Actually Contributing to and Improving the World

So I'm curious - since this board is all about how certain things are destroying culture, the world, pragmaticism, reason et al. ; how many of you are actually trying to improve the world around you? How many of you are professionals that put up with the drudge in order to improve the lives of those you care for?

I doubt it's many of you since the groupthink tends to go towards rejecting institution based on the rotten apples at the top.

It's too far gone, trying to "better" it will get ya nipped by collective karma because doing good for bad equals bad. Want to make the world a better place? Burn it to the ground.

I work serving food to kids in a private christian school

I do absolutely nothing other than great these children and play the friendly NPC who cares about the fact that they are eating better then I ever had in any school I went to.

I honestly can't do anything else other than work a shitty job and make minimum wage. I don't care about life. I don't care about anything.

What is actually out there? Honestly. What is the divine principle I haven't noticed or the thing I'm missing?

None of it gives me any real lasting joy or satisfaction. Nothing. I just exist. Everyone talks about being amazing and famous and its pointless. Useless.

I don't give a fuck about this place and it doesn't give a fuck about you. It just wants to exploit you till your dead.

embarrassing

you're doing a good thing, how can you not be satisfied?

I won't go into it too much but you lack self-awareness my friend. You /really/ can't do anything else? You have weighed the millions of options you have living in the USA and you cannot find even one alternative? There is nothing out there, there never has. You have to make it. And lasting joy / satisfaction is your own problem, not the world's - how can you be so devoid of intellectual stimuli that you cannot understand this? My friend, find yourself a discipline and earn some respect from others who work hard. You're doing it for the 1% that makes it worth it, not the 99% that is looking to hurt you.

Fpbp

I do contribute and I do it for free.

>29
>homeowner
>married
>child on the way
>work at contracting/consulting firm for 120k/yr
>entire job is keeping software development team on track with projects
>projects are entirely for US Government agencies (none of the glow in the dark variety)
>spend all day staring into the abyss that is bureaucracy
>I'm just trying to make things good for my son that's on the way and keeping my eyes open for whatever is coming next in US politics
>kind of hoping there is a happening around here to break this bleak drudgery, kind of hoping there isn't cause it would be dangerous for my young family at the moment

>I do contribute and I do it for free.

Hear hear.

I'd love to get paid for posting, but we all know the jews aren't going to let that happen.

I'm moving to Russia soon and intend to sign up as a volunteer for HIV awareness or whatever help is needed especially for the youth. I'm doing the same thing here in my country. This is not a huge thing but this is the best I can do at least for now.

You improve the world by improving your life.

Sadly this is the case
I've been working as an independent for a while now and now I certain that our current society is full of entitled spoiled selfish hypocrite assholes. There are four options left.
Either there will be a massive general starvation, a natural disaster (including an explosion of a nuclear power plant), a war or a disease (like the Spanish flu).
Either way I'm sick and tired of this fucked up world where elementary politeness is a foreign concept.
I'm in a constant struggle between killing myself or everyone else.
So you're right, wanna change the world, blow it up.

While all of this is basically true, it's no reason to be frustrated as soon as you abandon the notions of having to be amazing and famous. Everyone is an NPC in everyone's life but their own. Very few people get to be famous, and those who are don't seem to be more satisfied in the long run. There is nothing out there. No divine principle. There's always just you and, if you give a shit, meaningful relationships to people around you. And that's okay. (Read: "Homo Deus" by Yuval Harari. Or don't. But do! It's interesting!)

you are better off sipping your iced coffee and discussing communism in a mall starbucks, libshit

Burgernigger you didn't need to improve anything, you've had perfect country with all rules precisly described by your founding fathers....

but you've fucked it up, and this process started in 1913 with single earlier episodes like giving citizen rights to niggers instead of sending them back to a company that tricked you into buying this useless shit .

now you don't need to improve the world around you, all you need to bring your country to a state it was at around 150-200 years ago

You are fucking useless garbage

Kill yourself my man, you're too far gone to do anything worthwhile

Obviously doesn't have a strong understanding of us history. Opinion discarded.

Its not lack of intellectual stimulation, its an excess. I am going back to school but only for reasons that honestly have changed my life. I know you wouldn't believe me but after I have learned what I have learned i believe there is no God. No heaven. No hell. I do not believe in good or evil. I believe much of western thought is based in the same lack of understanding that we hold now. I believe we are nothing but animals and there is no divinity to us. Now or ever.

I used to go my life like you believing that there was true good in the world. Now I see nothing but a war for your heart, your mind, your hands. Your soul.

This guy. This is the everyman. This is who we are told to be. To provide for others while we can't even provide for ourselves anymore because we are not ourselves. We are a body. Each person a cell. And any cell that lives while not working is cancer. Everyone wants for everything and nothing. Its like there is this mental sickness everywhere I go.

Everyone wants to make you into something. They always demand to know how you are going to make themselves useful. Like they did it for you so you should do it for them and the next.

All the while the boarders close in. Things just blur together. Its all so useless. I know that absolutely nothing will cure me of this. There is no redemption when there is nothing to redeem.

I am absolutely nothing. I don't like any of this. I don't want to be here. I just want it gone.

I don't want to live here. I want to leave. They won't let me. There is no where to go. No frontier. No new land. No place.

So I just start digging holes into the ground.

Thats not the point.

The point is that even being famous is pointless. I eat shit, move shit, make shit. Then I become shit. That is life.

I am completely unmotivated to do really anything. I just don't really care and I wish I could just leave.

Your philosophy is comically juvenille. Since you are going back to school, do yourself a favor and pick up several volumes of literature, because you are so uninitiated it's rotting your brain and thought process.

Would it surprise you to know that everything in your post is nothing more than a reiteration of what has been thought ad nauseam? It borders on the infuriating because you are so convinced that what you think is some sort of postulate, when it in fact is nothing more than the platitude of the ignorant man.

Take this sentence for example:
>The point is that even being famous is pointless. I eat shit, move shit, make shit. Then I become shit. That is life.

You are so convinced that you have understood life, unbeknownst to you that, though there is some semblance of accuracy in what you said, it is nothing new. Better humans than you have lived knowing that as their base line philosophy, yet achieved much more. Why? Because they weren't cowards like you, masquerading under an effigy of "truth" that is nothing short of a false prophet.

Read a book man, you are drowning in a kiddie pool of knowledge, when there are entire oceans of thought you have not even begun to grasp. Otherwise, if you're content with being an ignoramus who knows nothing yet pretends to know everything, go ahead, die an unhappy creature of pure stupidity.

the system is largely too far gone, and the world is on the eve of another major war, ww3, the apocalypse, etc.

best things you can do to help people improve is stress the value of clean food and clean water, especially as things break down.

I have a day job but it's just a paycheck. the real challenge now is just survival

>since the groupthink tends to go towards rejecting institution based on the rotten apples at the top

More buttpained projection?

>hurr the economy is up and things are more liberal every day

>fuck Zrumpf! burn Amerikkka!

Whereas

>the government is corrupt and Obama is a fascist anti-constitutionalist

>better vote in someone good to this institution

>So I'm curious - since this board is all about how certain things are destroying culture, the world, pragmaticism, reason et al.

Spelling is missing from the list intentionally I assume.

pragmatism (prăgˈmə-tĭzˌəm)►

n.
Philosophy A movement consisting of varying but associated theories, originally developed by Charles S. Peirce and William James and distinguished by the doctrine that the meaning of an idea or a proposition lies in its observable practical consequences.
n.
A practical, matter-of-fact way of approaching or assessing situations or of solving problems.

>talks about pojection
>projects partisan bullshit into my posts
>kekistan flag

never said anything even remotely like that you giant faggot

thanks!

But, it's literal fact that you're a pathetic moron who claimed "the [pol] groupthink tends to go towards rejecting institution based on the rotten apples at the top" when that's the opposite of what happened.

Are you having a stroke?