Why do Americans hate education so much?

denverpost.com/2017/06/04/men-women-college-proportion/

yahoo.com/news/1-2-graduates-jobless-underemployed-140300522.html

edition.cnn.com/2012/05/09/opinion/bennett-obama-campaign/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/en_au/article/av973g/new-zealand-university-drop-out-rate-highest-in-the-oecd
stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/assignments/share-your-news-and-views/18290925/The-job-market-is-cruel-to-graduates
youtube.com/watch?v=UnAbszcy3bs
youtube.com/watch?v=FEvkbhKVBU4
archive.is/3GdLo#selection-825.42-825.47
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bonus content from my own country

vice.com/en_au/article/av973g/new-zealand-university-drop-out-rate-highest-in-the-oecd

stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/assignments/share-your-news-and-views/18290925/The-job-market-is-cruel-to-graduates

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=UnAbszcy3bs

Gen Z is laughing at the Millenial debt crisis and scooping up the cushy trade jobs Memellenials passes up.

>denver
Downtown denver is a shit place to go to college I don't blame him

>endless afirmitive action
>thought every single day that white people and men especially are the biggest evil there was/will be
>useless gender studies
>you'll have to use made up gender pronouns and if you don't you'll get criminally charged or schooled by some old feminist at best
>lifelong crippling student debt
>marxist professors
>outside of a very few instances you end up with an useless degree
>some chick can just end your life with a fake rape accusation, if found she was lying nothing will happen to her while you'll be ostricised and/or expelled
>you have to attend worthless diversity classes
>if you are not a liberal/leftist you'll be riddiculed and shunned
>every day you'll experience the wonders of antifa and BLM protests against nothing what so ever

GEE I FUCKING WONDER

Why do Americans hate education so much?

Radical liberal politics (left-wing feminism, SJWs, )curriculum consisting of: finding missing angles of triangles, scientific theories that have been debunked, recycled Shakespearian plays etc.

Schools don't each practial skills, like cooking, building computers, fixing cars, fishing, etc.

I feel like the world is slowly forgetting about Millenials. Now it's all Gen Z now. Millenials are people like fucking Mark Zuckerberg, Taylor Swift and Daisy Ridley i.e. young adults who somewhat have their shit sorted or are full on homeless debt ridden.

With the majority of millenials being the later we're all now excited to see what mid 90s, to mid 00s people are gonna do next

Paying 100 grand for useless whitey-hating Marxist indoctrination is not education.

What is the point of spending tens of thousands of dollars just to be replaced by a robot if you graduate and find a job? Better to wait for UBI and play videogames.

Some of us just hate school or under perform and prefer to just work. Not interested in learning "gender studies". Anything I need to or want to learn, I can do so on my own online, books and/or experience.

>College grad
>Not a debt drowned shabbos goyim

You gotta choose.

I support Polski's statement

It's hard to think, when you are a mutt

Better give men incentives with quotas and paid tuition then. You know, to boost their participation. What's that? Never going to happen?

Muh equality.

It's just men. Now that we have equal opportunity, we have a living proof that women are both smarter and more ambitious.

shit tier bait

College was the worst mistake i ever made overpriced bullshit that tries to brainwash you into a libtard no thanks glad i dropped out early fuck that

Shit just learn a needed trade.
Become a welder or a car mechanic.
If i was an american i would study bore-making(borsesmed) because i imagine you guys like to custumise your funs.

It's not education anymore, it's a cultural marxist racket.

Because their education is very little other than propaganda to genocide them. It was a mistake giving women rights and fawning over them and being so daft about the ooga-booga bullshit while setting the slaves free.

Indoctrination is un-American.

I went to trade school instead, because I originally had a close to full ride scholarship, but due to forced curriculum when I wasn't ready or capable of taking it, I flunked out of a class, and they pulled it from under me. Unfortunate, and it's my fault for not preparing, but I wasn't gonna stay and rack up tens of thousands of dollars of debt, fuck that noise. I went to trade school and got an apprenticeship with a plumber in the span of a year. The money's good, the training was super easy to understand, and the hours are ultra flexible.

Why is 'equal opportunity' riddled with quotas, preferential employment, preferential treatment and female only workshops?

t. pg university student

I said "No thanks to middle school."

Waste of money.
I wish I did the same when I started.

Luckily I think I might have scored one of the few degrees of use. Most offer nothing.

Oh noes, they'll never make it as a call-center team leader without a degree. Fools!

>Oh look, its the same namefag that is helping to bait in some other thread of a guy who uses reddit spacing

Dont pretend to be witty, everyone and their mom knows how retarded the college ""((education))"" is nowadays. Naturally people go for the education that the market demands.

Women ruin everything. Men should just set up new counter-colleges instead. They'd be the new elite schools within a generation.

You want my real opinion op? The drive to succeed and the immediate gratification of a job right out of high school. College doesn't buy you a car and when you're working full time it's difficult to think about going back to school and before you know it you have a pay raise and you're like fuck going to fucking college

Is that why you went happily to war with Iraq?

>college
>education
choose one

because (((college))) is a kike scam. good job youngling burgers

t. dropout who started his own business

> Maxwell, who dropped out of Littleton’s Araphoe Community College after one semester. Maxwell said he didn’t want to waste his parents’ money on college work that held little or no interest to him.

> “I just wanted to see what I wanted to do with my life and college was never a part of that,” said Maxwell, currently an employee at a Parker liquor store. “It might cost me financially down the road, but I never really saw myself as getting rich anyway. So I don’t see it as much of a loss.”

> “If you don’t want to go to college you can go to a trade school and come away with something and not be on the hook for $150,000,” said 28-year-old Adam Stark, who dropped out of college and now is thriving in the music business in Denver.

> Others say the campus environment has become testy, even hostile, toward men. “You definitely get the sense you are the problem,” said Maxwell. “One woman once told me that she could use statistics to determine how many of my friends were rapists.”

> Meanwhile, over the past decade about 30 percent of male college students have dropped out during their freshman year, according to education consultant and blogger Daniel Riseman. He is among those in higher education circles that calls the declining number of college males a “silent epidemic.”

youtube.com/watch?v=FEvkbhKVBU4

Really makes you think

You might be right. Betas have so little incentives to participate they figure out they might as well drop out and take it easy.

Thots are better off buying a timeshare than going to college. Guys arent suckers.

I knew university was a huge scam when one summer I got out a textbook, taught myself the content for free, and realized the next semester I did not need to attend a single lecture or tutorial to pass the subject.

Why am I paying these parasites so much?

Fuck universities. They produce such smug, self-satisfied intellectual lightweights who are not used to being challenged. It's nice to break one of these faggots from time to time. The shock on their faces. Priceless.

Let women, faggots, jews, and niggers toil in those places. Meanwhile we men will quietly keep the world working.

It's not just sexual politics thing; Americans also tend not to want to learn other languages. I know a Danish guy who served in NATO as a signals soldier. He was merely an electrian. He was fluent in Danish, Swedish, Dutch, German and English and knew some French too. He didn't think that was out of the ordinary. In general Americans tend to be very intellectually lazy.

Because you need that paper that says "I did a degree".
That said, I've learned many things that textbooks do not teach because my degree is specifically unique to jurisdictions.

I finaly took Sup Forumss advice and went for a trade. February i start the 2y course to become a eletro-mechanic naval technician. I was looking at jobs/pay and you guys were not kidding, working on an oil platform gets you half a month working and 14 straight vacation days, salary is pretty nice too.

Those comments though

> As for hostility toward men? Women and minorities have long functioned in schools/ workplaces that are hostile to them. No sympathy from me.

> The young men I know in college haven't experienced any hostility. My guess is because they treat all respectfully and, hence, are treated respectfully in turn. Stuff that most seem to learn early in life. If not, you know what they say about karma...

> I'm not saying it's ok to be hostile to anyone. Where did I say that. I'm saying that young men have long taken their privlledged status for granted.

>being in debt just because of college education

>university was a huge scam
> taught myself the content for free

professional licenses require baccalaureate and sometimes equivalent to doctoral degree

also, good paying jobs require degrees, they wouldn't care how smart you are if you do not have a degree

Universities think they can reverse the trend by adding football programs. Other than large state schools that have had a program for over a century, most football programs, even before accounting for Title IX, lose money and must be propped up by student fees that make college an even worse economic deal.
If universities would pay attention to the things that are actually repelling men from instead of trying quick fix window dressing, they might get men back. But that would require giving up their extreme leftist power structure, which they won't do.

>lazy
You misspelled efficient. Knowledge and learning time are both finite. If you spend years learning half a dozen different languages, you've used up time and resources you could have used to learn actual trade skills. Being able to say faucet in a dozen languages isn't as productive as being able to actually install a faucet.

because im not paying for this shit

archive.is/3GdLo#selection-825.42-825.47

>can't legally drink but 25k in debt

Thanks mom that sure was an excellent financial decision for 18 year old me to make.

theres a difference between education and 'education'

Underrated

I wish I had. It was a complete waste of 5 years of my life that I could've been out in the world MAKING money instead of spending it. I'm doing well for myself and my field is only BARELY related to my degree. I think all the time how much better off I'd be right now with 5 years of experience under my belt compared to a degree that's more or less just like everyone else's.

College used to be an investment in yourself. If you put in the hard work you'd come out with a much higher chance of creating a better life for yourself. It just ain't that way anymore.

College isn't an investment it's a career tax with no guarantee of a career.

>Woman teachers from elementry up to highschool
>Schooling becomes who can follow the rules and finish assignments in the exact way the teacher said to with a very narrow interpretation of the subject
School has become Simon says, it's less about education are more about following the rules.
Girls love to follow the rules, and boys hate it.
Boys seek competition and women flee from it.
If you act disagreeably in school your grades become worse because of grading bias.
Remember that paper you got that was a B+ it could have been an A if you had been more friendly.

Because it tends to destroy their preffered world view. They'd rather hide their heads in the sand and pretend the world outside doesn't exist.

Same reason men haven’t been marrying, they don’t engage in bad deals.

My company requires a degree for my job but it was entirely umessecary; the company was more than capable of teaching me any math/buisness writting skills on the job. If I could have started 5 years earlier at 18 I would have

>I want to put myself in massive debt for the rest of my life to be screamed at by Jewish professors about white privilege for 4-6 years

I don't see why other men don't get involved in trade school. After 4 years (debt free) you take in about 70 or 80k a year. And your rank can change quickly as long as you're not a moron. I know dudes 30 years old and have foreman jobs making between 100 and 125k a year. Use that money to get into real estate, shit you already have a trade under your belt to save money on remodeling.

If anything, technical or vocational school at this point would serve you better in lifelong career unless you're going law, medical, or some other field that requires a shiny degree. Also, a lot of people don't take the other big opportunity college offers, networking with other people in your field. Knowing people and making in's in your career is something a ton of people miss.

Ignorance is bliss.

t. hasn't been to college for anything other than a lib arts degree

This and live with siblings for a while to save $$$. I'm a diesel mechanic, my brother is a shipping clerk, my other brother is a bus driver and my cousin is a sheriff officer. We live together in a 1 bedroom house (part of the living room is part of another "bedroom" and our large garage is "2 other bedrooms"). We've lived together, going close to 5 years and each of us pay about $310 in rent/utilities a month. We've all saved different ranges, that has past $140k each, at minimal (so we all have a combined savings of about $600k). No debt. Our cousin plans to buy a house (w/4 acres) that we'll pitch in to help, so we each can build a cottage (about $16k each). We'll each keep and buy more property. The youngest of us is 24, the oldest if us is 31.

College is pretty useless and pointless if your IQ is below 110

Well American diplomas aren’t worth the money here. You can get the same jobs with much cheaper foriegn ones.

>get STEM Honors degree
>thankfully no debt, work through College
>6 months now, no job related to my degree

it's great guys, ha..ha...

Elementary school provides girls with uplifting and positive messages of “you can do/be anything” while providing boys with uplifting messages of “Sit down, shut up and take your fucking Adderall”.

>went through college
>made no connections
>did no research
>did no internships
>says STEM degree rather than what your actual degree is
>didn't get a job
Wow how suprising

You don't know how intimidating it is, for all the professors and students to be like that and only one or two redpilled people in lectures. Can never critically argue points or you will get shut down and badly marked.

Cause men know value and most university degrees are worthless. Universities have dumbed themselves down so women and minorities can partake. Unless you're going into something like engineering or medicine as a male you should take a vocation instead.

>do EE
>get engineer's degree
>study for masters on weekends while working because there are some qualifications you just can't get if you don't have masters here

That being said my degree was free, masters isn't but it's cheap(I can easily afford it with my shit entry-tier job).

Why would you learn 6 different languages when you only need one?
Where in America does anyone speak German, or French? I can't think of a reason I would want to travel to french Canada, and Paris is a shit hole which by the way both of those places have English speakers.

college is a scam and everyone knows it. hijacked by communists, as usual.

>In general Americans tend to be very intellectually lazy.
I literally live thousands of miles away from the nearest ESL region, and even then my choices are limited to Spanish and French. And French is a total meme.

Learning something other than English is the US is entirely recreational.

>Get a degree in Comp Sci, $40K in debt
>Doing a fucking customer service job at a call center nowhere near related to my field
>been applying online and all I get is Sales shit or entry level Desktop support
>company won’t take a chance on an American programmer when they can get an Indian on a work visa and pay them in rice and curry powder
Yeah it was a great fucking investment

You don't get an honors from my college without doing research. I also did an internship during the summer, and although I excelled in it, the specific industry (tobacco) did not interest me.

The only thing I did get from college is:
1. I know what I love doing now
2. Great friends
3. Multiple offers to take on a Masters/Ph.d that are still on the table, but I don't think I'm really for that rabbit hole.

Also the entire world speaks English as a second language pretty much courtesy of 200+ years of brittis and now American dominance over the earth

There is no need to learn any other language because English is becoming the lingua Franca of the human race

>which by the way both of those places have English speakers.
You don't want to speak English in France. At least learn how to ask French if they know English in French, they might get offended if you start going on about how you're 1/69 French in English.

Modern universities are leftist cesspools. You can still have a solid trade without going to college.

Go be a mechanic, plumber, electrician, HVAC tech, etc.

My heating & air conditioning buddy makes bank off idiots with PhDs who can't figure out how their thermostat works.

its honestly just too expensive

Who the fuck cares about (((colleges))) anymore? There is NOTHING there you can't teach yourself from the internet. And you get to skip the brainwashing

>buzzfeed women gonna be so smug about having women more educated
>buzzfeed women gonna reeeeeeeeing at how men still make more money despite that

bullshit

mark of the jew may I ask?

what;s the best degree anons

no you really don't need it. You just need to prove to an employer that you can make them a return on the money they pay you. That or you fucking man up and start a business.

>last year of my master's in computer science
>education is paid through taxes
>found a job as an iOS developer this summer
>currently working full time and finishing my degree
>degree is kind of useless for my job

I don't really regret getting it though seeing as how it did help me land this job (lots of people in the company have the same degree from the same uni)

Software dev is a big field and the job market is quite flexible. You can get a decent job without a degree but I don't feel my degree is completely useless.

If I paid 50k for it out of pocket like Americans do I might have felt differently though.

This is the legacy of Pink Floyd.

I think this blows most European minds when they realize there is a single language you can use everywhere in an area the size of Europe.

Jose Everyday will learn enough English to get by; I don't need to learn Spanish. French Canadians will start a conversation with "Bonjour, Hello" so you can chose.

Because the price of tuition is skyrocketing and most student loans are straight up Jewish.

why would you want to broaden the mind?? just turn the tv on and instagram your life away you retard

Sounds comfy.

I know that feel leafbro

>graduate with mechanical engineering bachelors in 2014
>go travelling in straya 2015
>last 2 years work min wage job as security in office buildings

Meanwhile

>tradie mates get through shitty apprenticeship by 21/22
>by mid 20s running own business
>nice house, nice new van

PS. I'm coming to Canada soon on a working holiday visa, any tips for getting jobs in Justinistan?

you hear that fellas? the slow march to hard times ahead. war cometh.

you did well but for most people i think CS is a bit of a meme. if you're not really good or really lucky, you'll probably end up in some shitty pajeet office working for peanuts. best way to go as a programmer is freelance imo.

This
/thread

I never let school get in the way of my education.

I'm $20,000 in debt for what? I'm working a job that i could be doing without a college degree. Degrees are useless nowadays unless you go into law, medicine, or STEM. Why make yourself a debt slave when you could learn a trade at a tech school/community college for a fraction of the cost and make more money? And you can start your own business too. If i could go back and do it again, i never would have gone to University.

>men saying no thanks
>not men being forced out by affirmative action and rape allegations.

>last 2 years work min wage job as security in office buildings

This is literally me, I just got off a shift. I think if I don't find a job I enjoy in a year I'm just gonna gamble all my money away, buy hookers and kill myself. I don't have any tips for finding work besides the usual "send shit everywhere" spiel.

CS is a bit of a meme in the sense that there's just not many jobs that put it to good use.

The competition for jobs that make use of machine learning, optimisation algorithms, NLP, data science etc. are far and few inbetween compared to all the jobs in mobile and web development.

And you definitely don't need to have a 4-5 year degree to be a good and competent web/mobile developer.

And the pay really isn't that shit either from what I've seen. Programming is just flexible like that it enables you to seek a job pretty much everywhere in the EU. The friends who have eng degrees in electrical or mechanical have less choice than me because you not every country has a robust industry in those fields.

when ive already made a fortune investing in crypto and mining crypto, why do i need to go to college?

>checkmate college fags

This is the same in a lot of indsutry fields, the graduate job market is so cut throat mow that it is international. Have you ever considered GIS (Geographical Information Systems)? The industry is growing and they are always on the lookout for programmers.

This anons power is high, he gets it. I went into a trade at 19 and I make 6 figures now. Zero school debt and my house is paid off.