Made in adyss

Just read all the raw chapter
Holy shit why didn't Sup Forums tell me about how great this is?

>that sense of ADVENTURE and exploration
>that world building and attention to background details
>that psychological horror and madness as they descend into the abyss and struggle to survive
>that loli and shota suffering
>that furry Nanachi

Seriously this is AOTY material if they don't fuck up the adaptation.
Any idea what time will it air?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x4saz37
bato.to/comic/_/comics/lindbergh-r15792
miabyss.com/
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=4886
geocities.jp/addgreenmana/toukouyou_matome/001.html
mangalifewin.takeshobo.co.jp/rensai/madeinabyss/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>attention to detail
That's always what this artist has been known for, at an absurd level.

Made in Abyss is fucking amazing. I'm just hoping it gets picked up by someone.

>that loli and shota suffering
Gonna need some examples.

You have my interest OP.

I haven't seen something with a real feel of adventure and exploration in a long time.

dailymotion.com/video/x4saz37

Try this.
bato.to/comic/_/comics/lindbergh-r15792

You have my attention but translation seems to be pretty behind and not updated since almost a year.

I have though, also they're going to show something for the anime at AnimeJapan
here you go

Holy shit, that looks gory as fuck.
Who could handle an adaptation of this?

>show something for the anime at AnimeJapan
Sounds like great news, I hope we can see something good.

I wish Magi was just about labyrinth adventures instead of what we actually got.

miabyss.com/
kinema citrus is doing it, and they said they'll be staying faithful to the original

>loli MC
>good story
>great art
>exploration
Picked up faster than lighting.

>translations dead
Fuck this universe.

>adaptation
I can only wait to see something that will hopefully be good. The key visual looks fantastic so I will have hope.

>kinema citrus
Strange studio to animate it, they are more about cute girls doing cute things ever since Black Bullet.
They have good animation as of lately though, this could actually end well.

wasn't he also the artist for elebits?

Please post more art.

Looks spectacular, too bad translation is far behind though

That's lewder than I was expecting.
Great artistic yet lewd loli art, I like it.

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=4886
heres more

Thanks user.
This is seriously a great artist, I can't believe he has no other work under his name.

Did someone say art?

I miss those threads.

He did elebits art and also has a 1shot called starstrings geocities.jp/addgreenmana/toukouyou_matome/001.html

I don't even knew there was a game called Elebits.

didn't*

yeah, but scanlation never

I found locally-licensed up to volume 5 , , but vol 2 and 3 are missing

damn i was hoping this was from something

What's the context behind this?

pic related

I didn't expect something like this.
God, it is fucking cruel.

Still alive

wew that caught me off guard

Yeah me too.

There are so many interesting ideas and themes out there by artists like these. But no, we have to get generic high school magic fantasy #15736. It's not enough that studios don't care or have the budget for good cinematography.

>or have the budget
Speaking of which, this seems to need a rather high budget to maintain half the level of quality shown in the key visual and manga.

How is a Kinema Citrus going to handle this?

Because Sup Forums is not for recommendations also because it seems you can't find anything unless is announced as an anime adaptation

Anime: the medium that could have been...

>those mini people climbing out of the picture

Probably my favorite thing in the image. Also,

>that girl in the dino skull in the background

With a low budget, I'd probably try CG, with art assets from real life put through a filter to make it look artistic/drawn. I'd probably try to use that deep learning thing to get the right look of the artist if possible, though I'm not sure how practical that'd be.

>CG
please no

>dead translation
Im not falling for it this time, my friend

>CG
If it is Precure/Jojo/Majestic Prince/Etotama levels of CG, I wouldn't mind, but since that isn't the case 99% of the cases, I think it is better to not.

When I think of anime, I think of low quality wasted potential, but I also think of creative and unique works that have a lot of value, even if sometimes they have flaws. Unfortunately the really good stuff rarely ever gets made, but it does get made. Maybe if we had the budget of Hollywood, we could get some insanely good stuff done. We also have to realize that whatever we get right now is kind of the result of other people's tastes being shitty and their standards low.

Yeah I mean I'm just saying, CG would make sense with low budgets. I'm not sure what this studio has done before and what their budget is for this project.

Ping Pong Girls, Gochiusa, Kuma Miko, Barakamon among others. Almost no CG in all of them and pretty good animation, I don't think CG is plausible here.

>anime with hollywood budget animating good things
I hope to see the day

Later chapters are WAY edgy. Guro-doujin tier.

I would think that we'd either get that one day, or have anime die out. I also think CG is inevitable for more and more studios to do, eventually becoming the norm, and then if they want to make it look like it's hand drawn they future advanced versions of Live2D, and deep learning methods to filter the frames.

I'm not sure it'll ever be possible to have AI completely do coloring as well but there's work being done to try that out, so an advanced version in the future may be able to help out studios as well.

>they future advanced versions

Meant to have a "use" in there.

>the really good stuff rarely ever gets made, but it does get made
This is true for any medium though.

>Maybe if we had the budget of Hollywood
It would be mostly the same, there will be some rare gems that do interesting things with the majority playing safe. Even the Oscar nominees play it safe these days "Oscar-baits" are actually a thing, just look at the last winner, it had written in big letters "give me the Oscar" and not precisely because of its quality in comparison to the other nominees.
To see experimental, innovating movies that are good you have to wait some time for someone to come and do it.

>This is true for any medium though.

Yes.

>It would be mostly the same

Yes and no. There are quite a few projects out there that do not live up to their full cinematographic potential because of budget and artist limitations. For example, Aria is great, but many people cite the animation as a weak point. Imagine how great it would be if it did have the animation to meet people's expectations for the story. Imagine if Blame! could get a high enough budget to hire tons of artists to get the exact look of Nihei's superstructures right. In the anime world, there is still more unique ideas because it's a medium not limited by the look of real life. What you draw is what you get and you can draw anything. That's also a bad thing about current CG, since CG is still quite limited in allowing free artistic intent to show itself.

Even if the ratio of good to bad works stayed the same, it would still be better if the entire industry had higher budgets, because then we'd still get a higher volume of good things coming out.

what's the name of the site for this again?

mfw this is better than HxH
mfw drawings better than Togashi

God I want this to be translated, anyone up for it?

fuck dude threads like these make me so sad
there could be so much good art in the world and there just isn't

it's there, just not fucking translated.

apparently they have the translation for book 1, just no typesetter/redrawer

nigga what the fuck

we did tho

his older stuff looks different

>Ping Pong Girls, Gochiusa, Kuma Miko, Barakamon
>pretty good animation
Gonna need some webms to probe that, cause if i remmember correctly they all look average at best.

Also, the keyvisual looks like CGI.

>CGI anime can't look goo....

only one way to stop the mutation

CGI anime it's mostly shit.

d

Takkyuu Musume had a few matches that looked good, if you like sweaty girls.

It's not though, so what does that matter?

IT IS, just look at it.

>That Bondrewd Battle that goes on for nearly an entire volume
>Prushka's final thought was of going on an adventure with everyone including her dad

Jesus christ that was good.

No, it's not. Kazuchika Kise is a realist animator that strives to convey convincing three-dimensional volume in his work. That's why it looks CG-ish from a distance, but he's a 2D animator and Citrus is a 2D animation studio. It's not 3DCG.

man thats just from breaking her arm/getting stabbed with something poisonous

Abyss curse mutation can
>99% chance of turning you into an eldritch abomination
>1% chance of turning you into a cute furry bait
Will you do it

nanachi a CUTE

>not realizing that its a rabbit thing because of the power of science and making the other girl take the curse x2

>power of science
Not really
In very rare occasions Abyss will grant people blessing instead of curse

havent checked for a while, but there was a lot of extra art i wish was scanned.
only photos on twitter or samples.

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS?

I thought it was because the other girl got the bad part of the curse x2 that nanachi got the blessing

mangalifewin.takeshobo.co.jp/rensai/madeinabyss/

latest chapter.

anyone have chapter 5 to 16 from the webraws,
and chapter 35 too since i fucked up the download.

apparently the manga is in my high priority reading list and I dont even remember when I added it

time to read it now I guess

This manga must be a massive pain in the ass to redraw.

Oh you're right.
Doesn't really explain why Bondrewd is able to get the blessing in the latest chapter though.

The Abyss is pretty insane at that point.

Because Prushka, who loves her father so much, was willing to take his curse. Same with the Nanachi case.

You could find Kindle raws on nyaa, not webraws though.

I hope to god that the adaptation means the translations will get revived

>tfw enough japanese to approximately understand everything going on but not enough confidence to translate it myself
>tfw want it to get translated so I'll have people to talk about it to on Sup Forums since it's one of the best rides I've been on in years

This is agony.

the detail in this one page is amazing

Wait, is this seriously getting an adaptation? Who's doing it?

Same director as Black Bullet, so it seems he's got loli abuse down to a science.

When I first read it, I honestly didn't expect it to be a single trip instead of multiple trips up and down until they were ready. Instead it's full speed into the abyss.

Is this series post apocalyptic or something? becuase all the drawing ive seen seem to have vague images of buildings and overgrown structures melded into the landscape like some sort of freak nuclear blender bomb

Learn more japanese.

This shit looks amazing, but I don't want to deal with suffering of not being able to read the rest.