If you like anime and manga so much why not learn Japanese as well?

If you like anime and manga so much why not learn Japanese as well?

I am, but I'm pretty dumb and don't understand anything.

I HATE IT

why?

もう寝なさいよ!

h-hai

I am.

Seems like a pretty shit language so far.

>moonrunes

Disgusting, why didn't they learn the superior latin alphabet.

I'm working on it, got to 250 kanji recently.

I want to but have no idea where to find a "instruction" video or book.

The Americans wanted to force the Japs to use english after WW2, but they feared that the Japs would rebel and start fighting again

Because learning something implies I still have hope in myself. I don't.

Isn't Japanese in general useless unless you live in Japan?
Seems like there's more useful languages that you could learn first.

Have you tried DJT? They're on Sup Forums nowadays.

>Lets use pictures that have no connection to the sounds
>hurr we are so smart

Latin alphabet or gtfo.

Japanese gives you the ability to read untranslated VNs, LNs and manga, watch anime without subs and play games without waiting for "translation"

German, spanish, italian, etc. gives you the ability to ???

You mean like the alphabet? All these letters are just shapes, they have no intrinsic connection to the sound made when spoken either.

Call me when English gets rid of its own retarded grammatical rules.

Except for two, those characters don't exist.

if im not fucking a japanese girl whats the point? youd actually learn a whole new languange just to turn the subs off? fucking stupid

WHY JAPANESE PEOPLE?

It was super useful when they were taking over Asia but not so much now.

>see two runes together in a way you've never seen before
>instantly understand both the reading and the meaning
sure is useless

I'm learning it so I can read the thousands of untranslated moege and never go outside again.

this

i just hate chinese characters in general
it feels like they've crumpled a sheet of paper and used that to stamp and create a character
the japanese doesn't sound that bad however

I'd rather learn Korean.

>he isn't learning Japanese for the glorious 大日本帝国

that goes the same way for an English word
Chinese characters are useless and harder
>there's no way of saying how to pronounce a word
>you have no idea how it sounds like
>very hard to see
>very hard to write
>takes 10x longer to write
>very inefficient
>small details makes it very confusing and read differently, like stroke patterns
I can keep going

English alphabet or GTFO
It's that simple.

What's the point of learning any euro language if most of the people already know english? Unless you want a citizenship here, it's literally uselss.

learning something is how you gain hope in yourself
whenever I feel like trash I just learn something new and I can continue my useless life in sheer bliss for a little longer

Latin you retarded bongistani mongrel.

>whenever I feel like trash
Killing yourself will make you feel better you useless faggot

I'm literally angry because people didn't recognize this as a reference for this thread being posted everyday.
What went wrong?

おやすみなさーい

Most runes have a meaning element and a pronunciation element. It's just that the pronunciation element is in Classical Chinese

Japan uses more than one alphabet, matey. Hiragana and katakana are purely connected to sound. 'ha' sounds like 'ha'.
Hell, they even use Kanji to read based on sound rather than read based on picture.

Latin is a dead language.

>they even use Kanji to read based on sound rather than read based on picture.
Sometimes, I forgot to add.

I already did.

>mfw Sup Forums can't learn Japanese

>takes 10X longer to write
>very inefficient
dumb illiterate scum
with three characters you can get the same meaning/word as a english word of 13+. This means you save both paper and time.
>hard to write/see
If you had grown up with kanji as opposed to english it would be exactly the opposite.

>it's another thread of retards coming up with shit excuses for how lazy they are

There is no consistent way to pronounce shit its nothing but random pictures.

Imagine if $ meant fuck

and = meant you

$=

You cannot spell it in another way thats why letters are so good.

Latin alphabet is indeed one of the best but what do you think about the Greek alphabet?

It is inconsistent you shithead thats why its awful. Language is about fluid communication well moonrunes is anything but that.

Real edgy there faggot

>If you had grown up with kanji as opposed to english it would be exactly the opposite.
Dude who the fuck can see 10 fucking lines and their stroke patterns with the font as big as Latin characters? They're too inefficient and strains your eyes so much, that's why you always see chinks with their glasses.

i like to be lazy
fuck off

Stop creating this shitty thread.

Sorry if you're a dumb 'murican m8

incorrect again
complex kanji always have small differences. while you might see two obtuse looking complex kanji in reality there are maybe three kanji in existence that share a similar pattern, and in those handful of kanji the differences are in fact what people notice and look for first.

The brain processed English words like they're single symbols instead of like they're made up of several symbols. Like it feels very different to read a word you know than it does to sound out a word you don't. This is why English's highly irregular spelling can be read fluently. Chinese characters aren't much harder to read even though they are much harder to write

I'm not an American faggot.

OP for the love of god if you're going to keep spamming this thread at least change the opening question so it doesn't fill with "oh i would learn it but stroke order puts me off lol" bullshit.

Exactly its a bunch of random fucking pictures with no goddamn consistency.

the letter "a" didnt have a connection to the sound that pronouncing "a" makes either before civilization decided to associate the symbol "a" to the sound of "a"

You fucking simpleton

chinese man here
it is easy to read you fucking nigger
still sucks for anyone who wants to learn the language, literally everything needs to be memorised
some words can have 2-3 different meanings and pronunciations
also some characters are very complicated beyond 20 strokes

Taking a British YouTube poster's word that the English language is the best isn't very intelligent.
Try to read original Shakespeare and tell me English is coherent.

Japanese also has furigana for children and illiterate scum. It literally spells out how you are supposed to pronounce the written Kanji.
Exempli gratia: 天涯孤独 (てんがいこどく)。

Letters are simple sounds that can be combined with other letters to form complex sounds a very consistent language system.

Just like English

If you want regularity learn Spanish

I agree Japanese is super useful in that regard, but you won't be able to speak it in your own country since you won't encounter many Japanese people outside of Japan.
You would have more luck finding people that spoke one of the languages you listed.
Yeah, I think Japan needs to spread out to more landmass.

t. 顔真っ赤なアメリカ人

It has an alphabet of course its coherent shithead.

>complex kanji always have small differences
No one cares.

>while you might see two obtuse looking complex kanji
Again, no one cares.

>in those handful of kanji the differences are in fact what people notice and look for first.
Again and again, no one cares.

Spanish sounds like shit tho. French and Italian sounds better desu

dostedt

>no goddamn consistency
other than the thousands of kanji that contain phonetic radicals that makes it generally easy to know what sound they should make.

>S-so big!!

that's what it says, right ??

See I cant even fucking pronounce whatever the fuck this sequence of pictures even is.

It's like comparing two slightly different, small, and simple images of a painted wood square. You'll catch the difference immediately. If it were larger, it would be more difficult to examine the entire image at once.
Shakespeare isn't difficult.

no one cares about your dumb illiterate ass either.
Just typical american centralistic method of calling anything unfamiliar or strange wrong and stupid.

Letters are the most consistent language making system dumbass.
>Kanji
Nice line art faggot.

Then why are you here?

>anyone who wants to learn the language
>WANTS TO
Yes. Anyone who WANTS TO punish themselves and do mental self-harm, sure.

Japanese or Korean?

Spanish sounds amazing, it's like a more forceful version of Italian. French sounds like someone someone is trying to talk with a mouthful of semen.

>phonetic radicals that makes it generally easy to know what sound they should make
Don't overstate it. It can help you remember the pronunciation if you already know it, but you can't look at a unfamiliar kanji and guess the pronunciation from the radicals. Does anyone know if you could in Old Chinese? Whatever language they used the oracle bone script to write?

No thats the french accent, french sounds like an idiot talking really slowly.

Japanese has letters. Chinese is pure Kanji. Do not confuse the two.

御機嫌よう (ごくげんよう)
気分は? (きぶんは?)
いいお天気ですね? (いいおてんきですね?)

>pronunciation
>consistent system
>english
>french
Hah.

Anime.

If it's inefficient or subpar, it's wrong and stupid. Just like your opinions

The trills hurt my ears.

The English never managed to develop an alphabet. They had to borrow the Latin one.

What the fuck am I reading

If only thus was in latin characters I could actually pronounce this shit

that´s bad for you, learn something boring that forces you to be active

>く

>御機嫌
What the fuck? Words like these, how do you even read this shit?

>innefficient
you know there is a lot of scientific supported evidence that kanji based math systems are easier to understand? it's part of the reason why the asians being good at math is a meme.

Doesn't that go for everyone in Western Europe outside of Rome?

>If only thus was in latin characters
go ki gen yoh.
ki bun ha?
ii o tenki desu ne?

God, that would be insane to learn. There's barely a difference between all those words

English? Using the alphabet in coherent fashion?

As Orwell put it, the English have a spelling system that defies analysis. Even sodding Welsh is more coherent.

Math is already random pictures given a numeric meaning autist.

Got nothing to do with anything.

Just sound it out bro lol

Not true. There was a distinct runic alphabet used in Old English and several letters remained in use until the 15th century

ごきげん
goki gen.

>What the fuck am I reading
Nothing, because you can't even be bothered to check out hiragana

It's a joke, only one of them (犬/inu) is an actual character.

Now Im more confused how do you create a consistency with this shit.

>There's barely a difference between all those words
THIS. Very hard to read and you can easily make mistakes if you don't look at the exact fucking pixel.

go ki gen > 御機嫌

Fuck that nigger tier language.