Free!

>3 new movies announced
Are you hype yet?

Free! Timeless Medley 絆 (Bonds) focusing on Makoto, Haruka, Rei, and Nagisa, a mash-up of anime and new scenes, released 4/22/17

Free! Timeless Medley 約束 (Promises) focusing on Rin and Sousuke, a mash-up of anime scenes and new scenes, released 7/1/17

Free! Take Your Marks: Completely new full-length feature movie about what happens after Haruka graduates, released this Autumn 2017

Ikuya and Asahi will be in the movies

I'm hyped for MakoHaru but it's kyoanus so I don't even know.

Fuck that rin movie nobody wants that

THANK GOD TAKEMOTO ISNT THE DIRECTOR!!

Not that he is a bad director but he is too good for a shitty franchise. I have no idea why ppl think he does well with male casts. I think his forte is more along the lines of ecchi of comedy gags.

Is Rin relevant again? I might give it a watch then.

I only watch it for makoto

Seriously, when we're gonna get Free from this shit?

It's the only Kyoani's property to make real money, give them a break.

GET BACK INTO THE OVENS, FAGGOTS

Never, when gay swimmers end, they'll do gay archers, and when that shit ends too, they'll have prepared another gay novel and so on.

You'll have to deal eternally with some portion of the staff working in some shit series. I miss the good days where we didn't have to share Kyoani with the dirty fujos.

>TAKE YOUR MARKS is actually taking place a little BEFORE graduation, not after

Why.jpg

You mean this season? Or last season? Or the season before that?

KyoAni hasn't done any fujo shit since High Speed, a year and a half ago.

You sound mad

Is Utsumi back?

C'mon it's three movies. Probably they never have stopped working on something Free related since it began.

Unlikely. Kawanami is directing.

>more Rin

I already moved on and I don't want to watch it and yet, I will watch it for Rin. Fuck you kyoanus.

>Rincentric anything
Nope, not then and not now that it's 20 ft under either

Promises is about him and Sousuke, so yes. He should feature heavily in TYM too.

If that's the case, it's so they can get everyone together without having to accommodate the Australia problem. It kinda sucks because I'd like to see the Frees somewhere other than Iwatobi.

He's worth it.

They better give Sousuke a proper happy end, not this "if Rin is happy so am I" bullshit.

First two are recaps, kek.

Yeah but I'll not expect too much since it's Kyoani.

Depends on whose behind it. Utsumi's boner for his suffering isn't there anymore.

Nanase Haruka, a young boy with a special relationship with water, quit swimming because of a certain circumstance.

Haruka wanted to be free and not tied down to anything, but Makoto was with him no matter what, and he reunited with his underclassman Nagisa at Iwatobi High School, and then he met Rei who reminded him of the importance of friends, and so he begins swimming again.

Then comes his final summer of high school where he wants spend it with the best of friends. Even though Haruka says he wants to swim for his friends in the moment, he couldn’t concentrate to do it.

Haruka couldn’t see himself in a future after this and was lost. This puts him at odds with Makoto and the rest who are worried about him.

This is the story of Haruka being able to form strong ‘bonds’ with his irreplaceable friends, leading him to see a new sight standing on a new starting block.

Matsuoka Rin is a young boy who has decided to pursue his dead father’s dream of swimming competitively on the world stage. Rin, who holds special feelings towards the medley relay that his father also swam in, has a fight with his best friend Sousuke over their difference in opinion after swimming together in a relay. In the end, Rin decides to go find new teammates in order to swim in the best medley relay.

Determined to go to an even higher place Rin heads off for Australia. There he learns the true level of swimming on the world stage, and suffers a bitter setback. After returning home, in order to obtain his true strength at Samezuka Academy, he needs a team.

In the spring of his third year of high school, he is suddenly reunited with Sousuke. Rin is happy to be able to swim on the same team as him again, but Sousuke has a reason he’s decided to spend his final year of high school at Samezuka Academy that he won’t tell anyone…

Rin is swimming straight forward to pursue his dream, but this is the story of him facing his ‘promise’ to his one and only best friend.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how mad would you be if after the three movies, there was a Free S3?

>Entire movie builds up to him finding a future for himself.
>Rin asks him to come back to swimming.
>I'll think about it.
>Last scene is him watching Rin's plane fly away to Australia.
>I guess I'll figure out something eventually.
Cut to credits.

Anyone thinks they will try to outgay YOI with these?

So where does this leave Violet Evergarden?

Good. Pls, Kyoani, don't be assholes.
It's not too late to change their ways
>I guess I'll figure out something eventually.
So pretty much nothing chnages in comparison with S2?

Why no original movie recap?

Nah. Kyoani doesn't have the balls. They will up the gay but won't go all the way.

>Cut to credits.
I won't be surprise if that's the ending for the 2nd movie than we get actaul updates in the last movie. Good thing the last movie is in Fall this year so the wait isn't long.

They'll never have one canon couple. Even Makoharu love story had RinHaru focus.

Kyoanus really fucked up by having conflicting ships. Now they have to pander to everyone without angering anyone if they want more money.

There's not reason for them to.

>but this is the story of him facing his ‘promise’ to his one and only best friend.
Nice.

They're still working on it. Don't remember if there's a set release date for it though.

Being Sousuke is suffering. Even though his suffering gives me boners I would like for him to have a concrete conclusion if possible.

We still have to wait for the BD to be released. Or for camrips.

>Free! Timeless Medley 約束 (Promises) focusing on Rin and Sousuke
I'm ready

>We still have to wait for the BD to be released. Or for camrips.

At least we will be spoiled ahead.

It can be done well. The magical boy anime had a conflicting ship and in the end everyone was pretty happy with the outcome.

What happened in that anime? I didn't watch it.

You have to remember that Freegots are retarded when it comes to shipping. Boueibros seemed pretty relaxed about it from what I recall of the threads. Speaking of, I need to get back to Boueibu at some point. I kinda liked it but I never watched past the second episode because I was watching a shitload of other stuff at the time.

They're really milking this hard, huh? Funny how a few years back people were saying Kyoani won't do this.

They're going to do more Eupho after this right?

>to his one and only best friend.
Iwatobi BTFO

This honestly

Violet Evergarden isn't going to pay for itself and everything about the archery animu points to it being dull generic shit (someone who read the LN described it as 'fanfic tier' in the other thread and the character designs are bland as fuck) so it can't be helped until they find a new hit.

Is there anything left to resolve? I haven't watched it yet, but if it does, it might get a movie. See: Tamako Love Story

More Eupho is guaranteed at this point. KyoAni always chains movie recaps with new content

MAKOHARU IN UNIVERSITY WHEN???

Having a best friend doesn't mean that you can't have other good friends.

Never, if the thing about TYM being set before graduation is true.

Third movie

It's a little hard to explain. Basically the main bad guy was jealous because he had a falling out with his best friend in childhood and instead of trying to make up, his best friend just got another best friend. So the two conflicting ships were between that guy x his new friend and him x his old friend. Eventually they all worked things out. Most people ship all three of them now.

Makoto was already in university in the ES.

>had a falling out with his best friend in childhood and instead of trying to make up, his best friend just got another best friend
Oh fuck, I know that feel. Also reminds me of Phi Brain.

They could easily insinuate Rei and Nagisa are together and nobody would give a fuck or be surprised. Then they can claim their gay quota.

>Oh fuck, I know that feel. Also reminds me of Phi Brain.
Feels bad man.

I didn't forget, but if OP is like me, then he was hoping for more than the thirty second Powerpoint ES gave us.

Mob x Makoto where he's being taken advantage of at a drinking party when?

Shuuichi love story will be amazing

Never in while happen but reading about how bat shit shipping war was. If kyoanus fuck up again thing could be worse.

A recap movie of season 2 is already happening - so there's still hope.

Kawanami was promoted?

They're getting an OVA soon

>“The season of March when Haruka is about to graduate from high school. His days in early spring until he moves onto the next standing block told in 4 stories. What will happen to Haruka and the others, as they begin taking their steps towards the future…?”

>tfw no college Makoto

>Whole show depends on homolust
>They'll never have the balls to make anything canon

Canon when?

MakoHaru is canon.

user pls..

>canon

Watch YOI to see what a canon ship really looks like.

>her
Also Coppelia's never getting adapted

Boring?

>kawanami
God damn, and I was hoping her debut would be better than this.
I hoped her debut was something like coppelia

>YOI
>canon
ayyy another fujobait show

Canon when?

And fuck you Jewgle, making me solve five fucking puzzles to post. I didn't even fuck any of them up.

YOI will soon be forgotten now that Free is back from the dead.

Wait, I thought he was a girl.
I mean something like coppelia, user. I don't mind it's not coppelia.

>inb4 makoharu exchanges rings

YOI is bigger than Free ever was.

Nope. KyoAni's only female directors are Fujita and Yamada now.

>50k volume 1 sales
Gou = Fandom
Mikoshiba = Free

I don't like YOI either but people aren't going to abandon it for Free, of all things. It's just the waifufags and autistic shippers who are left.

Honestly would rather he never went professional because that made more sense.

Because they went full homo, something Free will never have the balls to do.

As good luck charms?

Gotta do it in a church for extra good luck.

You can't blame them for trying to squeeze as much money out of it as they can. Fujosports is very lucrative and Free! was one of the first and most successful in that area.

Make sure the receipt says "wedding ring" for superluck.

what happened to Utsumi?

Ded

Became a freelancer. I think she was working on Yu Gi Oh last I heard.

Does this mean no more RinHaru?

Doesn't swim.

Why make something canon when they can keep milking all that bait?

An Oscar worthy script.

RinHaru was bad for both.

That was ded since ES.

Why does everything have to be about shipping?