No isekai anime next season

>no isekai anime next season
What happened Sup Forums?
Wasn't this supposed to be Japan's hottest new fad?
Where will I get my fix of tracksuit wearing NEETs fucking around with cute girls in another world now?

Other urls found in this thread:

anilist.co/anime/21662/GinnoGuardian
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>isekai
>fad

It's a fundamental change to anime. It's not going anywhere, ever.

I thought Gin no Guardians was Isekai

I mean the guy jumps into a digital world.

Konosuba is the only good isekai ever, so who cares.

It's not even particularly new, it's just that back then they threw girls into the other world.
>Fushigi Yuugi
>Escaflowne
>12 Kingdoms
>Strange Dawn

>Alice in Wonderland
Those 19th century writers sure loved their isekai huh?

Atleast the dubs are good.

>implying you like Konosuba because it's isekai
It shits on isekai remember? It's like saying you watch EVA for the mechs.

For the last fucking time, Konosuba is not a satire/parody of the isekai genre. It's merely a particularly comedic/absurd take on the premise.

It doesn't lampoon the basic cliches and assumptions of the genre. Kazuma still appreciates his life in the new world to a degree, he still has a harem of cute girls whose cuteness outweighs their flaws, he still gets to live the dream once in a while. It's not attempting to be a scathing parody at all.

I feel like people are labeling Konosuba a parody simply so they can say "I-I don't like the REST of the trash isekai, only Konosuba because it makes fun of them!" Kind of like how people label Re:Zero a "deconstruction" as well because they're retarded.

>shits on isekai
When?

>it's like saying you watch EVA for the mechs
Fuck you EVA works very well as a mecha show.
It's got some excellent monster of the week stuff in it.

Good. Isekai on its own will never come close to being insulting in the way dumb ecchi and harem shows are.

>it's not funny because it's racist but because it's making fun of racism
Indeed. Same kind of mental gymnastics for Isekai here.

>death by truck is actually death from shock at imagining being hit by a truck
>cheat item is beyond useless
>stats are average and not broken
>start off sleeping in a horse stable because they're broke
>other party members have minmax'd but are nigh useless outside of very specific situations as a result
>constantly in debt and having to pay it off
>gender equality

To be completely fair. Good parodies aren't meant to be scathing or off-handed insults to the topics they're parodying. They completely embrace it and even celebrate it at times.

Which is why most of the best parodies about something are written by the very people who come from that subculture to begin with.

all we need is harem and moe

1900 counts as 19th century, right?

Is that supposed to be shitting on isekai?

Good thing isekai provides both.

>isekai is dead
>battle harem is dead
>meanwhile CGDCT is stronger than ever

>CNDCNT is dead

I need more, the games aren't enough!

we need ONLY harem and moe, no other genre of any kind

When are we getting a modern otome isekai adaption?
You know
>muh otome game setting
>muh villainess reincarnation
>muh duke's daughter
>muh avoiding muh destined bad end
>muh flag breaking
>muh social intrigue
>muh stealing the heroine's harem for myself

>we need ONLY harem
Such as?

Norn + Nornette

>isekai
I still wish they'd stop using that word.

Fuck off Digibro.

>Konosuba is the only good isekai ever
>SAO invented isekai
Fucking kill yourself

>thinks, that SAO invented isekai
no, you should kill yourself

Isn't knights and magic and death march coming out?

Knights and Magic is in summer season.
Death March's airing date hasn't been announced yet.

Arifureta anime, never?

>unironically wanting an anime adaption of that garbage

I admit, it is kinda garbage, but I still like it

I just want to see the useless bunny animated

>Wasn't this supposed to be Japan's hottest new fad?
this has been going on for the past 2 decades, the influx of "moe" isekai for the past decade. what the FUCK are you on user?

the bunny is only useless at the beginning

The narou isekai anime boom officially started with Log Horizon.

I know user, I've almost read it all.

How have you not killed yourself yet?

Lord Abyssgate is the only good Arifureta character.

Going by next season, the hottest shit in anime right now is sequels to already popular properties. I suppose they need guaranteed money going by the shit sales everything is getting in general.

Narou isekai?

>garbage that flopped hard
>starting a boom

pfftt

>Isekai is new meme

I want newfags to leave

>Aura Battler Dunbine was 35 years ago

Narou is basically fanfiction.net without the fan fiction. It's where nips go to self-publish their shitty wish fulfillment power fantasy stories and lately light novel publishers have been grabbing the more popular stories on the site and giving them official publishing deals. Mahouka, GATE, Log Horizon, Maoyuu, Overlord, Youjo Senki, and Konosuba are all formerly from Narou, with Log Horizon being the first isekai novel from there to be given an anime adaption (and Maoyuu from the same tax evading author being one of the first Narou anime adaptions).

That's actually a really nice movement. I enjoy seeing things become more democratized, and for authors to have more avenues for moving up in the world.

Mamare was great.

I don't like it because it's a parody.

I like it because it gives alot of personality to the characters that represent the other world while also providing a competent main character in the world he joins while still being able to provide laughs.

Characters all have good chemistry with one another and they're not completely tethered to the MC to provide quality entertainment too which cannot be said with too many others in the genre.

So can someone from Sup Forums write there and show the nips what a good story should be about?

This guy speaks the truth

What's the next big thing lads?

Reverse isekai will dominate anime from 2018 through 2023, characters from fantasy worlds coming to the real world.

I'd say anti-heroic tales, but it already had its chance and simply nobody took a notice.

Aren't we getting SAO s3 this year? It was supposed to be announced after the movie.

That's probably the most popular isekai.

VNs will make a comeback.

>Kazuma still appreciates his life in the new world to a degree
>he still has a harem of cute girls whose cuteness outweighs their flaws

>in this world, it seems that the abilities of adolescents are measured through a
>everything from to is given a grade from F to A, and it seems that those with superior abilities are given preferential choices in society and can obtain higher paying
>additionally, it seems that are a common piece of equipment seen in this world
>with a , the denizens of this world can use , which confer various useful tools, such as keeping track of time or buying items with 2-day shipping
>what the heck, isn't this world a bit too convenient? are a truly fearsome thing!

That would be great, honestly. I love VNs.

I would love to get the first season of Alicization this year, though I haven't heard any news about it.

>CNDCNT
What?

Cute writing, user.

>Sup Forums
>show the nips what a good story should be about

Cute Nowas doing Cute Nowa Things

Oh, got it. Too bad the franchise is not that popular in nipland.

Just marathoned through all the episodes today and honestly i was expecting more from all the hype. I enjoyed the first season well enough as i saw it as a kind of refresher from the standard power fantasy side of things that these isekai anime so often tell and it did go somewhat out of its way to avoid, comment, or subvert the tropes that go along with it but quickly in season two that same shtick began to get old. I dont know if it's just from them spinning their wheels on the same jokes and "subversions" that every critic and their mom was praising it for or just a feeling that it wasnt trying as hard to be as clever anymore.

But its got waifus so whatever it'll probably stick around but i cant see myself sitting through another season.

Isekai isn't a fad, it's been happening forever. Zero no Tsukaima was Isekai.

It's truly a mysterious phenomenon. I mean, we've been bogged down in Isekais for a couple years now, and suddenly there's a break? Did Japan run out of ideas? Or maybe they're not keeping up? It's not like Isekai became unpopular all of a sudden.

>tfw isekai is so cancerous it literally gave the author cancer

I think that the praise here is just for it being a comedy anime at all. Those are so rare that when one of them come, we will all like it, even if we agree that it's not that good.

Is this true? If it is then LH made an impact in the industry like Eva.

SAO was what started this fad, even if it's arguably not a "true" isekai.

In the anime sector perhaps, but in the web novel sector it was Mushoku Tensei, even if it didn't have "true" JRPG mechanics.

>SAO
>Isekai
Even if it was, there were still isekai anime from decades before.

Fantasy world reincarnation was already a popular jerkoff premise for amateur writers prior to Mushoku Tensei, MT just solidified a lot of the common cliches seen nowadays due to spawning a ton of copycats thanks to its status as the most popular narou novel.

These things always go in phases

Accidental marriage/engagement
cyberpunk
Club/council presidents
Demon Lord
Magical high school battles

Only annoyance is there's no sign of Isekai letting up. There's even a fucking magazine of nothing but isekai.

Starting a fad != coming up with the premise.

SAO is responsible for the resurgence, not the creation of isekai stories.

I'd still take isekai over battle harems anyday.

Fall 2015 of anime was a blight upon human history. Fucking Fafnir no Shinmai Maou to Seiken Tsukai no Absolute Duo all in the same season, Christ. And then Rakudai Kishi no Asterisk War happened soon after.

So when are we going to get a manga of the LN where the guy is reincarnated as a hot spring?

>SAO is responsible for the resurgence... of isekai stories.

lern2comma,,,,,,,,

There is a Chinese cartoon for you next season
anilist.co/anime/21662/GinnoGuardian

We're talking about that good shit with neetakumoris being transferred to the fantasy land.

That's the thing that Shield Hero, Mushoku Tensei, Re: Zero, Outbreak Company, Konosuba, et al share in common.

On a side note ZnT was both Isekai AND High School Battle harem and still managed to be shit

>neetakumoris
You mean hikineet?

hikineetaku?

Are there any isekai tensei where the NEET protagonist returns back to his/her world and became a better person overall?

>We're talking about that good shit with neetakumoris being transferred to the fantasy land.
problem is too many newfag anons think that's all there is to isekai and spew shit in their ignorance

This is WISH FULFILLMENT. The target audience doesn't want that horseshit. They're ALREADY better people than most people they were just born in the wrong place/time/situation to let their abilities shine. Plus there's no cutiepie elves in the real world

That's really gay, user.

> neet protag gets isekai'd
>doesn't go full psycho when he obtain sall those powers
uh huh.

>Next big thing
Genderbending aka Youjo senki and Magical girl thingy coupled with Isekai. We probably get anti heroes as well but thats probably not a big thing.

Isekai needs to innovate and nips are fundamentaly handicapped on that department so expect small changes like genderbends, Yaoi, Yuri meshed in to the formula. Sure, these existed before but noe theyll get popular

Here and There. Well, he wasn't a neet but he really grows up after everything and gets his shit together.

Every possible permutation of isekai has already been written and uploaded onto some dark corner of the web but you know that the publishers are only going to bet on the safe, samey shit in the top 20 list of popularity/sales.

Is it still isekai if it happens in the MC's head when he's in a coma?

Of course. This applies to any fiction. That's like saying "Is it still isekai when it's in a book?"

I wish we could hurry up and get a decent yaoi isekai. With the fujo and otome market getting more and more attention i'm just wondering why it's taking so long.

Only if the love interest is a trap.

all anime is isekai

Well if the protag gets their big traveling band of boys and men he could potentially get anyone. That goes more into harem territory probably and would dilute the one on one romance. Guess it just depends what kind of direction they want to go in.