Obama: We need to recreate a common space on the Internet

archive.is/YsUHV

>Former U.S. president Barack Obama said the way people communicate via social media risked splintering society and leaders had to ensure the Internet did not cocoon users within their own biases.

>“All of us in leadership have to find ways in which we can recreate a common space on the Internet,” Obama said in an interview conducted by Britain’s Prince Harry, broadcast on BBC radio on Wednesday.

>“One of the dangers of the Internet is that people can have entirely different realities, they can be just cocooned in information that reinforces their current biases.”

>Obama has previously warned that social media platforms can lead people to make snap judgments about complex decisions although he has refrained from criticizing his successor Donald Trump who regularly uses Twitter.

>Obama said in the interview broadcast on Wednesday that social media should promote diverse views in a way that “doesn’t lead to a Balkanisation of our society” and moving online communities offline helped people to see that many issues were not as simple as they might seem in a chatroom.

>It’s also by the way harder to be as obnoxious and cruel in person as people can be anonymously on the Internet,” he said.

>“Meet in the pub...Meet at a place of worship. Meet in a neighborhood and get to know each other.”

We would do that if others didn't show up to bash the fash out of "self-defense."

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2011/jun/16/bilderberg-2011-tipping-point
youtube.com/watch?v=5rRofbMsxOw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>One of the dangers of the Internet is that people can have entirely different realities

What a bigot.

He was right and you guys fucked it all up.

Cry more you dumb nigger

the only reason this is an issue now is because there are right wing "safe spaces" on the internet. nobody was whining while all the major sites were leftist sjew poz shitholes. funny how that works huh?

anyway hes wrong, we need echo chambers in order to internally refine ideas and beliefs with a lower risk of subversion by (((them))).

as long as we self regulate, test and refine our ideas, they should stand up to any leftist attempt at rebuttal.

the risk comes when autists refuse to accept any criticism and sperg out to the max on issues like telegony. seriously nobody in the public sphere will take you seriously until you provide some data and evidence for its existence in humans, until then its just cringy to pretend that because it happened in flies that it happens in humans

He's right, but it's not as if him and his types wouldn't have their own biases? I assume they would want to set up this common space? Herd us in like sheep and have mob rule stamp out dissenters?

>"Obama and his Patriot Act bullshit is okay! But for gods sake you praise Trump we'll make sure you never get to have an opinion bigot :) "

Obama is the king of saying a lot while not actually saying anything

He's right, but it will never happen because leftists don't want open discussion. They want safespaces and downvotes, and in extreme cases (facebook, twitter), actual censorship of people who don't have the "correct" views.

It's a lawyers gift. He still has a good point though. I'm sure the alt right has some crazy illogical ideas, but I'm pretty sure the leftist ideology, with proper scrutiny in an open space, would be destroyed if free speech was allowed. The left fears free speech more than the right.

How long is King Nigger going to linger around when he's not even fucking relevant nowadays?
He's already going down in history as one of the worst presidents in history.

obama doesn't realize americans hate each other.
the culture creates enemies when you are competing for everything.
he would know that if he was black,.

Still gave a bigger tax break and reform than donnie.
Lower unemployment too.

Dear Kenyan nigger faggot with a tranny “wife”, fuck off. Move back to Indonesia with your paki boyfriend.

A lot of this can be pinpointed to Bilderberg 2011.

theguardian.com/world/2011/jun/16/bilderberg-2011-tipping-point

Read the article it is all out in the open.

if only there was some common area anyone with an internet connection could access and post their shitty ideas for all to see

He's more relevant than Drumpf nowadays. The lefties still worship him as their demigod. The world sucks his nigger dick all at end. He will continue to spout shit unless you fucks discredit him.

I would agree with him if I didn't know that everything he is saying will just lead to hurting anyone right leaning. I agree people say really stupid shit online but I doubt he is fighting against the boomers on Facebook who post death threats to me for voting Trump.

Yes he is right but for the wrong reasons and from the wrong perspective.

Then again he's just a boomer.

>It’s also by the way harder to be as obnoxious and cruel in person as people can be anonymously on the Internet,” he said.

youtube.com/watch?v=5rRofbMsxOw

Why is it that I’m either a slave of the Jew run zog or a Nazi why can’t there be other options?

>Now compare that with your life. CCTV cameras with face-recognition software scan your daily life. Travel cards log your journeys. And online, you'll have noticed – particularly in the last year – how your accounts are all being linked, and how you're having to constantly prove your identity. Anonymity is a sin. Anonymity is what terrorists do.

>And here's the irony. In secret, with no public oversight, a group of politicians, billionaires and corporate CEOs are discussing (we're told): Social Networks: Connectivity and Security Issues.

why give them the benefit of having to refine their ideas once they fail to stand up to external counter arguments? you are only helping sjws reform this way.

preventing debate until it is forced, such as during elections, will prevent the left from producing reasonable ideas and arguments.

at that point the winning side will be the one which internally self regulates best and who do you trust more to do that? someone in the alt right or a sjw? its really no contest at that point

think about it, why would barak come out and say something if the current situation favoured the left? he wouldnt, hed shut his mouth while the alt-right wandered further into obscurity

the reason hes talking about it now and bringing it up is because the right is winning the war of ideas, we are better able to formulate and refine our arguments than the left are, we are starting to win the culture war and these cucks are already trying to stifle that any way they can.

do you really think the left will show up to debate your arguments? or are they just going to label you a nazi and try to character assassinate you?

Can't trust another empty suit front man.

There's absolutely no reason for the internet to not be a totally free space. This nigger just proves that he's a communist monkey nigger.

>common space aka safe space

A place where rainbows and unicorns pop out of your ass. A place you can call home

Sit down, nigger. No one cares what you have to say anymore.

That's an indirect way of referring to Sup Forums if i've ever seen one

All this mean is he wants everything monitored. Fucking morons who think he's right are how old? 18 or younger?

Numbers please........

SHOW ME THE NUMBERS LIAR

>citation needed

Remember, government jobs don't spur economic growth

Nigger tears are best tears

What are you implying? Are you trying to speak of a site that is unlisted on google? Is that what you are trying to do?

because you're a brainlet useful idiot. you only do what you're told.

Fuck you hussein soetorro!!! You no longer call the shots!!

Why is this nigger still talking?

Translation:
"We don't gain anything from our control of online media if our people stay in their own cocoon and our enemies stay in theirs. We need to force everyone into the same space, where we can enforce the same narrative and limits on speech for everyone."

>recreate
Good God what a fucktard
What he means is "we need one government-backed and regulated site for approved discussion"

>Obama suggests we need to make a Sup Forums
Way ahead of you, fruitcake

Pig molesting mohammidians dont get an opinion. Sorry sweety.

What he really means.

>it would be a lot easier for the democratic party to propagandise if all users were on the same platform

>recreate a common space on the Internet
Well I guess the niggerfaggot has never heard of Sup Forums

>No don't look for alternative ideas! Why aren't you letting us brainwash you with our narrative? Please stop breaking away with fake news!

Literally asking the government to control the internet in order to control the narrative. Fuck this guy. Maybe he's jealous and wants a government funded /leftypol/ to take off. The nerdy kid who's an assistant teacher is never the one you want to be around.

>tfw eurotrash literally worship Obama

Reads a lot like "we need to have a conversation about....." aka LISTEN AND BELIEVE

>he says atop his high horse, having provoked racial tensions behind the scenes for his entire career.

>not president anymore, just another shnig
>they still feature his opinions like they matter when he has no education on any of the subjects

"Diverse views"

My. Ass.

Obama and his minions love to kick anyone non-PC off the net. Obongo is lying through his teeth.

No shit fucker.

But you waited until the last minute and never made it a national issue.

Now we are screw black eagle.

And in front of the scenes every time there was a racial incident, like Saint Trayvon of Skittles.

would never know Obama let hezbolla sell crack to our kids if not for social media. guess it bad.

>and leaders had to ensure the Internet did not cocoon users within their own biases

Who are these leaders, and why do they have any right to regulate the realities millions of people experience?

>“All of us in leadership have to find ways in which we can recreate a common space on the Internet,”

A common place where certain people get to regulate millions of realities because they're 'leaders.'

>It’s also by the way harder to be as obnoxious and cruel in person as people can be anonymously on the Internet,” he said

Read: It's easier ro bully people in person than over the internet, because in person we can interupt 'bigots' while they speak, we can accuse the 'bigots' of interupting others whenever they speak, and when they can angry we can say they're triggered and punch a Nazi.

>We would do that if others didn't show up to bash the fash out of "self-defense."

Identified discourse is less honest than anonymous discourse, and this is why Sup Forums can butt heads with the elite - we have reality on our side.

Society is a collection of masks and lies. The moment you enter society, you enter a world of masks and lies - their world. In public, truth is tracked down and shot. It doesn't matter what truth you're speaking.

We'll win by silently converting whites to our cause over the internet with memes and race facts, not exposing ourselves in public.

Without a doubt, the best president of my lifetime.

Something I might actually agree with King Nigger about, but it's too late. This generation is completely fractured.

Bigot? That's a pretty stupid analysis.

Well this is a pretty stupid reply so I guess we’re even.

Be Obama
Get elected President
Win a Nobel Peace prize
Precede to destabilize the world
Destroy Libya
Destroy Syria
Support a color revolution in Ukraine
Your actions above trigger the largest migrant of so called refugees in history
Europe is fucked
Now Europe is rolling the red carpet out for you to gaslight Trump

Weew this shit is bananas

>Obama said in an interview conducted by Britain’s Prince Harry, broadcast on BBC
we are reaching BBC levels that shouldn't be possible

internet isn't creating a bubble it's the thing that gets you out of your bubble. Before internet we had people stuck in their catholic/protestant bubble depending who your parents are. There is this weird idea going around that before the internet everybody talked happily and open to each other.

They talked more openly, or were at least confronted with more opinions with which they disagreed, and learned that they can't throw a pants-shitting tantrum about it.

Social media allows you to choose whose opinions you see, who you will block, who you will listen to--you need never be confronted with an uncomfortable idea. It has emotionally infantilized the people using it. They're stunted, incomplete human beings.

That’s not the effect of social media. That’s the effect of censorship.

niggers and kikes need to fuck off the internet

Racism from a leaf is like a vicious butterfly attack.

Double the national debt from 10 trillion to 20
Embolden BLM
False flag to take whites guns away

What color are your panties?

He is literally god to them. They hate themselves and he hath delivered their death in a hand woven basket

You're not understanding that social media allows people to do their own censorship. That's fine, that's their right, but it also has huge consequences when those same people are *never* confronted with offense.

The censoring of the platforms themselves is a different discussion.

Is this guy still walking free?
sage

he's talking about us

>Win a Nobel Peace prize
pic related is the 'Nobel Peace prize' the nigger received

Yeah, but youre a suicidal soyboy beyond redemption. Thats why you love obongo.

try to actually comprehend the argument brainlet, i know amerimut educaseon is bad these days but cmon, it cant be that hard

>Obama is the king

Make an argument. What you said was some bullshit a little pussy might say. Hence, what color are your panties.

This whole board is self censored.

>just censor my shit up, senpai.

>Obama said in the interview broadcast on Wednesday that social media should promote diverse views in a way that “doesn’t lead to a Balkanisation of our society”

then stop balkanizating the society by allowing unlimited migration

obummer is queen soy boy. He lets jack dorsey violate his bunghole.

>stop balkanizating the society by allowing unlimited migration
> balkanizating
I agree but that is a funny way of spelling destroy

Even Obama admits we're on the path to Balkanisation.

Obama administration derailed an ambitious law enforcement campaign targeting drug trafficking by the Iranian-backed terrorist group Hezbollah, even as it was funneling cocaine into the United States, according to a POLITICO investigation.

I don't care what Obama bin lying has to say. There can be no more compromise with liberals.

If only there was a website where any american, no, anyone in the world, could freely post their ideas for all to see and comment on, with no accounts or small sub-communities to divide the discussion.

More than that companies are bumping pay by $2 and $3 an hour and giving $1000+ bonuses on top of that.

He is right

But I doubt he'd be capable of implementing it properly along with most other ideal things he's conceived before

He’s done enough to ruin this country and the rest of the world. Fuck off Obama.

Habbo Hotel?

DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH AND OBAMA IS A BIGOT!~!!!@@!@$$@@$%^#$&^%%^&*

Member when this nigger had the first tranny in the white house? How brave.

>“One of the dangers of the Internet is that people can have entirely different realities,
>people with other points of view are dangerous
>the transmission of knowledge and ideas is dangerous and needs to be deaklt with
HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo fucking glad democrats lost. goddamn am i glad this piece of shit isnt the united states president anymore

Do ten of the worst false flags of all time. Sloppy and completely fucking retarded.

Wow, looks like NSA isn't working. It cannot control the internet but he is right.

Cool clock Akhmed!

I agree, but lets do it old style. Break up reddit, google, facebook, twitter, and all the fake news sites like cnn, abc, nbc.

Not so fast

>“Today those aren’t my direct responsibilities but I can focus over the next 20 years in making sure that we don’t have more hurricanes and natural disasters that are accelerated as a consequence of climate change and the ability to focus long term I think is a great luxury.”
>the next 20 years

The arrogance of this guy

All fired up and ready to go

Fuck Obama and his gay lover Obamaleaf