All alcohol consumption is drunkenness, and drunkenness is sin that has no place in a white Christian nation

All alcohol consumption is drunkenness, and drunkenness is sin that has no place in a white Christian nation.

The same way it is arbitrary to place the beginning of life anywhere but conception, it is arbitrary to place drunkenness anywhere but all consumption.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nativism_(politics)?wprov=sfla1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecumenical_council)
law.cornell.edu/constitution/first_amendment
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Back to facebook, fundie

It doesn't take extreme pious zeal to see exactly what the Bible says

You can take my booze from my cold, dead hands. You can also take it from my warm, drunk hands if you ask nicely.

Let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more.

The Bible says to give alcohol to people who are suffering... Fundie tard, I bet you've only read John 3:16 and the other token scriptures.

Should I care about your g*d?

So maybe actually read what you posted that says that you shouldn't be intoxicated by it. Only soy boys are intoxicated after one glass of red wine enjoyed over the breaking of bread.

The Bible says a lot of things. What was good for our ancestors is not necessarily good for us, or we would be still not eating pork or some seafood in fear of then poorly understood diseases.

Wrong place to insert that argument. What has changed in the past 2000 years regarding intoxication by alcohol? It has always impaired your thinking, emotions, physicality, etc and that is why it is to be moderated.

Proverbs 31 teaches exactly against recreational alcohol, I think you're the one who hasn't read the bible

For starters, our tolerance of alcohol, and our understanding of alcohol.

i mean jesus didn't want water, thats why he made wine. thats straight from the top.

Maybe actually read my commentary on the relevant passage. Provide me with an exegetical argument that drunkenness begins at a point past consumption.

Fuck off, Muhammad.

>All alcohol consumption is drunkenness, and drunkenness is sin that has no place in a white Christian nation.

Jesus turned water into wine you moron.

"Wine" in it's biblical use doesn't always imply fermentation. Specifically at the wedding feast in Cana, Jesus prepared unfermented (good) wine, because he could not have given alcohol to a group that was "well drunk" without enabling drunkenness

God warns us against the evils of drunkenness, but nowhere does he explicitly forbid people from partaking in wine, quite the opposite actually.

I'm not denying the evils of alcoholism, but if you're going to make your argument Scriptural make it Scripturally accurate.

/alcoholic/ here. Haven't drank in about 3 weeks. Also haven't had any cigarettes. Feels much better

For normal people it is fine to drink a bit, even to get drunk sometimes. It's harmless.

Drunkenness is any change in behavior as a result of alcohol consumption. Just like a glass can't be filled with water when there's also syrup in it, a person can't be filled with the spirit when there's wine in him

Are you saying Jesus was a sinner for drinking wine?
Don't use Christianity to further your puritan cuck agenda

See

Opponents to prohibition were actual communists who framed "anti alcohol" as "anti Irish and Italian", and rightfully so as Catholic drunks had no place in this country

Commie faggots voted in alcohol, then miscegenation, then open borders, then homosexuality. Where do YOU draw the line?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nativism_(politics)?wprov=sfla1

I did not understand how that text was proving your point.
You know how many monasteries produce alcoholic beverages,and have done so for centuries.
I think someone would point them out on their "heresy" before 20th century american wives tired of being beat by drunk husband

It's an argument against Jesus' approval of alcohol in scripture, as you alleged.

Catholic monasteries are wrong for a million reasons, alcohol being one. They were pointed out repeatedly over all centuries, as there have always been non-catholic christians

Yes but from your words i don't know how that picture you posted proves your point.
I am not catholic,i am orthodox and we also have monasteries that make vine and rakija.
You can but liturgy vine in Serbian Orthodox Church shop and it is great.

Eastern Orthodox are wicked too, but that has little impact on how to interpret the Bible's teachings on alcohol.
I've had a Baptist pastor say it's ok to drink alcohol, and he was wrong too

>Everyone is wrong but me and my very restrictive interpretation of the Bible
>Repeat for millenia

Those stats are bullshit,russian orthodox are biggest in numbers and are opposed to homosexuality so that alone would bring it to

Not an argument

Those are eastern Orthodox in the US, I do not have numbers for serbia but I trust your testimony.

You're not really advocating people not read the Bible are you

Orthodox people are far more liberal than protestants, at least over here. They're behind all the gay shit that's happening.

It is an argument. You are free to have your own interpretation of the Bible and whatnot but if you come and tell everyone else is wrong for not having your opinions I'm going to tell you to shut the fuck up.
So, shut the fuck up.

I vaguely remember something about wine being someone’s blood

I'm free to have my interpretation but not to share it?
The Bible says to preach the word with boldness. If you're not interested in biblical argument then reevaluate your faith

I personally identify as a catholic, culturally.
I also put value in personal freedom, including it not being cut down by overzealous preachers like you.

So go away, I'm clearly not talking to you

No no what i was saying is that i myself can read the bible and start interpreting it how i want and start my own denomination.
There are things in Christianity that were discussed and conclusion was reached in the Ecumenical council(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecumenical_council) for example.
One small misinterpretation of the holy scripture leads to heresy.
That is one of the problems we have with catholics,they started adding retarded shit into their faith like for example indulgences or that Popes word is gods word and should not be questioned.
I find some protestant denominations a lot more true to Christ than roman catholic church but there are also many that are sects,jehovas witnesses for example they are considered a sect here also adventists(those retards who take saturday as holy day and not sunday not sure if they are adventists)
Imagine if everyone changed bible just a little we would be left with no true Christianity

Consider it this way:
Every church is responsible for teaching the Bible correctly, just like every individual is responsible for living in obedience.

The Bible is unchanging you're absolutely right. Baptists and Orthodox agree on the Canon of scripture, but Catholics added the apocrypha.

My hermeneutics professor has a saying, "Bible, Bible, Bible. Everyone preaches Bible. The question is, who comes to the Bible with the CORRECT presuppositions?" My question to you is, are you really free to find the truth of the Bible if you think your institution has exclusive divine authority, and aren't to be questioned?

Jehovas witnesses and Adventists are cults that follow special revelation of 19th century "prophets", that alone disqualifies them

What IS true Christianity anyway? Certainly not any of the popular Christian denominations of those days, in a strictly puritanical way.
Changes, as little they are, are inevitable and piled up over the centuries ever since the first Christians. Be it a change in rites, a slightly different interpretation, a not completely accurate translation.

Drunkenness must be punished, but moderation is a Christian virtue.
Only Muslims go so far to avoid temptation in the first place.

Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine. People comment that it is the best wine and that hosts generally put out the good wine first. You put the good wine out first because people get progressively more drunk. Jesus was giving wine to drunk people to keep the party going.

Suck a cock, Christfag.

Oh, and

>muh nonalcoholic wine

is special pleading and does not explain the "best wine first" comment in the text. The word used is overwhelmingly used to describe alcoholic wine.

I accept almost all of Christian values as most are based on the common good.

But I never worship a fucking Jew.
Even if he did call out Jews for being greedy, slimy cunts.

Christianity has failed and whites need a new religion not an old failed on.
Ancestor worship combined with morals based on logic seems better.
No shame only pride.

Prohibition and increased immigration are the results of letting women vote

Dumb as fuck. Those Jews you say you hate are not true Jews, but servants in the Synagogue of Satan.

To clarify, the three biggest Jewish sects at the time of Christ were the Essenes, Sadducees and the Pharisees.
The Essenes believed the Tanakh (Old Testament) and respected the law of Moses, applying it to both the Jews and the gentiles. This is the sect that Virgin Mary belonged to.
Jesus was not one of them, because he was literally God in human vessel.
The Sadducees were the literal kikes who didn't believe in the afterlife, but believed that God rewards them in this world, with material things, ie. the more you have, the better person you are.
The Pharisees were literal Satanists, the predecessors of today's Talmudists and Kabbalists.

God picked the Jews as His people due to the works of the likes of Abra(ha)m, Jacob (Israel) and Moses, but rejected those who weren't spiritually like the aforementioned. In other words, blood doesn't matter if you do the opposite of your ancestors, as the Pharisees and many Sadducees did.
Essenes mostly accepted Jesus as their prophet and mixed with us Christians, and others kept following the Tanakh. You have both of those groups in Israel today. It's sad because you literally can't tell them apart from the rest.

But still, Christ is a) God, not a Jew. His vessel's ancestry is irrelevant. b) Raised by the Essenes, who were the good guys and hated the kikes like these we know today.

This is the best future outlook I've seen for religion on this board.

>being so afraid to turn degenerate from a few strong ones you choose to abstain entirely

Faith in works is a Jewish matter you mutt

Twisting the words. Its clear from context that he gave them wine to keep the party going.

When someone is filled with the spirit then they never get 'drunk from wine' because they are always filled with the spirit. Doesn't mean they can't consume it.

>Christianity has failed
No it hasn't, it's Atheism & liberalism that has failed. We've been embracing it since the 60's and look at what it's done for us.

>Christianity has failed and whites need a new religion not an old failed on.
Oh, and also, Christianity didn't fail, it's just that A LOT of money was pumped into:
a) making people forsake it, leading into state of disunity
b) making people believe it failed, leading into state of defeatism
c) demonization of it, leading people to hate it

c) was the state of Christianity at its beginnings, and it had less followers than it has now. Strong eschatology and great works of kindness and martyrdom made so many people adopt it in the first place, so a) is irrelevant. As for b), it can be changed by faith, the one thing God demands you have.

I know you have no reason to believe me, but my state of faith and the spiritual scream I let out in my state of despair led to a revelation of sorts, so I know for a fact Lord exists. He showed me His glory and His past works in my life in one swift stroke. So all it takes is a leap of faith, and if every one of us turns at least 5 other people, Christendom will soon revert to its glory days. I have turned at least 10 people already.

How about if you don't like alcohol, don't drink it

>protestants

Jesus turned water into wine
The apple on the tree in the garden of weeden was marijuana

check mate, morons.

>All alcohol consumption is drunkenness, and drunkenness is sin that has no place in a white Christian nation.
you havent read the bible have you. jesus says that wine is his blood and to consume it

Never, NOT ONCE in my life have I met an Orthodox Christian who thinks that homosexuality should be accepted. EVER.

It is the ultimate heresy.

>search "CHRIST"
>see Muslim thread
What heresy is this? Join the Holy Communion or get removed.

Personally I don't drink since I converted.

However, it's fine to drink like once a month or something. Degeneracy is drinking heavily, every week.

Exactly. Last time I had a drink, not counting the Holy Communion, was a glass of wine 9 days ago, at my Slava. Before that it was at least three months.

Gluttony is a sin, but having a drink is OK for Christians.

thread/

I haven't read many responses in this thread, but is your post some attempt at a clever way of defending abortion? Are you hoping to flip the obvious arguments that drunkenness does not start at the point of consumption? If so, it's not clever at all, as the two are not even remotely comparable.

No, I'm pointing out that you need to approach all issues of "moderation" from an absolute perspective

I would drink myself to death today if it ended all abortion

Alcohol is an awful, destructive drug. It destroys lives. I just smoke weed instead like a good Christian.

Lol - assuming this isn't a b8 thread
I actually laughed aloud while I read this, then took another sip of my beer

Find a life outside of the internet OP, you'll realize it's nice, and alcohol isn't the devil

america isn't a white christian nation

muslims drink and take drugs whenever they think nobody's watching
they forget all about allah when they can get their hands on a few cans of special brew

You're saying the saved can't get drunk, obviously wrong since we still have livers

A riddle: if wine is found in the cluster, is it alcoholic?

As someone who had divine experiences, I can confirm that weed is far more damaging to your spirit than alcohol. Alcohol merely numbs your soul and it's only dangerous in excess. Weed opens you up for demonic influence.
The lord NEVER contacts those who use rituals or chemicals, only those who believe, and only when there is a legitimate need and honest prayers. I had to learn this the hard way, and later figured out that the Lord himself ended up saving me from myself in this regard.

The ideas I had when I was on weed and other psychedelics only helped me in the short term, only to fuck me up big time later.

A good Christian doesn't do hedonism, but self-sacrifice, because when you get used to self-sacrifice, every little pleasure is heavenly, but when you get used to self-indulgence, every little displeasure makes you suffer. We must abstain because God wants us to be strong and happy.

Drunkenness leads to poor judgment but not a sin itself. The Bible promotes to drink and be merry with your neighbors. The only time it warns of alcohol is in the final days where you need to keep your wits

Good Christians enjoy wine, as St Paul commanded us.

Anti-alcohol is a moslem meme.

uh oh we've got a right loony here

>Book of Drinks
i've got one of those
it's got some good cocktail recipes in it

Matthew Henry 1707: "When the wine is in the wit is out"

Actually, it promotes moderation. You don't have to be drunk to be merry. In fact, if you get wasted every weekend, you HAVE TO drink a little, or else you get all grumpy. A glass a day is OK, but three glasses a day are already too much.

Two years at this time, I would have thought the same. But first of all, if you think this way, I know for a fact that you didn't do drugs like DMT, or at least never considered the possibility that the messages it gave you might be true.

>muslims drink and take drugs whenever they think nobody's watching
>they forget all about allah when they can get their hands on a few cans of special brew
That's because they never learned how to resist the temptation, only to avoid it altogether. This made them weak in spirit. A major flaw of Islam. That's why they ban alcohol and make their women wear ninja outfits.

So taking the sacrament is a sin?

law.cornell.edu/constitution/first_amendment
read it and understand that legally speaking this is not a christian nation

The ordinance of taking communion does not necessitate beverage alcohol cosumption

this, not sure why pol hasn't taken the islam red pill yet or at least made their interpretation of christianity stricter.

"Christian nation" does not mean christian practice is enforced by the government, colonial Baptists specifically wrote to Jefferson with that concern when he coined the phrase "separation between church and state"

whew lad
looks like someone hasn't drank very much in their short life time
this board is 18+ mind you

really now? cause this right here sounds like you want it banned.
or you wanna do what the SJWS do and if anyone finds out, you're fired

Yes, I want it banned, like homosexuality and adultery should be criminal offenses. This is not a violation of the first amendment.

Someone's clearly never touched the bottle. Look, the more inebriated you get, the less you notice the quality of the booze. Jesus made booze so awesome the party members noticed its quality even though they were all tipsy to a greater or lesser extent.

Learn the difference between moderation (Jesus-approved) and excess.

well shieeeeeet too bad religious arguments don't hold up in a court of law

>That graph means nothing before my anecdotal evidence.
Sure

Sure if you first believe it is acceptable for Jesus to give alcohol to an already drunk crowd
>woe to that man through whom the stumbling block comes Matt 18:7

How drunk? There's a reason I said tipsy rather than shit-faced.

You're probably thinking of the koran, you shifty little nigger you

Great question, that's really my main point.
The quoted verse says "drunk freely", the KJV says "well drunk"
What's the limit on how "drunk" one can get, and how did you decide?

I don't need to decide, I can leave that in Jesus's hands :P . In my own life I enjoy it in moderation, eg never to the point of slurring words.

imagine being this autistic, reading two versions of a book and making a thread with 22 posts about alcohol being banned Sad!

>well drunk
Isn't that just the same as well fed? To the point of satiation.

Sorry faggot, you had your chance in 1920, it clearly doesn't work.

> Buh muh Prohibition wasn't REALLY tried...

Please, keep these retarded thoughts to yourself

He forgives of course, even if you do get drunk, that doesn't make it acceptable
Sounds like you do decide, because you think your moderation isn't drunkenness. Is "slurring words" the mark of drunkenness, or are you drunk before then?

I hadn't thought of "well fed", good point. I think that's consistent with the idea they were intoxicated.

Let me be open that I do not think Jesus' wine at the wedding feast being unfermented is enough reason to conclude no Christian should drink alcohol

Sure, but Jesus never sinned, right? If it's ok to give more wine to inebriated people, it would be odd to say it's not ok to drink either, no?

As for myself, I reason that the issue is how it impairs your reasoning skills / behaviour. Being more jolly when tipsy is no sin, but groping a colleague... yeah. Hence why I say to stop if your words are slurring, because it's clearly having an impact you can't fully control.

That would work if sins were only action, but the bible is direct in drunkenness as sin just like lusting in your heart

>implying being drunk enough for it to be a problem wouldn't make it hard for you to notice it has become a problem

It doesn't say you shouldn't be intoxicated by it. It says kinds and rulers shouldn't, because their slight mistakes can fuck a lot of people up.

It says poor depressed anons like me can drink as much as I want.

>against recreational alcohol
>against recreational alcohol FOR KINGS AND RULERS.

Ok, but is being drunk the same as being tipsy? I don't think so...

Hence "fully control". "Oh Hey, this is STARTING to be a problem, I should stop now."

>Sure if you first believe it is acceptable for Jesus to give alcohol to an already drunk crowd

It ruins YOUR argument, rather. Either Jesus was divine and could do no wrong, or he wasn't.

If Jesus gives wine to a drunk crowd, it inherently must not be wrong to be drunk, OR he's a sinner and thus not god.