Berserk

I've seen the anime (1997) and read a few chapters of the manga after the anime left off. Does the quality of the manga take a dip or is it worth reading in its entirety? I've heard some bad things about it.

The 97 anime adapted the best arc and improved it. Everything else is shit, don't bother.

That's what I was fearing. Is this the consensus here?

*cough*
HOW SO YOU STOP READING. AFTER A FEW CHAPTERS.

Read the manga, it's totally worth it for the quality. It changes a lot after the eclipse, but it's not bad. While the golden age arc is probably the best, the rest isn't bad at all.

97 anime skipped out on some scenes, one of which was Gut's first apostle fight. Black swordsman arc is also great, but by the end of it it goes into a complete fantasy mode with Guts fighting Krakens, Dragons, Trolls and all sorts of other monsters while wearing a magic set of armor that splinters itself into him acting as a brace so he can keep fighting when his bones are broken only to be healed with pocket fairy dust dust afterward. If anything I'd just recommend not reading it because this series will never end due to how slow the updates are. Or at least read up until the end of Black swordsman

I find that the manga really starts getting worse during the conviction arc, moreso towards the later parts of it, but really reaches rock bottom during Millennium Falcon.

The manga is infinitely better than any of the anime adaptations. The only arc that's really lacking is the Sea God arc. Golden Age isn't even the best arc so keep reading.

Skip the Sea God Arc, any scene with pirates, and read the entire rest of the manga.

Just read the manga. If you're not enjoying yourself you can stop. I never understood the purpose of threads like these.

>I've heard some bad things about it.

Does modern generation has own opinion? Can you able to read for example book without any help from oithers and spoilers? Really curious.

No there is no consensus you retard. Either read it or don't and form your own opinion.

It's bad.

It's doubtful.

It's good.

It's not bad.

It's not good.

You're a fucking retard.

Read the manga.

>read a few chapters of the manga after the anime left off
You fucked up, go back and read it from the start

It turns from dark fantasy to fantasy with some parts of the manga keeping it's infamous rape/pillage edge until they get on the more infamous boat, where everything spirals down from there. It's still worth a read regardless so you have plenty of catching up to do. Take things slow when you reach the boat through, the next chapter isn't coming out until a week or two iirc.

But you can't form a opinion if you didn't read it?

The manga continues being pretty good. The movies are fine too and the 2016 anime is a meme mine of so bad. I still watched it though.

> If anything I'd just recommend not reading it because this series will never end due to how slow the updates are.
user, it's best to love and then suffer than never love at all. Berserk is totally worth it.

Writing-wise nothing comes close to the golden age arc which is what the original anime adapted. The manga is still pretty good afterwards though.

>golden age arc was the golden age of Berserk

>and read a few chapters of the manga after the anime left off
Start from the beginning you dumb faggot.

this thread is cancer incarnate

>Best arc
>Not Conviction

No, he's retarded. Manga version of Golden Age is better, though the anime was great. The other arcs are also great, though Golden Age is probably the best. The art takes a dive in the most recent chapters because Miura is circling the grave.

Anyway, there is no valid excuse to not read Berserk. Just shut the fuck up and read it.

If you're trying to read the crowd to figure out where a mutually agreed upon stopping point is you're shit out of luck. For some people it goes to shit after golden age (because they miss the fantasy realism with a touch of medieval politics), for some it's the Conviction arc (because there's a definite change in tone and character development for Guts after that point). I still think it's pretty great despite how different it's become. Just read it until it stops being fun. If you're looking for a place to pause in the story while you wait for new material each month around the end of the Millennium Falcon Arc is probably your best bet