Christians divided? why are they split into Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox or whatever else?

Redpill me on Christianity, I never grow up Christian but I like to know more about the faith.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=228&v=blUTC7zzzRI
youtube.com/watch?v=z4bG9DXDaos
jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Russian_Orthodox/ro_10.htm
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/proceed from
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

www.ourladyisgod.com

Jesus isn't your friend. Switch to paganism

>Redpill me on...
>Impact font

Lurk MOAR.

I'm not looking for conversion. The thread does not have pagan in the title or anti-pagan I just asked a simple question.

switch to agnosticism/atheism

Americans basically annihilated Christianity. Martin Luther fucked it up a fair bit, but Americans really hammered the nails into the coffin.

He didn't ask for help becoming a retard.

Cult of God. Good luck, spooky habbenings and coincidences galore. Jews killed Christ.
Love thy neighbor
Thou shall not steal or covet

That's all you need to know

They split because men voted on what is truth and what isn't in successive councils, the most important of which has been the Nicene Council and its trinitarian creed.

Then everyone realized they could themselves do the same thing in a subgroup and exclude people who didn't think like them. That's how you get 38k different sects.

Truth isn't schismatic, it aims to unite around a common principle. And while Jesus did exactly that, the people that followed didn't hesitate to irredeemably distort his teachings, with the result you now see.

According to Roman Catholicism:
"You are Kepha and on this Kephas I will build my Church, the gates of the underworld will not prevail against it, I give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven, what you bind and loose on earth shall be bound and loosed in heaven" Matthew 16:18. Jesus Christ being that indivisible One Church that has been preserved to this day.

According to Protestantism: The Gates of hell prevailed against the Church as soon as James the Just and the end of the apostles and Christianity did not exist for 1500 years until the prophet Luther revealed his Lutheran dogmas and revived the faith thus creating 33000 different denominations.

According to the Eastern Church:
The seat of Peter is occupied by a meanie and we refuse to have communion with him because... Mysterious Reasons...

Are you retarded?

Misery loves company.

There are so many denominations because humans are retarded.

The most important point is the first sentence in your image. He is the only way.

Go with Christ.

>talking about protestanism without knowledge

If you think Luther preached any of what you typed, you're hopeless. None of what he believed had to do with the scripture, but the Church as an organization.

Martin Luther really fucked it up. also liked to eat poop. doesnt matter cuz every sect is compromised now. just read the book and believe in jesus and ignore the mumbo jumbo churches preach.

The only reason church became a thing at all was because nobody knew how to read.

You misspelled jews.

Because the bible has ambiguities and people naturally interpret them in different ways, with no rational way to determine which interpretation is objectively correct

Oh look, it's someone who has absolutely no idea what they're talking about!

>The seat of Peter is occupied by a meanie and we refuse to have communion with him because... Mysterious Reasons...

Because he is a heretic that teaches that the Holy Spirit proceeds from both the Father and the Son

Then Jesus is a heretic too I guess "I will send the holy spirit"

>multiple smaller churches with limits imposed on their ability to influence government
>more accountability and full attention and faith fixed on god

>one big church with infinite authority
>corruption and simony, attention and faith fixed on corrupted men.

I kinda get why you get confused. If you read the scripture in Koine Greek the way its supposed to be read perhaps you will understand why this quotation makes to sense to the current arguement. Proceed doesn't mean come from it means rise from/originate or something along those lines. Are you a Catholic?

See chart.

Only baptists are the real Christians. They belong to Christ's church that he started on the Day of Pentecost in 33 AD. He gave us as Christians the keys to the kingdom of heaven, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against us.

We have worshiped the Lord since that day. Many have come and gone, but we remain.

Of course the swede supports the most nigger-infested church.

thanks protestants

this is why I'm not part of that bs

No proceed means to process or go, and does not mean originate. Your confusion lies in the different ways the Greek church have translated procedit, and the mistaken version which implies origination is indeed heretical for everything originates from the Father. I am Catholic yes.

Give me one good reason to be a Christian that doesn't require already believing in Christianity.

>Jesus is the way because the bible said so
I wish I had that religious circular reasoning pic because that's literally all religionfags have.

KEK!

Sorry made a mistake. I should have clarified that with proceed I mean the Koine Greek word for it which is εkπορεύομαι. This is the original word which was agreed by the First Council of Constantinople (381). The controversy stems from the mistranslation of εkπορευομαι as procedit by the Latins. It was then translated as such to all Catholics.

Baptists are protestants son. Also the Orthodox church is the oldest denomination there exists.

Christianity is a Greek religion founded by Paul the apostle. It’s based on a Jewish sect around the apostle James which viewed Jesus as the Jewish messiah.

Hes got that down already.

Procedit is the correct translation as procedit does not assert origination. The issue lies with the Eastern Church translating procedit into a Greek word that does assert origination.

We both believe the same thing. Father sends Holy Spirit to the son who then sends the holy spirit to the creation

The fact that there are many different individual churches doesn't really make there 38000 different kinds of Christianity, there are just that many different organizations. In terms of actual different beliefs there are basically

>Orthodox
>Oriental Orthodox
>Catholic
>Sedevacantists

>Anglican
>Lutheran
>Presbyterian
>Baptist/Evangelical
>Pentecostal
>Methodist

That is about it in terms of actual differences in beliefs, there are different organizations but they are the same thing. More importantly they all agree on the core important ideas.

What Im trying to tell you is that the Latins mistranslated the greek word, which came first. Anyways There is one quite big issue that keeps our churches split. The primacy of the Pope. If you catholics denounce that perhaps we could be in full communion again after all those years. Don't forget that the Pope acted like a complete idiot in the Middle Ages (crowning Charlamagne as the Roman Emperor, greedy as fuck etc.)

When are y'all gonna realize that Mormonism is the objectively superior religion in all of it's functional aspects, as compared to any other 'sect.'

Roman Catholic Church was literally created by Jesus. Every other church has been created by Satanists attempting to destroy the one true church.
All non-Catholics are literal Satanists, especially the Orthodox, who mixed Christianity with Paganism. As soon as we defeat the Kikes and Kebabs, they should be next.
If you're not with Christ, you're a servant of Satan.

>Dualistic hoovering jesus.

The whole point of him being a man.

You are not even Christian. Stop LARPing.

No we're not protestants. Protestantism is an off-shoot of Christianity. We aren't trying to reform Catholics, we want nothing to do with them.

Pic related is Protestant church.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=228&v=blUTC7zzzRI

How can it be a mistranslation when it has the same meaning of sending and not implying origination? The issue lies when Eastern Churches tried to translate procedit back to Greek which creates a word that does assert origination.

The Church Fathers all asserted Papal Primacy and the Greek Church still this day asserts the primacy of the bishop of Rome, see the 2007 council of Ravenna. Your bishops and patriarchs refuse his authority because they perceive him to not be acting in a brotherly but an authoritarian spirit.

The image depicts G-d and Jesus.

Mormons have the highest rate of college graduates and lowest rate of faggotry in the country.

I know there are alot if sects in Christianity. I would ask them this. As a Catholic, is it possible for orthodox or protestants to be martyred for Christ? The same for orthodox and prostestants as well, can a Catholic be martyred for Christ? If the answer is yes then join the one that is most comfortable.
1Corinthians 1:11 For I have been informed concerning you, my brethren, by Chloe's people, that there are quarrels among you. 12 Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, "I am of Paul," and "I of Apollos," and "I of Cephas," and "I of Christ." 13 Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14

Your heretic sect was created in the 16th century. Go to your local Orthodox Church. I assure you that only there will you find peace. We too try to reform the Catholics. We have beatiful chants and icons. Come join us anons.
youtube.com/watch?v=z4bG9DXDaos

see Digits confirm, faggot!
If you want to save your soul, join the one and only church, the body of Christ, and that is the Catholic Church. If you don't believe this, read the Bible.

They can only be martyrs if they are Catholic in heart and intention. There is no salvation outside of the Catholic Church. Schismatics and Heretics cut them self off from the Church. You don't join the Church because it's comfortable, you join it because it is true

You are Catholic. Your church is called the "Orthodox Catholic Church". "I believe in one holy catholic church".

Sorry, I don't worship idols and baptize babies, I read the Bible and believe God's word. We were created on Day of Pentecost 33 AD. Orthodox were created in 1054 AD.

Digits confirm what? If you were an active christian you would already know that Catholics and Orthodox Christians have almost the exact same beliefs.

>checks flag
sounds about right.
Not really divided. The various denominations have different practices, but the only three major splits are Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox. None of which really have that many conflicts, despite what you might see from the D&C shills.

Yeah I know but nowdays Catholic refers only to the Roman Catholic Church, atleast in the West

Thats the effect of many disagreements beetwen Christian priests and rulers which were quite often in middle ages.

Uhhhhh I won't bother anymore with you. Keep believing what you are told to believe. I will encourage you one last time to pay a visit the your local Orthodox or hell even the Catholic church in order for you to be saved from eternal Hell. May Christ give you wisdom my friend.

Use proper terminology as Satan wants the Eastern Church to deny the title of Catholic in order to increase separation. Never deny yourself the title of Catholic for that is tantamount to apostasy and places you outside of the Catholic Church and outside of salvation

This is how Europeans worshiped God for centuries. Come back to Christ and give Him the honor he deserves.

Traditional Catholic here. Ama.

>John 10:16: "I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them in as well, and they will listen to My voice. Then there will be one flock and one shepherd."
>Matthew 7:15: “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves”
reminder if you're not an OG/Primitive follower of Christ, you're in the wrong flock.

No, they don't. That's a meme.
Orthodox priests don't have a vow to celibacy, on the contrary, they are required to be married.
Orthodox mix pagan customs with Christian ones, which is heresy.
Orthodox don't have the original sin, so nothing compels them to self-sacrifice.
Need I continue?
History has shown which one is right. Name one Orthodox country that was ever as successful as most Catholic countries today.

All in all, you are unwittingly serving Satan. Break away, brother. See the light.

>believing the crucified Jew

>some random monk versus the magisterum
>so he immigrated to geonosis and initiated a rebellion
also bad slide thread, each time more obvious

Why is Pedro pretending to be White again?

There is no salvation inside Catholic or Orthodox churches, because you believe in a different gospel based on your own works. Your works are as filthy rags before God.

Weird because that gay shit is pouring out from those smaller supposedly uncorrupted churches.

>blocks your path

>Gohanfag

Another fucking Pedro.

Because Jesus literally rose from the dead.

>Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

This kills the Catholic.

if it were really a paco, i'd be chanting about maria all day right now.

>Orthodox priests don't have a vow to celibacy, on the contrary, they are required to be married.

What are you talking about? The Orthodox rule is priest marriage is that they have to either get married before they become a priest or become celibate, and all Bishops need to be celibate.

More importantly the RCCs didn't have mandatory celibacy for the first thousand years of its existence.

Doesn't believe Jesus is God.
Completely ahistorical.

No thanks.

>Orthodox priests don't have a vow to celibacy, on the contrary, they are required to be married.
No they are not required to be married. Many higher offices (Bishops for example) require you not to be married.
>Orthodox mix pagan customs with Christian ones, which is heresy.
Could you name one?
>Orthodox don't have the original sin, so nothing compels them to self-sacrifice.
You don't have a clue have you?

>or that is in the water under the earth

What did god mean by this?

Hi Friend, we believe in the infallibility of Scripture and because St James the Just said in scripture that "a man is justified by works not by Faith alone" we are forced to hold the belief that we are saved by grace alone in Christ alone through faith and works not faith alone or works alone. God bless.

so why isn't this canon again?

Comfortable was a bad choice of words. Rather that you might fit in better in one church in a city than another.

The council of Carthage deemed it to be too corrupted to be canon. A lot of church fathers seem to believe it to contain divinely inspired scripture

God bless you, sir.

James 2 is a fantastic Scripture on the importance of works in order to demonstrate our faith in the eyes of man. Paul confirms this when he uses the exact same story of Abraham in Romans 4, and he says, "Abraham were justified by works, BUT NOT BEFORE GOD".

This is also evident from within James 2 itself, when James brings up an example of someone who is NOT profited from faith without works. The person who is NOT profited is the one who isn't receiving the gospel and isn't receiving good works -- not the person not doing the good works. The person not doing the good works is still saved.

Even in your chart that's a lot of white Catholics. In my experience the traditional ones are even whiter.

You shouldn't join the church based on if you fit in, but on whether it is true or not

he is the ex-jw turboautist

Weird because then they were commanded to make sculptures on the Ark. Oh and remember that whole snake on a stick bit? Might want to explain that.

And do you keep pictures of your relatives? That's idolatry, goy.

Catholics believe the pope is some higher person with special connections to God, whereas Protestants believe everyone (even the pope) has the same level of connection to God, as the pope is just another man nothing more.

I was raised in a protestant church my entire life, and my Father was a pastor of a church. DON'T GET INVOLVED IN A CHURCH. Read scripture if you like, but what really matters is Christian heritage. The American church is a bunch of fucking faggots and weak men with no back bone. The Christians that you should emulate are the ones that carried guns and wiped out entire civilizations.

>No they are not required to be married. Many higher offices (Bishops for example) require you not to be married.
That's monks. Priests in American Orthodox have to be married. Nice try.

>Could you name one?
jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Russian_Orthodox/ro_10.htm
Read and weep.

>You don't have a clue have you?
Yes, I do. You don't respect the original sin and spend your life repenting. Your god forgives you if you simply ask for it. Tell me where I'm wrong, Satanist.

What are you implying? Or are you just "rendering the word of God to be of none effect" like you always do?

Which is stupid. Have you talked to most people?

Faith without works is dead

That's what proceed means, but the phrase "proceed from" means "to originate from"

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/proceed from

and not even the baptists can stop their denomination from becoming pentecostal/charismatic
but what have swedes ever defended..

The lesson was to not worship created things. That's what pagans did. It wasn't a prohibition on images. We don't worship statues. In the same way, a picture of your relative isn't actually your relative.

Don't fall for their jew tricks.

I grew up Catholic. It was dark, Gothic churches, incense and heavy prayer since you get popped out of your mom. Never truly believed. Met someone whose family was Christian. They took me to Sandles once. It was very plain on the outside but the inside liked like a resort. Giant tvs projecting the pastor preaching on a giant stage, food trucks galore, swimming pools, pool tables... such a different world.

In the eyes of man.

When you're bowing down to statues and creating gigantic golden images, touching the dead bodies of saints... you might be in a Babylonian cult.

Indeed works alone will not save anyone for faith is necessary. The Catholic Church interprets works in terms of following Jesus' sacramental commandments that he said were necessary for salvation: to be baptised in water (baptism) and holy spirit (confirmation), to repent and confess through the apostles and successors whom Jesus appointed to bind and loose sin (confession) and to eat his true flesh and blood (Eucharist). These works are a visible profession of faith which increase the faith through grace and make it a living faith as James said we must have. God bless.

Yeah, there's always been false preachers and heresies out there. Paul documents it.

>Are Christians divided?
Yes

>Redpill me on Christianity
The only unity that exists is the text, The Bible, King James' Bible. A supposedly homosexual english king that had to make "The official Bible" so the Christians would stop fighting over the sacred texts, which were at the time really different depending on who you'd ask.
That's the redpill. The Bible is watered down version of translations of old ass jewish and christian texts.

>Mostly bullshit?
Totally.
Even historians can't say for sure if Jesus even existed(as a man). The Romans wrote down litteraly everything, and Jesus is named in second hand, in a biased text, written way after his said death.

>More redpill?
Most Christians havn't read the Bible at all. Very few read it entirely. Nothing new, it used to be in latin, and the masses can't read, so it's really a shepeard / sheep relationship with religious leaders telling you what to think, how to interpret.
Most of text contradicts itself. Thousand times over.

It has a few good things to it.
The Jefferson Bible, from Thomas Jefferson contains all the good shit and throws out all the bad shit.
Recommended if you want a morally good text, instead of a list of myths and horrible sacred wrath

Those things are works and won't save you whatsoever. If you trust those things to save you in any capacity, then you're denying Christ's sacrifice and you're not saved.

"Born of the water and the spirit" isn't referring to baptism. When the Bible talks about baptism, it uses the word "baptism"... Hard to understand, I know. How about you look up what the water, the spirit and the blood symbolizes in the Bible and think about why water poured out of Jesus' side when he was pierced on the cross.

And no, your cracker isn't literally Jesus Christ's body and no it won't save you.

Catholic theology is nonsensical.

No it doesn't. Your dictionary even says "to come from" not originate.