Guys... I've been thinking about it, and I really don't understand the point of life. Not my own life necessarily...

Guys... I've been thinking about it, and I really don't understand the point of life. Not my own life necessarily, I mean life in general. No, I'm not trying to be edgy or anything, but what the hell is it all for? It only makes sense to me if there's a God, an afterlife, or just some sort of higher purpose everything is building toward. But if there's not, then what the hell is the point of critters devoting their lives to reproduce and create more critters? Sure, creatures that reproduce more effectively are going to stand a better chance of surviving as a species, but why should they even care? What's the point in the end?

Give me some clarity guys.

You're right, there is only a point if there is a God. There is, and he gave his son as a sacrifice for your sins, it's all in his word the Bible

there's no point. even if there is a god in heaven, there is still no point. you only exist to breed, so that you have offspring that will potentially adapt to their environment and survive in it. if you have offspring or not, it doesnt matter because the earth with be destroyed in 4 billion years when it becomes a red giant. no one gives a fuck about you like no one gives a fuck about your great great great grandpa that lived a 100 years ago. enjoy.

DNA. The will of DNA is for us to procreate so that each iteration presents a chance for improvement—another step toward becoming the supreme being. There is a higher purpose for you and in order to be a part in bringing about the realization of God in the flesh, you must fuck many women pregnant. As many as possible. The more, the better

The point is to make a contribution to history to keep he story rolling or be forever forgotten

I feel you OP. Every day I have to pretend that my life is somehow meaningful and full.
But deep down, I know that I'll probably just keep working, making money, fucking low self esteem buckets and attending more awkward christmas gatherings. Till I grow old and then start forgeting all the memories of my absurd life.

there is no point. it's just about looking after yourself and trying to keep busy. It's all it is. It's insane that Sup Forums even exists.
KEEP BUSY

you will ALWAYS be forgotten. if you are the best of the best in whatever field you work in, you are nothing more than a couple of sentences in wikipedia. everyone, even the geniuses will be forgotten in 100 years, because by then the ai revolution would've happened which will render everything we do useless, because the ais will have 1000+ iqs and will shit on ALL of our discoveries.its over for humanity. the best any man can do is fuck the hottest girls that will let you fuck them/live for the present moment, because you will not be remembered for anything when the ais take over.

The Universe is so insanely connected that depression represents your own infancy within that interconnected wormhole tunnel.

The point is to stop the Jews from their hostile takeover of Western Civilization. Life is struggle, war, and fighting. Defend your kinfolk.

Man nothing is satisfying

the only thing to pursue is pleasure in the current moment with respect to not breaking any laws which will fuck your current moments up in the future (by breaking laws/putting yourself in prison). life is great and it slowly gets worse and worse and worse and worse. some morbidly obese black woman will be wiping your ass when you're 80, so have fun now, before your back goes out and you can't walk down a flight of stairs.

All living things try to survive and reproduce. Any one of them could be the one carrying the genes necessary for surviving the future environment. We don't know which one it is, but some lifeform is the key to the continued survival of life in general. It might be you, so do your best, and trust yourself. Man is in the unique position of being intelligent enough to choose what he puts forward into the future and anticipating problems. It's a great honor and responsibility. We have to be good stewards of the other living things around us, because they might be the future instead, and it's important not to ruin their chances either. Basically we are here to bring life to the stars and not just our own.

the universe will eventually die out so who cares?
if we escape our universe, the multiverse will die out so who cares?
from our view of physics it will all end.
we can never escape. even heaven must end.

Would a wet ball sack across the chin snap you out of this inner feels baloney?
(Not a robot)

The point is to experience imperfections and learn from them.

go out and enjoy your life. That's it. The point of life is enjoying life. Stop looking for happiness externally. you have everything you need right now, you just don't see it.

To, through your contributions to society's progress, help mankind create God so that He may start the cycle anew.

Life is suffering, of course it is. Are you daft? How can you not then see that setting up your life and the lives of those around you towards being something better is something that gives meaning to life? Hell, meaning is a human concept so you can sure as fuck go down the depressive "nothing matters" cycle but it isn't necessarily true. Your pain matters, you even mention it with the back blowing out, so the reduction of that pain has to matter as well. Well, so what about preventing unnecessary or stupid future pain? What do you have to do to do that? You have to realize what matters is your comfort and the comfort of those close to you affects that deeply as well, the greatest thing you could do would be to start your life on the path towards obtaining and prolonging the comfort of your family, and in order to maintain that comfort for generations you will need to guide them towards honor so that they may make the same decisions.

Or you can just fucking sit there all smug at how well you can out-nihilist anyone who brings up anything with any truth to it. I personally see one of those paths producing more life sustaining meaning to me.

watch rick and morty and find out

There's no pointmof life, the point is built by yourself, dont expect to have a predeterminated purpose in life.

>the greatest thing you could do would be to start your life on the path towards obtaining and prolonging the comfort of your family, and in order to maintain that comfort for generations you will need to guide them towards honor so that they may make the same decisions.

no one controls how their body reacts, you can get cancer as a 5 year old or a 50 year old. pain and suffering will come for all of us. the point is to try to flourish and enjoy life as much as you can before the pain comes. fucking and being creative in some way before your mind or body goes out is the only point of life. everything else is horror. enjoy.

idk I think the point of life is just to exist, I mean it's pretty ulikely for you to even be born at all and I think it might be better to try not to fuck it up

Reproducing if you're talking biological level. Otherwise good luck. You'll get spiritual, material, or religious answers. Not that they're wrong or anything.

Think about Christmas. When there are no children at Christmas the meaning is entirely perverted and honestly a bit retarded. It's only their joy that gives it any meaning, and the joy of giving to them. Now transfer this idea to your life. If you are not in the position to start a family at least now you have something to aim for and improve yourself for. Without this you're just a faggot buying toys for their friends and parents. I guess there's eggnog though.

We think. I don't think abandoning the imperative of all living things is reasonable based on the current state of our knowledge. That's so far off that whatever we might become will have to deal with it. Also, a multiverse theory suggests that there's probably at least one universe that isn't dead at a given time, and new ones might arise. We aren't equipped to make this decision, so we shouldn't.

Fucking ilk! There is a creator(s) of the universe and it is definitely not Jesus kike or Yahweh jew.

The multiverse is timeless and endless.

Who's better taken care of? The 50 year old with cancer who has good health benefits and can manage to reduce the tragedy of what he's going through, or the 50 year old dying of cancer broke and alone stooped in liquor or drugs? Which one has a healthier family even though dad died around 50?