OMG, the world's climate is changing! We are doomed!

It is winter... and there is a lot of snow. Who would have thought! Start the presses, CO2 is making snow fall everywhere. We need to bury all our heavy industry and downsize all our cars to European style mini versions. We need to kill all nuclear because "muhh nuclear waste" and end up with only solar, that allows us to have a few kW of electricity during the day IF the sun is shining.

Who again invented this climate bs theory of "muhh, communism is the answer"?

Other urls found in this thread:

climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change#Statements_by_scientific_organizations_of_national_or_international_standing
skepticalscience.com/climate-change-global-warming.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDK1aCqqZkQ
acs.org/content/acs/en/climatescience/climatesciencenarratives/its-water-vapor-not-the-co2.html
youtube.com/watch?v=9XIpTqbLR5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=8DbjDV-IhIA
phys.org/news/2016-10-extreme-cold-winters-fuelled-jet.html
washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/11/03/the-earths-ozone-hole-is-shrinking-and-is-the-smallest-its-been-since-1988/?utm_term=.c73690499bd3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

someone will always try to sell lies to others for profit

>first white christmas in my part of leafland in years

Its like the climate is actually going back to what it was supposed to be.

Yup, same here. Finally the "climate" seems to be just exactly how it used to be years ago. Global warming? Not here!

Nobody invented it you retard, it's real. Thousands of scientific papers on climate change are being published every year by scientists from all around the world.

Ocean acidification, temperature trends, rainfall trends, energy balance measurments, and many other all point to us being at fault for the recent warming. Educate yourself

climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change#Statements_by_scientific_organizations_of_national_or_international_standing

Global warming is wrong the Earth is cooling off. We are heading back to the Ice Age

I will believe it when I will have palm trees on my lawn.

>Global warming? Not here!
Are you seriously this retarded? It's GLOBAL you fucktard. It might be cold in parts of US right now but globally the planet has warmed 0,8°C in the last 150 years, and is warming incresingly faster because of us

>I'm retarded
okay

>there was no snow this Christmas
>there will be no snow on New years
all I want is snow all I get is water

>0.8 degrees

And your evidence for that is..?

>seems little to me therefore it doesn't matter
Where did you study climatology or atmospheric physics?

why the fuck is it only an american thing to think environmentalism is some leftist issue?

whats wrong with you clapboys?

you realize LITERALLY HITLER put in the strictest environmental laws at the time?

In the 70s they told us that we'd be living in a frozen hell by the year 2000.
In the 90s the polar ice caps were going to be melted by 2013.
Now they've decided to get more obtuse with the concept to avoid criticism and simply called it "climate change".
I've been hearing the same tired lines about how "the science supports the theory" my entire life. Everyone was so damn sure. Eventually it becomes akin to crying wolf, and only the newest generation that wasn't around to see the earlier phases of the scam still bites the bait.
If you're old enough to remember the scam when they changed the chemical formula for freon in such a way that involved everyone having to "upgrade" to newer systems to "save the ozone" you probably should already be aware of how much money corporations can make from "green" products.

Sounds like some made up shit to me, get a real job you hippy.

Oh wow, it's another "LOL IT SNOWING IN WINTUR LOL CLIMATE CHANGE WHAT?" thread on Sup Forums, I'm shocked.
When will you fucking brainlets learn, going by your own retarded logic, shouldn't you be shitposting threads in summer when global average temperatures are record breaking and droughts widespread? Oh wait, doesn't fit the narrative therefore it's excused. Pro tip morons, it will still snow in winter in the 2100s, it will still snow in winter in the 2200s in most places that it snows now like the midwest where there's fucking lake effect snow. It will still get cold in winter with global warming fucking tools, but on average winters will be getting warmer in the coming decades, but it's not going to be summer level temps in winter, the position of the Earth in space and how it faces the sun is the major influence on global temperatures this time of year, not CO2 and that's not changing anytime soon.

>In the 70s they told us that we'd be living in a frozen hell by the year 2000.
>In the 90s the polar ice caps were going to be melted by 2013.
Have you been reading only tabloid papers for the last 40 years?
>Now they've decided to get more obtuse with the concept to avoid criticism and simply called it "climate change".
You're a naive retard again, falling for myths that can be debunked by 1 minute of googling
skepticalscience.com/climate-change-global-warming.htm

Don't know what percent of scientists argued that the ice caps would melt by 2013 but the I know that the # who argued we'd be frozen over by 2000 was extremely small, even in the 1970s the majority of scientists argued the planet would have a net increase in temperature. And also the Ice Caps have had a net decrease, people who reject this usually point to antarctic increases and completely ignoring the far faster decreases in greendland.

>we're in a la nina year
>WTF WHY IS IT COLD????

Where did you?

I'm glad not all of pol automatically supports every conspiracy. Of course both sides have profit incentives, but one side is clearly correct.

>tfw can't go hike all the glaciers cuz they've recessed so far
feels bad

Got a physics degree, but it doesn't matter. I'm not claiming to know more than the experts like he is.

Like this expert?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDK1aCqqZkQ

Most people have a shit understanding of climate change and what it mean, plus all the competing factors in our climate.

First of all tugging in another direction is global dimming. The cumulative but short term effect caused by the release of high altitude particulates(con-trails) and certain aerosols. It reflects radiation and causes a significant reduce in evaporation. This combats the effect of Co2.
This is part of the reason why in the 70;s they though things would get colder. The current trends at the time predicted that. So fuck off pleb.
The glaciers have pretty much melted.
Also you can track the acidity of the air yourself. The ozone has largely recovered because we stopped using certain products in our fridges. However their alternatives are not more expensive.

The reason why so called "green" products are expensive is because people are willing to pay the price. Its a 10 cent production cost vs 7 cent while they charge 5 dollars instead of 3.

Also the slight warming of the Earth doesn't mean warming overall. The greater difference in temperature causes convection currents around the earth. When these break down it causes more unpredictable weather. In addition to much slower transfer of heat. Meaning some areas will be fucking cold.

We were about to enter a cycle of carbon release
>pic related
Then we jump-started it with massive deforestation. Our carbon emissions while high are nothing compared to the reduction in carbon capture.

Climate change is absolutely happening. However its anyone's guess what will happen. We could plunge into an ice age. Or if we continue for 100 years we could turn into Venus.

think with me famalam
small dogs exert as much CO2 in their lifetime as a hummer running for 7 years
CO2 is heavy enough that if it starts on the ground, then it mostly stays on the ground, and there is a radius of greening around large cities which show us the limits of contribution dense populations give.
This coupled with the true factors of warming and cooling, such as water vapor in the air and sun cycles, you can kiss your short span hysterical apocalypse models goodbye.

are you implying that we were heading towards an ice age, but instead we saved ourselves from it?
It is painfully obvious that this spike you are noticing is a result of the tools and methods that are used to guage the levels of CO2 hundreds of thousands of years ago are not as accurate as the ones we have today, that is to ignore tampering

You kikes have really been trying hard today but you still can’t blend in

Have you ever noticed that long time span graphs that show the correlation of CO2 and temperature actually show co2 levels lag changing temperature, not lead. proving it is a result and not a cause

Some details in that are not quite correct but overall good post.

Especially the point about about aerosols isn't stressed nearly as much as it should be. The current climate change is a complex mix of opposing forces and a large part of the fate of the Earth hinges on the question of how large the negative forcing by aerosols is. A strong present-day aerosol forcing would imply a very hot future.

In any case it means that we haven't seen the full fast-feedback response of the GHGs that are already in the atmosphere, which could make the goal set in Paris of 1.5°C already geophysically impossible.

>muh gas that plants breath will end the world
The biosphere was doing just fine in the Carboniferous period when CO2 was much higher.

interesting how this chart makes no mention of water vapors effect, which should actually be #1
acs.org/content/acs/en/climatescience/climatesciencenarratives/its-water-vapor-not-the-co2.html

No an ice age wouldn't have happened for thousands of years anyway.
The change in accuracy is negligible mate. Also its not like they destroyed the Ice cores they used for this data. They only needed a little bit.

What I'm saying is that climate change doesn't mean what a lot of people thinks it means and there are a lot more factors affecting our climate than just CO2. What will happen in the future is very very hard to predict. Some people say that our emissions while trapping heat in the short term, once built up will reflect much more sunlight causing global temperatures to drop. Others say that won't happen.

Once again, our climate is changing, however its very hard to predict what it will look like 50 years from now. Anyone who says "THIS IS WHATS GON HAPPEN" is a poor scientist since the core effect of the small change in unpredictability.

Fuck off you underage low IQ neckbeard.
>Can't refute
>I KNOW ILL CALL HIM A DIRTY HEEB
I hate kikes more than you and I'm sure i understand what they are doing better.

If you want to discredit me reason and facts.

>our climate is changing
yeah, its on a downward trend and the graph you posted shows that

during the time of carboniferous fern rainforests, CO2 was actually more or less the same as it is today in the Quaternary or Neogene. This low CO2 concentration is also why the late Paleozoic was in the ice-house condition.

Setting aside for a moment that nowhere in my post do I say that this will end the world, CO2 concentrations in Earth's distant past were generally the product of (tens of) millions of years of environmental evolution. If you don't see the difference between that and the unprecedently fast pace at which human activity is changing atmospheric chemistry, ocean chemistry and global ecosystems, then you don't see the difference.

You're just flat out wrong. The contribution of the water vapor feedback is included in the GHG curve (red) of the picture.

Poison ivy is just a plant it couldn't hurt you right?
Hemlock is just a plant you should make some tea with it.

Fuck off scrub.

Patrick Moore has a phd in ecology, not climate science, he's never published a scientific paper on climate change and his narrative is riddled with errors so no, he's not a climate expert
youtube.com/watch?v=9XIpTqbLR5Y

then "greenhouse gas" includes water? and we can just conflate the two? convenient.

are you aware the these ice cores we refer to have something akin to a sample rate, which in comparison to modern sample rates is much much slower which might made you assume incorrectly at the rate at which things are changing.

As for the graph you just posted, those projections are very scary indeed, that coupled with the clathrate gun and other positive feedbacks to global warming i wouldnt just say we are fucked, id say we are flying straight into an apocalypse. But were not. if we were i would want to increase oil consumption as fast as possible.

Same here. Maybe next year. If anything go to Areseni, I was just there yesterday and the skiing is nice

I want to see snow in real life

Might wanna look again bucko.

-18F/-28C

M U H G L O B A L W A R M I N G

notice how when it stopped fitting their narrative they changed the narrative to climate change instead?

pic is the normies who bought into climate change

no u, see iam questioning truly how this recent peak compares to those previous ones, and after those previous peaks its nothing but thousands of years of cooling, which by the way correlates more strongly to solar maximums than anything

youtube.com/watch?v=8DbjDV-IhIA
god wills it

so first you falsely claim that water vapor is excluded (implying that there is an attempt to hide it). Then you get told that it is in fact included under greenhouse gases, which to you equally means that there is an effort to hide it.

In a similar vein, first you mock a strawman of your own making about how I said that the world is going to end. Then you go on to say that if climate scientists are correct in their assessments of positive feedbacks etc., to you it would mean that we should accelerate CO2 emissions even further.

That's just typical contrarian cognitive dissonance. You can't talk to the climate deniers.

>That's just typical contrarian cognitive dissonance. You can't talk to the climate deniers.
That's all they have left, no actual science supports their preconcieved conclusion, so they have to do mental gymnastics to justify their beliefs

holy crap, heres some loser who still believes that global warming crap in 2017

Its going to be 16 fucking degrees on silvester in germany

Sixteen fucking degree on the first january

And people still deny climate change

>150 years

That's barely 2.5% of the Earth's life time.

It's never been that cold?

The problem isn't climate change, which is always changing, it's we've been told an ice age is coming, then the world will burn up, now it's a mix.

Really poor bait

Because you can't refute it's bait?

climate change can cause weather in both extremes, hot and cold

Large scale ocean seeding when?

The Maunder Minimum is coming, that’s science fact. Should put us closer to an ice age than we have been in thousands of years.

You from the BC lower mainland?

At least you guys aren't as shit if winter drivers as the fucking alb*rtans

You said it brother.

In fact sometimes it causes weather in both extremes AT THE SAME TIME! So you can go outside and think "Wow this is a totally average day for this time of year" but in reality you're getting tag teamed by global warming and global cooling at the same time and their effects are cancelling out so as to fool you that its a normal day when in reality its a dark omen of the coming climate apocalypse!

And they blew it claiming global warming.

Winter is comming.

After a high level conference it has been decided that we must all pull the back of our underpants over our foreheads and run around the streets in circles screeching. We must also give all our money, labour and power to our elites who are the only people who can save us now.

>the idea that weather can produce varied outcomes is doublethink
get checked mate
phys.org/news/2016-10-extreme-cold-winters-fuelled-jet.html

>t. Retard who doesn't believe in nuclear decay

Oh mighty sky god Global Normin please do not be angry with us for not believing in you.
Take my money for we must all appease the weather thingy that's been totally proved by a computer
Program written for/by billionaire globalists to show us sinners how dead we are if we don't let the
billionaire communists that are Global Normins chosen people rule every aspect of our lives.
I for one welcome our new weather wizard overlords. I mean doubting them is murder! The adverts they made told us so!
Arrraagghh!

>muhh, communism is the answer

That is the correct answer comrade. We shall automate everything and tax the fuck out of those factories to bring us "LUXURY COMMUNISM" (like communism but people don't starve).

Communism shall have it's day at last. We can even make the robots state owned and live off the production of goods of our mindless robot slaves spread equally across the board. Take that capitalism!

No... "skepticalscience.com/climate-change-global-warming.htm"

Is not a reputable source. They had a published-closed comments section and sited many inaccurate and dishonest sources including the hadley data that was falsified.

All you global warming fags are going to have to embrace the fact we are going to be doing geoengineering. Either because 7 billion people are going to say fuck you to your trying to force them to live in poverty for muh low environmental footprint, or because we are going to hit the start of the next ice age.

Your proclamations of the end of mankind have gotten watered down to some small increment in sea level increases. Russia otoh is like FUCK YEAH climate change if it means they can grow more grain is Siberia. Nations are vying to exploit mineral wealth at the north pole. The world is not going to end from this as CO2 has been significantly higher in the past.

>hurr
0/10 you tried :^)

Coral reefs are a huge part of marine ecosystems. They support 25% of all sea life. Disrupting the ocean that drastically will "spill over" to land eventually. They can die with just a few degrees global temperature change or too much lowering of the ocean's pH.
The world very well could end from too much C02.

Global warming is real bois. The science is settled

>Slovenian education

Please

Thank God for Global warming. Can you imagine how fucking cold it would be without it?

If I didn’t actually know you were LARPing I would have to say you are the dumbest fucker to ever exist. “Luxury Communism by taxing robots.” That is funny. Good one.

The earth is heating at the same rate of Africa and China's growth rate. They're the ones responsible. It's not our problem.

Not an argument. It's -27 over here, the worst in a quarter century.

Yes and? 2 years ago it was fucking -20

nope. Two years ago in Poland it was like 1-5 C

Well it hasn't snowed here all year so what do you have to say to that Naziboy?
btw I live in Florida

-20 was like twenty years ago

>kike owns oil companies
>kike owns carbon mines
>kike owns car companies
>kike polutes and destroy
guys the kikes are trying to convince us contaminating the planet is bad

I was serious about that part actually. Seriously why would the communists care if some machinery was taken advantage of? Though robots probably defy communism because they are neither truly proletariat or bourgeois.

why do mutts take climate change as a personal attack?
is this why you are in denial?

I shouldn't of laughed at that but I did.

What happened to the hole in the ozone layer? Remember when that was a really big deal, and now no one talks about it.

Because we let billions of niggers and shit skins reproduce.

>amerimutt logic

>I want to see snow in real life
No, you cannot come. Stay out. We are full. Wall now!

>notice how when it stopped fitting their narrative they changed the narrative to climate change instead?
Absolutely. In the 1990s they were all about "muhh warming, deserts will be everywhere, look at the oceans climbing for 100feet" and made the corresponding movies. Then they switched to "muhh climate change" when all their predictions just fell apart and now it is, "hey look at this big bad hurricane, totally climate change, never ever happened before, we must all be communists now and live off soybeans and solar windows!"

the argument americans make is they would be less competitive against chyna
its true that it should be a global effort not just force it for them

It's because they are the worst contributor to global pollution but can't deal with it and resort to fantasies like it's the fault if developing countries (which they encourage by buying from them)

that's right
Geoscientists identified a potentially grave threat between human emissions, atmospheric chemistry and responses of the Earth system. Governments then payed attention, worked out a solution (phasing out of CFCs and other ozone-depleting substances) and put it into practice.

How you think this is a point against me and the position that I take is anyone's guess.

But I'm sure if we would have lived in the 1970s, we could have seen you talk about how the ozone hole is a hoax, how Susan Solomon and Paul Crutzen are liars, how the Montreal Protocol is a plot to hamstring the Western industry, funnel all our wealth to the third world and impose global communism on us all.

we didn't have proper snowfall here for like 10 years

>He thinks snow is real

I'm sorry you're not in the 4000 year old joke.

Hmm, water vaporizes past 34.2, the oceans are at 35.
Its like more water vapor leads to more wet weather stuff.

The issue is less omg, the spice must flow, and more, whelp we get Africa food aid and the rivers moved elsewhere.
Entirely survivable as a species, not as a culture.

It was a white christmas but it's almost no snow now. Kinda sucks tbqh senpai.

The ozone layer was a hoax. It has shown to expand and contract to regulate earths temperature.

washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/11/03/the-earths-ozone-hole-is-shrinking-and-is-the-smallest-its-been-since-1988/?utm_term=.c73690499bd3

the avg american cant do much about it and its not their fault
i dont see the logic

>we didn't have proper snowfall here for like 10 years
That is because your government is warming up your country to accommodate the Africans.

We should just launch nuclear waste into deep space in many small rockets