Azumanga daioh thread

azumanga daioh thread

Other urls found in this thread:

bookdepository.com/Azumang-Daioh-Collected-Edition-Kiyohiko-Azum/9780316077385
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kasuga Ayumu a cute.

Truth.

Just started watching this, why is she such a fucking cunt. I just want to relax and watch a cute sol but every time this bitch pops out my blood pressure rises.

Because she's a bitter old unloved Christmas cake

Yukari is one of the best characters.

I've only ever seen the dub of Azumanga. Am I missing out?

Please crawl back into your hole and never leave it again.

Who's that~?

>having taste this bad
>not wanting to have a drunken one night stand with a loud, bitter christmas cake who just wants to be loved

I like Minamo better though

i want to ride mr tadakichi

You are stupid.

I agree

Yukari pls

Do you really have to ask?

USED GOODS TIER
>Kagura
>Nyamo

BITCH TIER
>Yumi
>Tomo

ACCEPTABLE TIER
>Sakaki
>Chihiro

GOOD TIER
>Yukari

GOD TIER
>Osaka

NOT FOR SEXUAL TIER
>Chiyo
>Kaorin

This list is objective fact.

The humor translates poorly enough as is. Having to spoil every joke by reading subtitles makes it unwatchable.

I happen to be of the opinion that all the azumangos are equally delicious.
Some azumangos are more equal than others.

I'd rather have some level of understanding of what's actually being said. Do what you want, though.

Where have you been when Osaka made the first step on the moon?

Is Tomo a virgin?

Is Osaka?

ofcourse

Is Tomo?
Yes.
Is Osaka?
No_

yomi is so fat she has two watches one for each time zone she's in

Why would anyone want to fuck Osaka? It'd be like fucking someone with Down's syndrome, which - while more fun that it sounds - is mostly just an exercise in frustration.

>ywn hold back yomi's hair as she makes herself throw up over and over
>ywn pat her gently on the back as she shudders and wipes her mouth
>ywn push her head back towards the toilet bowl when she starts to lose heart
>ywn tell her that it's ok if it hurts and that it'll all be worth it in the end

>ywn give Yomi a proper diet and exercise routine

god yomi sucks

>"We can kiss in public when you're thinner, Yomi-chan"

>Why would anyone want to fuck Osaka?

Get a load of this fag.

osaka is not for fuck

correct

osaka is for succ

stop it

TRY SUCC
GET CUTT

From the thumbnail I thought it was a censored penis

I guess she really is for succing

I want to impregnate her and then tell her that she's heavy only because she's carrying a person inside of her.

>there are people out there that still haven't bought the omnibus

If she's not careful the scales will flip back and she'll fall her ass on the cold floor

>have the 4 manga volumes coming in the mail soon

Does the omnibus have different content or just the manga combined into one book?

how? I feel like every major chain bookstore is obligated by law to have exactly 1 Azumanga omnibus sitting on the shelf.

Unfortunately you fucked up. The ADV edition (4 volumes) is an older, shittier translation. The Omnibus by Yen Press is a new, improved translation and includes translation notes to explain jokes, etc. It also includes the supplemental chapters published after the original series ended.

Also beware, the ADV edition is also available in an omnibus. The edition that you want is the one published by Yen Press. It's currently in print as far as I know.

Is this the good one?
bookdepository.com/Azumang-Daioh-Collected-Edition-Kiyohiko-Azum/9780316077385

ISBN10: 0316077380
ISBN13: 9780316077385

Yeah, that's the Yen Press one. It says it under "Imprint" below the "Publisher" line in the Product Details

I checked the ISBN too and it's the right one

this one time I smelt a fart that wasn't mine

you killed the thread, nice work

>mind-blown.gif

Why is Tomo so shit? She ruined the whole episode.

Who is the best waifu and why it's Osaka?

Because Osaka is a cute. CUTE!

More Osaka x Hedberg pls

Osaka is for anal. We know this because House of Karsea doujins are canon.

But Kaorin isn't a lesbian. It's just a teenage crush phase thing.

I don't understand how you people have such a uniformly shitty opinion on this. The ADV translated jokes were hilarious and the Yen Press translation obnoxiously writes out Osaka's accent. ADV is much better.

>azumanga daioh thread
I enjoyed the anime a lot, I hope they make an ova or two for it, something like a class reunion or something.

CUTE
U
T
E

mai waifu

>Raspberry Heaven is where Sup Forums was born
>Azumanga invented Sup Forums
>Azumanga invented Sup Forums
You better be thankful

Friendly reminder that Tomo is shit, and an ultra bitch.

How did it invent Sup Forums? I thought Yotsuba did?

Are you a bad enough dude to be a bonkler?

No, she's just 404 girl.

Yotsuba literally means 4 leaves. As in the logo of the site. The 4 in Sup Forums.

Yeah, but didn't everyone realize that like a year after the site was alive?

I don't understand

Why are they all so good?

6/10 anime

They should have made 13 episodes with better animation

Yeah, the animation is easily the weakest part of the show.

I was curious as to what Raspberry Heaven was, so I googled it.

>Sup Forums really goes back to a board called Something Awful, a major source of Internet culture in the early '00s. Some time between 18th April 2001 and 15th May 2001, SA added an anime board called ADTRW to separate the anime chat from the other boards. Members of ADTRW started Raspberry Heaven, a DC++ filesharing hub for anime, named for the ending theme to a 2002 series called Azumanga Daioh. Raspberry Heaven was itself a spinoff of SADCHUB, the Something Awful Direct Connect Hub, created to separate the anime from the serious business.

>The Raspberry Heaven anime hub had a linked IRC channel, originally at the MircX network but later Pyoko IRC. Here, moot and several ADTRW members were regulars. RH discovered 2chan.net, a Japanese image board, and for a while the channel was full of 2chan image links. 2chan itself is named after 2channel (2ch.net), the unrelated text-based image board featured in the film and TV series Densha Otoko.

>At some point, 2chan blocked non-Japanese from posting. At the time we thought this was to keep out us English-posting gaijin devils, but I think it later turned out they were blocking trolls from South Korea. moot, at this point just an average hub member, registered the site's original domain, Sup Forums.net.

Oh, and of course Raspberry Heaven is the name of the ending song from Azumanga.

Ooh, page ten, and I just got up!

I have the Yen Press omnibus, and mine didn't come with the Supplementary Lessons chapters. Did they add those to a later printing?

That's one handsome bastard.

That's why you just read the 10/10 manga.

The humor in it doesn't translate well to animation outside of one or two scenes.