What does Sup Forums think of sincerity? And specifically...

What does Sup Forums think of sincerity? And specifically, the idea that the decline of the west is a decline in sincerity, or a decline in belief

In comic books you get some white guy, and he looks like he should in a movie, but all he does is quip. It's like nothing means anything, because everything is made light of.

1000 years ago, you don't quip, since everything is so important that it kills you if you don't take it seriously. It's the same thing with all ideas, though.

Think about it: how important are western ideals? Important enough to die or kill for? Well not really, since you would never do that. But we import people who do take it that seriously, and they do kill and die for that.

Think about the kind of version of you what would kill die for an ideal. That's the kind of man who would sail for years to reach some far off place and conquer the new world. You have to believe in things.

Our world is going to die because we don't care about our own ideas. But what makes you care? What is the recourse?

>meme flag
>reddit spacing

Sorry for replying to my own post but it feels like this is a second layer that's been missed somehow

The internet is full of people that believe in different things. Sup Forums are fascists and nationalists, reddit are communist, tumblr are some weird other thing, but what difference does it make? What's the core thing that could turn a collection of ideas into something that makes a difference?

It's sincerity. Or in other words, real belief. The kind of belief that makes you jump out of your skin if you can't act on it. But how do you engineer that? How do you both convince people and inspire them so much they actually want to act on it?

the last virtues of a dying civilization are apathy and tolerance

I agree

Also, beyond the death of our society it would be interesting to understand what modifies sincerity/commitment/inspiration at an individual level

As a kid I would so climb one of those wires.

I sincerely believe OP is a faggot. Take me seriously for the sake of western civilization.

Lurk until you feel no pull to put on a fucking larp flag or use reddit spacing. You're onto something and it isn't news. There's been discussions about post-modernism, new sincerity and the like for fucking years here. And of course it has pull, everything here is either autistic obsession with logic and figures or humor. Humor that also clearly points at sincerity, even if it's a self-deprecating and ironic sort of it.

>what modifies sincerity/commitment/inspiration at an individual level

I believe it to be personal welfare. Look at my fucking country.

What's this artists name again?

Simon Stålenhag I think

The Bolsheviks were sincere and it led to the death of tens of millions, and absolute misery for everyone else for almost a century.
Sincere belief in the wrong thing is probably worse than apathy.

That seems a pretty weird argument against sincerity. Every single person that has ever done anything good or bad in history that has had an impact has probably believed sincerely in what they were doing

USING PARAGRAPH STRUCTURE ISNT REDDIT SPACING YOU FUCKING NEW FAGGOT!

And these aren't paragraphs.

See?

It's just obnoxious.

>the west is in decline because people tell jokes
>but they didn't used to
>I, OP, know because I was there

It still doesn't seem to be so offensive as to disregard someone's opinion entirely. For a board built on free expression of idea we are quick to dismiss opinion

Well, deal with it. You don't control others. You control yourself. You can avoid this easily, or be a bitch about how people don't pay attention to some larpflagging faggot straight out of reddit.

I agree. For example I firmly believe that if alien contact was disclosed people would be on reddit and twitter making jokes about it instead of recognizing it for what it is. Our society has been programmed that way. 20 years ago the people would not have so quickly forgotten about the Las Vegas shooting and all the unanswered questions and hidden agendas. Now its all just forgotten. Here we still believe we still have spirit and we will not dishonor our ancestors.

It's still facile to dismiss someone's opinion based on some stupid rule of board culture. It's not even a rule that exists for a good reason, and you use it purely to give you some quick and easy reason to hate someone, probably because you're too lacking in originality to think of your own

Deal with it.

Yeah nice retort moron

Yes, it is. You control your actions, bitching about others' does jack shit. Deal with it.

Sorry for calling you a moron, I will take from you the idea that inspiration is the control one's actions

What the hell is the point of this post?
It reads like an autistic breakdown.

Newfag Reddit autism. Please leave and never come back.

There's hope yet. As long as there is air in good men's lungs, they will find a way