1. the shonen trope you hate the most

1. the shonen trope you hate the most
2. the shonen trope you love the most
3-4. examples of both in Hero Academia

1. Every girl that's introduced is immediately attracted to the MC

2. Hot-blooded childhood rivalries

3-4. No examples necessary

>the shonen trope you hate the most
Forced romance. For example, Ochaka and Deku.
>the shonen trope you love the most
Boys I want to bang. For example, Bakugou, but also Kaminari.

1. Character arcs that go nowhere
2. Character has a set of ideals and follows them, even if it makes things hard on themselves.

1. Breaking the limit
All might vs. Noumu, All might vs. All for One, Deku vs. Muscleman

2. Antagonists giving MC free pass and going away because they felt his POTENTIAL
None that I can really think of, all the villains that fought MC tried to kill him, not like HxH where it's literally in every single arc.

1. MC is usually retarded or dense as fuck. Or the "friendship will save all" garbage.

2. The MC has balls and is unafraid to do shit

Oh wait, I mixed them up, first one is the one I love and second is the one I hate.

>the shonen trope you hate the most
What said and it kind of is there, Ochako, Asui, Ashido and Toga all want Deku's dick.

>the shonen trope you love the most
Self-sacrifice to help others. Pretty much everything that happens in the story. My particular favorite is probably Deku vs. Todoroki fight, because it's not about physical aspect: Deku's sacrificing his pride and ambition to save Todoroki's souls from self-loathing.

>1. the shonen trope you hate the most
rival that is better in every way than the protagonist is somehow beaten by them

>2. character winning a fight by being legitimately clever

1. The antagonist who thinks he is literal perfection snaps because he relizes he's inferior to someone for the first time.

2. Protagonist being so nice to the point where it's an endangerment, such as letting a maniac get away scott free, or sacrificing himself to the antagonist because "he sees good in him" sorta crap.

I don't hate or love tropes, but I do hate or love the way they're pulled off. Break my immersion and I'll trash your work, that's simple.

>My particular favorite is probably Deku vs. Todoroki fight, because it's not about physical aspect: Deku's sacrificing his pride and ambition to save Todoroki's souls from self-loathing.

So you're saying he could have raped that guy with a crispy face if he fought him?

1. Females NEEDING to be romantic interests.
2. Bromances that hold up against all obstacles.
3. Fuck you, read it yourself.

This, so so much.

>Anytime there's a female antagonist, they have to square off against one of the female protagonists

Yes, Todoroki has reached his limit with ice, if Deku didn't provoke him to use fire, last OfA punch would throw Todoroki out of the arena.

>1. Females NEEDING to be romantic interests.

Uh oh, we have a feminist whiteknight here

1. Explaining a fight or action scene than letting good directing and context alone. This is mostly an anime problem because they can't rely on the viewer to understand what's going on or that they try and panel-by-panel adapt a scene from an anime or manga.

2. A tragic death occurs, narrator signs him off with a farewell and RIP

3. Hero training getting the bomb, Team Deku vs Team Baku

4. ???? Secondary here, I only stopped by because your question interests me.

1. MC is an idealist and has stupid ideals which make his life harder.
2. MC is ruthless and can stoop to any level to get things done.

If you want to interpret it that way, that's on you. I'd prefer females not even be a factor in shonen whatsoever, but since that's wishful thinking in a hetero world I'll take my shonen with females who exist on their own merit over ones that exist only to get crammed into a romance subplot with MC, or his BFF, or turn into the third side of a love triangle, because that's SO FUCKING BORING.

1. None
2. Go beyond

>hate the most
MC beating someone with plotshield powerups alone. I can accept teamwork power or luck but anything else sycks.

>love
when the previous generation(s) show the current gen how it's done, especially when it's badass grannies or grandpas

I don't think there exists a shonen series for you. Even MCs that are built up as bad boys and delinquents like Luffy or Ichigo are idealistic as hell.

>Hate the most
Mary Sues like Bakugou and Mirio

>Love the most
Cool guys like Denki and Mienta

>Hate
Major character "killed" but revived somehow

>Love
Villain group (Example Akatsuki, Genei Ryodan)

I like Villain alliance in BnHA but I hope the author give them more screentime and make them more threatening.

Toga isn't threatening to you? Bitch probably anywhere

Can you please suggest a series where No. 2 is fulfilled.

It seems we have a fujoshi right here.

Fag

well Shiggy could've killed Deku in the mall but he chose not to, I guess that counts

>this entire post

>Fomer big bad suddenly jobbing hard to new big bad

>"Your opponent is me"

Dont know about 3 and 4 since i've only watched the anime

But it's not like Shiggy was impressed by or was testing Deku, he just wanted to talk to someone after Stain stole his thunder.

1. EVERYTHING in shonen is a garbage trope.

2. Nothing. Shonen (all manga, even) is worthless cancer.

3-4. Kohei Horikoshi need to die.

1. BS powerups or becoming strong enough to beat the baddie through muh sheer force of will or friendship. All Might's fights are the best example. Him against Nomu I understand, but him vs AFO really grated me for the fact he managed to beat him AND survived his injuries.

2. Absolutely ruthless characters who do what they need to in order to win. Not really a good example in BNH but AFO was pretty god at times, like turning Shigaraki and revealing it to All Might.

>hate
The mary sues / gary stus with a godcomplex and no logical weakness. Even worse if the personality completely flips and they become "audience filler". (aka the faggots who stand around orgasm-gasping whenever the MC does anything remotely cool.)

>love
When characters stick to their morals but still grow and evolve.

>mfw