UQ Holder Anime

Nobody asked for this.

twitter.com/UQHOLDER_anime
uqholder.jp/

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-17/uq-holder-tv-anime-reveals-october-debut-visual-cast-staff/.113593
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=68405
youtube.com/watch?v=su_itmWsR14
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nobody asked for UQ to begin with

It was all a mistake from the beginning. Akamatsu should've made a real Negima sequel instead of this timeskip bullshit.

The anime is by JC Staff, by the way.

I thought Kirie had orange hair. Why the fuck is Makie there? I guess Ken will never get a good adaptation of his work.

Dem kitties.

dammit I was hoping it would end before trash marysue kyrie showed up

That's seriously the art style they're using? Most of them look pretty bad in it.

Akira's granddaughter yet?

Looks like super low budget shit.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-17/uq-holder-tv-anime-reveals-october-debut-visual-cast-staff/.113593

Necessity of this anime aside, that art style is just bleh.

Not a fan of studios that can't adapt a mangakas art style. Like come the fuck on.

How did they manage to make Touta look even more generic? Also, Kitty looks off, but I can't put my finger on it.

But but we dont want shaft...and their perfect character design adaptation.

>Akamatsu should've made a real Negima sequel instead of this timeskip bullshit.
>I refuse to judge something on it's own merits.

Well, at least this manner of shitposting is more logical than what there has been.

Akamatsu is also handling series composition along side this guy:
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=68405

>I refuse to judge something on it's own merits.
I'll judge it then. Pure garbage, a waste of time.

The issue with UQ Holder is and always will be that it can't decide if it wants to be its own thing or a sequel.

I wouldn't mind Touta and the immortals doing immortals thing and I would like to see what the fuck happened to Negi.

But instead we get a halfassed middleground where the UQ holder characters are underdeveloped literally whos in their own series and Negima characters are gutted.

This will be another shitfest.

Why is Makie on the poster? Wouldn't it make more sense to put Fate, Santa, or Ikku there? Makie shows up literally once in the prologue with the rest of 3-A. It'd make more sense to put Mana up there than Makie.

Marketing. Horie Yui's an easy sell.

It implies she won the Negi Bowl.

Since Neji and Asuna are on the background I expect them to show Kirie being kissed a lot.

to bait old negima fans into watching

>J.C. Staff

Shit gets shit

Running down the staff, we have:

Director: Suzuki Youhei
HenNeko, DanMachi Sword Oratoria, ShimoSeka, Urara Meirochou
(Also digital photography on Love Hina)

Series Composition: Yasukawa Shogo
Rakudai Kishi, Shokugeki no Soma, Neptunia, Rokujyouma, Terraformars

Character Design: Fujii Masahiro
Yumekui Merry, Zero no Tsukaima, Hayate S2, Mahoraba, Sakurasou, ShimoSeka

Also, a poster from the event had Tokyo MX listed, implying late night. (Negima had prime time over on TV Tokyo.)

They've done good before, this on the other hand looks like they don't give a fuck.

Photos from the exhibition

>They've done good before
Yeah I think that was in the 90's with Utena

>Yasukawa Shogo
I'm actually happy with this choice.

Have you been living under a rock for the past couple of years?

Negima had some really top-tier girls

It sucks that its ending was shit and its legacy is worse. When I was in the 9th grade it was my manga of choice.

what the FUCK is this art style?

Have you forgotten they were behind this travesty?

We are getting an ova first right? When will that be released?

Why make a sequel to something that was already shit? If anything he should've tried making a completely fresh and unrelated manga, away from the stigma that was the entire end arc of Negima. Not that the other arcs were really that much better.

September 8th with the 14th volume, according to Akamatsu's twitter. So a month before the TV series starts.

Same staff, same budget.

I think it's the eyes.

Different staff. Idk if these are baits or if ppl really believe studios somehow mean something.

>Different staff
Same fucking studio. What does the staff have to do with anything? They're always fucking rotating doesn't change the fact that the studio was behind it.

>Studios only mean something if its for a show I like

Are you done being fucking stupid?

>JC Staff

Stop my sides can't take it

Staff has a lot to do with this. Again, what?!?!

>jc staff

mite b kool

strange art style

Curious to see what they plan to cover though.

>JC Staff
Could be worse, trust me.

Also, doesn't Satomi Arai participate in every other JC Staff series? I can almost hear Kirie with Kuroko's voice.

>Could be worse,
Nah, this is the bottom

JC means at least we won't have all the fights in shitty CG

youtube.com/watch?v=su_itmWsR14

If they add filler/extra scenes not in the manga, it'll stop right after their fight with Fate.
If they follow the story relatively parallel to the manga, we'll get to the end of the Sayako/Santa School Arc.

That was the director being retarded

It looks pretty awful

2000's jc staff is different from modern jc staff retard

So, there's a chance of us getting at least good music out of this shitfest, right? We're sure as hell not getting anything else that's good.

Yumekui was in 2011 retard

It also depends on how many episodes it will be, one cour would end after Sayoko's arc/Negi's first apparition, 2 cours and it could cover until the current chapters.

yeah, jc staff was shit until 2013

since 2014 they make good shows

At some point the author just sort of forgot how to draw faces with genuine facial expressions. I think I can count on a single hand how many emotions the characters show on their faces in the first 30 or so chapters. That's around the time I dropped the series, it was just too insincere for me to handle anymore. It feels like the author really just doesn't care about shit anymore.

Different director

don't see why japan couldn't drop this series early on
the manga threads here baffle me as well

According to Sup Forums that doesnt matter cuz muh studio is more important.

>since 2014 they make good shows
KEK

>B-b-b-b-but MUH DIRECTOR

Yeah they only do that after they fucked up the first time.

The fuck are you even on about

Looks ugly, the hair really different from manga

>since 2014 they make good shows
April 9, 2014

I haven't watched this yet

is it shit?

Ken genuinely cares, but he's been lost what to do with the story, since he doesn't know hoe to balance it between an original series, and a sequel. It's gotten better again since the rebranding.

hey, fuck you

I liked it

Am I the only one who likes how Kuromaru looks? I think s/he actually looks cool. Totua is generic as all hell but that's Ken's fault.

>fan favorites get shat on
Yeah, nope

Well there are plenty of Kirie defenders, user...

No one besides Negi had got really shit on, and that's only because he lost to the Lifemaker. Hell, I'd say Fate has had very good treatment in UQ.

It's shit. they add male character to main cast. main antagonist also male

>Yue and Nodoka

A lot of bullshit could've been avoided had Shaft just animated Negima properly from the get go instead of doing their alternate universe crap.

How did they get shat on

They should be dead anyways. They were protecting Negi for 20 years.

Still no reason to bring them back as lifemaker zombies

>Lifemaker zombies

?????????

>Fate has had very good treatment

>Thought his stupid as fuck plan would work
>Even after Negi straight up told him it wouldn't
>Unwilling to compromise at all when he changed his mind after some befriending from Negi
>That jobbing to UQ Holder

Fate, like everyone else from Negima, has been treated like shit

>Blonde Kirie

For this series, I'd actually like some filler. UQ biggest weakness is that it flip-flops between wanting it's own stuff and Negima stuff so it feels half-baked. I'll be happy if we get some filler focusing on UQ plots, specially so considering Akamatsu is working on this which means they will not be just fanfiction but have actual input from the actual series creator.

Fate has always been a emotional hard-headed bitch-boy who doesn't listen to reason whenever Negi is involved. He's been treated exactly like he's always being.

Lifemaker always takes apostles, and she's taken close friends of the host, too. This is nothing new or surprising. They haven't got shit on at all, they just protected Negi off-screen and are dolls until the chains of the Lifemaker get broken.

>Animated Mahorafest will never happen

This. What the heck? Wasn't her hair orange-ish or brownish? Touta looks terrible too but I'll blame that more on the angle than anything else. If it were just the artstyle everyone would look terrible too.

It was always blonde.

>It's gotten better again since the rebranding.
I hope it does now that the vs Negi arc is finally over. And goddamn, what a fucking awful finale it was. lol Asuna and then the rest of the chapter is Kirie haremshit hijinks because god knows that's the best way to conclude the mid-season climax, with fucking haremshit hijinks. Doesn't help this came right afterwards the fucking awful water race crap. Goddamn, that was torture to go through every fucking week.

Hopefully and I pray to every possible god that we can go back to fights and FINALLY reach the damn tournament.

Man, I've been living a lie.

I'm not okay with this. I always pictured her with sort of an orangeish hair. This blonde shit is really not okay.

>Fates following the plan which is similar to the Lifemaker's original plan
>Fates stubborn alongside being obsessed with Negi after 70 years
>Fates always been stubborn
Also
>Fate
>jobbing
He's annihilated UQ Holder, nearly best Kitty solo, and took on 3-A's survivors. He lost to Negi, who is bullshit OP.
He's been treated well.

This looks so fucking bland
What is it

she is blond in some official manga art, but yeah it just doesn't look right. Her hair has tone in the manga which just doesn't fit with blond.

bland continuation of negima

I didn't think the Negi arc was bad at all, just had a weaker ending. I just wish UQ and Fate put up more of a fight, and Mana/Zazie/Chachamaru joined in to help in the fight. Besides that, it was a pretty interesting part of the manga.

Sequel of Negima, with bad animation.

An awful continuation to a shitty manga that couldn't decide if it was going to be a harem comedy or a battle manga, so it ended up being a shitty and inferior version of both with a subpar ending.

You are right, I misspoke. I actually enjoyed the stuff with Negi, specially how UQ was breaking their asses just trying to hold back the Negima people for a few seconds and showing that they are still nothing compared to them. It was specially tense and it was interesting to see what they could pull to do it. Still, the stuff I mentioned just left a sour taste in my mouth, not lol Asuna, but the other stuff.

>and Mana/Zazie/Chachamaru joined in to help in the fight.
That's true. That they were put on off-screen civilian rescue was pretty lame.

>I just wish UQ and Fate put up more of a fight
but then there would just be more bitching about UQ being too op to quickly. Its better that they get their shit kicked in when fighting the old cast early on so when they get their rematch later it will be more satisfying when UQ does better.