How do they keep getting away with it?

How do they keep getting away with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oC2HqRS1qjo
youtube.com/watch?v=NQVlyYmrhr8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In 2011 there was literally one person on Sup Forums who believe in DEEN. That was me. I was right about pretty much everything. Shame I get no award

what u mean how they're quality is typically QUALITY

>they're

>being this new

How do we go from this?

To this?

To this?

Even this.

We're not talking about waifus here, user.

more like studio PEEN hahaha

Rakugo > Konosuba. And I loved Konosuba.

DEEN always had a story of managing to pick awesome/interesting sauces.

Ranma 1/2, Rurouni Kenshin, Fate Stay Night (1st), Higurashi, Umineko and now Konosuba, among various other popular/famous stuff.
They're like that studio that when they announce they got a series you like you go "ffffffffffffffff- oh well gotta enjoy the shit anyway"

Maybe Deen is his waifu

They need to be nuked into oblivion. I'll never forgive them for the cancer that was Hetalia.

YE

Because the Animation Director intentionally doesn't do corrections on facial work. He'd rather have them be livlier at the cost of being a bit off-model at times.
youtube.com/watch?v=oC2HqRS1qjo

DEEN is hated because of their horrible fate and umineko anime.
But times have changed and they have gotten the newfag audience with konosuba.

>Konosuba's Incredible Animation

There are a million ways to get good and goofy animation. Just look at Milky Holmes. Konosuba is just being cheap. How can shit like pic related count as "lively"?

They also fucked up Log Horizon S2.
People are also giving DEEN way too much credit for Konosuba. The source was solid and it's a comedy which allowed it to work despite DEEN QUALITY. Even so they still gutted the story seemingly arbitrarily and replaced with their own meaningless anime original content.

You posted a static screenshot of a secondary character to complain about animation. You're practically proving the point.

See That has nothing do with being off model and everything to do with being lazy at animating.

Is an example of them actually trying.

Gotta save that budget.

Since Deen-shills use "animation" to excuse QUALITY in stills, why can't he use static screenshots to complain about animation?

What, so that just doesn't count? Regardless this is just DEEN as usual. I don't see how their crap animation can suddenly be called "Incredible".

A liberal use of after effects, a good thing or a bad thing?

Bad thing, see: ufotable's "animation" in Zestiria

Why the long face?

Only Megumin is passable

The after effects piss me off because they kill the bitrate when making webms.

>lazy
>budget

These memes have to die. Animators can't afford to be lazy when their pay is shit and their it's is based on how much drawings they make instead of how long they work. The bigger problem is time, unless a studio is lucky, an episode is made a week before it airs. Being off model wasn't a stylistic choice either, the animation director just believed that more movement was more important than pretty stillframes. He wanted the animators to spend less time correcting the frames so they have more time drawing more frames.

It "counts". But it's not nearly as important as posts about QUALITY on image boards might lead one to believe. Obsession over that kind of thing led to a lot of the worst tendencies in japanese animation. Consider that one of the loosest animators around, Masaaki Yuasa, is one of the most revered by actual animators.

Now, that's not to say that DEEN is the best studio and all their work is great or something. That's obviously not true, and way more goes into a show being good or not. But at least with a comedy show like Konosuba the upside of this directing style outweighs the downside.

It's contract work. They get paid regardless of quality. They just have to make it well enough that it sells and the contractor comes back for another job.

Well for one, a still isn't a comment on animation. You just don't like the art style. It's very minimalist and expressive.

>konosuba's incredible animation
Oh it's hard to believe allright

Where the entire budget went.

Kill La Kill is minimalist and expressive. Konosuba 2 was lazy corner-cutting.

Of course the trigger niggers start crawling out of the woodwork when it's time to defend choppy lazy animation

It's like you've never seen '70s anime (esp. Go Nagai). Trigger did a perfect recap.

>the dude posting Western animation guides to defend Deen's hackery gets uppity when confronted by an anime studio that makes Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Lab references

ha ha okay kid

The only difference is that Konosuba actually had animation while Kek La Kek doesn't. Really makes you think doesn't it?

>120 11,760 2016 Studio Deen Kadokawa Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
>121 11,705 2013 Trigger Aniplex Kill La Kill

Konosuba sold more.

As much as I loved Konosuba 1 and 2, DEEN legitimately does have QUALITY issues. I don't think it "adds to the charm" or anything but it isn't going to stop me buying BDs.

I'd rather see as much if the story animated as possible, even if the QUALITY is on par with 2's fucked up proportions, massively inconsistent faces and movements etc.

Mediocrely animated Konosuba > Not animated Konosuba

This is true, but they should really step up their game.

The same guy likes Trigger, mainly Yō Yoshinari, too:
youtube.com/watch?v=NQVlyYmrhr8

Isn't a problem. He likes the style of it. But animation wise, KLK is a joke.

Because they do try when the show it's worthy, they know most source materials are trash so they don't even try.

>Konosuba sold more.

And it looks worse than a flash animation. That's the whole point. EVERYTHING Deen makes brakes the bank, and yet with every show the make they get worse and worse quality-wise. They aren't putting any of that money into their budget, they're just fleecing otaku.

I will give you this (You). It's the least i can do.

DEEN had a number of misses right before landing Konosuba. You are overestimating the power of DEEN.

the females all look like men to me, why do people unironically let this slide

I don't know how anyone defends Kill la Kill's animation when half the fight scenes in the show were three second clips repeated a dozen times.

Quality control fucked up there.

You're going to have to find me an example, it's been too long.

>you are now realizing it's been 4 years since KLK

Jesus Christ. This is about as bad as remembering it's been 10 years since Code Geass.

I should probably say that they look more masculine than feminine, that is what I meant

How so? Because of their faces?

Does this do it for you?

Will DEEN ever go back and remake their greatest hit?

Deen typically makes shit, but then when you least expect it they'll put out something thats actually really good. They're fucking with us I swear

Maybe there's a rule of DEEN where DEEN has to churn out 20 shitty shows before striking gold.

Sakamoto has got to have the most star-studded cast I've ever seen.

Studio DEEN makes mainstream shows.

I don't give a shit about animation when they're airing a masterpiece like Rakugo, maybe they're just better off going for series that rely on interesting direction rather than quality animation.