Tales of Zestiria

This anime has been a clusterfuck. Zestiria both game and anime was a mistake. Berseria was not and it was a prequel. They should have just gone with episode 7 and went with Berseria from there. Scratch that, they should have just gone with Berseria from the beginning. Why did they make this horrible decision in the first place?

Berseria is also shit.

Nice quads and all, but it was a hell of a lot better than zestiria in the long run. Much more charming characters and actually explained crap better than Zestiria.

They wanted the gay pandering.
The Berseria party is mostly straight.

The anime was made to sell Berseria and set up the possible sequel to Zestiria. If the anime spoiled the Berseria plot people wouldn't want to play the game.

Also keep in mind that Zestiria game and Zestiria anime are both a mistake, but in two completely different fields.

Zestiria game
+ noob-friendly
+ nice cast of characters
+ idiot-friendly rock-paper-scissors game of "check the weakness, pick the proper elemental seraph"
+ armatization is fun
- ...but it makes the game too easy
- no reason to actually learn how to combo unless aiming for hardest mode
- until the crucibles, you have no reason to play the seraphs
- Sorey is actually boring, Rose is more fun to play
- the item system is a fucking MMO grind fiesta
- both the story background and the whole third act is a dumpster fire
- Lunarre is a pointless character and a clear indication that the writers had no fucking clue what they're doing
- Kittybeard is a meh villain

I actually did not mind the bait-and-switch heroine change because Rose was fun to play and character-wise had the potential to diversify the motivations of the cast (instead of doubling down on Soery's muh heroism like Alisha did), but yeah, the plot was a mess.

Zestiria anime, meanwhile

+ actually tries to fix the mistakes of the game
+ more Alisha screen time
+ shiny Ufotable VFX
+ no repetitive combat...
- ...almost no combat at all
- shitting on the game lore with dragons suddenly beign purifable
- the directing and editing is a mess
- the dialogue is even more corny than the game
- even more "muh purification"
- Lunarre is still pointless
- now even Symonne is pointless
- no Lion's Roar (or in general, plot elements that carry on from earlier parts)

The very little quality that the game had is now lost with the anime.

Tales of Berseria has the comfiest party I've encountered in an rpg in a long time.

Also, how the fuck does Laphicet always manage to get the final kill in almost all my encounters. What the fuck?

user, please, you forgot the biggest fucking travesty of the entire game.
> Locking two fucking characters in battle party the entire fucking game.

>+ nice cast of characters

No they weren't. The cast was generally pretty awful and extremely one note. Sorey especially had the emotional range of a shoe.

Just because it's better than Zestiria it doesn't mean it's not shit.

>Much more charming characters
Sure, Berseria has a much better MC, but other than that, there isn't much of a difference. Eizen is arguably alright, aside from the fact he's shoe-horned into the cast with the loosely written captain arc, but Rokurou is an absolutely pointless character and his entire presence is an awful discord with the theme of the game, basically a forced NIPPON BANZAI fanservice.

Meanwhile Zestiria cast while generic was at least making sense.

I gotta disagree with Zavied but Berseria made him have much more depth to his character than in Zestiria. Then again, if one were to erase Zestiria from existance and keep Berseria, Zaveid would have been a decent character either way.

> Because of Rokurou
Are you fucking kidding me? Of all things you complain over, it's Rokurou?

>Locking two fucking characters in battle party the entire fucking game.
It makes sense story-wise to lock the MC in the party, and it kinda made sense with them being the "visible" ones (you can explain seraphs disappearing) and the front line anyway - but yeah, I get your point. I just never had an issue with it.

Berseria and Zesteria are like some kind of reverse star wars situation. The prequel makes shit so much better but the original just ruins it.

I don't think I can recall a prequel that was better than it's original outside of Lufia and even Lufia was mostly decent if just dry,.

The problem with Zesteria is that the idea just doesn't work for what has been to this point a party driven RPG series.

I understand wanting to shake things up now and again but even when armitized for however strong it is you simply lose the versatility and manpower to make up for the loss. What's more Tales AI is retarded at the best times so when your other fighter goes down (And they will) you lose both them and the seraph and have to waste two life bottles because they ran into an instakill.

It makes sense lore wise sure but the problem stands is that it's still a bad idea.

>Tales of Zestiria
>A picture of Velveshit

Delet this

What, you wanted fucking Sorey or Magilou?

None of them.

Sorey stop posting.

>Are you fucking kidding me? Of all things you complain over, it's Rokurou?
Rokurou is just the one that stands out the most. His only purpose is so that Velvet has someone to talk to before Laphi and Eizen arrive. You could remove him from the story entirely and the game would lose no value.

Magilou might be annoying to some, but she's alright, with the only issue being "so is she joining the party yet or not" recurring question.

Eizen is good, just pretty uncharacteristic in terms of combat (so, he punches stuff - and why I would want him in the lineup?). He's fun to play, but meaningless to have as a side. He's only being dragged down by the botched Vain Aifread arc, if you can even call it an arc. I'd say the only good thing Eizen brings to the plot - aside from ships - is Zaveid.

Laphi - the dear replacement goldfish, arguably the most essential part of the party due to how he affects Velvet.

Elizabeth is alright, though of course might have been handled better, especially considering how sick most players are of Sorey-like characters.

I see you are a fag.
> user is a Mikleo-fuccboi lover

Tell me, why does the bear shit in the woods?

Anime Sorey isn't a Mikleofag, he's just a soulless literal who

>You could remove him from the story entirely

Eh, I don't disagree but that's a pretty common thing in Tales games. Symphonia was my favorite but we didn't need Regal either. In fact his whole shtick just makes very little sense entirely. Dude feels so bad he chains his hands in a situation where he'd be better off and more helpful to the whole world saving thing with them.

did nothing wrong.

I'm entertained by the anime and never played the game.

Your standards must be really low because even as a standalone, this shit is stronger than Nyquil

>they should have just gone with Berseria from the beginning.

It'd be pretty bad if they spoiled the plot of a game that just came out. Everyone would just watch the anime then.

> Elizabeth
Eleanor. And she at least was more likeable and not had her character reduced to just being useless or a batshit insane bitch like Rose.
> Rokurou
Mind you, Rokurou had his character as a daemon that accepted his fate and sins. He leads us with Shigure, who is arguably one of the best opponents in Berseria who was charming. Rokurou may seem like to have little prevalence but at least his character was a person that accepted his own personal flaws, lived with it, and became a decent character in the story.

>Rokurou is just the one that stands out the most.
He sure does.

I'm not saying that to shit on Rokurou, I'm just saying that Zestiria cast at least had a better reason to stick together. The downside is that they lacked diversity.

The equivalent of Rokurou in Zestiria - a character that exists only so that the MC has someone to talk to before he meets the next ally - would be actually Mikleo. Mikleo is pretty much a walking childhood friend love interest trope. But as such he has his place in the cast.

Velvet is extremely sexual.

>You could remove him from the story entirely and the game would lose no value.

Well, that's just like your shitty opinion man

How dare you. I'm heterosexual.

Agreed

Same thing kept happening to me. I think it's because he kept casting a massive AoE spell at the very end of each battle.

> Having love for something that has a penis no matter how feminine it is.
Unless you're a female and you prove to us by having a pair of boobs with a timestamp, we'll assume you're a faggot.

>Eleanor
40 hours and yet what-was-her-name-again effect, I think that speaks volumes. Or maybe it's just me being dumb.

>Shigure, who is arguably one of the best opponents in Berseria who was charming
Agreed. Gotta admit that aside from the unfitting nippon banzai stylistics, Shigure was definitely the best adversary the game had. That's mostly the fault of the other three legates being too one-dimensional.

Fantasy stuff get a pass since its rare as fuck now that its all isekai.It doesnt need to be over the top story anyway to me.

This girl emits more testosterone than the entire cast of Zestiria.

prequel,original,sequel cuck wars was always shit.

No, pretty sure that's you being dumb.
> Legates
At least the legates are not fucking "kill because I want to and I'm a jerk". Now that is the worst.

Even if best boy wins in two weeks, it won't feel earned. Hell, it won't even be a win. Mikleo deserves better than Anime Sorey.

Berseria doesn't have Sorey and Mibo, that makes it automatically inferior to Zestiria.

> Why have Eizen?
Have you fucking played him? Despite being the conventional brawler, at least he could cast magic pretty well.

Velvet alone makes Berseria better.

>I'm just saying that Zestiria cast at least had a better reason to stick together.

They had justification not reason. And that justification was more of a plot contrivance than anything else. Roku has a reason and goal that's his and his alone. You're a group of guys who team up because you hate this other group of guys.

It's simple buts effective

Elenor was fun because she could air-juggle bitches almost like Dante.

Also obligatory gay ship for Velvet

>ARTORIOSUUUU REEEEEEEEE
>Better than Mibo
No.

Absolutely.

I don't give a shit as long as they save Eizen.

Elenor is a good girl but I can't shake the feeling she's going to get taken advantage of hard and do something stupid.

Also I want to marry her.

>Elenor is a good girl

people who live in glass houses, Velvet

Velvet smells like skank juice and pickles soaked in cat piss.

What does Magilou smell like?

You know Velv at least has a personality. Zesty is nothing but Sorey grinning like an idiot the whole game.

I know the Shepard isn't supposed to lose his shit but c'mon man you walked in on a pack of murdered kids you can show some damn emotion. Every time anything happens in the game it's

>Don't lose yourself Sorey
>I won't

Characters need emotions, it creates conflict and drives the story. It's like watching a 2x4

My dick

Like pigeon droppings

> Live your life the way you can.
> Accept the consequences and hardships no matter what they be.
> Hardship are part of life, you should live with it and if you overcome and continue, you can become greater
> Live life to the fullest despite knowing it will all come to an end.
> Eizen became a dragon but lived a great and merry life filled with hardships and would prefer to live with the destiny of a malakhim and die without ever hurting his sister.
The anime perversed Eizen's message and character with PURIFICATION FOR DRAGON. Again, fuck Zestiria.

Ammonia, mothballs, and jalapeno dip.

Velvet.

Correct.

>Alisha
>a plus

She's cancerous Mary Sue and the anime showed it.

Everyone smells like Velvet.
Except Laphicet, who has to remain in his purity cage.

Your taste is shit m8.
Eizen and Rokurou were both needed as guides for Laphicet to find his own way, they had a pretty sweet big bros and little bro dynamic. And him squabbling with Rokurou and obsessing over his tunnels were one of the most fun parts of the game.
Rokurou might have been ulitmately irrelevant to the plot but he was the merrymaker of the group and gave some insight to how normal demons act like and how they still have their goals and motivations instead of all just being evil monsters like in Zestiria.

And Eleanor had the most character development in Berseria and connected the mentality of the exorcist Abbey to that of Velvet and co. and is the only one learned from both sides so she rightfully became a leading figure at the end of the game.

i don't know wtf is going on im just mashing the x button

And Rokurou's impact on the overall mood in the party can't be underestimated. It's subtle, but he's like this solid rock foundation that supports everyone in the back. No matter what kind of terrible stuff happens, you can count on him to keep calm and not stop moving. Eizen has a similar effect, but Eizen lacks that fundamental, encouraging optimism that's always there with Rokurou. "Since I'm a daemon."

The fact that it's set up the way it is so you can set your arts when ever you want, all you need is one button to hit all the weaknesses, your burst button, and your hi ougi button.

Gonna be honest. Im awful at remembering my combo strings, it's why I don't play fighters much, so I kind of miss the old style of just having x as special and a regular attack you can futz with by holding the dpad.

also the game likes to throw you in battles with characters you may not have been using so Ill suddenly be Roku when I was Velvet the whole time prior and I don't know his attacks for shit, and he's learned like 15 new ones

Happens once in the game ever.

How does exp works in Berseria game?
I feel I never get more in fights against mobs unless there is a bonus for one character.
Also, is it just me or Velvet is unfairly broken in combat compared to the rest?

Lower Difficulty: more base exp, less bonus exp
Higher Difficulty: less base exp, more bonus exp

Velvet is ridiculously broken once she gets going.

How to Rokurou?

Rokurou is useful in the beginning, he makes interactions with characters better because Velvet never says a thing until she opens up to Phi.

That explains why I'm leveling at such slow pace, thanks.

>Velvet is ridiculously broken once she gets going.
Is there a way to get other characters to her level?
I figure Eizen could with stuns later in the game, and Eleanor should be able with air combos, if you could jump in this game that's it, her break soul is kinda useless as it is unless she is able to jump later.

>her break soul is kinda useless as it is unless she is able to jump later.
She is.

All the girls smell good and it's canon. Phi even says it during the game.

Nice, she is my favorite so I look forward to it.

>can't shake the feeling she's going to get taken advantage of
Technically you can say that Velvet already did.

so in berseria's ending...are they entwined for eternity in the atmosphere or in another dimension?

And were the pictures of them dreaming what could've been?

They are in the space

yeah it's velvet dream her perfect world

Several characters and NPCs through the game wanted to marry her actually xD

She is suppose the ideal woman\person , kind , caring , beautiful etc

>xD

Yeah Velvet is broken once you get in therion mood you are nearly invincible , she have also punch of broken moves as well and anti arte for every enemy in the game

I enjoyed Zestiria the anime.

Like taking candy from a baby.

A Berseria anime would really help, Velvet is just too good.

>Elizabeth
>so boring and flat you forgot her name
I don't blame you