>good

Yawara is not a good anime.

>ping pong
>yowapeda
>haikyuu
>kuroko no basuke
>baby steps

this is literally the best decade for sports anime

Fuck off, yes it is. Yawara is the most precious girl in history.

>Kuroko no Basuke
It's time to kill yourself.

The only good thing you posted there is Ping Pong, the rest is garbage for anti-intellectuals.

>>kuroko no basuke

>Sports
>intellectuals

I'm being ruses again, aren't I?

>le ping pong fans are pretentious XD
Don't falseflag.

WE NEED TO HYPE CHIHAYAFURU

I heard all out was pretty good aka new rugby anime

nah, it's shit

When it stops catering to fujoshits

do you want it to stop getting made or something?

None of the series in the OP cater to fujoshit, and they are classics.
I'd rather have a show that attracts than a show that caters.

that's why they are all shit, except for ping pong

Sports series are not about sports. You just outed yourself as a moron.

The fuck are you talking about?
We're in the golden age of sports anime.

>kuroko no basugay
>instead of Ookiku Furikabute

What a fag. I bet you eat cum like a champ.

Except YOI is one of the best sports anime of recent years, since it's about adult professionals doing an individual performance based sport and took a big step away from typical sports shounen cliches. The real cancer is sports that are high school level and team based, they will never get away from garbage tropes and repetitive, formulaic structuring if they don't start picking more interesting premises/settings.

Giant killing is great

you got me. Here I was watching them to enjoy the sports. I must be some kind of retard

I don't care about gayseball

but diamond no ace was pretty good

>figure skating
>sport

Hokey is a sport. Figure skating is to sports what sucking your boyfriend's dick is to heterosexuality.

Well. Considering YowaPedal is not really about cycling you're quite the idiot if you're watching it for that. He's is correct.

what is it about then?

Diamond no Ace is disgustingly bad.
Stop believing in Sup Forums memes and watch Oofuri - it's actually about baseball. As in like legitimate baseball not magical japanese baseball.

Superheroes on bicycles.

People on Sup Forums or anime viewers in general don't give a shit about sports anime unless it has waifu's. The average anime viewer and sports enthusiast have zero overlap. By all rights sports "anime" shouldn't even exist.

Chihayafuru

That is all.

Figure skating is a competitive physical activity, how the fuck is it not a sport? It's in the Olympics. Even if every single skater was gay, that wouldn't make any difference to the fact that it's a sport and they are athletes.

And how is Yowapeda not about cycling? It's non fucking stop cycling. Stop making retarded arbitrary judgements about simple things you somehow struggle to comprehend.

We have Haikyuu right now at least.

Sports anime is just a shounen fightan but instead of fighting there's "sports" events.

It's hilarious when some obvious shut in like you says this kinda shit. I mean come on, as if sports anime has anything to do with actual sports. Open up your eyes you fat retard.

Well. I suppose you wouldn't know either way. I doubt you've held a ball, rode a bike, or climbed a hill once in your life.

Slam Dunk is about basketball. It's about a story about a red headed delinquent guy.

Yowa pedal is about cycling about as much as Gundam is about war.

Not really.

Another normalfag that doesn't understand sports series. Isn't it a little early for this many morons to be on Sup Forums?

Shit taste

I know Free! and YOI were laid on the fujo fanservice thick, but the way people try to deny that they are sports anime is ridiculous considering how heavily focused they were on the sports.
You can say there is a difference between fujosports and shonen sports but they are still both, at their core, about sports.

>yawara
>not good
Time to kill yourself

Yowapeda is literally nothing but cycling. There are no subplots. There are sport series that are not really about sport (for example, One Outs is about Gambling, Adachi's baseball manga are about romance, Free is about friendship drama), but Yowapeda is not one of them.

>unless it has waifu'

Most sports animay are gay tier. They barely have any waifu material at all.

>cute girls doing martial arts

I could go for that.

I understand them perfectly.
The problem is you've not done a single physical activity in your whole life.

That's the fucking problem you immobile slab of tallow and lard.

They said good sports anime, not overhyped kiddie shit.

It's not about cycling.
I can assure you.
I've been cycling for 15 years. I should know.

Is wrestling a sport?

Right, so the audience just collectively hallucinated all those scenes of cycling.

>I've been cycling for 15 years.
Kek, of course you are. How else would you be enough of an elitist to think a series about cycling is not 'enough' about cycling? Nobody is saying it's realistic, if people wanted that they'd watch televised sports events. But it is factually, objectively, as a work of fiction, about cycling and the vast majority of screen/panel time is dedicated to people doing it. Sorry, I know you wanted to feel superior about it for some reason.

>as if sports anime has anything to do with actual sports
What the fuck is the point of sports anime if it's not actually about sports? And no it's not like shonen fighting, it's about playing a sport.

My post was simply saying the average Sup Forums user only cares about cute girls so sports anime is not appealing. I never said I didn't like sports anime but talking about them on Sup Forums always goes like this.

>overhyped
Literally every thread that mentions Haikyuu has someone bashing it. And what the hell does kiddie shit mean? It has the same high school setting tons of other sports series have so are they all kiddie shit too?

Sports series are not about sports. If you really don't understand, you might be clinically retarded and should honestly shoot yourself.

Your argument would work for something like Free or Faggots on Ice where the main focus is the SoL or drama/romance. Yowapedal is literally just japanese teenage boys cycling.

>Sports series are not about sports.
That depends of the anime, retard. Not every sport anime is like Ping Pong or Free.

You once again prove yourself to be a retard. You don't even understand what I mean when I say they aren't about sports.

I just realized it's the weekend so there will just be more and more idiots like yourself all day. I'm done replying to you.

And yet every time there is sports anime thread people it's mostly waifufags wanking over whichever female character had 2 seconds of screentime rather than the relevant stuff.
I know that is typical Sup Forums but if you want waifu's there are better alternatives.

>wahhh why isn't sport anime exactly like real life sport, which is already available to watch elsewhere
>I don't understand what fiction is but I'm going to throw a tantrum and pretend I know better than everyone else

You seem upset. Are you sure you aren't the one who hasn't been doing any physical activity in their life? No one who is in good shape would be this butthurt about meaningless shit on Sup Forums of all places.

I'm different user, you fucking mong. If you don't like sport anime then fuck off to reddit, you cockscuker.

>And yet every time there is sports anime thread people it's mostly waifufags wanking over whichever female character had 2 seconds of screentime
Same can be said of any series, really. You must have forgotten this is Sup Forums.

You can always go back to /r/anime user.

People only started bashing it because of people acting like it was a revolutionary masterpiece when it's just standard shonenshit. Abusing the word "hype" over the most mundane shit is obnoxious.

It's not kiddie because it's a high-school setting but haikyuu's humor and characters are immature and not as deep as haikyuufags like to believe. Like a kiddie pool.

Baby Steps S3 when?

>Complex characters
>Masterpiece
user, people only praise the animation, I've never seen anyone on Sup Forums saying that HQ is that amazing.

You obviously don't go on Sup Forums much then, I'm not that user but I see it all the time.

You must be new because all I remember is everyone talking about how amazing the character development is and how every character is likable. Or getting so easily impressed by regular plays to the point of refusing to read the manga because it kills the hype.
I don't think it would be as shitted upon if it were only praised for it's animation.

Golden Age of Shitness maybe. Shakunetsu was the only good sports show we've had since Ping pong.

Watching the wrong sports shows

The few times I remember someone mentioning HQ was to call it fujoshit or to praise the sakuga, but then, I don't join sport anime threads that often, so maybe I'm wrong.

There hasn't been an actual haikyuu thread that was decent since season 1 aired. For some reason s2 and s3 attracted the most annoying of both it's fans and it's haters. Especially that one faggot who kept trying to police threads or wank about haikyuu in every vaguely sports anime thread. That guy is probably the reason haikyuu gets so much hate around here now to be honest.

>he didn't watch Shakunetsu no Takkyu Musume

Football will be great again with mai ball and this

>Milner is her favorte footballer

kek

It's theater, not sport. It's not competitive.

No sports anime is 'really' about sports.

>hating on the best LB in the premier league
this is how you spot a pleb

>James Milner
>Best lb in the league

Get out scouse scum

All Rounder Meguru is the best. That is all.

They'll become great once the fujoshit/SoL features is removed/downplayed and there is an emphasis on the mechanics and tactics of the sport.

Football is objectively the best sport because it allows for a wide variety of playstyles as well as being the most inclusive sport in terms of height.

You can be a manlet with good dribbling ability and you can be a lanklet with good heading ability but it would make no difference because both contribute to winning.

An anime about club football would go into things like corruption, betrayals and revenge. Pic related set in motion a chain of events which led to Sup Forums's finest hour -- their greatest ever meme; >Torres.

Football always looks retarded in fiction, never mind anime. Too much dribbling is usually the downfall.

>no mention of Overdrive or One Outs
Man, what th fuck

you must watch giant killing

All modern sports anime are the same shit.

>Pedal
>Anything but shit

That is not fucking sports, that is a shitty shonen disguised as a sports series. Watch Nasu if you want to see what a cycling cartoon can do. Even Overdrive was more realistic than this.

>Milner
>Good at all

Nah mate, he's shite. He's what the Germans call an "English player", always tries his hardest but lacking in any flair, exceptional talent or real skill.

Some of those running animation were nightmare material

>realism in anime
you watch anime for the wrong reason pal

Yoi had a good premise and is a direction all sport anime should go, unfortunately it got lost in a romance subplot. More adults and professional athletes, less high schoolers and team sports which over time turn into shounen shits

>When will sports anime be good again?
>Ping Pong
>2014
>When

Haikyuu and Ping Pong are good, everything else is just sad.

You're an idiot if you didn't get what I meant with that. Go back to watching your battle shonen.

Real divegrass is shit. A game that bases it's tactics on crying like a little girl at the slightest contact is as entertaining as watching paint dry.

Are you implying that today's sports anime aren't on par with the old ones?

The Baby Steps anime would be alright if it didn't look like garbage. The manga is terrific, so much wasted potential.

>no mention of DnA.
Now I've lost it.

> And no it's not like shonen fighting, it's about playing a sport.
That's exactly how it is though. In battle shounens the "battles" are just the means to an end for all the other dumb shit with the story & characters happening. It's the same in sports series. In a lot of series the sport itself makes up a lot of what the characters are but the overall principle is the same.

If you're able to not get too anal about categorizing everything for no reason it's easy enough to understand.

when's Keijo fighting game?

>Inazuma eleven
>Free!
>Keijo
Not sport anime

I wish Teppu didn't get canned.

I'm enjoying it

speaking of inclusiveness and variety of playstyles, video games (or board games) are even more inclusive (as there's less focus on physical characteristics or performance, save for when execution is involved, and generally more focus on the decision making as a result); it's disappointing to be the better decision maker in sports and still lose because you can't execute your gameplan/strategy in a sport, but looking at them another way, it could be said that when the "resources" such as physical characteristics, stamina, etc, are balanced enough between two players/teams, it's a different type of game.