Neon Genesis Evangelion

How well does the manga compare to the anime? Anything in particular that you felt was better/worse?

The manga is the only Eva material I've actually finished. I liked it, though I've heard it's ending is very different from the anime(s).

Slightly different, more conclusive ending I guess.

Rei is more of a focus

Introducing Kaworu early was a nice idea.

Same as killing of Touji for that extra punch.

Both of those parts fucked me up tbqh

Rei gets more development, Karl is hands down the best Kaworu and Toji's death was sad

Gendo getting superpowers was shit

>Gendo getting superpowers
Is been awhile but I definitely don't remember that part. Didn't he get shot [/ spoiler] by bestgirl?

Manga > Anime because Asuka is even more decisively chosen as best girl

Anime > Manga for filosofee etc.

Shinji has a lot more balls.

Haven't read the manga since it ended like 4 or 5 years ago. I remember Gendo used Adam in his hand to use AT Field shit. And how and why would he be shot by Maya, who is a pacifist?

>being a Mayafag
good taste. I felt bad when she got TANG'd

Why feel bad for her? She was overjoyed that senpai finally noticed her.

I don't know, I was in a weird place back then iirc. I probably should have laughed at that part

Why was Kaworu such a weirdo in the manga?

First 75% of it is great, then it tumbles down and never recovers in quality. It's shit.

He acted like how an autist with no understanding of human interaction would really act like

Oh gee, this girl who we know nothing about and had a total of 5 minutes of screentime as a background character sure is great!

This a manga discussion thread, faggot
Also, characters need nothing more than a decent personality and good design to be waifutier

Better than your waifu at the very least.

Manga was worth reading. Parts were better parts were worse. Fights are all obviously better on tv because fights in comics are boring. I think there was one superior fight though.

Kaji and Gendo added characterization was good.

Ending was worse.

Characters like Kaji and Gendo were more fleshed out, and everyone was a lot more likable, however the story got wonky at the end and there was no real consistency with themes or a message.
Sadamoto lost any semblance of passion and interest he had for the Manga in the latter half and it really shows.
Shaun Karl antics were hilarious, though.

Imo it's a more "shounen-ized" version of Eva, a lot of the more ambiguous and convoluted aspects of the show are presented and explained in a simpler format and the tone is much more lighthearted.
However at the end of the day it just can't compare to the impact of NGE TV.
Rather than compare the two, I prefer to see it as a supplement/extra fanservice for fans of the series.

First half is great. Some characters are less annoying and have more likable personality.

Later half is much worse and Sadamoto obviously lost all interest.

Also he introduced best woru so it's already a great achivement.

Shaun is a typical tsundere though.

Hiatuses killed my hype for it.

Rei is still a toilet

Ending was literally just a shittier version of EoE. Not worth the wait.