Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Is-it-okay-to-fire-on-retreating-enemy
mangafox.me/manga/youjo_senki/v01/c001/5.html
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>we destroyed their HQ

>Manned V-1s
>WW1

I don't care, I am enjoying it. God placing a nemesis in her path will make for an interesting twist.

I'm hoping they only went this road with Anson to pave the way for a s2 with Mary Sue as the main antagonist

It is a alternative reality with a god like being pulling strings in the background. Full realism would be boring.

new mango chapter out!

>MAGIC
>FUGGIN
>SHOTGUN

Anson raised instantly in threat level. I guess after the last time he was bayonet raped, he wanted something for more close range.

Is what I'm thinking.
That way we have a developed main enemy for the next episodes and for S2 it'll give Mary more of a reason to hateboner our favourite war loli.

fuck yes!

Honestly I don't see Grantz dying because the anime has been out of order from the LN but I don't want to eat my words.

>Manned v-1 rockets
>Mechanized infantry with Panzer-3's

RENPOU NO MOBIRU SUT HA BAKEMONO KA

How would you rate this last episode Sup Forums?

5/5

If not for the koalatee, 9/10, but for now 8.5/10.

7/10

It reminded me of ALL HAIL LELOUCH at the end of R2. I love seeing an OP enemy utterly conquer and subdue a bunch of pussy armies.

I give it 9/10 just because of extra smug Zettour

They explain that since there's magic they can ignore some of the stabilization issues.

>giving grantz character development
>actually giving him a personality
>letting us know his strengths and weaknesses
>setting up chemistry between him and visha
>all to kill him off this episode
fuck NUT man, FUCK THEM

I have no idea what's going on in that picture

All is fair in love and war user.

It's better this way, that way Tanya won't have to kill him for touching her coffee machine.

>WW1 vs WW2 bullshit again
do people not understand the idea of an alternate history

then again, how the heck did notFrance and notGermany get into a trench warfare stalemate if they already had WW2-era planes and tanks?

Happens right when the frenchy trenches get blown up.

>Tanya's team hits wrong target to cut back on animation
i already felt cockblocked last episode with the cliffhanger. I don't feel satisfied at all. Next episode better be worth it.

You really thought he was going to survive after laying hand on Visha and getting his boxers in a twist about following orders?

If NUTs want to follow t he LN he's the prime source of killing off someone that has some depth to him since they can't kill off any of the squadron commanders.

Well it seems that warfare and technology progressed to quickly for people to really understand how to best do shit. People still haven't adapted to aerial mages so it's believable that they don't really understand how to best use planes and tanks, yet. It seems like planes are more considered as expensive counter-mage devices primarily, and probably so many got destroyed in the Rhine, that they stopped using them there. Mages can shoot down planes after all, they'll just take large casualties.

As for the tanks, I'm just going to pretend they were WW1-era. They didn't really say much about them and it really doesn't make sense for them to be WW2-era.

DUNKIRK

The planes during the Norden bombing depot run were 1920s bombers, the transport plane next episode was more ww2ish, the Germans used the pzw3s in the lastes episode like a ww1 commander would, sending them in front of infantry at a slow pace in a mixed unit.

For all we know, those pzw3 are new models and they don't really know how to use them in massed spearhead formations.

>He fell for the free market meme

And why shouldn't he? Free market is the best system for a motivated sociopath to achieve social advancement.

>when SONZAI EKKUSU demands you pay a 45% worship tax for all magical deeds performed

Isn't this a war crime?

Not if they're retreating directly at you.

What if they fled in a direction that you aren't occupying?

No.

No one can tell if they're dead.

No. It's impossible to know what a retreating enemy is planning to do, they haven't been captured, surrendered or incapacitated.

>germany
>caring about war crimes

Well good thing that this is NotGermany who does care about war crimes

I want Visha to give me a gentle blowjob!

quora.com/Is-it-okay-to-fire-on-retreating-enemy

This says it's not, it's a war crime if you kill surrendered forces or those unable to fight.

No that would be Communism

But this isn't Germany.

So LN fags how much of this was Tanya's plan and how much was Zettour's?

It looks vaguely like how the Germans went through the Ardennes in WW2. YS' Frechmen didn't think that the trench fortifications could be breached like they did, and it was done with combined mechanized combat units. It is essentially the blitzkrieg in all its glory so I can't imagine Zettour came up with it.

Moreover, was there ever a battle that went like this in history? The complete liquidation of the enemy's main army so the country can't fight back. The French in WW1/WW2 didn't have their troops suffer such a fate.

>I'm hoping they only went this road with Anson to pave the way for a s2 with Mary Sue as the main antagonist
For what it is worth, the Chinese official streaming site had claimed that Youjo Senki is a split cour. But since it is the only site that say this take it with a bucket of salt.

Not even remotely, retreating forces are fair game unless they surrender or are otherwise unable to fight.

Is this the Hogwarts unit?

It's not Tanya's at all. Should be obvious, Tanya wouldn't put herself as such a risk such as launching herself in a rocket to get behind enemy lines.

>mfw I didn't notice that
I don't care, that's great.

God-powered captain versus free market powered captain, who wins?

Well, yeah. Those are the UK mages, remember?

Aren't they both god powered?

After you conquer the world who is going to punish you for war crimes?

Holy shit Tanya couldn't have raised more deathflags for her battalion even if she tried

>sonzai x
>god

I know it's you, Sonzai X.

Don't ask, don't tell.
It's not like they speak French anyway.

People forget that Youjo Senki is set in 1925, almost ten years after when the original World War I was fought. The big theme of the story (like in the real World War I) was that the technology for modern war was there, but commanders didn't realize how to use it properly. This time period allows for lagging technology and ideas while the newer Nazi-era weapons and vehicles could conceivably have been developed early.

It's likely this is the first time the tanks have been deployed like this. Otherwise, the problems of the first episode about being slowed down due to trains wouldn't have been an issue.

N-no it's not.

>like in the real World War I) was that the technology for modern war was there
It wasn't there at the start, and there's no way they would've got stuck like that if they'd had decent tanks.

Just enjoy Tanya's cute, "I'm going to violently rape you!" face.

Did anyone notice earlier in the series the Entente alliance bombers were based off WW2 British planes like the Lancaster or Sterling and the tank in this episode was obviously the Ausf. J (longer barrel) variation of the Panzer III?

>if they already had WW2-era planes and tanks?
They didn't. Those were invented by the mad scientist who was inspired by God.

>A new great scientist has been born in one of your cities
>Use it to discovery WW2 tecnology

Does Tanya ever itch the ditch?

>itch the ditch
No need.

>It wasn't there at the start, and there's no way they would've got stuck like that if they'd had decent tanks.

Maybe. They had mages since the start of the war and used them like how air power was used in World War I, as artillery spotters and dog fighters, rather than as heavy bombers or low air gunships.

Tanks haven't been seen Youjo Senki before Episode 10, and when they debut, it's during a blitzkrieg.

mangafox.me/manga/youjo_senki/v01/c001/5.html

>Sorry, its licensed, and not available.

Combat mages could very well have prevented wide-scale implementation of tanks, if you don't have air superiority your expensive metal box is just going to get blown to shit by a magic bullet, and if you do have air superiority you can just break their lines by blowing the shit out of them with your magic bullets.

Very good reasons
If it was a communist society that low born assassins would have been head of the secret police. Instead he is a low born assassin, easy come easy go.
But they do use the mages for bombing when they can

she knows anons

Your descendants by allowing outsiders to come in in the name of tolerance destroying your culture, national pride and identity.

>Panzer III
We Girls Und Panzer now

That's actually a logically consistent AnCap position.

If we worship god because he is powerful then it's no different than worshiping a phenomenally powerful evil alien overlord.
People will say they worship god because he represents perfect morality, but god cannot be moral because he violates pretty much every single moral commandment he demands of humans while offering no rational explanation for why that is ok, thus we're right back to worshiping a very powerful evil alien.

In other words, Sonzai X can fuck right off.

>People will say they worship god because he represents perfect morality
Who the fuck says that?
>but god cannot be moral because he violates pretty much every single moral commandment he demands of humans
Oh really? When?

>Who the fuck says that?
Literally every Abrahamic religion.

>Oh really? When?
Thou Shalt Not Kill. Roughly every second line in the old testament.

Please don't turn tread into theology shit.

>When?
Open the old testament, pick a page at random. There you go.

So can somebody run this by me - What does not-UK hope to achieve at this point given that the majority of not-France's western lines have been decimated and routed?

Even if they manage to take out Tanya at this point, not-France has lost the capability and manpower to continue fighting.

>Thou Shalt Not Kill
Jokes on you, the commandant says "Thou shalt not murder"
ok I will stop then

Did you know that mankind has had several world wars before the first world war?

Not-Uk did not know how bad the current situation was when joining

And while not-France might not have the manpower they likely have the industry

Which other wars had North, Central and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania on it?

Curious

Nine Years' War, War of the Spanish Succession, War of the Austrian Succession, Seven Years' War and Napoleonic Wars

So, is the main character going to die in the end of this? This Entity X really fucking hates our Protag and keeps sending troops telling them her plans

What a fucking spoil sport cheat of a mother fucker.

Is there any place translating the LNs? I can't wait another week or two for another episode

Bahaha nigga war crimes aren't even real just fire your guns nigga haha

>Nine Years' War
No Africa or Oceania.

>War of the Spanish Succession
No Africa, Oceania or Asia

>War of the Austrian Succession
No Africa, Oceania, Asia or South America.

>Seven Years' War
No Oceania.

>Napoleonic Wars
Same as above.

>What are colonies

>spoiler
Anime is the farthest one ahead in translations. The LN translation hasn't even gotten past the Fjord battle and only slowly translates 1 ch every 3 months, so I've heard. You're better off just learning Japanese yourself at this rate or just waiting for the anime to finish.

The only ones that come even close are Seven Year's War and Napoleonic Wars. You can't really count the Seven Year's War as it didn't involve the Ottomans, and only the countries that were NOT involved in the Americas consider the concurrent wars in the Americas as part of the Napoleonic Wars. It's very debatable to call them world wars.

Are there any other LNs or WNs I can read that are as fun as this one!? Ive been trying to find some but I dont know what to look under or what to even pick up

My prediction as to what may occur ep 11/12. Tanya's battalion will predictably suffer massive losses fighting through the skin of their teeth, but just when the UK mages has the nip in the bud, Colonel Isaac Drake receives orders to withdraw when they are finally updated that the Republic has lost, and there is not point joining a war they cannot win by themselves. Anton however, blinded by religious fervor, remains to pursue the 'Devil'

Constanze mass produced her broom.

I'm ready for Tanya to tear apart not-Big Boss.

Not sure, LNs vary wildly. I'm not really an expert when it comes to LNs but a few titles come to mind. Overlord is probably the closest feeling one to Youjo Senki that I know of. Spice and Wolf makes economics pretty fun and interesting. Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku has good characters and development but you should wait a few more months for all the translation drama to die down.

Don't mind me, I'm just passing by to remind you that I want to fuck a salaryman.