Shocking pictures of Hong Kong 'coffin homes'

>Associated Press photographer Kin Cheung spent time recently photographing some of the tiny subdivided housing units in Hong Kong, known as “coffin homes,” and those who live in them. Cheung reports that there is a “dark side to the property boom in wealthy Hong Kong, where hundreds of thousands of people priced out of the market must live in partitioned apartments, ‘coffin homes’ and other inadequate housing.” These residents are among an estimated 200,000 people in Hong Kong living in such tiny subdivided units, some so small that a person cannot even fully stretch out their legs.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4585230/Shocking-pictures-reveal-tiny-Hong-Kong-coffin-homes.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_egg
nypost.com/2013/08/04/life-in-a-dog-cage-manhattans-secret-tenement-offers-hell-for-10-a-night/
youtube.com/watch?v=VKHFZBUTA4k
fda.gov/Food/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/ucm077342.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Honest thoughts?

shockingly cool wtf i love hong kong now

comfy

>retarded subhumans living in a cage

im supposed to feel pity for them?

Yeah. Why the fuck would you keep raw eggs out in room temperature? Why do asians like rotten shit to eat?

H-how much is it a month?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_egg
who knows

No one gives a fuck about you either so no, I guess not

>Yeah. Why the fuck would you keep raw eggs out in room temperature? Why do asians like rotten shit to eat?
Pretty sure we're the only country that refrigerates our eggs

No honey, you're not

Maybe if they stop eating immortal eggs they could afford a house

horrible living conditions for humans
oh, wait...this is in ChingChongLand?
who gives a shit?

I could easily live in one of these, I'd need a place to shower though.

Unwashed eggs last a lot longer without refrigerating

It's not ideal at all but fuck you can at least keep it clean. That's got to smell like ass

We do this too

Who cares

British media has the audacity to comment on living conditions in China.

I would honestly rather live in a ‘coffin home’ with chinks than in London surrounded by Muslims and Africans.

You don't have to refrigerate eggs

>all that privacy
>no noise
>puter
>internet
>food
yeah im jelly. thats NEET2.0

We are the only cool country to refrigerate our eggs*

You're not, snowflake.

nothing new, east asians are absolute subhumans.

imagine for a second that east asians are ruling the world, orwellianish but worse.

Shit, you ain't ever getting laid in one of those.

>not enough housing for all people
>media makes it about le evil rich people again
jesus FUCKING christ

I guess I would kill myself if I didnt drink myself to sleep every night

My guess is (without reading the article) that this the alternative to homelessness, in which I approve

See

>tfw slaves during the XIXth century lived in better condition
I love capitalism

Asians are like insects

Looks fucking comfy desu

Lack of housing isnt the problem retard

>you will never be a cyberpunk hacker living in kowloon walled city
why even live

Are there no public garbage cans that they can throw stuff away in? Why the fuck would you keep all those newspapers back there?

Because you will be shoved into living like this soon.
Or rather than shoved, it will be presented as the hip way to live.

It is you mong, every chink near Hong Kong want to live there, they run away from China and there is no space for everyone in HK.

Eggs don't need to be refrigerated you dumb mutt. They aren't fertilised, they won't grow into chickens if you leave them out the fridge.

If you're a poor filipino or some shit you should just leave HK. Fucking parasites.

>not wearing socks

>quarter of them suffer lung, heart, and brain damage from prolonged CO exposure
>another quarter from embolisms and blood clots
>"comfy" - /pol aspie

I'm proud of you!

the problem is obviously that there are too many fucking chinks

>Teethrottenson throwing the mutt meme around after his royal lineage got MUTTED just last week

Lllllllol.

Year because your eggs are fucked, you guys clean the protective shit of the eggs so it goes rotten faster

>no air conditioning
>cramped as fuck
>surrounded by other people on all sides
>thin walls
>greedy landlord
>have to share a single toilet with 20 other people
>comfy

>not enough housing for all people
This is mainland China you imbecile. The same place with plenty of arid place that can be used for farming and construction, or the same nation with ghost cities.

Issue is social. China is capitalistic with a big Statism and lack of playing rules. If you were born poor in China you did die more poor now. Thing is fucked up thanks to a never growing elite of Party fucks.

Reminds me of Deus Ex: HR Alice Garden Pods

>Hong Kong == Mainland China

wow you are very smart

Reminds me of the Sun Bright Hotel in NYC. Did you know there's a $10/day hotel in NYC? It's a living hell of "cages" - one big room divided into cells with an open chicken wire ceiling, infested with fleas and bedbugs, moaning inmates, cold in winter and hot in summer.

Pic is a Sun Bright inmate in a cage with everything he owns. The smell, and moans of all the crazies, and bites from bugs, condenses into a miasma of hell.

Why not move out to the country?

Fuck, do you history bro?

nypost.com/2013/08/04/life-in-a-dog-cage-manhattans-secret-tenement-offers-hell-for-10-a-night/

Neuromancer as fuck.

Fucking smell is probably off the charts. Come hear the fucking babies being made all over. Sure there’s theft as well. Give me the wide open country living anyway.

This is what Bitcoin losers and Democrats dream about. Some kind of quasai-futuristic Marxist dystopia megacity

Would solve a lot of problems for those who would otherwise be homeless. We could seriously use something like this in the US.

pretty efficient use of space i must say
wonder if you could do this for homeless people build cheap tiny houses like this

My minimum would be about 2-3 times that size, but I'm 6'3", if I was a tiny little Asian man that'd be livable.

with space that limited, leave it to chinks to fuck it up even moe

I’m probably going to come off like a dummy but does China have freedom of movement like that in the lower classes?

Lol with our fucking nig nogs and spics? Called jail.

Insects don't need much space.

Eggs don't need to be in the Refridgerator

>Reminds me of Deus Ex: HR Alice Garden Pods
this is the first thing that came to mind

>tiny little Asian man
Check out this huge black guy confined to a smaller space than those Chinese He actually worked for the city, but lost his job before he could get a pension. Imagine ending up like that.

Similar to my room but I have a workout cage next to my mattress. Comfy as fuck to be honest.

>My minimum would be about 2-3 times that size, but I'm 6'3"
same
i live like this
250 a month
everything included

IM FUCKING JELLY. THATS COMFY.

I WANNA LIVE IN THE HONG KONG AREA IN ONE OF THOSE NEETCAVES.

IT WOULD BE LIKE BEING IN A CYBERPHUNK WORLD.

WHO WANTS TO GO WITH ME?

DEUS EX
E
U
S
E
X

Holy fuck we need to get Trump to try about this. it will make NY liberals look like shit

here in burgerland the process that cleans our eggs strips them of their protective barriers, thus they must be refrigerated to keep them fresh

That can't be sanitary to shit and piss where you eat only animals in captivity do that.
Oh wait...

Try living in Jew York.

>Mainland China
>Hong Kong
pick one

Imagine being a smoker, you can have your own gas chamber

>clean the protective shit
you mean the dangerous shit that can contaminate your eggs when you crack them & then if you end up eating some of the raw egg (like from cookie dough or something) you're FUCKED

He trusted the (((government))) first mistake.

Luxury!

You think you had it hard

youtube.com/watch?v=VKHFZBUTA4k

Like I want chicken pussy juice on my eggs.

How about a nice cage in heart of NYC for just $10 a night

Guess our standards are higher mate.

>Honest thoughts

Looks awesome dude. Can't wait for it to be a cool trendy thing in San Francisco, New York, Boston.

>washing off the antibacterial varnish spray as if we're still living in the 1980's with toxic pesticides

Enjoy getting AIDS washfag.

At least your not on the streets and have a form of shelter.

I'm literally living in a tent. It's not even that bad if you're not fucking massive.

My first thought

if it's an alternative to being homeless in America.... Any day.

>actually looks /comfy/ as fuck and would probably prefer to live in one

No, he means the natural cuticle found on eggs (which is removed along with the chicken shit and other stuff when you clean them).

You can find better places on the streets, some of them even with wifi

In London up until the 70's they still had flop houses, popular with the Irish navvies who would typically work all day and drink all night till they died. If you couldn't afford to lie down you could rent a space on a rope tied between the walls and slump over it.
It's where the term strung out comes from

just like tokyo

fda.gov/Food/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/ucm077342.htm

>Cheung Chi-fong, 80, sleeps in his tiny coffin home where he cannot stretch out his legs in Hong Kong, on March 28, 2017.

asians = insects

Not everyone eats fucking paper white fake eggs like you, mutt. We don't refrigerate our eggs they keep for weeks.

We shadowrun now, chummer.