You are not saved by faith alone

You need both works and faith to be saved, protestant-anons.
James 14:18
>14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?
>15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food.
>16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
>18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.
>19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.
Even demons believe in God, as the passage says, and they certainly aren't saved.

Many protestants like to quote Galatians 2:16("know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ.") but this refers to the Jewish Law of the Old Testament that Jesus Christ fulfilled. This just means you don't have to get circumcised and you can eat pork, etc. This letter was sent in the context that many Jewish converts to Christianity believed that the Gentile converts should be circumcised and follow Jewish law.

Other protestants quote Ephesians 2:8(“For by grace you have been saved THROUGH THE FAITH [διὰ τῆς πίστεως]. And this is not from yourselves; it is the gift of God.”) but this verse actually refers to baptism. This is evident when you compare this verse to Colossians 2:12(“… having been buried with him in BAPTISM, BY WHICH you were also raised with him THROUGH THE FAITH [διὰ τῆς πίστεως]…”)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-dpDD0_7tj4
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
youtube.com/watch?v=lxzBn4ba-hA
youtu.be/dpstkZM7sts?t=5m3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Listen to your conscience instead of kike laws is the only way to save yourself

that's what Jesus said

Jesus did not teach disobedience to the Moral Law of the Hebrew Laws.

Not true retard. He said not to follow kike laws but he said you still needed works. Read James 2:14-18, you need good deeds and to be a good person to go to Heaven. Faith alone cannot save you, as it says even demons believe in God but they certainly aren't saved.

He said the Jewish Laws have been fulfilled.

I have stood against the lies and wickedness in our society, at great personal cost. I wish more people were like me.

The loyal remnant who hold Christ's faith in the End Times will be persecuted severely, but you are still privileged to know Christ as the masses do not. One day all your persecutors will be humbled before you:
>Revelations 3:9 "I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you."

Living faith saves you, but faith not followed by deeds is dead.

Mathew 19
>16 And behold, a man came up to him, saying, “Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?” 17 And he said to him, “Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said to him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, 19 Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 20 The young man said to him, “All these I have kept. What do I still lack?” 21 Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” 22 When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

Mathew 7
>21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Don't follow the false teachings of Saul the Saint Slayer.

What did you just fucking say, you little bitch

You can't just pick and choose what parts of the Bible you like. You're right in that you need to follow the commandments to be saved, but you can't just dismiss Paul entirely.

Good works are downstream of Faith.

>James 2:24-26
"26 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. 25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."
>Romans 1:17
"17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith."

There are many more verses implicating the sentiment that nothing can please God without faith, and Jesus was often lamenting the lack of faith in his disciples, yet we are called to engage in good works.

The main point here is that works are downstream & derivative of faith. As humans, tainted by the effects of sin (which is defined as the “transgression of the law” in 1 John 3:4) no good work we can offer will be enough to atone for the debt of sin, which is death – only Christ’s innocent blood will suffice, and we accept this redemptive gift by way of faith.
When you come into earnest relationship with Christ, your character is transformed, wholly – you move away from your former state of Satanic carnality ruled over by the baser instincts of the flesh and are born again in the spirit – “good works” are a fruit of a transformed character by way of faith, works are sign of your transformation.
If you have the faith of Christ your character will grow ever-closer in conformity with His, and you will begin engaging in good works as the desire to be “good and christ-like” becomes intrinsic to your character. Works alone are worthless & “faith” without the accompanying works is phony and a sign that you lack “true faith”.

youtube.com/watch?v=-dpDD0_7tj4

>History of the Reformation & Catholic Heresy
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0

on the atonement, faith/works relationship
youtube.com/watch?v=lxzBn4ba-hA

Saul's teachings are poison. Peter walked with Jesus. Peter heard Jesus teach the Law. Peter worked miracles.

The throne of God is sapphire, as were the tablets. Which is why God told the Israelite in Numbers 15
>37 The Lord said to Moses, 38 “Speak to the people of Israel, and tell them to make tassels on the corners of their garments throughout their generations, and to put a cord of blue on the tassel of each corner. 39 And it shall be a tassel for you to look at and remember all the commandments of the Lord, to do them, not to follow[a] after your own heart and your own eyes, which you are inclined to whore after.

And what does the whore of Babylon wear in Revelation 17?
>17: And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication.

The priest uniform was Scarlet, Gold, Red and Blue. The colors of the tabernacle were Scarlet, Gold, Red and Blue. The whore leaves out the Blue. A woman in the symbolism of the Bible is a Church. A whore is a woman/church with no Law.

Revelations was written by John against Saul's new whore of a Church.

>but this refers to the Jewish Law of the Old Testament that Jesus Christ fulfilled. This just means you don't have to get circumcised and you can eat pork, etc. This letter was sent in the context that many Jewish converts to Christianity believed that the Gentile converts should be circumcised and follow Jewish law.

OP, The "Law of Moses" is distinct from the "Law of God"
10 Commandments are eternal & unchanging (Law of God)
the ordinances of Moses were temporary and ended at the cross

proof in pic

Ephesians 2:8-9 destroys op's misunderstanding of james as he addressed the brethren.

For by grace are ye saved by faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast.

OP is a novice that fails to see James address the brethren aka the already saved at the start of each chapte. Op fails to see that faith being alone is still there but it is dead. Great example is when a Christian backslides and falls into sin. They are still going to heaven but their faith is as dead at the time.

God made a covenant with Noah that applies to all mankind. Every time you see a rainbow (non-faggot kind) you should be reminded of the covenant. We get to eat whatever we want so long as there is no blood in it but we cannot murder, blasphemy God, simple stuff. The book of Jubilees adds fornication.

God made a covenant with the Israelites for the Holy Land, not because they were they themselves were righteous but because the inhabitants of Canaan were so bad.(Deut 9).

All of the legalism only applies to the Jews as payment for the Holy Land.

You're not saved by faith or works...

NOTHING you can do well save you, only what He did.

Ok so I can be a good person without following your globalist cabal

Saul was not Jesus and he was not Peter. He performed no miracles himself because he was a fraud. See
and
You have to understand that Jesus' teachings are greater than Saul's scribblings. Paul never met Jesus to hear his words. Yet he seems to think his teachings trump those of Jesus. He even says in Galations 1:8 that what he writes is above what the angels of God will say
>But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.
You have to see how corrupt Saul is, using "We" as a lie to speak for himself. He assumes a position over the Angels, Jesus and God.

You are saved by Christ.
Any other point can be theologically interesting but is not a real problem.
AND NOW, STOP FUCKING DIVIDING.

>all this legalism
we need to stop erroneously conflating the "Law of God" and the "law of Moses"

Of what "law" does 1 John 3:4 speak of, "4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." – recall the distinctions I note between the "law of Moses" or the "Law of God" in Of what "law" does Jesus speak of in the following,
> Matthew 5:17-18 that, “17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."
Furthermore,
>Matthew 22:36-40 “36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”
Jesus Himself in this statement reaffirms that the Law of the 10 commandments is the Law of love, delineating how we are to properly love God and love our neighbor – the first four commandments of the Law explain how we are to relate to and show our love God with all our heart, soul, and mind, while the last six commandments of the Law show how we are to love our neighbors – "40 On these two commandments" (Love God & Love your neighbor) "hang all the law and the prophets" (10 commandments).

The entire crisis on the planet is due to the existence of sin, the entire reason we require a Savior is because of sin, we cannot know sin without a standard defining it, the 10 commandments serve as this standard, again see previous post.

>simple lecture on the status of the "Law" (skip to 5 mins)
youtu.be/dpstkZM7sts?t=5m3s