What was her fucking problem?

What was her fucking problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Fv50DzU2l4s
youtube.com/watch?v=W_FeLLZ7eIU
youtube.com/watch?v=kmmydWaL-H8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

She's a teenage girl in a world full of hot guys.

Also I'm glad that people are watching Escaflowne again. Would be a shame if that show was lost.

she was a fucking whore who deserved to die. her and tranny fag ruined the show.

Shitty rushed writing ruined the show, honestly.

people have to constantly remind Sup Forumsnons that Isekai != LNs

I'm saying this is garbage, but it's garbage.

Escaflowne is good though, until a certain point.

>until a certain point

The beginning of the first episode?

Nothing.

nice one user.
but obviously it turns south the last 5-6 episodes.

Escaflowne was great from beginning to end. They only fucked it up with the movie which drastically changed the characters for the worst

>Escaflowne was great from beginning to end
That's just not true. It needed more episodes, it was way to rushed at the end.

Who nose?

I miss the OST.

If i recall correctly, Escaflowne was intended to be a 39 chapters show. But changes of directores, shelved for a tiem, and a rewrite of some concepts and a drasticall budget cut, they need to fit al the story in 26 chapters without remove all the characters.

the fuck, those are great

this show gets better the later the episode

She was really fast meaning that she was faster than light and could only live in darkness.

she couldnt just let a fight scene happen without whining about it every other cut

She was a 15 years old girl stuck into a not wish fulfillment isekai. Also anime.

Only episode 23 is truly bad.

ALLEN-SAN

But user fighting was fucking up Van in the head.

>She was a 15 years old girl stuck into a not wish fulfillment isekai

Technically it was literal wish fulfillment isekai.

It's just that she didn't know that, and she was a pessimist.

>Technically it was literal wish fulfillment isekai

Please tell me I wasn't the only one who got aroused by Dilandau.

I personally disliked everything about her character, she was pessimistic, depressed for seemingly no reason, and above all her character desings was absolute shit.

I don't know she seemed pretty reasonable to me

only problem I had was that she wanted to fuck every guy in the series

Cute imouto.

>pessimistic, depressed for seemingly no reason
Sounds more like the movie version.

But I got aroused when I still thought the imouto was a boy.

This. Anime Hitomi had actual reasons to be moody.

They were both annoyingly pessimistic. It was her pessimism that was partly to blame for whatever future she saw coming their way. Also, she's the one that broke it off with Van forever at the end, and we're never given a reason why she does it.

Isaac Newton

You guys can complain about it feeling rushed, but you can't deny it crossed the finish line without falling on its face like most 90's and 00's anime. Sunrise was killing it back then with instant classics left and right.

Something's wrong with you if you get sent to a dimension of ridiculously hot people and you don't want to tap any of that.

It would have been great if not for the "I'll never forget you Van, even when I'm old."
Yeah, fuck that ending.

>leaves the fucking pendant with Van
for what purpose.jpg

I get Hitomi needing to go home, but why the fuck would they burn the fucking bridge in the process.

Supposedly they can both travel back and forth at will. Or at least Van can using the Escaflowne or pendent.

Which makes it all the more retarded they decided to spit up forever.

>Technically it was literal wish fulfillment isekai.
What were her wishes that got fullfilled?

She got to be around hot guys that all wanted her. How is that not wish fulfilment.

But she had from the beginning eyes for that handsome long haired dude, but ended up with that whiny little bitch.

Still regularly listen to it, quality stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Fv50DzU2l4s
youtube.com/watch?v=W_FeLLZ7eIU
youtube.com/watch?v=kmmydWaL-H8

>Sup Forums is gay
call the fucking news

>talking shit about Hitomi
>talking shit about Dilandau
>talking shit about Van
>talking shit about Escaflowne

You're dead to me, Sup Forums.

>But she had from the beginning eyes for that handsome long haired dude
That guy from her school or Allen (the one who looks like him)?

The school guy actually liked her until he realized later on that she didn't like him back because Van.

She liked Allen too, mostly because he reminded her of the school guy. Allen even confessed to liking her back until, again, she realized she liked Van

And then Van of course made it pretty clear that he liked her when he happened upon Allen's confession to Hitomi.

Hitomi liked all of the hot guys in the show at one point and they all liked her back. When you really look at it, Hitomi is kind of a shallow bitch. Especially when you consider how she left in the end.

>talking shit about Dilandau
Talking about wanting to fuck him is the opposite of talking shit.

>>talking shit about Van
Who is? Van is best boy you fag.

Something that could have been solved with vampires.

The glitter kind

You've seen Bordello of Blood too?

Tales From The Crypt is overrated

Crypt Keeper was annoying s shit, true.

I just really felt bad for Van. Hitomi is such a slut.

This is a PMS joke isn't it?

>Folken had to fucking manipulate fate to make them kiss

Also, Allen and Amano are basically the same person, making her like what, 2 guys? To everyone who can read into an anime aimed mosly at teenage girls it was clear she would end up with Van.

He certainly deserved better. He deserved someone who really understood him and appreciated him as a person. Or at the very least, someone who would come back to Gaia from time to time.

The overall art style of the anime and her design is nice.

Why did she leave him?

It was worth for the scene where they meet again.

I love Escaflowne but are you fucking serious? If the movie did anything better then the show it was the fucking artstyle. I mean, at least Hitomi looked like a female in the movie and even then I would have went with a completely different style altogether for this show.

>she unknowingly almost destroyed the planet with her emotional wishes

Gee, I wonder why. Such an immature decision, she should have just become another burden on Van's back.

Slut

No one knows and it's never stated by anyone, not even the creator.

Only when she told the future. She could have lived on Gaia like a normal person. And how the fuck did that stop Van from going to Earth to see her? He did it once already.

>Trying to defend that stupid ending
That's never once stated or even hinted at as the reason they stayed apart.

Wait, since you prefer the movie in that regard, you can't appreciate the series' animation or design anymore? The series had beautiful backgrounds and designs, the only mistake they made was the angularity and yeah, the noses. Still, Yuuki did a great job.

I was more referring to the designs of the characters. The animation is fluid and beautiful and yes the backgrounds are splendid

Van is literally the only character whose design I like equally both in the show and the movie

Watch the series again. Shit happens simply because she is 'worried' or 'wants it to stop'. Heck, Dornkirk's Zone of Absolute Fortune opened because of her, because she wanted the suffering to stop. Basically, she is a god on Gaea, and she does not know it. And even if she did, she would hardly act rational in those situations she is put in.

>Folken had to fucking manipulate fate to make them kiss
Jesus fuck, I was laughing hysterically at that part.
It was the most anime-ist thing to do but still no one had ever done except Escaflowne.

Okay but Van has the pendent and the Escaflowne, he can see her anytime he fucking wants and yet she still says "I'll never forget you even when I'm old" implying they'll never meet physically again.

I'll never know how did this wonderful prince fell for this shallow unstable pessimistic dumb ugly girl.

She's not going to wreck all of Gaia if she were to visit once in awhile for a short amount of time.

Yes, that is the one flaw I see with the ending, seems to me it was put there to make it a sobstory. I never said I dislike or not believe the idea they can meet anytime. There is official art implying they do meet again and Akane was also not exactly denying it when asked.

You would do the same thing if you were a hormonal 15 year old.

I read some interview a long time ago that Hitomi leaving had to do with what the creator thought was a more mature kind of love. Or something of that nature. I wish I had saved it back in the 90's because I remember thinking how horseshit that answer was.

She was the chosen one right?

For many that was the introduction to delicious NTR. But really, how is it any different from when a villain force-kisses the girl, I'm sure something like that happened in Sailor Moon or such.

But agree with this, she should be shown appreciating him more after all she put him through with Allen.

>For many that was the introduction to delicious NTR
Was it? As far as I remembered, that kiss was mutual.

So she is basically Haruhi?

Van witnessing that was what made it a true NTR experience.

I know which art you speak of, but the art would contradict what she said at the end. Also, the art looks like it takes place not to long after the show ends because Hitomi is still in her school outfit.

Idk Hitomi is just an idiot girl.

But according to your logic Van is also a slut, for keeping a cat girl beside Hitomi.

Yeah, well, 15 year olds tend to be.
It's not like Van is the brightest bulb, too, if he said something else in the barn at the time, she would be all over his "pretty winged" ass.

Doesn't mean he had to fall for her. Hitomi is an insecure ugly hischool girl who goes to a different world where she is a literal god and has two hot guys wanting her pussy. Logicaly though, neither Van or Allen have any rational reason to be romantically interested in a girl like Hitomi whatsoever.

Honestly, if the story and other characters had not been so fucking fantastic, it would have been long forgotten as a generic self insert shoujo garbage.

Leave them alone. They are both pure enough, go look at today's 13 year olds.

Van never had feelings for cat girl and she fucking knew it.

Allen does not really like her, he is just a manslut and likes to tease her, perhaps he thinks she is somewhat adorable. That changes with Folken's RPG evening.

>self insert
Whose? Kawamori's?

I was never a fan of the character designs, but the mechs, environments, creatures, and color palette are all top-notch.

"Self insert" meaning the female viewers can relate to her and insert themselves into her role.
I mean, why else would they make her look a dumb unappealing 15 year old girl? They could have made her a normal looking college girl with a somewhat decent head on her shoulders but they chose the later instead.

ugly as hell

Yes, but that would no longer be shoujo/shounen as they wanted. Not that I would mind to see a seinen and josei mix.

Also, please name a smarter or more mature shoujo heroine.

>Yes, but that would no longer be shoujo/shounen as they wanted.
Was that the demographic they were aiming for?
>Also, please name a smarter or more mature shoujo heroine.
You really going to make me look through my archives user? It'll be a while.

I like Hitomi, she's not dumb and shittin on her for having a crush on more than one boy is retarded, but there are a lot of more mature, smart shoujo heroines.

Like the other fantasy isekai anime I like, 12 Kingdoms.

I don't think it's necessarily about making bad choices (although she did to plenty of that) it's about being able to bounce back from them and learn that shows how centered you are. Some 14 year olds are better at it then some 16 year olds.

A lot of the girls from Sailor Moon made better decisions then she did (albeit, they weren't any more mature then Hitome was) and knew how to come back from said mistakes. Idk, maybe that's not a fair comparison since they're all gods from the past anyway.

Basically, Kawamori wanted a spin on the mecha genre, making a girl heroine. It was just his third project or such when he started it in early 90s. Originally, Hitomi was supposed to be a megane bimbo... basically the character she is in Katsu Aki's Escaflowne shonen manga. It was still meant to be shonen before they changed the director to Akane and he incorporated some shoujo elements.

How is Hitomi stupider or less mature than Ichijo, for example? It's the same thing, triangles and all, except instead of a dense shonen protagonist you have a stupidly naive and emotional heroine. Except you don't see her grow up as much like Ichijo did, she is still 15 when the story ends.

She had a crush on a guy just because he looked like another guy she had a crush on. That's shallow as fuck user.

>How is Hitomi stupider or less mature than Ichijo, for example?
>Ichijo
Who?

This seems like the Aerith/Cloud/Zack dilemma from FF7. Except Aerith's annoying interest in Cloud could have been redeemed had she told Cloud that she and Zack had a serious relationship.

If you don't know who, you can't make the comparison, user.