Sangatsu/3-gatsu no Lion

2nd season announced.

Other urls found in this thread:

may.2chan.net/webm/src/1489286875928.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Really pleased for the five people watching this.

Wow that's awesome, can't wait for more.

count me in

Production issues ahoy

October 2017?

Yay.

That's great.

Nice, the anime deserved it.

Awesome, this is the first not-Monogatari Shaft show i've really enjoyed in last few years. That probably means no Owari s2 until late 2018, huh.

Nice.

Nice
They better make fucking make Fate/Extra and Owarimonogatari first though

>owari in 2018

that sucks, but i like this show so much that i dont mind as much as i normally would. monogatari has been and will be around forever; its refreshing that they've taken to a different project with such intensity.

Great show AOTS and AOTY contender

Moar Marina

Told you nhk gives no fuck sabout sales

Well then, time to catch up with the last few episodes.

What is the appeal of this series?

I absolutely loved the 1st half of the first episode, but then the tone takes a huge turn in the opposite direction. I got 3 episodes in before I dropped it.

This is really surprising but I'm happy. How has it been doing sales wise?

NHK are the heroes we need. They also keep making Kyoukai no Rinne seasons even though the sales aren't good.

And Phi Brain, Baby Steps and Log Horizon.

I still don't understand shit about shogi but the show is just so comfy.

I can't comprehend how Nikaido turned into best boy from being a shit-tier rival.

So 3 gatsu season 2 will be airing in the fall season. Assuming it's 2 cour as well it will bleed into Fate/LE being in winter 2018.

At the same time, they have Nobuyuki Takeuchi's movie around Augst. Assuming they have been and are already working on it. All of the summer is probably dedicated to the movie.

Considering 3 gatsu season 2 is coming fairly close to season 1's ending, I am assuming this was planned from the start. So I doubt they will be much production issues.

Also, Zaregoto seems to have their own little production team going on right now. It faltered at first but picked up the pace in terms of animation.

Overall I am excited about Shaft's line up and I doubt they are crashing and burning. Just a bit busy. But honestly, they have been busier before.

> no owari in 2017
Fuck you Shaft. Buy I will forgive you if Oshi is Owari director.

oshi is now working on the new kino anime

I just want to see Dereshot and imouto Sodachi.

It this only good Shaft thing in forever, so I'm okay with this.

I will never escape this depressing go hell.

>Best arc and best ship are going to be animated
AOTY confirmed

Man that's pretty good news.

Nice la, thanks based NHK

Thank fuck for that.

Fall is packed already and not even half of it has been announced yet.

Bullying arc then?

So basically they planned it from the start.

Mixed feelings since past month episodes just havent had enough going for them. Too little happens each week to talk about.
Maybe s2 is 13 episodes and is paced better, hopefully.

God I hope they don't change production companies like they did for Log Horizon.

No thx. I can careless about how active a Sup Forums thread can be. I will have my somber pace at 2 cours. I dont know why ppl want to rush into the story.

Was not expecting that at all, nice.

The story dips back and forth between cute fuzzy stuff and depressing shit really, it keeping your attention is pretty dependant on whether or not you became attached the characters I suppose.

Stalkershit btfo once again.

Vol 1 sold 2,377

Great news, this is comfy

Shaft

Monthly Zaregoto OVAs until Summer
"Fireworks, Should We See It from the Side or the Bottom?" movie directed by based Nobuyuki Takeuchi in August
Fate in Winter 2018

Not that busy

HOW MANY MORE EPISODES

This is critical information.

I am really enjoying this but the secnd half has been pretty bad. They need to focus less on the Shogi and more on his personal issues.

>will stay on NHK General

Looks like they were quite happy with how the show performed.

Predictable.

Contrary to what you might believe, BDs aren't the ONLY thing keeping anime alive these days. Merchandising helps alot, especially for kid shows.

For shows like this, the old fashioned "if enough people watch it live on TV, we get more ad money" works too, albeit, not as frequently as it should these days.

FUCK yes!

>2nd season
>special ED drawn by Umino
>last endcard drawn by Hagio Moto
Awesome.

Please tell me it's more about the sisters in S2.

There's going to be a lot more about them after this tournament.

Nice, now I don't have to read the manga. I'm assuming its going to cover whatever is left over?

It's not like that they are making detailed game analysis, and post match commentary. They are just throwing you every so often one or two shogi related words to remind you that Rei is a pro player. It's basically gibberish.

There some pretty good moments and characters developments.

We'd need 2-3 more seasons to catch up to where the manga currently is.

>Sad Hina.
Please NO.

Thank god.

Suffering is inevitable, and going through hardship is necessary for someone to grow.

based government grants

>Sad Hina.
Huge understatement, I was actually surprised by how real things got.

may.2chan.net/webm/src/1489286875928.webm

>2nd season announced
And here I though I can now watch this.

Cute.

Time for Hina bullying!

Subs for new ep are out

Hell yeah. First Rakugo gets an S2, now this? Suck my dick, salesfags.

>inb4 they announce Strangulation Romanticist OVAs and Owari New Year's special

Didn't the first season of Rakugo sell very well?

;_;

>makes anime
>doesn't care about sales
Was she right?

I didn't think they'd end the season with the extra from volume 11 but I gotta say it was a perfect way to end it.

This part fucking hell man, Specially when the teacher asked him where his seat partner was.

I'd give it a solid 7, The shogi was very boring but the rest was really enjoyable to watch. Some of the Shogi characters are cool but it is honestly fucking boring to watch.

Awesome. I wasn't expecting a second season so soon. I just caught up with the manga the other day and was thinking it was a shame that the later arcs aren't going to be animated. I can't wait. It's going to be good.

I wasn't even sure exactly what shogi was until I watched this show. I enjoyed the shogi a lot. I want to start playing it now. I used to play chess a little as a teenager and enjoyed that so I think shogi would be fun.

When will he fuck his sister?

Yay~~

Based NHK

;_;

His imouto is ded.

Prob not anytime soon. If kizu staff can transfer over to Owari they're will be no need to worry considered they were locked in that project for a long time with shaft doing other things as well.

Not this one.

Nice. I hope they spend more time on shogi.

The NBR one? Disgusting.

He's going for Hina instead + sorting out suitors for Akari (he's deciding between either the bro teacher or Nikaidou's brother). Kyouko weirdly just sorta disappears from the plot actually.

But neither of them are plump like Nikaidou. She deserves the roundness

She's a feeder anyway, they'll be round by the time she's done with them.

This show was so good

I would have liked the sisters making an appearance in the finale though, that's the one thing I would have wanted to be changed

Then sensei should win. Shimada's weak stomach would just die out

It's hard to please everyone all the time. A lot of the readers prefer the shogi parts to the personal issues parts.

You will get a lot more of Rei's interpersonal relationships in the next season.

Does anyone else plan to watch the 2 live action films?

I do. I've heard some good reviews of it. Makoto Shinkai has been praising it a lot on his Twitter.

Sensei should get Akari and Shimada should get Kyouko.

Cool I look forward to it then.

>Doesn't choose Kyouko
>Doesn't choose Akari
Disappointing.

Rei is a man of taste and prefers delicious flat.

AOTY

rekt

Did march come in like a lion?

I am so happy we are getting a second season. Damn shame how few people were in the threads here. It's pathetic that a place like fucking Reddit gives the show more attention.

>sangatsu thread