Gnosticism General

> "John, John, why do you doubt, or why are you afraid? You are not unfamiliar with this image, are you? - that is, do not be timid! - I am the one who is with you always. I am the Father, I am the Mother, I am the Son. I am the undefiled and incorruptible one. Now I have come to teach you what is and what was and what will come to pass, that you may know the things which are not revealed and those which are revealed, and to teach you concerning the unwavering race of the perfect Man. Now, therefore, lift up your face, that you may receive the things that I shall teach you today, and may tell them to your fellow spirits who are from the unwavering race of the perfect Man."

Find the light through γνῶσις, and you will break free.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_C._Lilly#Earth_Coincidence_Control_Office_(E.C.C.O.)
mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg
mega.nz/#F!0F5GXTjS!oGdz8UP5JbcleNMy6YKLvg
mega.nz/#F!cZoSEbpC!kdnYuLw3hvYSus9uZl6PRQ!QNAixJZL
mega.nz/#F!4MJE0L6Q!teKAfBlT2m3Ija-Tun-EFw
mega.nz/#F!pYRnSJaC!HrC3Siqyioo9PjdGMNWs3Q
mega.nz/#F!LotEVRxT!YE-YrG6SZ54nJqltrYN8Nw
mega.co.nz/#F!scMFjYZY!MKTKFWGVVuA7kV4OMHgkcg
mega.co.nz/#F!fo0TDC4a!Ck2n3wuqWutm3FyLtxZB8A
mega.co.nz/#F!UdxSVLJB!bgBwqzuFIV3z0HvCswA0dQ
mega.co.nz/#F!eMs1HDRD!LJcwVTJXhhx1a5bUu2l0dg
mega.co.nz/#F!6sgETKCa!vGFF5iTfCR6lH3ZLXaQorQ
mega.co.nz/#F!zQtglTAY!JZ8y7bZpqPz6od5WmtLfIg
mega.co.nz/#F!MQ8ziQKK!rzb0LRaZoyL6te1tguBNnA!RBs1mRhC
mega.nz/#F!fIchVA7Y!owKwAgGKq9pgXrbVOnkeag!7dEXGAAI
pastebin.com/v6qsewmw
mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ!8VxzyY7Y
mega.nz/#F!RktiXZBS!W_ZvtntvNvWxvsSYZCG_vg
mega.nz/#F!6kJzEIJb!aVVgmWAM-aP_bU_8Co43FA
mega.co.nz/#F!K8wTjbiZ!mWFZsQRr2SZYC1AsoE6Shw
mega.nz/#F!sU90kbAR!pXKWaWnZcY8eTIA2wUSDBA
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGc0NKUEtoLTBmQXc
mega.co.nz/#F!m00SjRRA!R_I9wzUTEhSN6spP35TyZg
mega.nz/#F!1R0QATqZ!Eb1_M5KC9gkxK6w32R2ETw
mediafire.com/?i44dwzkf9j9n8
mega.nz/#F!MQBRHBJA!L_on3h-XUrtbc719UaMygw
gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn.html
gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Now that the dust has settled, I think it's safe to say that Islam was the most successful gnostic religion

No, Allah is just another manifestation of the demiurge. Islam went even further backwards than orthodox Christianity. Islam and Judaism are the least enlightened religions.

I want to read some books on Gnosticism next year, where should I start? The Nag Hammadi?

The Quran

Definitely. Gnosticism is a philosophy, so you will find some variations. Sethianism and Valentinianism are Gnostic Christian systems that are an alternative to orthodox Christianity, but other Gnostic systems like Manichaeism form a new religion tradition on its own.

Checked.
Don't expect answers, just a shitload of questions.
Also, keep in mind that these books should not be read as canon. Many contradict each other as they weren't written in any kind of harmony. Just like any ancient text, take everything you can with a grain of salt, but let the questions simmer.

Islam is from Arian Christian gnostic tradition though. Like Manichaeism has it's own prophet.

Cool, what do you guys think of Hermeticism? Can Hermetic and Gnostic views reconcile into one?

Ya, his name was Mani, hence the name.
The idea that Gnosticism is a singular faith is silly. Some sects believed in all sorts of weird shit, while others were damned near indistinguishable from traditional Catholicism at the time.

Also, make sure to check out The Acts of Peter and the Twelve Apostles. Jesus changes his name to Lithargoel and runs around trolling rich people.

Thats kinda like saying can drinking and digesting reconcile into one.
You don't necessarily need to drink in order to digest, but you do need to digest what you drink.
But for a simple yes or no answer, Yes, if you are into that kind of thing.

Islam is under the control of the demiurge.

dont you guys think its kinda paranoid to think your life is a prison

Yes. Hermeticism tend to be very new age-esque.

The Teaching Company- Great Courses has a really good lecture series on Gnosticism.
I'm in the middle of it right now. I find I have have to watch each lecture 3 or 4 times before things really begin to sink in.

depends on if you want to think that way. I would say yer life would suck if you maintained that idea, yet I am a gnostic.
Prison is the wrong way to think about it. Imagine yourself being sucked into a video game. You get stuck with shitty dialogue streams and for some stupid reason you cant jump over 2ft tall fences. All the silly tropes that exist in the game would be akin to our own diminished abilities here on earth. Yet we are willingly playing the game.
I wish i weren't so damned tired right now so i could explain it better. Point is, the "prison" is really just a diminished version of our higher selves. We can "log out" of the game whenever we want. We do it every night, in fact.

i tend to think of the idea that gnosticism presents in "inverse" terms, and getting it rid of the paranoia and demiurge factor

what i mean is, the material world and our experience of life as a sort of metaphor, a representation, of a higher more complex mechanism/conversation/education/transmission occuring between our individual souls and the monad/god/whatever

what i don't like about proper gnosticism is the distrust factor, the refusal to try derive ulterior meaning in mundane dynamics, and instead the obsession over trying to escape what is our only input into "existence" and deriving truth from intellectual abstraction and fringe experiences that overflow the sensory stimulus

lot of typos there, hope its clear

Yeah, it's clear. The point you made is exactly why I don't care about Hermeticism.
There was a time early on when I thought all this crazy knowledge could give me a leg up in escaping my pathetic existence, but that didn't last too long. As I applied the wisdom I came to understand that my entire focus was off. I was so dead set on running away from everything and never once allowing myself to pull back and understand why I was in that particular position.
For more video game analogies, when applied correctly, Gnosticism functions as a shift from an FPS to a 3rd person shooter. You get a better idea of your surroundings and hindsight becomes foresight. Everything around you takes on some kind of meaning and you can't help but look at the world through a meta-lens.
Escape is not the point.

gnostic btfo by the book of revelation

14And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

the 4 beast are the 4 gospels the 24 elders are the old testament the books of the prophets used to be 1

Do some research into why Irenaeus was so insistent on there being only 4 gospels when dozens were available for consideration. Many of them can be found in the Nag Hammadi library.

>3And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. 4These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth.

>yfw you cannot even read the bible hidden by god like the 14,000

mmm are you saying gnosticism isnt necesarilly about achieving gnosis (liberating the Divine spark) via rituals to overflow the senses?

I like the concept of Emanations doe

But what i mean by trying to understand the metaphor is that ever since i dominated my paranoia im starting to have a fuck load of synchronicities, also charged a number. Im having a fucking lot of them, specially when im doubting about stuff, and when i let myself be guided by them it really ends up being constructively

Sth like this i guess:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_C._Lilly#Earth_Coincidence_Control_Office_(E.C.C.O.)

>Irenaeus

thanks looking into it seems interesting to follow where the holy spirit died

Liberating the divine spark is the first step up the mountain. Not difficult to do. In fact, some people are born into it and would have no idea what it feels like to be without it.

You got it, by the way. synchronicity and gut feeling. Follow it always, and if things start getting out of hand, just remind yourself of the 'good luck bad luck' Chinese proverb. Once you start down that path, it's no longer about you anymore. You belong to the world.

>Islam was the most successful gnostic religion

Get out of here Demiurge

Please share with me where and how I can learn more about this topic? I've always been aware of some higher guiding hand in my life (God to me), but I've only recently become aware of synchronicity and the like from here and Jordan Peterson.

I've tried reading esoteric works recommended here like books on Hermeticism and The Emerald Tablet, but I'm not sure if that's the proper starting point.

Why did the Green Pill meme die?

I'm out for now. Need slep.
Hope I was able to help.

it didnt die it just went underground

did you read secret teachings of all ages?

You got me before I passed out.
Really, its less of what you learn and more how you apply what you know. You could read everything ever written and still never get it.
Conversely, you could find it in a single Dr.Seus book and become entirely aware. The best advise I can give you is to find yourself in such a position of vulnerability that your ego cant function properly. From that point, truth resonates and you can find yourself taking it all in and applying it easily.
It's like chemo for the soul.

I hate that this all has to come out so vague and seemingly insubstantial, but the truth is, it's different for everyone. That's why I can't be explained directly. We can only explain the methods through metaphor because only metaphor is universal.

Jordan Peterson is an excellent starting point, as he will get you thinking more about yourself. Find the dragons in yourself and overcome them. And never take your eyes off of them in the future.
It's gonna sound strange, but I wouldn't go reading the Nag Hammadi Library without first reading the Bible and finding what doesn't fit.

>The best advise I can give you is to find yourself in such a position of vulnerability that your ego cant function properly. From that point, truth resonates and you can find yourself taking it all in and applying it easily.

This is a horrible advice, great way to commit spiritual suicide

Spiritual suicide IS the way.
You need to see the distinction between yourself and your ego before you are able to recognize that you are not your ego.
Before I let this go too far, understand that the ego is not the enemy, as some love to claim. It's the first mate of the ship who thinks he runs the place because we gave him the wheel and passed out. We need to take the wheel back and keep him on task.
The ego is an incredible ally, if allowed to function correctly.

I think all "hidden knowledge" and secret societies are garbage kike shit playing on childish ego, but the fact that this world is designed to reward actions that humans find viscerally unjust while punishing what we find viscerally good has to be dealt with. Gnostic cults become attractive to those who can't stomach "thanking God" for this shitty world like the mainstream religions demand.

But that is actually a result of the perversion of Christianity which originally taught you should not be of the world and you should not seek heaven or glory in this world. You don't need a cult if you read the gospels with open eyes and ignore the church, as it makes a lot more sense and is a lot more inspiring than the gloominess of gnostic occultism.

Yeah I got that book, didn't finish it though. Felt like I didn't fully grasp everything and needed more reading beforehand. Currently reading some Greek texts and the Bible. Definitely will continue when I'm finished.

Yeah - theres much I didn't understand or mis-understood but alot I found interesting.

I read "lost keys of Freemasonry" after, and thought I should have read it first as a kind of introduction

Whoahhhh.

< < < < < This is also good after secret teachings

Heres some books:

Philosophy: mega:#F!MQBRHBJA!L_on3h-XUrtbc719UaMygw

Pol : mega:#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg

Temple of Solomon: mega:#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ!JIoGyKBZ

Temple Of Solomon The King: mega:#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ!pVRCzDII

/biz/ Economics: mega:#F!1R0QATqZ!Eb1_M5KC9gkxK6w32R2ETw

Politically Incorrect : mega:#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg!o0Uk3KTJ

media : mega:#F!VNdgSQyC!Qw6lyxubUXhIrcdCAVwnjQ!4AkHyaAY

more books

mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg (Sup Forums stuff I)

mega.nz/#F!0F5GXTjS!oGdz8UP5JbcleNMy6YKLvg (Sup Forums stuff II)

mega.nz/#F!cZoSEbpC!kdnYuLw3hvYSus9uZl6PRQ!QNAixJZL (Sup Forums stuff III)

mega.nz/#F!4MJE0L6Q!teKAfBlT2m3Ija-Tun-EFw (Sup Forums stuff IV)

mega.nz/#F!pYRnSJaC!HrC3Siqyioo9PjdGMNWs3Q (Sup Forums stuff V)

mega.nz/#F!LotEVRxT!YE-YrG6SZ54nJqltrYN8Nw (Sup Forums stuff VI)

mega.co.nz/#F!scMFjYZY!MKTKFWGVVuA7kV4OMHgkcg (Sup Forums stuff VII)

mega.co.nz/#F!fo0TDC4a!Ck2n3wuqWutm3FyLtxZB8A (Sup Forums related)

mega.co.nz/#F!UdxSVLJB!bgBwqzuFIV3z0HvCswA0dQ (Sup Forums related)

mega.co.nz/#F!eMs1HDRD!LJcwVTJXhhx1a5bUu2l0dg (Sup Forums related)

mega.co.nz/#F!6sgETKCa!vGFF5iTfCR6lH3ZLXaQorQ (TGSNT, William Pierce, Icelandic Sagas)

mega.co.nz/#F!zQtglTAY!JZ8y7bZpqPz6od5WmtLfIg (Third Reich films)

mega.co.nz/#F!MQ8ziQKK!rzb0LRaZoyL6te1tguBNnA!RBs1mRhC (Third Reich recordings)

mega.nz/#F!fIchVA7Y!owKwAgGKq9pgXrbVOnkeag!7dEXGAAI (Asatru / Paganism)

pastebin.com/v6qsewmw (/sum/ info)

mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ!8VxzyY7Y (Occult literature I)

mega.nz/#F!RktiXZBS!W_ZvtntvNvWxvsSYZCG_vg (Occult literature II)

mega.nz/#F!6kJzEIJb!aVVgmWAM-aP_bU_8Co43FA (Occult literature III)

mega.co.nz/#F!K8wTjbiZ!mWFZsQRr2SZYC1AsoE6Shw (Occult books, big file size)

mega.nz/#F!sU90kbAR!pXKWaWnZcY8eTIA2wUSDBA (Full Sinister Tarot)

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGc0NKUEtoLTBmQXc ("Mesmer's Lair", hypnosis etc.)

mega.co.nz/#F!m00SjRRA!R_I9wzUTEhSN6spP35TyZg (Psychopolitics)

mega.nz/#F!1R0QATqZ!Eb1_M5KC9gkxK6w32R2ETw (/biz/ related)

mediafire.com/?i44dwzkf9j9n8 (art)

mega.nz/#F!MQBRHBJA!L_on3h-XUrtbc719UaMygw (philosophy)

wtf is gnosticism, can someone plz explain

basically you're trapped inside a dying animal

Its basically what religion is after you remove all the allegory and metaphors

wtf

Gnosticism is a philosophy that originated in early Christianity. Gnostic's believe the material world is evil, and ruled over by a demiurge and the lower Aeon known as Sophia. In each and everyone of us, there is a spark/light that is trapped in this evil material world. Through Gnosis, one can be freed from this world. Great Gnostic teachers in history include Seth, the third son of Adam and Eve, Zoroaster, Jesus the Christ, Valentinus, and the prophet Mani, among others. Many Gnostics see Jesus as the most important Gnostic teacher, and in fact many Gnostic Christians see Jesus as the Gnostic saviour.

>Through Gnosis, one can be freed from this world.
what is gnosis??

Knowledge acquired through direct (spiritual) experience as opposed to that which is learned through dogma, dialectic, etc

Jesus said, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter the kingdom." (Thomas 1:22)

If you correctly interpret this, I tell you the truth, you will not taste death. You will gain proper gnosis.

im really interested, coull you recomend any books on influenial thinkers, or even exlain even further?

gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn.html

gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html

See:
'The Gnostic Gospels' by Elaine Pagels is also interesting. Montalk.net also has an interesting section on gnosticism.

>Elaine

thanks

Is demiurge saturn? Or is it bullshit?

>Pagels
Do not disrespect my academic GILF

I've been interested in Gnosticism for a long time now, but I thought it is just a more "spiritual" form of Schopenhauers philosophy. How true is this? Can someone tell me if it's worth it to start reading Gnostic literature or should I stay with Platon, (based) Schopenhauer and Kant? Academics pls respond

#1 dumbest larp

How will our heavenly father humiliate the demiurge in the end times?

The demiurge is there to create the material world (ie the FAKE transient world) for us to either get corrupted by OR recognize that is transient and fleeting and overcome the lusts and desires of materialism by focussing on our eternal selves.

The demiurge is doing its job and WE are the only ones to get humiliated by believing it

It might not be for all, but a very distinct week-long failing of ego is when things started to click for me. I'm the type of person that can live in the abyss without wanting to take my life or anything drastic. I could see this advice being bad for, say, a manic depressive who can't bring himself back from the darkness.

This is bad advice. Citing E-celebs is proof user is naive and still learning - but then I guess we all are.

Anyone getting spammed into your consciousness is not good to consume - Jordan Peterson included. Anyone with anything of worth to say will be hard to find.

Some gnostic motherfucker please explain to me how is a material (later and lesser) being able to rise to the status of divine (prior and greater) without the divine intervening?

luck and boredom

gnosis

lul

oh come on now, mutt. How?

Look for it.

>resume of gnostic philispy

VALIS by Philip K Dick

no nigger, this is

You live in hell? what, kys unironically and be liberated

Antinatalists don't actually wish they didn't exist, they're just addicted to whining.

You live by pure psyche, you were not granted the gift of the spark in the elect have.

earth is hellish in many ways

There are many archons that guard the boundary of the spirit realm and if you do not have sufficient gnosis you won’t breach them so they throw you back into this world

Is this the culmination of the gnostic philosophy?
How does a material being knowing some stuff allow him to transcend distinct levels of existence? Compared to the case where not knowing some stuff, the being is unable to do so.

How do you justify your "metaphysics"? if you can't you're nothing but an another materialist cuck.

Lol

Hermits believe the creation to be good where as the Gnostic believes it to be bad and born of an evil creator propping itself up as the real one.

Because it gives light to the spark within you, it rises you above the material place, which is ignorance. Once you lose ignorance, you break free from matter.

I know if I meditate and focus just right I can alter my head space. I even feel slightly whoozy, but I can control that too. You are basically awareness locked into a cage, once the cage breaks you have a chance of escaping. Don't be swept up by the tide of reincarnation. Escape back to where you came from.

No, because there are no feelings of paranoia. I still function as if I didn't have the knowledge.

Shoot, I'm beginning to use the synchronicity itself as a tool on occasion. Put on some heavy metal on a heavy work day, something I have never heard, but I move as if I have heard it whilst it props up my energy. Granted, I can keep my energy levels up on my own as I have in the past, but lately, I have been behaving as my old self. So it does eat away at things like that.

I saw an entity once in physicality. I instinctively thought it was evil so I rushed to attack it before it could attack me. It vanished and sometimes I wonder if I did this saying.

ITT: a bunch of college age pot smoking bums who never had kids. You niggers have no idea. I was studying alchemy when I was 15, pic related.

Most important thing that young people don't realize: the old fuckers know. Listen to them and give them respect.

Jesus outsmarted all the elders of zion so no

Fuck the kybalion and nag hammadi, go read wilhelm reich, viktor schauberger, john ellis, rudolf steiner, quit smoking pot and practice silva mind control every day and start a biodynamic garden. Fucking make something happen.

>Because it gives light to the spark within you, it rises you above the material place, which is ignorance. Once you lose ignorance, you break free from matter.
Drop the newage lingo, it's terminally gay.
So, technically a person gaining knowledge x allow them to ignore material limitations? This would mean that a wholly material person can just come up with x and his state of existence changes.
Is x transcendent, if so, how can a wholly material being interact with it at all?
If there's a transcendent "spark" within man, man is not wholly material. Which would mean that man is born part material and part transcendent which would mean that becoming transcendent would not actually be transcending anything (metaphysically), since man would be, by nature, transcendental. Therefore you're a materialist.

You either sound like a 14 year old who thinks he has discovered something deep, or an old psychotic druggie.

I've been reading some stuff on gnosticism and it seems very interesting and shares many points with my point of view.
I'm a solipsist, so is it possible for the demiurge to be my own mind? My mind, limiting me into a physical body as a vicious joke, a simulatiob of sorts, just to have me freed on death and reunite with my mind. So, is there a branch of gnosticism that focuses on this exact belief?

Jesus said, "Lucky is the lion that the human will eat, so that the lion becomes human. And foul is the human that the lion will eat, and the lion still will become human." (Thomas 1:7)

Jesus said, "Where there are three deities, they are divine. Where there are two or one, I am with that one." (Thomas 1:30)

Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where have you come from?' say to them, 'We have come from the light, from the place where the light came into being by itself, established [itself], and appeared in their image.' (Thomas 1:50)

Jesus said, "I disclose my mysteries to those [who are worthy] of [my] mysteries. (Thomas 1:62)

Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven." (Thomas 1:114)

You got an answer or just babby-tier heresy?

If you want to understand why it's fucking retarded, read pic related.

Jesus said, "Whoever drinks from my mouth will become like me; I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to him." (Thomas 1:108)

how the fuck is that materialist, it literally indictes to break from the chains of the material world, if man being born with a methaphysical part imediatly turns a believe into a materialist one, then no methapysical believe ever to exist woud be methapysical, are you actually retarded??

Damn, I had something similar happen to me. A closed-eye vision when I was half-asleep and an entity running towards me manically with a light. It caused my unconscious to shiver and I got nervous, wide-eyed and "shoo'd" it away.

the idea is there's a light(god) that kinda difuminates into darkness till it reaches some sort of body of water(demiurge) which reflects the whole difumination upside down; this is body of water is responsible for the inversion of deities, therefore inside the water the highest point is hidden in the very depths of it, the light also gets distorted as well as inverted

the body of water itself is the demiurge, the "watery substance" the material realm, the divine substance (the light) goes both through the non-material(metaphysical?) "ether" and through the water, so the light kinda trascends the two realms that one would normally call physical and metaphysical

Then at this point i think the myth goes that the purest parts of the light send Sophia down to trick the demiurge and throw a spark into the water that goes all the way down and shines from below so as to "reinforce" the light beneath the water and make it brighter so that the reflected, lower emanations of the light can free themselves from the distorsion induced by the water substance.

This spark is wisdom and science, the "lowest part of light" is the distorted reflection of the upper part of light (god), which would be the human being, which uses the spark to try brigten up the emanation and form some kind of undistorted romboid of light which would trascend the limitations put forth by the body of water on the "shape" of the emanation of divine light

>Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven." (Thomas 1:114)

Hol up, is Jesus advocating for transgenderism here? I dont understand this, any insight into it?

The female spiritually symbolizes weakness and ignorance, the male spiritually symbolizes freedom and strength. Males are made more enlightened than women, but women too can "make themselves male" spiritually.