanted Imagawa for this. I think his slow paced style can really work with a series like Devilman.

Devilman is an old manga, so there wasn't a lot of padding and dragging out back then. Things just kind of happened.

Imagawa would provide the padding it needs so that the scenes can be more impactful, while also showing us what the characters are going through, and something like that has only been expanded in newer Devilman novels and manga.

fuck
its cg

>The manga is a turd

I was with you for most of this post but you just went too far.

MY FATHER DIED

I haven't actually read blame. :^)

When the fuck did that page become a meme?

And it shows. Go read it and culture yourself instead of spouting uninformed shit on an image board.

Especially when "oh this, it's drugs?" and basement full of hippies are much funnier.

I'll post those afterwards. I haven't done this in a while, so my collection might be outdated.

Cool tumblr reposts no one has ever seen before. We really need those in every Devilman thread.

>be Go
>your break out hit is a smut manga
>the next generation of mangaka/directors grows up reading your dreck
>you become an acclaimed author

Sorry I'll stop.

Have some cool Devilman pictures instead.

MANIME IS BACK

I'm a huge Devilman fag. I never watched anything by this Yuasa guy. Is there cause for concern or is the property in good hands?

The fact that its yuasa bringing it back gives me big ol man boner

Hes great at visual representation

Italy fucking loves Lupin though
Honestly, I don't know why Netflix would support something like Devilman, no one knows what Devilman is over here. And why call it Crybaby? That's a shit name.