Obligatory anime topic

A.K.A if you could give an anime a reboot or a sequel. What would it be?

>pic is related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/t4TXnn5OD-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd like Soul Eater to get the brotherhood treatment.

A Sankarea s2 would be really nice though since they didn't even introduce best girl

Is it because the anime started to drift from source material?

>Not sankarea.
Explain.

I could maybe watch another 12 episodes of Death Parade.

Yeah, Death Parade had a pretty good story and a pretty amazing concept. (I just haven't been able to finish it.)

I'd kill for more Eve no Jikan.

Sankarea is unsalvageble story wise as of now.

What I'd do is:
I'd write out the MCs useless cousin. She's annoying and serves no purpose.
I'd turn the main girl's personal problems into something actually serious (the way it is now is just dumb) and also have her death actually mean something. Something better than lol she fell on a stick at least. Maybe not suicide but something on that level.

Then give the resurrection like a sinister witch-house twist, with like machiavellian style means to an end requirements.

Then with that done I'd have the story be about an awkward and meandering relationship between man and zombie, fused with existential philosophy about what life really means.

Keep the art director and set designer. The visuals were great.

Didn't the manga for this recently finish?
I thought this was a great anime, the art was beautiful, the atmosphere was fantastic, and had best grill zombie.

Does anyone know how the manga ended? Was it shit or good?

Gash Bell broterhood.
Maybe with a proper adaptation people will finally recognize it as one of the finest shounen out there

I have not heard of this one can you tell me about it.
I would agree if I hadn't read the rest of the manga. I will admit it has been a while since I've read/watched it. But I feel the second arc covers what you are talking about.

One thing I can agree on is that the cousin is just kinda of a waste.

It's an OVA about the near future where androids are developed but aren't seen as more than 'things'. Some of them develop an anomalous desire to be seen as human and find themselves drawn to a cafe called Time of Eve.

Watch the movie since it's better than the OVAs. Sammy a cute.

A high budget adaption of either WTC
imagine Umineko by Shaft

like 3-4 years ago and if i recall it was shit

Umineko should be adapted by Ufotable.

Ufotable would make it pretty, but I don't know if they could do the dialogue/mystery justice.

Why ufo? I'm trying to think of another studio that would handle all the dialogue Umineko has and Shaft also has the chops to do the action scenes when they come up.

I think ufo does the best CG effects of any of the studios but I'm not sure they'd do the mental battles well.

Just adapt until the Heracles arc in two cours and it would be god tier

HARUHI

PLEASE

I NEED S3

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

no

One Piece.

an action series should not have bad slide show action.

Fuck yes this. I remember having to wait for new episodes. This anime is seriously the hypest shit ever.
Damn that is pretty compelling stuff. So it kinda like the Beginning of the Animatrix before it everything goes to shit?
looks like andother I should add to the ever expanding watch list.

Is there anyhting about the story that stands out comparatively to other anime?
I kinda agree and disagree with you. I like the whole promise to Love her till the end. I thought it was pretty touching.

But I dislike the whole I'm going to live in isolation until I hear about the funeral bit. Also that the author going I'm going to end the Manga right at the best part. I mean come on two whole chapters just for the cop out cliffhanger-ish ending,

>looks like andother I should add to the ever expanding watch list.
Do yourself a favor and don't. The anime is actual garbage. The Visual Novel is a masterpiece, but if VN's aren't your thing then read the manga while listening to the soundtrack.

I like VN I jsut don't have any of the means to do so. I will just wait it out until I get something to run VNs.
I have not finished the anime. But could you tell me what you would like to happen to this anime?
Would reading or watching it be better?

The anime was far better than the manga and ended as best as that flaming piece of shit could be able to

New Mai Hime series when Sunrise

An anime I would have to say that deserves a reboot would have to be Deadmam Wonderland.

I looked at It's MAL and I can see why. But what would you want them to do to improve it?

ShizNat fanservice and over the top monster of the year

>lesbian canon couples getting much screentime because they are the face for lesbian couples everywhere

No.

Pic related, but make a remix of the original opening

Kill la kill reboot done by gainax in the 4 movie style.

a sequel could work with Tenjo Tenge. What happened to the illustrator is he still working.

Your post is meant to sound retarded, right?

Not him, but the anime only goes about halfway through the manga, removes one of the main characters, and changes the mood of the series entirely.

>pretentious edgy emo weeb bait
>better than a ridiculous guro-moe whiplash comedy

Howso?
Kill La Kill
Done by Gainax
In the 4 movie style they're doing the Evangelion continuation/reboot in.

I didn't mean to sound dumb but I'm incredibly tired so apologies if I did.

Also

Darker than Black.
Heaven's War or parallel storyline.

I want more retarted endings so give more Mai Hime

Someday I will push myself to finish this, but meanwhile I'll listen to the OP just a few more times

youtu.be/t4TXnn5OD-0

Sound like a pretty good reason.
Would it be a good idea to read it?
Is the darker than black series a good one?

> (You)
>Would it be a good idea to read it?
It turns a bit dark mid way but if you are fine with an ok-ish story and pretty cool art then go ahead, I personally enjoyed it, just don't go expecting a manga masterpiece tho.

I'm an idiot, here

Gash deserves an actually good anime, not just a good OST with a shit anime attached

i would have loved to see so much more of this world ugh

Full series when?

Thanks. Hows the art style comparatively to modern manga?
Agreed.
That's a unique art-style does it correlate well to the anime?
I don't believe I've ever read or heard about this series. What is it?

Rebuild of Nadia

only for sequels but not goshdang reboots. it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Sora no Woto

Either what you posted or Blood Lad.

Why? It's one of the only memorable anime from its season.

But they promised.

Fucking this, there's so much story left to tell.

I need to look this up it seems.
Serioulsy.
how would a reboot ruin it?
I know how that feels.
Just by looking at the art work I can see why you would want another season.

Several reasons why a second season would be amazing.

1. Gives the anime a lot more substance.
because the any is wacky to be wacky. IMHO I like when the author makes something have real meaning. ( a good example altough unrelated is Bojack Horseman)

2. It builds the drama, adds an interesting character, learn more about what is happening to Rea.

3. The ending is really sweet. Althought some parts of it really feel like a lame excuse; it finishes the series quite well.

The cousin's cute, that's purpose enough.

I watched the first few episodes and was generally unimpressed, does it get better from there or is it not worth continuing if I didn't like the beginning?

I'd love another Sora no Woto.

Could deal with different characters, just give me more of that setting and feel.

Beet

Just to fix the horrible art style the anime went with. At least the two OVAs were able to get it right.

>how would a reboot ruin it?
Just my concerns that all. Reboot are 50/50 same with sequels unless it succeeds or fail.

It starts coming together and making more sense but you've already seen what makes it great: the sound design and the direction.

Berserk anime that follows the manga and without CGI shit.

I did enjoy both of those aspects, just the story itself seemed awfully edgy and I didn't really like any of the characters.

I really want more Humanity has Declined.

So comfy, so colorful.

What? There was supposed to be a sequel?
No. No that's not enough of a purpose and you know it.

watamote needs a season 2 more than any anime out there right now.
Unlike all the anime you seen in this thread. watamote got fuck over so bad it was even taboo in japan for awhile.

For the most part, I'd have to agree with the bro that said Haruhi S3.
That said, I wouldn't mind seeing more Bleach now that the manga's done. Either a reboot without the filler and anime original characters, or just a straight up sequel to cover the remaining arcs from the manga.

Spice and Wolf season 3

>sequel
BLACK LAGOON SEASON 3

24 EPISODES

PLEASE

>reboot
Legend of Galactic Heroes - still keep a firm focus on the political side of things, but ramp up the militarism to include more of the brutal 'war is hell'-style action, better detail in the fleet battles, and add in a little more worldbuilding and exposition for the galaxy as well. I quite like the camp, almost Star Trek atmosphere that the narrative and characters tended to take, but a more modern and 'realistic' interpretation of the characters wouldn't be a bad thing either. A lot more could be conveyed through newer animation quality, too. Oh, and get Shirō Sagisu to do the soundtrack.

Basically make it more /k/ while keeping the politics intact.

Juuni Kokuki

Wasn't a LoGH remake already announced a while back?

Also black lagoon is bad

>Story starts to fall apart
>Ending chapters actually show a lot of promise for an emotional, sad ending
>The writers don't commit to anything against the grain and POWER OF LOVE bullshit saves the day instead
Sankarea can get fucked

this

I still belive Ufotable will announce Umineko someday

I'd like to see more Moribito. Instead of the filler of the first season, 12-13 episodes per book would allow for more content, worldbuilding and character interaction without filler.

>Wasn't a LoGH remake already announced a while back?
I don't usually follow that kind of news, but consider me interested.

>Also black lagoon is bad