BanG Dream

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-03-15/bang-dream-dojin-event-only-recruits-9-circles/.113364
Just bang my dream up, senpai.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=971Qyl8SURc
youtube.com/watch?v=UxGLkF8gWBM
youtube.com/watch?v=Sti3ph5qXAc
youtube.com/watch?v=IgGc5-eTRyg
youtu.be/OK5GfyEpyV8
youtube.com/watch?v=FwWyN0HJulg
youtu.be/FvkjEzM_tno?t=1m44s
bangdreamer.com/list2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Remember when mods would ban people for posting ann clickbait? I miss those days.

Arisa is top poppin'

Poopin' party is trash anyway, I'm glad this shit is flopping.

>Most talked about thing on Japanese twitter the day the game released
>Most played mobile game right now

>hurrr its flopping because of this one small fan event not having more circles than 2hu @ comiket

for a reference, how many circles would new series normally recruit?

also when did last thread die?

They haven't been building up BanG Dream the proper way imo.
Should have chosen a specific area where to grow, and then once it's proven grow into other places.
It's too much like a fast burn venture project imo.
Which is sad because I really like the concept of idol bands.

T7S anime when tho.

>Should have chosen a specific area where to grow, and then once it's proven grow into other places.
You mean like the mobile game market?

>Most talked about thing on Japanese twitter the day the game released
Sure thing pal
>Most played mobile game right now
Because it just got released
>hurrr its flopping because of this one small fan event not having more circles than 2hu @ comiket
I'm not saying they should bring as much circles as 2hu does though.
But if they can manage to attract only 9 circles after having been around for 2 years, then there's clearly something wrong.

But the game just got released, the franchise isn't new, it's been like what, 2 years in name out? and haven't done anything to build up a fanbase really. Plus the market is ridden with mobages.

It probably seemed easy as fuck to them since LL went from 0 to 60 in nothing, ignoring that that's not the case for all new media franchises, how many shit mobages or cash grab shit are out there?
It really seems like venture business, they just throw money randomly and see what sticks, if it doesn't they might break even in a year or two and then call it quits.
Maybe the timing wasn't right, it's been eclipsed by other franchises, but really I don't see it generating a loyal fanbase the way it is when everyone is saturating the market.

>Sure thing pal
???
It was consistently near the top all day while those others are short lived trends and it was always above #aikatsu
But I guess since normalfag twitter memes were above it then it doesnt matter if it's higher than one of the most popular idol anime
>Because it just got released
Good point I guess every game that lingers at #1 for a bit as soon as it's released, right?
>But if they can manage to attract only 9 circles after having been around for 2 years, then there's clearly something wrong.
Not every event is going to have a trillion circles entering every time

Why is this news?

Why do you think ANN is news?

>It was consistently near the top
There's a difference between "most talked thing" and "near the top". You should have said "one of the most talked things"
>Good point I guess every game that lingers at #1 for a bit as soon as it's released, right?
Ok, is it #1 right now?
>Not every event is going to have a trillion circles entering every time
Again, who's saying they should bring trillion circles? Do you realise there's also a middle, "average" ground between two extremes?

>There's a difference between "most talked thing" and "near the top". You should have said "one of the most talked things"
It probably was the most talked about thing when you combined all the different hashtags people were using.
>Ok, is it #1 right now?
It's #6 but the statistics aren't being tracked properly because it's so recently released.
>Do you realise there's also a middle, "average" ground between two extremes?
It's a lot harder to enjoy posting on the internet when replying in an intelligent, level headed manner.

But none of this matters. The clear success and following the series has out weights literally one event "failing".

Regardless of what I'll write next, I don't think Band Anime (assuming it's the next fad) will be big until 2020-22.

I am not sure if I want band anime to replace idol anime. They are about a band instead of idols, which in my opinion kinda puts a cap on where the story can go: it's easier at the start, because the goal of making a band is simple and straightforward, but once you get there writing sounds very limited to me. It will need you to break the usual otaku topics if you want something interesting.
Another problem is that you lose all the symbolic meaning of the idol, a band is a band and there isn't much more to that in itself.

Fag

I disagree, imo you haven't really put much thought into it.
The "making a band" storyline is maybe at best just the intro to a band centric plot.
Getting gigs, promotion, rehearsing, writing music, performing, gear, bandmate relationships, festivals, etc. are all part of being in a committed group.
Bandmates relationships drama is the most easy one, personally I dislike it but I won't deny that it's one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, issue in being a band. It happens all the time, and one can find inspiration everywhere to write this shit. You see it too in idol groups, so it's just the same, but instead of them all being vocals, they perform with instruments.
Also, dunno about your preference in music, but band idolatry is real and big just like idols themselves (think about all the western scene based on rock bands). And there's idol worship of people who play in bands, think of all the famous guitarists, drummers, bass players (lul), singers, etc.

Anyway, personally I've always perceived music band stories as being more... rock based, with this diy rock/punk spirit, the struggling of the new band, romance, loss, etc. a bit more like you would read in a seinen manga.
Mixing idols which are a staple of big money, pop for the masses, otaku culture cash grabs, with music bands which are always more about breaking through the mainstream, sticking it to the big labels, etc. feels weird imo.
Sure, there are local idols, we've seen the documentaries of their struggles, all that shit, but I don't feel it it goes along well with the otaku product they are trying to sell.
I hope I'm proven wrong since I would like to see it succeed.

I have faith in bandori.

I have faith in Arisa

I have faith in Rinko.

I have faith in KasuAri.

I have faith in Saya

I have faith in Tae.

BanG Dream is such a sad story. Shilled for months before the anime aired, even here there were literal paid Sony shills promoting the trash. The Twitter account is being followed by 90% bought bots. The BDs are flopping even with a concert ticket. They probably thought since all this shady business practices worked for LoveLive, it should work with other shows as well, they were wrong.

Praised be Pastel*Palettes

Have faith

you know it's going to be very unlikely that they will ever make western song covers like they slightly implied that one time

>jap neets don't care about it
>probably expensive
>sound like shit, no one can speak english

They should simply do covers the way im@s does them, they are pretty good.
Otherwise hopefully never, because I expect this:
youtube.com/watch?v=971Qyl8SURc

it's like that thing that happened in girlish number

Incest?

I don't understand why so many people on Sup Forums believe in these insane tinfoil hat theories, especially when there's never any proof.

huh i didn't know there was an entire album by this group...

Idol projects >>> band projects

Idols can easily have "rock band" units as well as mix in some other genres in their songs, so what's the point of these new band projects if they'll only play pop-rock shit and nothing else?

because they play instruments
that's honestly the biggest selling point for me
and also because aqours is a bigger flop than bang dream

I'd rather listen to songs played by people rather than listen to idols who pretend to play, or actually try then end up failing & crying on stage.

overzealous producers

youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu savage

It's not like bands can't perform other music besides 3 chord rock.
But that's up to the producers.
They could easily do an electro band too, synths and vocals, or yoko ono whatever shove a shell in your vagina and sing, or ghey indie that consists of cajon, djembe, acoustic guitar, and feelings.
But like idol projects, they take the safe route, so this is what we get.

And like >be idoru
>haven't practiced the song on piano
>the producer will rape me if I fail
>cry onstage to avoid playing it
>members come and hug me
>producer still rapes me
I enjoy idols, but I wish we could get anything more than backing track fuck ups.

This, honestly I only enjoy it due to gear faggotry and because they put effort into the instruments and playing (the depiction of it).

>because aqours is a bigger flop than bang dream
lol
>I'd rather listen to songs played by people rather than listen to idols who pretend to play
Why does it matter wether they can play it or nor if it's not live perfomance? And I hope you don't think that girls in Bang Dream actually wrote any of their songs.
>actually try then end up failing & crying on stage.
It was staged

Remove idolfags

Honestly It doesn't matter to me at all I just wanted to remind everyone Poppin' Party > Waters

>riding off coat tails of µ's
>can't even sell out or get top 10 sales
aqours is a huge flop, it would have died long ago without the love live name

The main difference is that Idols get raped by their producers (male) daily, while band girls only get raped by their band members (female)

>Pooppin' Party
>pop-"rock" band
>already has more than 10 songs
>yet every single one of them is far less catchy that rock song by idol project
youtube.com/watch?v=UxGLkF8gWBM
Explain

>It was staged
Even worse. Why pay like 100 bucks to see 15 of crying in the middle of a set.

>their producers (male)
only in Im@s

>BDs average is going to be 45-50k
>sell out biggest arenas in Japan
>huge flop
Sure thing.

Honestly, where's my emo twinkle idol band?

They could write their own songs. I also don't see that being too far fetched of an idea in the future either.

>Explain
It isn't catchy and it isn't good. You should stop trying to make people like this trash.

>sell out

rofl

Look at all of these butthurt LL fans!

>They could
Call me when they actually do
Name any Pooppin' Party song that is better

>no new episode tomorrow

no?!
fuck that

im not butthurt

>Name any Pooppin' Party song that is better
youtube.com/watch?v=Sti3ph5qXAc
youtube.com/watch?v=IgGc5-eTRyg
One single is better than all of Love Live combined

uhh aqours is just edm and jeigarbombs
youtu.be/OK5GfyEpyV8
that isn't "idol music"

it's normietrash

>Name any Pooppin' Party song that is better
So I should just name every poppin party song?

Not gonna lie, even if the songs are on par with "battle of the bands" local bands, I enjoy that they actually play, cleanly and well.
youtube.com/watch?v=FwWyN0HJulg
I can't into moon, but I wish I could read how they recruited the girls, they all seem either seasoned players, or they practiced like mad since they were scouted.

>they unironically think this Nickelback x Avril Lavigne-tier shit is good
That's why no one gives a fuck about Floppin' Party.

meanwhile
youtu.be/FvkjEzM_tno?t=1m44s

>That's why no one gives a fuck about Floppin' Party.
What about the tens of thousands of people buying the merch, talking about it, and playing the game?

Like I don't even understand why anyone would defend aqours. Muse, I understand, but come on, aqours is literal dogshit. You're really in no position to even be shitting up other threads. Isn't there a containment general for you to shitpost in?

>What about the tens of thousands of people buying the merch
lol

What are you trying to prove with this pic?

huh good point
I guess this picture proves Japanese people hate ice cream and love live

>I don't even understand
That's because you're dumb.

>9(nine) circles
bangdreamer.com/list2.html

2 band anime this season
2 upcoming next season

except they actually do great

>implying its not aqours member that cry and stop the performance eventhough all they have to do is pretend dance and pretend sing

Yeah, I must be dumb for not seeing the appeal in eating up LITERAL dogshit. Kill yourself.

Fits is just Aimi, who plays guitar in her solo or other performances in other projects. Then Ayasa joined, but she doesnt have any music instruments experience. After that Rimi joined the project, she have experience in bands but only done 1 voice work. Then Saechi joined, she used to play street lives and write music, played piano and acoustic guitar, completely new to voice acting. Last member is Hasshi who plays drums as hobby since 5th grade.

>Fits
First*

Also source is their new year tv program.

>9(nine) circles
That's a lot for an event that's supposed to be for Tokyo 7th Sisters.
Have you heard that Love Live isn't there at all? I guess LL is dead, RIP.

subunit songs have always been hit and miss

All I can say is thank you for all Love Live fans for the money they give to Bushiroad so they can fund this project.

>nice circles out of 400 possible
>a lot
lol
And LL have this kind of even every month.

>BangDream fags in THIS much denial
lmao just end yourselves

nine*

>Being this insecure

Man, LL must be going to shit.

Woah
So this is the power of Bushiroad "boom" project that's been active for 2 years already...

I think it all comes down to the fact that BanG Dream is a really fucking stupid name.

What, you don't bang your dreams?

"Stupid" is the word you can use to describe this whole project though so the name actually fits.

It's not a Bang Dream event and it only has just over 100 circles in total

It's not "T7S" event either, it's a joint event with 3 series.

AkoLisa > AkoRinko

Yet the fake news article implies it's an officially endorsed BanG Dream only event, not something that has gone on for awhile which recently tacked on some new series.

It's not really a "boom" project though, the project starts slowly, they only able to assemble full poppin party members in august, six month since the project started with only Aimi. And if you look at it, musically they did better than μ's did back then, Poppin party managed to get to top 10 oricon with 5 singles, while μ's was still at 30th on their 5th single. And the only exposure for bang dream before the anime and the game was just small manga, radio and live concerts. And the live concert was successful too, with 2nd and 3rd live get full seated in 3k capacity venues (no report on 1st live). The anime is a huge failure though, I admit it. But the game starting strong, it's #1 trending music game category in japan. While I wont say this project is a huge success currently, it's definitely isn't a flop.

My keyboard also has midi input and output, would Kasumi say that it's amazing?

she doesn't know what midi is

Kasumi is a dumb autist.

Also, I have faith in autism.

another surprise best girl..

i bet she could knock me out stone cold with those vicious little fists

You could check the archive, and use one of those twitter follower tools by yourself.

But there's no proof of them using it

Yesterday's stream got 25k viewers on both fresh and nico combined thats 1/4 of the followers which is normal.

Ignore shitposters. Have faith in bandori.

There's no point replying to those people. Everything is a bot. I'm a bot, you're a bot, they're either insane or shitposting.

>music sales great
>game sales great

The anime will be better in season 2 which will attract more artists so there is nothing to worry about.