WITH

ERIKAAAAAAAAAA

BEATORICHE

Leave Bern to me.

Enjoy your cavities faggot

Oh fuck

that's fucking great

It's slowly fading away.
The 2014 or 2015 christmas threads were great but Umineko started dying afterwards.

I mean, its about right.

Although I expect it to come back in a big way when the next WTC chapter comes out sometime next year

There's literally nothing sexy about Erika.

I thought was this year?

The production started this year apparently.

I disagree

I've been postponing this series for about eight years, is the adaptation good or do I have to go with the VN?

I just add a year onto any deadline 07 puts out

VN. Adaptations got a bad rep

Posting best Seacat.

NOTHING SEXY

Was it a trick all along Sup Forums?

ZEN ZEN DAME DA

It's magic and you can't convince me otherwise.

I'm thinking of finally reading this, what's the appeal?

It's largely a character driven mystery with probably one of the greatest OSTs and tendency to mindfuck. It's great and exponentially better if you know nothing about it beforehand.

Magic is not real.

>character driven mystery
For entirety of first chapter.
Then game actively tries to tell you to fuck off if you want mystery.
I mean it's worth reading, but.

> Then game actively tries to tell you to fuck off if you want mystery.
There's a difference between being a murder mystery and a character-driven mystery. The game constantly tells you it's not a murder mystery but the story still very much is a mystery story.

A splendid magic it was. A birth of a new witch. In the enigmatic moonlight, she appeared out of the spectral haze. A witch that never existed before had been born into this world. She stood in silence. She stood in silence with a single golden butterfly on her hand. She is no doubt the greatest witch possessing endless spells. Magic is to bring us happiness – but you would deny all of this. You would defile its beauty. You would deny the truth. You would call it a cheap trick. You would claim the witch knows nothing. Despite witnessing the birth of a great witch, you would deny her. The silence does not reassure you. You choose to deny. With that, the golden butterfly vanished.

What is magic? Magic is perhaps the most difficult concept in this world to realize. The most advanced form of experience that surpasses reason itself, magic is the ubiquitous substance that reaches the apex of reality. Magic is the lost element required in a recipe to create a God, yet at the same time it is as simple as pulling a rabbit out of a hat. Magic is paradoxical, magic is contradictory; yet magic is undoubtedly true. Magic is the only substance capable of holding the foundations of our reality, yet magic is simultaneously responsible for all our illusions and falsehood. Magic is beyond the scope of my intellect to define. It is beyond my capacity to describe. However, if I had to define magic for whatever reason, I can only give you one word. Magic.

The greatest Western polymath Johann Wolfgang von Goethe described the ultimate transcendent knowledge stripped from the man of reason in his magnum opus Faust. The greatest Eastern philosopher Laozi similarly pointed out the infinite paradoxical possibilities, Wuji, that exist outside the binary Ying-Yang. Schopenhauer saw the irrational, inconceivable and ineffable magic that represented our world; he called his magic Will. Nagarjuna saw the magic between the false dilemmas forced upon us by reason floating in the sea of contradictions; he called his magic the Middle Way. Jung saw the magical causality that drove human existence, he called his magic Synchronicity. Wittgenstein saw the limits of our own magic becoming the limits of our world, and saw the disaster of reducing magic to tricks; he called his magic Language. Nietzsche understood that tricks were merely magic that had forgotten they are magic; he did not give his magic a name. Magic was a fascination for the greatest minds throughout human history; all of our greatest thinkers wanted to write their own grimoires.

To a normal man, magic is synonymous to lies and deceit. Normal people are born slaves to reason, unable to see that magic is in fact the mother of reason, no its antithesis. Magic represents the infinite representations of the world; to deny it is to limit one’s own world. Magic is the sole element that constitutes beauty. Magic is the element granted only to the inquisitive. Magic belongs only to those who are truly free. Once in every generation, a great thinker surpasses the constraints we call reason. What greets him is the magnificent truth covered in a mist of golden magic.

Magic is always denied by self-proclaimed disciples of reason. The self-proclaimed truth-seekers, the self-proclaimed scientists. Real disciples of truth do not deny magic, as they understand denying magic is no different to denying what is true.

Arguably the greatest analytical philosopher who has ever lived, Ludwig Wittgenstein, once wrote:
>I now believe that it would be right to begin my book with remarks about metaphysics as a kind of magic. But in doing this I must not make a case for magic nor may I make fun of it. The depth of magic should be preserved.

Ludwig Wittgenstein, with his infinite genius realized that metaphysics, logic and language are simply different kinds of magic. Yet he chooses not to talk about magic.
>Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.

Thus he remains silent.

Does his silence signify his ignorance? Does it mean he is angry? Does it mean he does not wish to tell us about magic? Perhaps he does not think of us as worthy. Perhaps he is content with what he had already told us. Perhaps he is sad. Perhaps he’s shy. What does this mysterious silence represent?

The silence tells us nothing. Wittgenstein, like all of humanity’s greatest minds, was a witch. With your deceitful trick, you have denied the existence of their greatest spells. Denying witches of their magic, yet you still call yourself their disciple.

Magic does not speak. Magic is silent, it simply writes down all of this world’s truths in gold. We, through deceptive tricks, have mistaken the meaning of this silence.

So people of Sup Forums, do you too see the golden butterfly?

If anything, the character writing becomes more competent further you get into story. First chapter serves barely as a character introduction which is fine and all considering the absurd size of the main cast. This applies to the mystery aspect too. I don't think I've ever seen another work that actually covers mystery and especially detective novels in such an in-depth way. I might agree with you if you were talking only about the final episode.
The game totally constantly tells you it's a murder mystery though, albeit in chiru the core mystery is more in the backseat.

SMALL

BOMBS

youtube.com/watch?v=lqMXt0jKRyg
>this clip after learning about Shkanon

youtube.com/watch?v=tn2kBxVFKi8
>Nanjo spoiling Umineko

No, posting the REAL best Seacat.

youtube.com/watch?v=GAF8qrR1pdE

>OH DESHIRE.jpg

She was the best random corpse that washed up on the island. But she still wasn't even the best corpse over all.

Kinzo really is an interesting character. Though he's around 40 during the episode 7 flashback and is probably about at the exact midpoint of his life, it somehow feels so much earlier. 40 year old Kinzo didn't have Rokkenjima Island or the mansion, he didn't have his speaking patterns, he didn't have many of his basic personality traits or life philosophies. I love the contrast between the original Kinzo and the 'renewed' post-WWII Kinzo.

I want to deito Lucifer.

Delicious cowtits sandwich...

OH DESIRE!!!

So cheesy it was bound to get popular here.The anime was lulz worthy and I remember that the visual novel's ending triggered a lot of people here.

THAT FUCKING ENDING THOUGH

/jp/ says that Erika has larger breasts than the Stakes. Is there any truth to it?

I want to fuck Lambdadelta!

Batshit insane theories.

Yes, because stakes don't have breasts. They are stakes.

I don't know what he is implying.

nigga define magic.

What's he saying at the end? 3D something?

God tier OST

Reminder that they are extremely underrated, just like their theme song.

youtube.com/watch?v=YH_rwqWny9s

Hot crazy milfs.

DELET THIS AT ONCE.

They were fun but they show up well into the part of the story that people complain about I guess. Too bad they're not playable in the fighter.

youtube.com/watch?v=QEOy4zEVFoU

The original mystery game that the Yasu culprit meme came from had some 3D labyrinth in it. Battler says he can't solve the 3D underground labyrinth.

I love you too, Mikan.

Read it for the first time and finished it on Tuesday.

Great premise but some absolute shit parts.

Ange was fine.

Best witch by far.

Manga or VN. Anime is 40% of the story. Manga makes things clearer and has a bit more to it. VN has music.

Personally, I put it off and heard great things about it. I was disappointed when I finally read it but it had good parts. Higurashi is far superior

Premise is murder mystery where you have to figure out how HUMANS did it, and not with magic.

Too bad it's absolutely shit for 40% of the series, with some really boring things, Battler crying about the same shit over and over and over.

This

>Higurashi is far superior

How did you come to this conclusion, I am geniunely interested? I'm reading Higurashi right now after Umineko and it's mostly underwhelming so far.

Higurashi's solution isn't "lol the culprit doesnt die when killed because they're genderfluid and have imaginary friends", and it doesn't have an author insert insulting the readers for trying to solve it.

I like the characters in Higurashi better. I was far more invested in the story. When things build up and get exciting in Higurashi, they REALLY get exciting. A lot less pointless bs. Not nearly as confusing as Umineko is with all the alternative world where they watch what happens (It does exist in Higurashi but it's easier to follow). Higurashi is far more realistic, heart touching...

Has a GOOD ending. Resolves all plotlines and makes you feel good

Umineko isn't bad but it was a slog at parts and while both series has this theme of repeating, Higurashi did it better.

I think you might find it underwhelming because the premise of Umineko sounds better. Higurashi will make you happy, dont' worry. It has concrete answers and great characters and lots of FUCKYEAH moments.

Higurashi's beginning is shit but it gets better over time.
Umineko's beginning is pretty much better than the entirety of Higurashi but the rest of it is shittier than everything in Higurashi too.

What are you talking about? Sexual thoughts about pure, innocent Erika are horrible.

I would never suggest removing Erika's clothes and licking her tiny body all over, nibbling her neck and kissing her adorable little nipples. Only a heartless monster would think about her cute girlish mouth and tongue wrapped around a thick cock slick with her saliva, pumping in and out of her mouth until it erupts, the cum more than her little throat can swallow.

The idea of thick viscous semen overflowing, dribbling down her chin over her flat chest, her tiny hands scooping it all up and watching her suck it off her fingertips is just horrible. You're all a bunch of sick perverts, thinking of spreading her smooth slender thighs, cock poised at the entrance to her pure, tight, virginal pussy, and thrusting in deep as a whimper escapes her lips which are slippery with cum, while her small body shudders from having her cherry taken in one quick stroke.

I am disgusted at how you'd get even more excited as you lean over her, listening to her quickening breath, her girlish moans and gasps while you hasten your strokes, her sweet pants warm and moist on your face and her flat chest, shiny with a sheen of fresh sweat, rising and falling rapidly to meet yours.

Almost spot on. I wouldn't even say Higurashi's beginning is shit, just a bit slow until the festival begins.

Hell: Hearing Shion's backstory and Satoshi shit is FAR FAR superior than hearing Shannon's 'backstory' episode 2 or anything related to Ange.

Fuck, Umineko made me mad: every episode has either Battler giving up or Beatrice, and then having to get motivated again. And it repeats over and over and over.

It is truly nasty how you'd run your hands all over her tiny body while you violate her, feeling her nipples hardening against your tongue as you lick her chest, her neck and her armpits, savoring the scent of her skin and sweat while she trembles from the stimulation and as she reaches her climax, hearing her cry out softly as she has her first orgasm while that cock is buried impossibly deep inside her, pulsing violently as an intense amount of hot cum spurts forth and floods through her freshly-deflowered pussy for the first time, filling her womb only to spill out of her with a sickening squelch. And as you lie atop her flushed body, she murmurs breathlessly, "You came so much inside of me, nanodesu~", then her fingers dig into your back as she feels your cock hardening inside her again.

You're all freaks. Erika's too pure for anyone to imagine her in such a terrible situation, and anyone who does is evil, evil, evil.

While I like how both series made the bad guys be a bit more three-dimensional, I never sympathiszed with most of the Umineko characters. I can understand them but most of them are damn unlikeable. I can't name any character I liked really. I thought they were well written to a degree but fuck if I cared about them.

For example: I understand Rosa's life being shit and why she was a bad parent but I don't really care what happens.

>or anything related to Ange
Ange was only bad in Chapter 4. She was good everywhere else.

I would say it's shit. Nothing endearing or interesting about the beginning of Higurashi, it isn't just slow.

Most of it's characters weren't that endearing to me either, it just holds itself together a hell of a lot better than Umineko does.

I don't hate her (I don't know why anyone does) but nothing about her story was interesting.

Poor girl though. No happy ending for anyone in that story.

Pretty much this. Umineko's a complete clusterfuck of a hot mess but it's an ambitious and weirdly interesting one atleast. Most of it's cast was more likeable than Higurashi's too, Higurashi itself was much more tightly plotted but I didn't really care about almost anyone in it's cast. Dunno if that's better or worse than Umineko making people mad with treating it's more interesting/likeable cast like trash.

Doesn't help that Umineko has 4x more cast than it needs.

Holy shit I thought you died, user.
Good to know you're still around.

can this finally get an anime, please? Who even owns the rights to it?

I'm still posting frequently, it's just that I switched work places and can't just browse Sup Forums all the time for now.

to be fair 80% of the cast is just one person

/r/ing the screenshot from the PC version where there are two O's around Kinzo's eyes. All I can find are memes of it and not the actual thing.

I laughed audibly when I realized you're not even wrong.

Sorry

static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/yOu_tO_2287.png

So... Lion....
Girl or Boy?

Girl. No one is that slutty that they need 3 lovers.

>battler never becomes battler agian
>Shannon doesn't run away with Battler
>Everyone stays dead
Shame about that ending.

Did you just assume xir gender binarity, you loveless goat?!

Being Shannon is suffering. On the one hand, everyone loves her
>Kinzo
>Battler
>Jessica
>George
>Head butler whatshisname
>Maria
>Kuwasama

And on the other, so much shit happens to you. Never can have a family... crappy relatives

When you hear about it, it sounds like SUCH UTTER SHIT. But when you read it and live through it, it's not nearly as bad.

Reminder that Battler did everything wrong

this is a nice picture

>Higurashi's beginning is shit but it gets better over time.
>Umineko's beginning is pretty much better than the entirety of Higurashi but the rest of it is shittier than everything in Higurashi too.
I felt the exact opposite, the first arc of Higurashi was incredible, and the last few arcs of Umineko were the best
especially if you're unspoiled
Onikakushi's ending comes completely out of the blue
Tatarigoroshi was completely mental

Not really. Even forgetting his promise is barely a sin.

So is the PS3 sprites and voices worth it or should I stick with the original version?

I see no reason not to go for the newer stuff. The steam version has both, no charge. The old animations are laughably bad.

>Steam version
have fun with Mexican Battler and the retard crew
old version has some merits, but PS3 sprites all the way